pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Old 06-26-2009, 06:17 AM   #1
Marine52

Evil Pipe kit or Redz Pepperstick?

Cant decide between the Pipe kit or the Pepperstick. my buddy has a pepperstick and says its awsome..... havent heard to much about the pipe kit
Marine52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:26 AM   #2
loldongs
Banned

you don't get evil pipes anymore
however i would choose them hands down
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:39 AM   #3
Marine52

Punisherspb.com has pipe kit for 150
Old 06-26-2009, 06:46 AM   #4
Lenny17

Which is only good if you can get the threading you need - Angel, Shocker and 98C threads aren't exactly the most common. What kind of marker are you using?

I have heard that the Evil ultra fronts are very thin and are prone to bending if you are rough with them. But other than that, most people I've heard like their pipe kits.

Personally, I use the J&J Edge kits, and I've been happy with them. 5 backs and 3 fronts for under $100 is good in my book.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 06:57 AM   #5
Marine52

i went on action village and looked at the edge kits and all it had was 1 front and 4 backs
Old 06-26-2009, 07:25 AM   #6
Shadow Wolf1990
Down Town Laughing Clown

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Wolf1990
http://www.hustlepaintball.com/J-J-E...p/24280401.htm

Best deal around, there are different kits for the edge, like the basic kit, superstar kit, and the elite. The basic is 4 backs, 1 front, superstar is 4 backs 2 fronts, and the elite is 5 backs with 3 fronts. The elite kit is the best deal from this site. Free shipping too.

Shadow Wolf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:28 AM   #7
Lenny17

Hm. It looks like they've changed the way they are selling the Edge kits since I've bought one. I was finding the full Elite kit (5 backs and 3 fronts) for under $100. But looking around, I have found this, from firstcallpaintball.com: http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/p-...utococker.aspx for the backs and http://www.firstcallpaintball.com/c-...rformance.aspx for the fronts.

It is a kit which has all 5 backs for $55, and then you buy the fronts you want, at $16 each. So still a decent price.

Edit: Ninja'd by Shadow Wolf! But a good link nonetheless. And the elite kit is the one you want, no matter what. The backs are something like $40 apiece straight from J&J, so adding that extra back down the road is a lot more expensive.

'98 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), Ricochet 2KX

PCS US-5 Mech. w/ 48/3k, J&J Edge kit (10"), cyclone feed, JCS folding voodoo stock with RVA

Kingman Hammer w/ 13/3k, J&J Edge kit (14")

Projects in the Works:
'99 r/f Autococker w/ 45/4.5k, J&J Edge kit (14"), and THE CYCLONE!!!
Lenny17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 07:33 AM   #8
Shadow Wolf1990
Down Town Laughing Clown

Send a message via AIM to Shadow Wolf1990
Yeah, I notice there was some different styles of J&J edge kits, and nobody gave me a straight up anwser, so I contacted J&J performance and this is what I got.

To: J&J customer support

I've been looking at the Elite Edge barrel kit, but I've notice that there seems to be several different styles of the front end. I've seen the front ends that have straight porting and the barrel itself is just straight. I also notice there is another kind which the front flares up at the tip and has straight porting, and the 3rd style I've seen is the barrel also flares up at the tip but has spiral portings on it instead. Are these different fronts you have to buy? or are they just different generations of the barrels that have changed over the years? And last, which barrel tip is the current one being manufacture?

Thanks for your time

Quentin

J&J Customer Service

to me
show details Jun 22 (3 days ago)

The styles have changed over the past couple of years. The current design is the one on our site, straight porting without the flare. We have been on this design for over a year now, so that should be the front you get with the kit wherever you order it from.

Josh Gaumer
J&J Performance, Inc.
(330) 567-2455
(330) 567-3376 Fax
info@jjperformance.com

Shadow Wolf1990 is offline   Reply With Quote