pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 06-04-2007, 09:23 PM   #121
Dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by texas_svt View Post
thanks for the quick feed back, money is not the big issue but rather my gun can only fire so many bps and was just wondering if its worth it to spend the extra on a ripped halo etc... over the halo tsa backman. sound activation is a big part of the puzzle for me cause of where i play has some buildings and i don't want everyone inside knowing i'm there. chris
Most electric markers can fire faster than nonforce feed loaders. Plus, it's better to have a loader than can feed faster than your marker in case of skips or popcorning. Another bonus is if you need to fire at a weird angle or even side ways, there will be balls force feed into the stack. Why not buy something you can upgrade up into later on if you choose and it would have better resale value.

Matt

Gear & Parts
300+ Feedbacks--> PBN - AO - PBR - eBay
Dueydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 01:49 PM   #122
texas_svt

hoppers

so then, what options would be good for a ripped halo or vlocity jr. and what is a ripped halo? see i told you i was new.. lol thanks again for all the help. it is appreciated. chris
texas_svt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 02:29 PM   #123
Dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
so then, what options would be good for a ripped halo or vlocity jr. and what is a ripped halo? see i told you i was new.. lol thanks again for all the help. it is appreciated. chris
New drive cone with a steel pin and thicker paddles as the stock cone is breaks easily and is the weakest link making even the rip useless. All do the same thing, so just find an inexpensive one and save your stock cone.

9.6 volt Rechargeable battery pack will save you money, weight and increase speed 33%.

Look here...
http://www.painthr.com/index.php?opt...18&Item id=37

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/t410542/

Good luck,
Matt

Gear & Parts
Old 06-05-2007, 02:39 PM   #124
texas_svt

hopper

Dueydog, what is the cone? do you mean the shell? and if i get one can my local paintball store help me out in changing these parts? or are they sold all ready ripped etc..? thanks chris
Old 06-05-2007, 03:03 PM   #125
Uziel Gal
Legend

Matt's referring to the drivecone: -

It's the part that the motor rotates, which in turn pushes paint from inside the loader, round the catch cup, and down the feed neck to your marker.

A Rip Drive (as in "Ripped HALO") is a knob on the bottom of your loader, connected to the drive shaft, that allows you to manually turn the drive shaft and tension the drive spring. This will allow the loader to feed a few balls at a time without being turned on, or if the batteries have run out, or the board/motor has malfunctioned. It can also be turned in reverse, which can occasionally help to remove jams in the loader.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2007, 03:15 PM   #126
Dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Very nice... that's why he's the Super Moderator! Lol.

Matt

Gear & Parts
Old 06-06-2007, 12:58 PM   #127
texas_svt

hoppers

thanks again for all the help/info, greatly appreciated. chris
Old 06-06-2007, 02:17 PM   #128
texas_svt

hoppers

i see empire makes a sound activated reloader or reloader2. any thoughts on these. i have read the review section at the home page and they both seem like good. pros or cons from soneone who has had it or used more than a couple months would help. thanks again for a great site, i have recommended this site to a few friends to check on items. chris
Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 PM   #129
Dueydog
Give your Halo The BONE!

Quote:
i see empire makes a sound activated reloader or reloader2. any thoughts on these. i have read the review section at the home page and they both seem like good. pros or cons from soneone who has had it or used more than a couple months would help. thanks again for a great site, i have recommended this site to a few friends to check on items. chris
They are a good idea and work well, but the boards are cheaper and are prone to frying much easier than Halo boards. Plus they are more expensive.

Matt

Gear & Parts
Old 06-06-2007, 11:26 PM   #130
Uziel Gal
Legend

Is it actually the Reloader B you are interested in, which is a sound activated HALO B, or the Reloader and Reloader 2 (as stated), which are more like sound activated Revolutions?

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:10 PM   #131
texas_svt

hoppers

ok thanks, i am seeing the differences and now must make the choice. its a fathers day gift. thanks again for all the info and help. chris
Old 06-07-2007, 12:31 PM   #132
sand_man
I'm thinking Arby's

Well, it is a little too late since I already order my Apache LCD, but I just want to see if it will perform as needed. I run an ole b2k4 with PDS with a dremeled trigger( previous owner), can probably go about 14 if I'm unloading. I play front though, so I shouldn't be doing any of that unless I am playing woods and I need to cover my buddies. Now I know the crap about 20bps!111!1!shiftone! is just that, but will it be fine? The PDS I have heard is one of the best eye systems, and I've never had any problems with it. Used my friends eggy to unload a hopper and it was fine, figured the apaches on par or just a little bit less than the egg. I just don't really want an egg, the weight towards the back throws off my already back-heavy b2k4.

.Future Pump Nub.
sand_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:49 PM   #133
Uziel Gal
Legend

As long as the eye system in your marker is working correctly, you should be OK.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 08-22-2007, 12:09 PM   #134
kingcole1

said for mech I don't need a elec hopper because gavitey feed it will keep up. when I shooting fast balls will form a bridge and I have to shake gun to get them to feed (stopping my firing) would you suggest getting the cheapest motorized hopper I can find has a fix?

I was thinking a extreme (20) or revo force (30)

egg 3 or halo would be overkill since I shoot < 10 bps

Last edited by kingcole1 : 08-22-2007 at 12:20 PM.
kingcole1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 12:25 PM   #135
Uziel Gal
Legend

Agitating loaders are designed specifically to stop jams, and would definitely help to relieve the problems you are experiencing. As long as the loader doesn't jam so solidly that the loaders impeller cannot spin (which would normally only occur if the loader were overfilled in the first place), it should pretty much eliminate jamming, but I cannot promise that it is a 100% guarantee of no feeding problems - you'll see a very noticeable improvement though.

I would suggest spending a little more than the bare minimum, in order to get a loader with a feed sensor of some sort, rather than buying a loader that agitates non-stop. It saves you having to listen to the motor turning all the time, and saves your batteries as well. In that respect, it will pay for itself soon enough.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 08-22-2007, 04:49 PM   #136
Curly Fry
US TUBES

well, i couldnt find the best price for this loader, but this is the one you should get:
http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/...IAAAD3Y0GlA_2t

i have seen it for as low as 15$
Model 98, 98C ACT, F7 Fusion, SL-68 II
Friendly Fire Paintball ~ Fox 4 Paintball
Upton, MA
Curly Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:34 PM   #137
bored 1

I went and bought myself a Spyder Victor paintball marker to start out as a paintballer, and I'm curious about my Viewloader Force Hopper. Code 5270 on the reviews part of the website (>>).

The hopper makes a whirring noise that I find a bit irritating (it also gives away my position), but I haven't had the opportunity to try it out. I was wondering if it could work while turned off. My marker shoots about 9 BPS max, and the hopper feeds 18 BPS turned on. I'd rather leave the thing off if I could.

Thanks in advance.
bored 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2008, 07:19 PM   #138
k-tap

i want to argue the fact that a mech marker cannot outshoot a grav fed hopper. i have a 07 sonix and i tend to be able to chop alot on longer strings of paint. i think the problem is actualy blowback that pushes the balls back up.
k-tap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 12:42 AM   #139
Uziel Gal
Legend

bored 1 - There is no harm in trying to use your loader switched - at worst you'll chop a ball or end up dry firing a lot. However, I strongly suspect that it won't feed well. The feed mechainsm is just going to get in the way of the balls.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 04-17-2008, 02:52 PM   #140
Rambob
&quot;Its not hard to fail&quot;

Send a message via MSN to Rambob
OK U.G. I need your Infinite wisdom.

I have a Vlocity and it has just stopped wanting to spin.

The lights on the marker flash Dual tone and I have checked my Power Pk on another Vlocity I have and it seems to be working fine in there. I have even tried another battery and taking it completely apart and putting it back together. It no move. Does it need a new motor ?

Marq 6, Shocker NXT, Million Dollar ION (2 of them), Piranha Core ( Yeah I am old) and Just Sold SL66 Troll. Vlocity's, numerous tanks.
Rambob is offline   Reply With Quote