pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 05-30-2008, 02:27 AM   #141
schreiter
the kaiju

what hopper would go good with an invert mini? preferablly a blue hopper.
Old 05-30-2008, 05:51 AM   #142
Uziel Gal
Legend

For low weight (well, it is going on a Mini), I would suggest a VLocity/Jr. Blue shells are available. Preferably, I would also install an aftermarket chip to get the best out of the loader - the Nox Injector is a good choice in my opinion.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 05:54 AM   #143
schreiter
the kaiju

thank man. hows battery life on it?
Old 05-30-2008, 11:17 AM   #144
Uziel Gal
Legend

Stock, not great - it's the one real downside of the Vlocity - as while it is an eye controlled loader, the motor is always trying to slowly turn; it's how the loader places tension on the ballstack. The eyes control when the motor runs at full speed (feeding) and at a slow speed (tensioning). This is one reason why an aftermarket chip is a good investment - as well as offering a lot more options to tailor the performance of the loader, they also help to conserve power. Something like a Nox Injector turns a good, light, but power hungry loader in to a great loader with lots of flexibility and much better battery life.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:00 PM   #145
nicksniper
ADDICTED

hey what would be the best for me
Vlociy jr maybe with gangstar or tourqe

i worry about the noise becuase i do play some woodsball
how fast it burn through batterys
weight (going on a g3)
thats it
rocket cock ll
IAM CANADIAN

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")The game is 88% the person, 10% the gun, 2% a higher power liked you that day!
nicksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 07:12 AM   #146
EyeMaster

I didn't notice if it said anywhere what happens to all the hoppers when the batteries die.

It would be nice to see in the cons / pros that if the battery dies, it will still feed, even if slower.
EyeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 08:50 AM   #147
Uziel Gal
Legend

That will vary depending on loader design, and even then, nothing is guaranteed; for instance, you could have a loader that would function perfectly well as a gravity loader when the batteries fail, but if by sheer bad luck the impeller arm was in the way of the feed neck when the loader lost power, the impeller arm would stop balls feeding down the neck..

Taking that in to account, there are a fairly wide range of loader that could function without power, but whether they will or not is another matter. There's an element of luck as to whether you can just keep firing. Of course, you can always reach in to the loader and move the impeller arm if necessary.

A rather more guaranteed method (though it doesn't really make for particularly free play, but it can get you out of a hole) is the Rip Drive attachment found on HALO B based loaders (not all of them have it out of the box, but it can be added).

I don't know if you know the HALO B, but if not, it is loader that uses a sprung drive cone. The spring is normally wound up by the motor via a drive band and gear assembly. When the marker fires, balls are fed into the breech by the spring unwinding, at which point the motor will turn on to wind the spring again.

The Rip Drive attachment adds a knob to the drive axle, which allows you to wind up the spring by hand. It'll only feed a few balls before it needs winding again, but it lets you keep playing with no power (or if your motor burnt out, or if the drive band broke etc.), if only in a limited fashion.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 06-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #148
nicksniper
ADDICTED

battery probs dosent ubg me jsut want to know which ones better for me
rocket cock ll
IAM CANADIAN

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(")The game is 88% the person, 10% the gun, 2% a higher power liked you that day!
nicksniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 06:36 AM   #149
Uziel Gal
Legend

Obviously personal preference has a part to play, and personally, I don't like the Torque. Don't get me wrong - they are fast, and appear to have very strong shells, but I don't like always-on loaders. For me, that takes the Torque out of contention straight away. You on the other hand may not care that the loader is always trying to feed.

As far as the VL Jr. straight out of the box is concerned, they are pretty noisy - to the user anyway, as the loader is right next to your ear. With the addition of the Gangstar chip (I actually like the Nox Injector or Hyperdrive chip for the specific features they have - lots of adjustable parameters, parameters that can be adjusted over a wide range, some adjustments can be made while the loader is running, both manual and automatic unjamming, and electronic Rip Drive), you can always turn the tension setting right off to keep the loader quiet.

Honestly though, unless you run the VL Jr. with no tension, if you are looking for a loader that has to be quiet, I'd look elsewhere - HALO style loaders are pretty quiet, and don't run constantly. However, they have their own problems - heavy, need 6AA batteries for best possible performance, can be susceptible to false jams.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 06-07-2009 at 07:30 AM. Reason: Typos
Old 06-14-2008, 06:50 AM   #150
IronCorps
Banned

Send a message via AIM to IronCorps Send a message via Yahoo to IronCorps
I would also like to pitch the minor comment that the motors in the 1st and 2nd generation Egg2's are quieter than the 1st Generation Egg3's. If noise is being considered, i thought that might be relevant information.

I use an egg3 on my wrath, and it can sustain PSP ramping. The noise of the hopper is nowhere near as loud as the markers on the field though (which arent that loud to begin with.)

And like uziel said, Reloader B's are very quiet, but are heavy, and have less ball capacity than even the simple revvy
IronCorps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 10:19 AM   #151
Ghostfire
Custom User Title

Would you consider a Ricochet Apache LCD hopper to be good if used on a Spyder VS2? I just ordered one for 50% off so I couldn't resist the price chop.

"if your getting shot in the cornhole... yer doin it wrong!" - malcontent
Ghostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:05 AM   #152
iliveforthis99
Maher

It'll keep up but you won't have the speed consistency of a force fed loader. If you got it for the price i'm thinking of ($54?) then personally i would have gotten an eye force or egg3 over the Apache.
Old 06-14-2008, 11:22 AM   #153
Ghostfire
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99 View Post
It'll keep up but you won't have the speed consistency of a force fed loader. If you got it for the price i'm thinking of ($54?) then personally i would have gotten an eye force or egg3 over the Apache.
the price I got it as was $49... darn. I did so much research on what marker to get i forgot to look at hoppers.... I'll just have to try out the one I've ordered and if it doesn't work out I can sell it for $90 (LIKE NEW!!!! ) and use my profits to get an egg.

"if your getting shot in the cornhole... yer doin it wrong!" - malcontent
Ghostfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2008, 11:37 AM   #154
iliveforthis99
Maher

It should be ok, i used my Apache on my Ion for a while and it worked good enough. Use the Apache for a little while then invest in a nice force fed loader. You could probably return it as well if you haven't used it. The build of the Apache is little more durable then the Egg3 so you do have a plus there.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:23 AM   #155
CriticalCrysis
Stupid Victim

i've got an ion (blackheart'd, 360qev, cp 1piece, razor drop) and im looking at a pinnokio.
the lightness and the nose add on are really appealing to me.
right now im using a 18v revolution eye force.
its ok but its kinda big and the out of gate speed is kinda slow.
i have a halo sized virtue crown and i'd really like to keep using it.
what should i get?
Old 06-06-2009, 05:15 PM   #156
Tiax

Which loader would be good for my SP Vibe, which is capped at 11 BPS and can fire in full-auto (same cap) ?
Tiax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:33 PM   #157
iliveforthis99
Maher

Anything from a Revi to a Rotor. It really just depends on your budget.
Old 06-07-2009, 01:09 PM   #158
Tiax

Thanks !

And what's the difference betweeen the Empire B2 and the Empire Reloader B2 ?
Old 06-07-2009, 04:42 PM   #159
iliveforthis99
Maher

Nothing, they are both the same.
Old 06-08-2009, 01:41 AM   #160
Tiax

Edit : You're right, my bad !

Last edited by Tiax : 06-08-2009 at 02:48 AM.