pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Air Systems

Old 09-16-2003, 09:14 PM   #1
marx86

ACI 6 Stage or Intruder Expansion System?

Can anyone give me some advice on which X-chamber to get? I read both reviews on them and they both have good ratings, however, I can't really find the Intruder X-chamber anywhere but the store that I go to sells the ACI 6 stage X-chamber. I really would prefer the Intruder X-chamber because it has an ASA built in it so i can just put my tank there and make my gun shorter, but like I said I couldn't find any place that sells them.

Also, one other thing. I'm pretty new to paintball right now and I've been hearing that if you wanted to get a X-chamber you need new hoses and a vertical adapter. I'm pretty sure that I need that with an ACI X-chamber but would I need it with an Intruder?

Thanks for the help.
marx86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:16 AM   #2
hybrid-sniper

Send a message via AIM to hybrid-sniper Send a message via MSN to hybrid-sniper
i'd say get an anti siphon

but between to two i'd get the ACI 6 stage, good solid x chamber with a good rep

I'll keep it short and sweet. Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed. - Montgomery Burns
But it would be just like you to drag your keyboard to a gunfight - Bane

Awake. Arise. Eat. Work. ****. Sleep. Awake. Arise.
hybrid-sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 07:20 AM   #3
teufelhunden
Banned

Send a message via AIM to teufelhunden Send a message via Yahoo to teufelhunden
With an Anti-Siphon, either of those two will work very well.

The Intruder sounds like it'd work out to be a bit cheaper and less of a paint in the ***, as long as the system itself isn't terribly expensive.
teufelhunden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:40 PM   #4
marx86

I already have an anti-siphon installed on my tank, is it necessary then to still get a X-chamber? The Intruder is about 60 bucks but I'm sure there are stores there that sell it for much cheaper. The ACI at the store I go to sells it for about the same price plus I have to buy hoses and fittings on it
Old 09-17-2003, 03:51 PM   #5
teufelhunden
Banned

An X-Chamber works best in conjunction with an A/S, so the performance you'd see would be better. Having A/S doesn't mean don't go for the X-Chamber.
Old 09-17-2003, 03:54 PM   #6
hybrid-sniper

Send a message via AIM to hybrid-sniper Send a message via MSN to hybrid-sniper
if you've already got an a/s then a reg would be your next best bet, either a palmers stab or a bob long reg work good with co2, and do pretty much the same thing as an x-chamber

I'll keep it short and sweet. Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed. - Montgomery Burns
But it would be just like you to drag your keyboard to a gunfight - Bane

Awake. Arise. Eat. Work. ****. Sleep. Awake. Arise.
hybrid-sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:57 PM   #7
teufelhunden
Banned

For $60 (and lookin for cheaper), if you wanna make the step up to a reg, look at the Torpedo, it's like the 3rd best CO2 reg.
Old 09-17-2003, 04:11 PM   #8
marx86

hrm, true a regulator would be better but then I just don't see a point to using a reg with co2 i might as well buy nitro or hpa which im not really going for at the moment. So, at this point I'm only thinking about a X-chamber. Any other suggestion as to which of the two I should pick?
Old 09-17-2003, 04:22 PM   #9
teufelhunden
Banned

A reg will help CO2 more than it will HPA, as HPA already has a reg/reg valve in the tank to, well, regulate output pressure and keep it consistent.

CO2 isn't kept consistent by anything and a reg will help that, plus (depending on the reg) do a good job of taking over the job of an X-Chamber.