pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Airgun Designs

Old 05-05-2002, 11:47 AM   #41
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Vaypourus
Q: Why is Powerfeed better than Standard feed?

A: Here is a very simple diagram that I drew (go Autocad 2002!!!) comparing the two so you can get the main idea. These are views of the powerfeed and standard feed bodies looking down the barrel into the breech. The white arrows represent the paintballs going into breech. The red arrows represent the blow back gas; big arrows represent the majority of the blow back gas as opposed to the small arrows.

You can see on the standard feed, the majority of the blow back gas is vented right up the feed tube instead of the small hole drilled into the top of the feed tube. This means that the balls are pushed out of the feed tube in the opposite direction you want them to go. This can result in slower feeding and chopping, not to mention that paint can be blown right up into your hopper( very messy and will ruin all of the paint in your hopper ).

On the powerfeed, you can see how most of the blow back air is vented out of the rectangular slot cut into the top of the feed tube. Very little gas actually vents up the feed tube into the hopper. The air venting out of the rectangular slot actually creates a vacuum and helps suck the next ball into the breech. This means faster feeding, and if you get a bad breech break, the paint will volcano out of the hole stead of going right up into the hopper .

***(If you have Attention Deficit Disorder and can't read all that, a PF uses the leftover gas of the 1st shot to bounce the next shot into the breech faster than gravity can feed. *Halliday*)***
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

Rare Automag parts for sale!

N E R F P R I D E
It's like paintball only safer!

Last edited by Halliday : 05-16-2002 at 12:14 PM.
Vaypourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2002, 09:11 AM   #42
Bob Mundon
teh gun nut

Q: If I have a anti siphon and a remote tank wouldnt that be twice as good?

A: No, if you do that then all you end up is piping the liquid into the gun. You only use anti-siphon tanks when using a bottomline setup, never vertical or remote.
PMI Perfect Drop
KAPP Automag Foregrip
ACI Bulldog 68ci 3000psi
Bob Mundon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 10:55 AM   #43
Lorquas
Stare at Mr. Humpey!!

Send a message via ICQ to Lorquas Send a message via AIM to Lorquas
Q: What are the differences between the mag levels?

A: All levels before 7: the old mags, mostly in the developmental stages, not produced anymore. If you have a mag its either a lvl 5 (kind of rare now) or 7-10.

lvl 1-3: blowback "Panther" markers, never made production
lvl 4: First mag prototype (not produced)
lvl 5: First production mag
lvl 6: Mag that featured a smaller air chamber (again, not mass produced)

lvl 8: The origional RT valve.

lvl 9: The Retro/RT pro/Emag valve (different cosmetics in each gun type)

lvl 10: An upgrade to all previous levels. Featureing a new all steel superbolt, a new powertube tip, and other various parts in between. The major advantage? NO BREAKS. See the LvL 10 FAQ for details.

Last edited by Lorquas : 08-02-2002 at 12:06 AM.
Lorquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2002, 11:56 AM   #44
EliteBoris
Team Virus, Amature

Will this work?

Q: Can i have a horizontal mounted co2 bottle (PMI PURE ENERGY) connected to a duckbill adapter, going through a steel braided hose leading to a vertically mounted expansion chamber that is hooked up the the vertical bottle adapter that is on my mini mag?? Will this work?? will it cause damage??

A: Yes it will work and no it will not damage your Mag.

Last edited by Halliday : 05-22-2002 at 12:15 PM.
EliteBoris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2002, 12:21 PM   #45
michbich

Send a message via ICQ to michbich Send a message via AIM to michbich
Q: Is it true that i could transform my Hyperframe into a Intelliframe?

A: If you mean wire the Hyperframe to agitate the hopper with each shot, yes. The plans are not listed here, but I can offer a few links that will give you some ideas on how to do the wiring. They are instructions on how to wire a Intelliframe, and with some extra knowlege you could figure out how to wire a Hyperframe.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...threadid=32816
http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...&threadid=8725

Last edited by Halliday : 05-26-2002 at 05:22 PM.
michbich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2002, 02:28 PM   #46
chimic
Way to go Salm

Q: How long is the trigger pull on a mag?

A: That is not a simple question. It take a small amount of movement to fire it, but it needs the trigger to be pulled back farther to complete the cycle and not short-stroke. It is best described as, "Short and snappy."

Last edited by Halliday : 05-27-2002 at 05:07 PM.
chimic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2002, 01:08 PM   #47
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Q: I am considering a Retro Valve. Should I get it?

A: Well, there are a few things you should take into consideration before dishing out the dough.

1. Is a high ROF important? If it is, then this valve is for you. It is the fastest recharging valve in existance, and with practice it is possible to shoot as fast as any gun (including electronic guns in semi mode and even faster).

2. Do I have nitro/HPA? If you answered no, then you are in trouble. Due to the design of the mag, you MUST use Nitrogen/HPA with the Retro Valve.

3. Do I have a hopper that can keep up with the Retro Valve? Becuase of the very high ROF, you are going to need a good aggitated hopper. The 9-volt revy probably will not cut it.

4. Do I like to snap-shoot, play the sniper, or play "one-shot one-kill"? If you answered yes, then you may have a problem. The Retro Valve has "shoot-up", meaning that your velocity increases as you shoot faster. For this reason, you must set your velocity way below your feilds max velocity limit so you are not running hot. Because of this, single shots are not as effective. The Retro Valve is great for shooting strings of shots or bursts, but the shootup may cause problems with single or spaced out shots.

5. Do I have an adjustable tank? It is recommended that an adjustable tank is used in conjunction with the Retro Valve so the "reactiveness" of the trigger can be adjusted. A preset tank will work, but some people are not happy with the performance and/or reactiveness of the trigger of the Retro Valve with a preset tank.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.

N E R F P R I D E

Last edited by Vaypourus : 01-14-2003 at 09:35 AM.
Old 05-29-2002, 07:26 PM   #48
paint_suey
That's Quacktastic!

Send a message via AIM to paint_suey
[quote]Originally posted by banzaimf
[b]Q: What do I need to run a Mag on co2 (cause hpa/nitro is not readily available in my area,etc)

A: Either an anti-syphon bottle, a remote setup or a vertical bottle adapter. DO NOT use a anti-syphon tank and remote together. It makes a syphon remote whice is bad for most markers, including Mags....

I watched da video and they had the hose that connected to the gun wrapped up in coils. That kept liquid out so ya still need something to keep liquid out. I did trial and error and I got some icy stuff on the side of my gun.
Old 06-15-2002, 08:16 PM   #49
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Q. is it possible to get a z-frame for a RT pro or a e-mag?

A:The Z-grip can be used with the RT and the RT Pro. It will not work for the Emag. The RT Pro uses the normal Z-grip (for automags) while the Automag RT Requires the RT version, which has an enlarged rear hole for the banjo bolt. I believe that is covered in the "Intelli-Z" sticky.

N E R F P R I D E

Last edited by Halliday : 07-05-2002 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-27-2002, 03:56 PM   #50
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Q: i'm purchasing an automag and a smart parts splash kit for it. What other parts do I still need to purchase exactly? How many and what kind of hoses and other crap do you need to purchase with a new automag.

A: It depends on how you want to set it up. You can run a simple macroline from the valve to the ASA/tank, or you can get more complex and run it to a gas thru, depending on what kind of Splash Kit you pruchased. Is it a Smart Parts or Planet Eclipse splash kit? Is it the basic splash kit or is it the deluxe? Is a foregrip or a vertical asa included? How about a drop forward/cradle/beavertail?

I suggest you look in the picture thread, find a setup you like, and ask about that one in particular. You have a few different options.

N E R F P R I D E

Last edited by Halliday : 07-05-2002 at 12:04 PM.
Old 06-30-2002, 03:41 PM   #51
Lorquas
Stare at Mr. Humpey!!

Send a message via ICQ to Lorquas Send a message via AIM to Lorquas
stars?

Q: How many stars does ______ have?

A:

TKO Mag, classic mag: One star

Powerfeed Mag: Three stars

Minimag: Four stars (soon to be lowered to 2)

E-mag, RT, Retro Valve, RT Pro, Flatline: 2 stars (may not be engraved on valve)

RTs with serial numbers under 4000 (1 to 3999) are out of warranty and are subject to the $45 rebuild fee. RTs with serial numbers 4000 and up will receive free service until December 31, 2002, at which time all RTs will be out of warranty and require a rebuild fee of $45. AGD will consider making an exception if their records show the valve has never been in for repair before.

When you run out of stars (or don't have any) the rebuild fee should cost $45 ($65 for e-mags).

For more details on your mag's warranty, click here

Last edited by Lorquas : 06-30-2002 at 04:06 PM.
Lorquas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 09:38 AM   #52
chomp141

Q: So whats happens when AGD removes all yuor stars?

A: You no longer get free service. You have to pay for it.

Last edited by Halliday : 07-05-2002 at 11:57 AM.
chomp141 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2002, 09:30 AM   #53
Dravion

Q: Can I put a such and such body on such and such rail?

A: http://www.automags.org/forums/showt...threadid=12914

That link explains a lot of the main body differences and what can go on what. Link is thanks to vaypourus and I did this becasue I know he gets tired posting this link three times a day so now all he has to do is point to the faq.
Michigan Paintball
Dravion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2002, 02:29 PM   #54
Shadow221

Q: My gun is leaking. How do I fix it?

A: first try oiling the gun. This usually helps a lot.

If that doesn't work find where it's leaking from. gas up the gun, pull the trigger and hold it. If it continues to leak then the leak is out the back. If it stops the leak os down the barrel. If it only leaks while holding the trigger it's the on/off.

-leak down barrel-
first check that the bolt spring extends past the bolt. If it does leave that alone. Check the powertube o-ring. If it looks damaged replace it. If it doesn't look damaged replace it anyway but keep the old one(i case that wasn't the problem). If it still leaks change your powertube spacer. Lastly if it still leaks replace the sear.

-leak out the back-
lower your velocity. when the velocity gets too high the guns vents extra pressure out the back. if that doesn't help replace the reg seat. And it all else fails replce reg piston o-ring and clean he piston.

-leaks only while holding the trigger-
If it leaks like a lawn sprinkler(short bursts of air every few second)that can only mean one thing. Teflon o-ring. If it's a constant leak replace all the o-rings as any of them could be causeing the problem.

Q. How do I know if an o-ring is bad?

A: (first I'd like to thank Vaypourus for most of this part)
Follow this guide and you should be able to tell if it's bad. Sometimes you really can't tell though

good o-ring- flexible*(see bottom of post), white or light yellow, clean
bad o-ring-cracked/torn/broken, dark yellow/brown in color, dry)

*Only rubber o-rings(such as the powertube o-ring) are flexible. Teflon o-rings(such as in the on/off)are not flexible. Don't try to bend teflon o-rings as that will only damage them. Teflon is more like a plastic than rubber so if you bend it, it will stay like that and never seal right.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie."

Last edited by Shadow221 : 07-16-2002 at 06:37 PM.
Shadow221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2002, 08:21 PM   #55
dcmander
Sweet Shot

Send a message via AIM to dcmander
Few questions i think are good for FAQ that need answering by you guys:

1) Does it hurt the gun or the guns internals in any way to dry fire it?

A: No

2) Does it hurt the gun or the guns internals in any way if you pull the trigger w/o air?

A: No

3) Does AGD fix/do work on Micromags? Any info on warranty work on Micromag RTs?

A: No. Any Micromags sent to AGD are routed to Pro-Team.

4) How do you know if your ReTro valve is alluminum?

I believe the back half is aluminium. The newest all black valves with "X-Mag" engraved are all alum.

5) If it is not alluminum, where can you get the alluminum valve and is there a trade in program?

I do not believe there is that kind of trade-in program now.

On Order:
AGD Gloss Black CNC XMAG

My AO Feedback Here
My eBay Feedback Here

Last edited by Halliday : 09-13-2002 at 01:17 AM.
dcmander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 04:39 PM   #56
Shadow221

Q: My barrel locks into place sometime and I can't get it out without taking the gun apart. how can I fix this?

A: The twist lock groove on the barrel is made a bit deeper at the end to keep it from slipping out of place. On some guns the twist lock assembly locks in there. Just take the gun apart completly. The twist lock assembly is a small part that fits in the front of the trigger guard. There's an allen screw at the bottom. Find a key that fits and loosen it a bit. this makes it easier the push the pin down and the barrel shouldn't lock anymore.
The subjected discovered
That sadly the cake was a lie."
Shadow221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2002, 12:01 PM   #57
Hotshot<>=
I want an e-mag

Q: I am upgrading to nitro soon and saw a HPA piston in a store. Do I need to get this to get nitro?

A: No, this is the stock piston on all mags (at least since 1992 or something).
Hotshot<>= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2002, 07:21 PM   #58
Shazbot

Send a message via AIM to Shazbot
q: I heard the z-grip was more comfortable- is it really?

a: well, for some folks it is. In this picture, i'm in the foreground. With my teeny-drop and 68 tank setup, my wrist is in a perfectly natural postion when I fire, and I like it that way. (I use a stock frame) No, a z-grip isnt more comfortable if you're like me and want your gun out in front of you.

However, if you're like my teammate in the background (shooting an intelli) and you put your tank on your shoulder or use a huge drop, a z- would probably be more comfortable. Notice how he has to contort his wrist.
Shazbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:27 PM   #59
PbAllWiZZ
I'm pretty Rank

Send a message via AIM to PbAllWiZZ
Q.What are the TUX,SENTINEL,BLACKBIRD,FALCON and TKO AUTOMAGS?

a.These are jsut Mag packages, heres whats on em...

TUX Mag
------------
Polished PF Mag, hopper R/L
Dye Boomstick, optional lengths
Chrome Dye double trigger frame with polished double trigger and clear Dye sticky grips.
Dye Drop Forward Cradle
Macroline Kit
Palmer Stabilizer Regulator
Chrome sight rail
Lock Down Thumbscrew Velocity adjust
Vertical Adapter

BLACKBIRD Mag
--------------------
Black PF Mag, hopper R/L
Pure Energy Inline Adjustable Regulator with ACI Input pressure Guage
Lapco Vertical Adapter
Macroline Kit
10 inch Barrel
Black Sight Rail

FALCON Mag
----------------
Gray PF Mag, hopper R/L
Chrome Pure Energy Inline Adjustable Regualtor with ACi input pressure Guage
Nickel Plated Sight Rail
Lapco Verical Adapter
Macroline Kit
10 inch Barrel

SENTINEL Mag
------------------
Gray PF Mag, hopper R/L
12",14" AA Barrel, anodized to preferances, green, blue,black
Skanline Expanison Chamber
Smart Parts colored wood grips
Vertical Adapter

TKO Mag
-----------
Gray SF Right/PF Left Mag
Foregrip
TKO Vertical Adapter
Barrel (not sure which kind and what length)

All of these (except the TKO which only includes the Macroline.BTM Line kit) Include teh following

Lubricant
Tech Video (TKO also includes this)
Allen Wrenches, Nubbins and O-rings(TKO includes these too)
200 RND, non-motorized hopper
WAR AGINST RAP!!!
My OldTeam,The Ratpack Homepage
EC Productions [b]
NE PBR Day
PUNK FOR LIFE
PbAllWiZZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2002, 02:30 PM   #60
llCanibusll
Can - I - Bus

Send a message via AIM to llCanibusll
What is the Z-body and the Z-Valve?

The z body is a square shaped aluminum body that was a small rubber adjustable peice in the breech. When the ball is fired the piece of rubber puts a back spin on the ball. This gives the ball more distance(msrp $280)

The z-valve is a replacement on/off assembly for the automag/minimag. There is also a model available for the RT/RT Pro/Retro Valve. The idea is to give the gun "reactive capabilities" and increase airflow. Due to poor machining tolerances, this part sometimes works sometimes doesnt.(msrp $42.50)

Both are made by Galatic Systemz.

http://www.galacticz.com/index.html

Last edited by Vaypourus : 01-14-2003 at 09:49 AM.
llCanibusll is offline   Reply With Quote