pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Airgun Designs

Old 12-27-2003, 11:57 AM   #101
P8BWorr
The Squirrel Master

Send a message via AIM to P8BWorr Send a message via Yahoo to P8BWorr
Can u run a regular CO2 tank on a 68automag if u have a expansion chamber on it?
P8BWorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2003, 04:20 PM   #102
Caleb98
The big pill

Send a message via AIM to Caleb98
yes it's just better for your mag to have an XP chamber!

Black/Blue/Gray 05 EGO
Nah son, it can't be stopped

WVU Paintball 08 Frostbowl CHAMPS

R.I.P. ROGER TROUTMAN
Caleb98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2003, 07:59 PM   #103
baka
tim hortons for Pres. :P

Send a message via AIM to baka
What is sweet-spotting, shoot down, and shoot up?

Last edited by baka : 12-31-2003 at 06:21 AM.
baka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2003, 11:29 AM   #104
JTramoDude
***Support our Troops***

Send a message via AIM to JTramoDude
Quote:
Originally posted by baka
What is sweet-spotting, shoot down, and shoot up?

sweetspotting is a way of setting regs AND a way of shooting a "lane" on the field off the break to try to shoot people out right away

shoot down is... when firing fast the velocity drops

shoot up is .... when firing fast the velocity rises

'1972 Dodge Dart

cheap guns (cause honestly, who can afford cars AND paintball?)
kingman hammer
kingman "new" hammer

Quote:
Originally posted by kevinbo03

Smartparts with no space in-between is copyrighted. Reported.
JTramoDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2004, 06:58 AM   #105
PMI_Guy
Currently out of season

Send a message via AIM to PMI_Guy Send a message via Yahoo to PMI_Guy
Heres a little bit more detailed working of a mag valve.

http://www.automags.org/forums/attac...postid=1216924
Old 01-05-2004, 10:23 PM   #106
Oxbrain
Touched by an Anvil.

Send a message via AIM to Oxbrain Send a message via Yahoo to Oxbrain
Q: Do all mags have shoot up?

A: No, only some of the mags do. The classic valve, powerfeed valve, minimag valve and smartmag valve do not, while the RT valve, RT Pro valve, Emag valve, X-mag valve, Retro valve, x-valve, and SFL valve do have shootup.

*vayp
Oxbrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2004, 11:27 PM   #107
JG2790

Send a message via AIM to JG2790
Q: What are the general differences between these Automags?

A: There's alot more info on the stickies and on AO, but here is a basic synopsis of the different markers.

Automag - Comes with Classic AIR Valve stock. Mechanical. AIR Valve is estimated to about 16+ bps without shootdown, (though it can achieve higher) and can use compressed air or carbon dioxide for an air source. Comes in powerfeed (hopper left or right), center feed (very rare) and standard feed (available in hopper left or right).

Minimag - Comes with Classic AIR Valve stock. Mechanical. AIR Valve is estimated to about 16+ bps without shootdown, and can use compressed air or carbon dioxide as an air source. Same as the Automag and Automag Classic, but the body is different (the body has these vents in the front that sort of make the marker look like an assault rifle). Also comes with a vertical adapter stock.

Automag RT/Retromag/RT Pro - Used to come with the Retro Valve stock, but now they come with the X-Valve stock (same as the Retro Valve but is lighter and comes with Level 10 Bolt). Mechanical. The Retro/X-Valve is estimated to about 27+ bps without shootdown (though it can achieve higher). Increases your trigger pull's reactivity (it causes the trigger to bounce forward). Due to it's design and extremely fast recharge rate, the marker cannot use carbon dioxide as an air source. I repeat, RT/Retro/X-Valves can only use compressed air for an air source. There are also 3 versions of Automag RTs, there are Retromags, Automag RT Classics, and Automag RT Pros. Retromags simply refer to custom built Automags with Retro/X-Valves.

E-Mag - Basically an electronic Automag RT. The E-Valve is similar to the RT/Retro Valve. (similar, not the same though). The E-Valve will only work with compressed air like the RT/Retro Valve. 3 Firing Modes, E-Mode, M-Mode, and Hybrid Mode. E-Mode means the gun is fully electronical. Manual Mode is useful for when you have an electrical failure, your battery is dead, or you like playing with an Automag RT/Pro. Manual mode just lets you use the gun without electronics. Hybrid Mode makes your marker have a short pull like E-Mode, but it will cause the trigger to have the reactivity found on M-Mode. The e-grip frame also has an LED screen.

X-Mag - Same as the E-Mag, but comes with an X-Valve stock, has an Autococker threaded body, has a removable breech that allows you to switch between a warp feed breech and a vertical feed breech. Also comes with Anti-Chop Eyes (ACE) preinstalled. Also uses a body that integrates the body and body rail as one piece. Much lighter than a stock E-Mag, and if you order it from AGD, you can get it in custom colors and finishes, and even fade colors.

I will also add these as Halliday requested..

Micromag - Automag assembled by Pro Team Products. Comes with Classic AIR Valve stock. Mechanical. AIR Valve is estimated to about 16+ bps without shootdown, and can use compressed air or carbon dioxide as an air source. Like the X-Mag, the Micromag integrates the body and rail as one piece. Also, the overall length of Micromags are really compact. Also comes with a vertical adapter stock. Earlier Micromags also were much smaller (about the size of a pistol) but they had unremovable barrels to reduce the overall length. Also, the body uses Autococker barrel threads.

Micromag RT - Assembled by Pro Team Products. Exact same thing as a Micromag, but comes with a Retro Valve stock. Basically, it's an RT Pro/Retromag with a Micromag body. The Retro/X-Valve is estimated to about 27+ bps without shootdown (though it can achieve higher). Increases your trigger pull's reactivity (it causes the trigger to bounce forward). Due to it's design and extremely fast recharge rate, the marker cannot use carbon dioxide as an air source. I repeat, RT/Retro/X-Valves can only use compressed air for an air source.

Micro E-Mag - Assembled by Pro Team Products. Exact same thing as a standard E-Mag, but comes with an E-Valve stock. Basically, it's an E-Mag with a Micromag body. The E-Valve is similar to the RT/Retro Valve. (similar, not the same though). The E-Valve will only work with compressed air like the RT/Retro Valve. 3 Firing Modes, E-Mode, M-Mode, and Hybrid Mode. E-Mode means the gun is fully electronical. Manual Mode is useful for when you have an electrical failure, your battery is dead, or you like playing with an Automag RT/Pro. Manual mode just lets you use the gun without electronics. Hybrid Mode makes your marker have a short pull like E-Mode, but it will cause the trigger to have the reactivity found on M-Mode. The e-grip frame also has an LED screen.

Also..

Shocktech SFL E-Mag - Very rare edition E-Mag. It is almost the same exact thing as an X-Mag, but just uses a different body. Infact, this marker served as the prototype for the X-Mag. The body still integrates the body rail and body as one piece, and still uses Autococker barrel threads. There are about only 40 or so models ever made. When these came out the Anti-Chop Eyes were not available, but most of the 40 or so lucky owners have got ACE installed now, so if you find one used, chances are it will have ACE preinstalled. Also, it is so closely identical to the X-Mag, that it can even use the X-Mag warp feed breach and the X-Mag vertical feed breach. The e-grip frame is also an LED screen.

Xtreme E-Mag - Sometimes also called a European X-Mag. Pretty much the same thing as a standard X-Mag. The only difference between an X-Mag and Xtreme E-Mag is the grip frame (the standard uses a ULE e-frame and the Euro X-Mag does not) and some Xtreme E-Mags come with E-Valves instead of X-Valves. You can only get these in the States if you decide to buy the X-Mag upgrade package for your E-Mag from AGD Europe. The upgrade package simply requires you to send in your E-Mag to AGD Europe, which they will then install the X-Mag body and install the ACE and color it in whatever color, finish, or fade you want. The e-grip frame (whether it be a ULE e-grip or not) is an LED screen.

NOTE: This is just the basics, you can find alot more info on the stickies, AO, or if you use the dreaded Search button.

-JG2790
AGD Level 10 Bolt
AGD Black High-rise SS Vertical Feed Body
AGD Black Stock E-Mag Rail
AGD Black Stock E-Mag Grip Frame
AGD Black Stock Battery Pack
AGD E-Mag Software 1.37 (3.0 coming soon)
DYE Precision Automag Ultralite, .689 bore, 14 in.

1995 WGP Autococker Right Feed Basic
Planet Eclipse Blade Trigger Frame
SITE Manufacturing Autococker Stiff! Barrel, .689 bore, 14 in.

Great traders: Fcpchop (AO), Linebacker52 (AO/PBN)
My feedback http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=109637

Last edited by JG2790 : 01-21-2004 at 11:39 PM.
JG2790 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2004, 01:02 PM   #108
Bboy Young
Proud Emag Owner

Send a message via AIM to Bboy Young
Quote:
Originally posted by xXhappyAznXx
do i need air to test to see if the electronics are working properly? whats up w/ the battery already showing up green? why doesnt it do a click click thing when i pull the trigger to test the electronics?
I am wondering the same thing. I just got mine today and am very inexperienced with emags.
Old 01-29-2004, 06:10 PM   #109
Sam#27
N.Y.C. Everything

Send a message via AIM to Sam#27
what is the difference between the E valve and retro valve?
http://kardbordsamurai.tripod.com
Sam#27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:30 PM   #110
llCanibusll
Can - I - Bus

Send a message via AIM to llCanibusll
Quote:
Originally posted by Bboy Young

I am wondering the same thing. I just got mine today and am very inexperienced with emags.
because the emag uses hall sensors unlike the conventional use of electronics. the hall sensor system as far as i know if a system where a magnet is placed in the trigger and the hall sensor determines the gun will fire once the magnet reaches point x were x is the point where the magnet is at the end of its swing (a fulcrum i believe). you can adjust the point where the hal sensor picks up the magnet enough to fire the gun also i believe.
llCanibusll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 06:31 PM   #111
llCanibusll
Can - I - Bus

Send a message via AIM to llCanibusll
Quote:
Originally posted by Sam#27
what is the difference between the E valve and retro valve?
no diference some e valves maybe aluminum but there are still the same as rt's as are x valves.
llCanibusll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 09:41 AM   #112
Grimmjpr

Question Regulator spring pack

I'm not sure if this is in the right place.....but I just installed my Level 10 and it's venting out the back. Yes, I know i need a new Reg piston! My question is when you replace the regulator piston do you have to replace the reg spring pack as well. I'm running a Minimag SN#10,068. Thanks for any info.
Grimmjpr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2004, 02:01 PM   #113
Vaypourus
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Vaypourus
Spring pack should be okay. As far as I know, they still remain the same, as they were o so long ago.

Rare Automag parts for sale!

N E R F P R I D E
It's like paintball only safer!
Vaypourus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2004, 03:25 PM   #114
Halliday
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to Halliday Send a message via AIM to Halliday
Intelliframe

Q: Explain the Intelliframe to me. How many batteries does it run off?

A: The Intelliframe is a mechanical trigger frame for Automags. It does not require any batteries. It is a double finger trigger frame that is very comfortable.

Inside the frame is a mounting plate. If you want to set up your loader to spin every time you fire, you can attach a microswitch to the plate. Shooting the Mag will move the sear and activate the switch.

A copy of the instructions on how to set up the Intellifeeding are here It is a PDF file and you will need Adobe Acrobat to read it.

You name it, I've broken it.

CPPA #582
Halliday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2004, 02:00 PM   #115
Caleb98
The big pill

Q- Can I intellifeed my reloader to my mag?

A- I dunno, but it would be dumb considering the reloader already spins with every shot anyway.

Black/Blue/Gray 05 EGO

R.I.P. ROGER TROUTMAN
Old 03-30-2004, 01:29 PM   #116
Halliday
Registered Member

Q: What are the different valves?

A:

Classic / 68AutoMag - 1 repair star, runs off co2.

Minimag - 4 repair stars, runs off co2, functionally the same as a Classic.

The RT Valve (can only be used on RT Classics) - The reactive trigger actually pushes your finger back after firing each shot! Shootdown is gone forever and the gas flows into the chamber so fast you can feel the valve heat up after a long string. Slide it right in and go to town! Out of warranty and requires a repair fee.

Retro Valve - Same thing as an RT Valve, but comes stock on the RT Pros. Can be used on Automags, Minimags, Retromags, and E-Mags. Made primarily of stainless steel. 2 stars.

E-Mag valve - Functionally the same as a Retro. 2 repair stars.

X-Valve - Aluminum version of the Retro Valve. Comes with the LX stock is the main difference really. 2 repair stars.

Some older Classic, 68Automag and Minimag valves have no stars. They are out of warranty.

CPPA #582
Old 04-09-2004, 04:04 PM   #117
Caleb98
The big pill

Q- I keep having balls break, but it's not my barrel and I'm not outshooting my hopper. What's wrong?

A- You might need a powerfeed to help with the blowback gas, or you could be shortstroking. How do you know it's not the barrel? If the balls are too tight that can cause breaks. Maybe it's the paint? There are bad batches, and they are affected by the weather. Are you using wire nubbins? They can slice the balls.

So, there is no simple reason why balls break.

Black/Blue/Gray 05 EGO

R.I.P. ROGER TROUTMAN

Last edited by Halliday : 04-09-2004 at 08:03 PM.
Old 04-12-2004, 10:18 AM   #118
Shirtless FOX

Send a message via AIM to Shirtless FOX
Please don't shoot this idea down too quickly, b/c I checked the other stickies and the search tool.

Now, I am well aware this idea will void any airgun/centerflag warranties, but I was wondering if anyone knew, or had a link, to how to remove the 13 BPS cap off of both a hyperframe board and airgun electric boards.

I don't believe posting this is against any forum rules, but I repair guns locally and I know people with eggys and halos that cant stand the BPS cap on electric mags.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Us Timmai pwnz0rs is from da street yo!
Shirtless FOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2004, 10:25 AM   #119
Halliday
Registered Member

Board caps

Hey, at least you tried a search!

Hyperframe: Unknown. Buy a new board?
AGD: The 1.37 software allowed a jumper to be plugged in and allow burst fire. Other than that, buy a Morlock or E-Magnum?

CPPA #582
Old 04-12-2004, 11:06 AM   #120
Shirtless FOX

Send a message via AIM to Shirtless FOX
Oh well, looks like I'll have brown my nose over at Airgun and Centerflag for those board specs.

But thanks for the info, I know some people who would be willing to shell out the money for a Morlock.

Yea! Search Feature

*edit*
one more thing about the service mode on hyperframes, when i try to cycle b/t service modes it turns off. right now i can only adjust the powerflow.
Us Timmai pwnz0rs is from da street yo!

Last edited by Shirtless FOX : 04-12-2004 at 03:33 PM.
Shirtless FOX is offline   Reply With Quote