pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > JT USA

Old 12-05-2003, 08:42 PM   #1
CapnCrunch

Send a message via AIM to CapnCrunch
Guide to Upgrading Your JT 5.0/6.0

I know there aren't a load of upgrades out there for the JT 5.0 and 6.0's, but here is a list of basicly all of the possible upgrades you should be able to get and some help on which brand to choose.

Barrel-This is probably the most important upgrade to buy for these markers. If you are looking for a cheap barrel with good performance, you can try the Smart Parts Teardrop or the CP One Piece. If you are looking to spend a little more and buy one of the best barrels, I recommend a barrel kit. Some good choices are the Smart Parts Freak kit, Empire Kit, or the Evil Pipe Kit. For more info you can check out the barrels forum.

Bolt-The bolt is a very important upgrade, especially for the 5.0. 5.0 owners have a choice of getting the new anti-chop bolt from JT if they donít want to spend money on an aftermarket bolt, while this bolt comes standard in all 6.0 markers now. The JTís take Intimidator bolts, so some good ones to consider are the Hydra bolt or the Check-It Intimidator bolt.

Drop Forward/Cradle-If you are not satisfied with the short drop forward that comes stock with the JTís, there are a number of aftermarket drops you can buy. To find the drop forward that best fits you, I recommend trying the drop forward you are planning on buying on your gun at your local field or pro-shop if possible. Some popular drop forwards are the Kapp Drop Zone and Bullet Drop Forward. There are many different kinds though, just choose the one that feels the most comfortable with your setup.

Air Source-For your air source, I recommend using either an anti-siphon CO2 or a N2 setup. Normal CO2 will work just fine, but with a $10 anti-siphon tube on it, you will be running great. N2 is not absolutely necessary on these markers, but is nice to have. If you get a Nitrogen tank, make sure you get a tank set at 750-850 psi if you are buying a preset.

Loader-As with any electronic marker, you will need at least a 12-volt revy w/ X-Board to keep up. Other choices include the Halo, Evolution II, Empire Reloader, and the Ricochet 2k and AK loaders.

Feed Neck-JT guns take Angel threads for their feed necks. You will most likely need a professional to remove your original loader though, due to the loctite. You may choose a low rise, mid rise, or high-rise depending on which you prefer, or you can purchase a gated feed neck that will help eliminate some of the blowback in the marker.

Valve-It is not necessary to replace the valve, and I wouldnít replace it unless you really want to run low pressure. If you are, the best valve for the job is the AKA Tornado Valve. This is a rather expensive upgrade, around $75, but your gun will be operating at 250 psi or lower.

Regulator-You have a few choices on the regulator. If you have a 5.0 with a gas through grip, then I highly suggest buying a regulator, and a regulator is also a good upgrade to replace the stock reg on the 6.0. If you are using CO2, I suggest using a Palmer Stabilizer. If you are using Nitrogen or Compressed Air I suggest using a MacDev Gladiator or an AKA Sidewinder. All of these regs are around the same price range and are the best on the market.

ASA-The only ASA worth buying, I believe, is the 15* Assault Block. This will give you a more comfortable feel with your regulator, and also looks nice. This ASA also comes with a volumizer that you can use on your marker.

Trigger Frame-If, for some strange reason, you decide to change trigger frames, you will be able to choose from any Spyder frame. I donít suggest changing frames, but hey, its your gun. One of the best frames is the Kingman ESP Frame, which is electronic, and a number of others that are mechanical or electronic. A plus with the aftermarket trigger frame is that you will be able to buy replacement grips, that will not be able to fit the stock frames on the JTís.

Microswitch-You can purchase a new microswitch to replace the stock ones that are not very good. These can be purchased at Radio Shack or an electric components store. I hadn't heard of these as an upgrade before until Jason told me about them. They can be easily replaced and are relatively inexpensive. You will probably need a Sub Minature Snap-Action switch but the best bet is to take it to the store and make sure you get the right size. If you need any more information you can PM Jason.

Order of Upgrading

If I were to buy all of the upgrades listed above, I believe they should come in this order:

1. Agitated Loader
2. Anti-Siphon/Nitrogen
3. Aftermarket Barrel
4. Bolt
5. Drop Forward/Cradle
6. Feed Neck
7. Regulator
8. Valve
9. ASA
10. Trigger Frame

All of these products should be able to be bought at either www.actionvillage.com or www.paintballgateway.com

Last edited by CapnCrunch : 12-09-2003 at 03:43 PM.
CapnCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2003, 09:44 PM   #2
MAJ. RaZoR -MR-
1*

Send a message via AIM to MAJ. RaZoR -MR-
::Applause:: Excellent cap! this needs to be a sticky Caleb!

O and the new JT Anti chop bolt fits the 3.5 too.

Primary- JT Excellerator 3.5
Smart Parts 2k2 All American barrel
Anti-chop/blowback bolt
VL Evolution2
smart parts 20 oz anti-siphon on/off CO2

Secondary- CCI Phantom gravity feed (black)
Daisy MAX View red dot sight
50 rnd hopper
2 4 oz tanks

2 Brass Eagle Tiger Sharks

My JT 3.5 and Phantom
Semper Fidelis, Always Faithful to God, Country, and the Corps.
Quote:
Originally posted by Crazy Mills

Play paintball with your head, not your trigger finger.
Quote:
Originally posted by The Kampfer
It is about time people understand "It is the player, not the gun."
MAJ. RaZoR -MR- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 08:00 AM   #3
ace6160
Super Mario

Quote:
Originally posted by MAJ. RaZoR -MR-
::Applause:: Excellent cap! this needs to be a sticky Caleb!
ace6160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 01:09 PM   #4
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

Send a message via AIM to Jason4108
You forgot a new microswitch, my new one leaves the stock one in the dust.

Moo! Moo! Moo! I want grass, I want water! CowMix! CowMix! Please deliver! Moo! Moo!

04 Dark Viking #1597 - Stock, eye and eye covers
Excell 6.0 w/ 12" Boomstick, Check It Reg, Gated Feed, Full Force Bolt 2, New MS, Trig Stop
WTB - A Evil Gun - Omen, Minoin, etc

Last edited by Jason4108 : 12-07-2003 at 01:12 PM.
Jason4108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:40 PM   #5
littledude

Send a message via AIM to littledude
bolt

where can u get the new bolt and how much
if u could i would love prices on the upgrades
this is sweet thanks
littledude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2003, 02:43 PM   #6
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

I order a Check It Timmy Full Force Bolt v2, it should be here on the 11th. Ill tell you how well it fits when i get it.

Moo! Moo! Moo! I want grass, I want water! CowMix! CowMix! Please deliver! Moo! Moo!

Excell 6.0 w/ 12" Boomstick, Check It Reg, Gated Feed, Full Force Bolt 2, New MS, Trig Stop
Old 12-07-2003, 02:45 PM   #7
littledude

microswitch

where can i get a new microswitch?
Old 12-07-2003, 02:46 PM   #8
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

some radio shacks have them, any electronics components place should have them. Calling first is the best idea. I think Sub Minature Snap-Action switches are what you need. Best bet is to take the switch to the store and make sure the sizes are the same and the screw placement are in the right place.

Last edited by Jason4108 : 12-08-2003 at 01:49 PM.
Old 12-08-2003, 12:50 PM   #9
CapnCrunch

I'll have the links to some bolts up shortly, and I'll try and make a list of all bolts that fit sometime in the near future

Also, I've been talking to Jason and I'm getting the info so I can put the microswitch up in the main post also
Old 12-08-2003, 01:54 PM   #10
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

One thing about angel feed necks, I bought a angel gated feed and it required me to sand down it down to be able to fit it in, so it does require some modification.

Old 12-10-2003, 05:50 PM   #11
PB_Matty
Ooohh...It's all sticky.

Send a message via AIM to PB_Matty
In this stick you state that the jt has limited upgrades, yet you list basically everything that you can do to a Spider. So what is not upgradeable?
PB_Matty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2003, 10:41 AM   #12
CapnCrunch

Quote:
Originally posted by PB_Matty
In this stick you state that the jt has limited upgrades, yet you list basically everything that you can do to a Spider. So what is not upgradeable?
Because even though it takes Intimidator bolts and Angel feed necks, all of those won't fit it...
Old 01-19-2004, 08:48 AM   #13
littledude

drop

what kind of drop should i get i have a 16oz and a jt 6.0?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:07 PM   #14
timmylover

micro switches

what are micro switches and what do they do?
timmylover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2004, 06:41 PM   #15
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

i recommend to stock drop for c02 and micro switches are what the trigger pushes agaisnt which fires the gun.

Old 01-28-2004, 12:11 AM   #16
Dirk Pitt
DaMan

Send a message via AIM to Dirk Pitt Send a message via Yahoo to Dirk Pitt
so capn between the hydra bolt and the check it intimidater wich one would u pick i found them both for 40 bucks and are those the 2 best or are there bettter ones out there

Much aprrecaited

Also if ud be so kind as to add the microswitch to the order in which ud buy the upgrades

Last edited by Dirk Pitt : 01-28-2004 at 09:22 PM.
Dirk Pitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #17
CapnCrunch

I'd prolly go with the Hydra bolt....but its not that big of a difference...

And I don't really know about the microswitch in the order just because I've never put a new microswitch on a gun...
Old 03-18-2004, 05:43 PM   #18
ezdozit

Send a message via AIM to ezdozit
jt 5.0

dude you say that a JT 5.0 gun has an angel threaded feed neck but i went to my local shop and we tried one on and it didnt work
ezdozit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2004, 05:58 PM   #19
CapnCrunch

Re: jt 5.0

Quote:
Originally posted by ezdozit
dude you say that a JT 5.0 gun has an angel threaded feed neck but i went to my local shop and we tried one on and it didnt work
Dude, I'm sorry.

I was told they worked, as did many others on this forum. Maybe your feed neck is cross threaded or something.
Old 03-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #20
Jason4108
JT Now, Evil Later

angel feed necks have an extra flap that you have to file/sand and then polish, to make it look good, down a little for it to fit.