pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Angel Paintball Sports - (WDP)

Old 11-04-2005, 11:23 AM   #1
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

Send a message via AIM to Forest Spyder
Revisions are in order

Okay people, I've shrugged off a rather bad cold that I caught, and survived walking around campus like a Zombie for a week while I got better. Kept my grades intact, go me!

Anyway, I've put off cleaning up the information threads long enough. I'm going to probably use a post below this, for the basis for a revision of the "Official Information...Model" thread.

Thinking right now, that the main theme will be "platforms". Similar to how the new AOG forums are sorted.

HP Generation
LED
LCD
IR3

LP Generation
Speed
Angel 4/FLY
05 Speed

G7 Platform
G7/G7FLY
06 Speed
GAT
Temple University Paintball
WDP- We Are Cooler Than You
Really swell friends with:
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Forest Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 11:44 AM   #2
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Send a message via AIM to 4THDEGREE
I think that is an excellent idea. I have been extremely busy with work lately and have not had the time to sort through the vast amount of data that is conatined in our archives in this forum.

FS. If you would like to tackle each individually. I would be glad to sticky them. I will also beat repeatedly anyone that clutters up this project as I will have to go through and delete all the unrelated comments.

I would suggest starting with the newer models and working backwards as we have lost a lot of the old guard that owned many of the LED,LCD models. However, use your own judgement and I will do my best to contribute to this project (as if you really needed my help! ).
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
NAnarchy OT - We Are Cooler Than YouN
Team No Regrets
-no drama, no BS, no regrets....play to be respected!
Pro Paintball Weekly
www.compulsivepaintball.com
4THDEGREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 12:40 PM   #3
Angelmarine05
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Angelmarine05
I will help 4th with the clutter with the handy dandy report button.
Angelmarine05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2005, 01:57 PM   #4
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

I am sure the WDP Loyalist and all the rest of the regular crowd will have a lot of valuable contribution as well. Should be an exciting porject.
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
Team No Regrets
Pro Paintball Weekly
Old 11-04-2005, 09:24 PM   #5
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

For sure. What I intend to to is take all of the posts from the old information thread, place it all into a word document, clean it up, consolidate all the data, then start placing it all within a whole new package.
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-04-2005, 09:28 PM   #6
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

What would be useful would be also if this was done in a Wiki format, where everyone can contribute.....
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-06-2005, 08:20 PM   #7
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Send a message via AIM to V1nn`/
I can help with all the older WDP information, and also the history of the WDP Forum itself from 2003>spring of 2005, kind of like the thread you made on the chronicals of WDP going over the inside jokes and main events such as +1
Old 11-07-2005, 08:25 AM   #8
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nn`/
I can help with all the older WDP information, and also the history of the WDP Forum itself from 2003>spring of 2005, kind of like the thread you made on the chronicals of WDP going over the inside jokes and main events such as +1
I completely forgot about the good old days.

+1
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-07-2005, 08:37 AM   #9
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

High Pressure Angel Platform

Angel LED: NO LCD SCREEN, Production ended in 2000 with the release of the LCD Angel. This version is technically named the Angel but is often called the LED or Angel LED because of the LED light on the back. The first Angel was called the V6.
Features: .45 Grip, Pots inside grip are used to adjust ROF and Dwell with a small screw driver. Stock was a semi only marker. Could be upgraded to semi, 3-shot, 8-shot zip and full auto by changing the board. Angel LEDs came in both single and double trigger models with single trigger models being the most common. Vertical ASA and mini regulator threads on some early LEDs are not the industry standard ASA found on current markers. Most LEDs came from the factory with little milling. S.E. models came with milling similar to that found on Angel LCDs. Aftermarket milled versions include the Alien Abduction Angel, Adrenalin Angel and Warped Sports Dark Angel.

Angel LCD: LCD Screen (duh), Produced 2000-2002 (limited numbers of a special edition were produced for 2003, which had IR3 internals, otherwise, basically the same)
Features: LCD Screen with menus that control ROF, Dwell, Timer, and shot counter data. Had multiple modes of fire.Although the LCD is mechanically similar to the LED some key improvements have been made in it's design. They are as follows:

1.) HP air from the min regulator is NOT channeled through an exposed aluminum tube between the vertical ASA and 45* frame as seen in the Angel LED. WDP utilized a space between the two lower tubes to channel HP air from the ASA to the valve eliminating the ASA to 45* HP air tube in the LED design. As a result of the changes, the LED and LCD bodies and 45* frames are NOT compatible.

2.) WDP made the body housing around the solenoid on the Angel LCD more compact in terms of length and width. As a result the Roto-Breach of the LCD is longer than the LED's. Due to the lengthening of the Roto-Breach and thinning of the body around the solenoid, the LCD and LED do not share bolts or back plates.

The LCD Angel was the model that was released in 2000 and 2001, in 2002 only IR3s were released, no actual 2002 milling exists for the LCD, however there are 3 separate milling styles that were released in late 2000 all the way to late 2001. The Butter Knife, Apollo, and another version of butter knife were made.

2000 was the lines milling and then sometime in September or so they released the first version of the butter knife. A few months later in April or so (2001) they released the Apollo milling, about the same time as chain frames and LPR tool Volumizers were released. A third butter knife version was released around World Cup of that year.

Angel IR3: LCD Screen and Infra-red sensor/reciever Produced 2002-present
Features: Updated internals, meaning better effeciency over previous models. An obvious difference is in the shape of the gripframe itself. It's a 90* angle, so your hand is more in line with the trigger, as opposed to an angle with traditional .45 frames. IR interface allows transmission and recieving of data, including ROF, Dwell, and Timer settings. Also, a COPS (Crystal Operated Paint Sensor) has been added, with menus to adjust sensitivity.

LOW PRESSURE PLATFORM

Angel Speed
Features:The first major design change to the Angel, with changes in the Hammer, LPR, and Ram design, allowing the Speed to be easier to service. You may also note that it's the first Angel without a snap ring in the ram. Designed to operate at significantly lower operating pressures than previous Angels (180-350 PSI Operating Pressure, and an LPR pressure about 33% lower than previous Angels [About 65-70PSI according to my math]). Includes a Space frame, and a LED style display, instead of a LCD screen. Has two ball detents, and a COPS-like sensor (Sensi) that has no adjustability unlike the IR3 COPS system.
*update*
WDP has released A4 boards that can be purchased and installed in Angel Speeds, basically turning the Speed into an Angel 4.

Angel 4
Features: A low pressure Angel that is similar to the Angel Speed, with a volumizer kit. Operating pressure around 100-200PSI has been achieved using volumizer kits included. Includes an updated SENSI system. The Angel 4 is a combinaton of the best features from the IR3 and Speed. The Angel 4 also was the smallest Angel to be released. From my personal experience, it seems like the gun has lost about 1/3 of the size compared to older models.

Angel Force 4
Similar to the Angel 4 with the exception of a different color scheme, and a lifetime warranty from Force. Basically an A4 tuned by master techs that work at major tournaments.

Angel 4 FLY
Lighter body, different milling pattern, and the addition of AngelEyes. The AngelEyes is a break-beam operated Anti-chop system, replacing COPS and SENSI pressure-operated system

05 Speed
The 05 Speed took it's engine from the Angel 4 FLY, with the addition of many new important features. The most important was the introduction of the new mini regulator design. It is encased within a foregrip, with the entire system being a cartridge that fits inside the tube. The new design was compliant with HP preset tanks, allowing many people to switch from cheaper guns to an Angel seamlessly. A very important update was the addition of a mangetic roller trigger. 45 Frames were also reintroduced, with 05 Speeds being the first WDP Factory gun equippped with a 45 Frame since the LCD Angel.

G7 PLATFORM
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-07-2005, 08:38 AM   #10
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

that's what I have so far, added the 05 Speed. I'll put in the G7, G7 FLY, and 06 Speed information in later.

Please add to what I have missed everyone.
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-07-2005, 12:29 PM   #11
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Im supized you left out the part that volumizer dont do anything on LCDs LEDs and IR3s. Unless your just writing stuff your going to add, to the currect sticky.

Unless you happen to be a certin someone who swores they saw tapeworms on angels and timmys, and that you can put them on.

The good old days is the only way I remember the WDP section; WDP was virtually in complete anarchy

Furthermore; I can make a tutorial on how to field strip your Angel LCD with a couple allen wrenches and a pair of needle nose plyers if desired. I have to warn though, its hard and you can scratch your marker/marker internals.
I can also help give information on just about every angel with the exception of the LED, and anything after the 05 Speed.

Also wasnt the A4 the first introduction of the adjustable trigger wheels (I forget their technical term).
Are you going to add the special edition Angels as well? Such as the Dye LCD, and MT LCD. The Dye LCD is extremly rare, I think there was a post in here about it before.

Last edited by V1nn`/ : 11-07-2005 at 01:16 PM.
V1nn`/ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 01:29 PM   #12
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...hlight=Dye+LCD

http://angel-owners.com/showthread.p...t=rare+ angel
Old 11-07-2005, 02:52 PM   #13
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by V1nn`/
Unless you happen to be a certin someone who swores they saw tapeworms on angels and timmys, and that you can put them on.
It's amazing what you can achieve with some gaffer tape.....

Yes, the A4 introduced the "Vernier Trigger Wheel" method of trigger adjustment. The IR3 introduced the multiple trigger pivot points.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2005, 07:48 AM   #14
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

Ok. I'm thinking I should transfer this over to the PBWiki for everyone to edit, since it's now linked on the top menu
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-09-2005, 09:02 AM   #15
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

How about I just unlock the FAQ and we can keep it here for the moment?
The Old Dawgs Member #1
Team No Regrets
Pro Paintball Weekly
Old 11-10-2005, 07:52 PM   #16
PBX720
New Orleans' Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4THDEGREE
FS. If you would like to tackle each individually. I would be glad to sticky them. I will also beat repeatedly anyone that clutters up this project as I will have to go through and delete all the unrelated comments.
Hey! You said you would sticky the settings thread....

RACING: Because Baseball, Soccer, Basketball, Tennis and Golf only require 1 ball
PBX720 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 08:11 PM   #17
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

okay! I think my work is done. I posted the new update in the FAQ thread, I figure we'll just pitch the model information thread.
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Old 11-11-2005, 04:54 AM   #18
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Thanks to all for the effort. Yes I will sticky the settings thread, once we get a bit more information in there. Perhaps a bit of detail as to the various changes to settings when running volumizers or not. I have not had a chance to go back and dig out some the nuggets of wisdom from our archives. Perhaps a bit of help from the search engine....an time.
The Old Dawgs Member #1
Team No Regrets
Pro Paintball Weekly