pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Tourney Talk

Old 04-13-2005, 04:20 PM   #1
snap shoot
L337

Send a message via AIM to snap shoot Send a message via Yahoo to snap shoot
5 Man Young Guns?

Am currently joining my friends 5 man team ( being the 5th man ) , and I was wondering if anyone has heard of 5 man young gun tourneys? There's a local 5 man tourney we are planning to enter but I don't see alot of them. I told them we should form a 3 man team but they want to form a 5 man and they saw me play so I agreed. Anyway is 5 man still young gun or is that getting like into leagues?
snap shoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 05:35 PM   #2
painterballer
B2K4 pride

well, a five man team takes a lot more cordination, and you will most definitally need to communicate a lot. 3 man would be a little easyier to start with, but then still do host 5 man young guns torneys....
47ci/3000psi Crossfire Tank

-----Gear-----
yellow empire jersey
yellow empire pants
yellow empire gloves
painterballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 06:47 PM   #3
wasabi51989

Send a message via AIM to wasabi51989
man im having enough trouble finding a 3-man young gun tourny, theres a lot of these 5-man team ones happening out here. I reccomend u guys having a five man team, but chose your best forward and best back, and one other person on ur team, and use them to get ur team name out there. Then hit every 5-man tourny u can. Trouble with the 5-man tournys is its a lot of work finding one where all 5 people have nothing planned for that day/s, so if you can go to 3-man ones, go to them as much as possible
wasabi51989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 07:03 PM   #4
Homer

With PSP reviving 5-man and working with local established Tournaments to create "Feeder Leagues" I would stick with 5-man.

Yeah it may be easier to start with 3-man, but Paintball isn't supposed to be easy. Fun yes, easy no lol.

Jump in, get wet, learn everything you can.

And have fun. Congrats on making the Team.

PROUDLY sponsored by: Paintballwizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, and Draxxus Paint

THANK YOU Boston Red Sox!

Wearing Spandex is a privelege, NOT a right.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 02:41 PM   #5
snap shoot
L337

Yea they really saw me ball . I don't know what happened but there like wow that kid is good. And I was playing extremely good that day. So we should stick with 5 man young gun since psp is reviving it? Im only 12 , 13 next wednesday so i might not get picked into any pro teams but proablly be picked up by better teams. But you never know theres a 15 year old in Russian Legion! Thanks for the help homer.
Old 04-14-2005, 07:14 PM   #6
Homer

Just my opinion and experience. 5-man is more competitive than 3-Man (I'm NOT bashing 3-Man here please understand that).

But if you get a chance to play more competitive paintball you'll learn more. If you keep the right attitude. Winning is Great! But learning to improve one's and ones Team skills is more important than Winning against inferior Teams/players.

Try to say it more clearly, If I had a chance to go on practice for a weekend against a Team of the caliber of Dynasty, Xsv, or The Men, or I could compete in a Tournament I knew we could win. I would go to the practice. Knowing in the long run it would make us better.

The same principal I use in suggesting if you have a chance to play on a 5-man Team or a 3 Man Young guns Team. Go for 5-Man. Aim as high as you can. Especially at your age.

PROUDLY sponsored by: Paintballwizard.com, National Paintball Supply, DYE, and Draxxus Paint

THANK YOU Boston Red Sox!

Wearing Spandex is a privelege, NOT a right.
Homer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2005, 03:24 PM   #7
snap shoot
L337

Ok thanks for the advice. Everyone tells me if I keep balling like I am doing right now I can get real good by the time im 14/15 Some peopple say I can proablly get even pro if I just keep it up. ( 13th birthday on Wednsday woot woot!)