pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Tourney Talk

Old 08-27-2004, 05:12 PM   #41
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

Send a message via AIM to Ghost2867
use whatever works for u, but more paint is better for back...

FreeFlow Lotus red/black body
-E2 w/ eyes installed
-SP full freak kit (aluminum back, red 14" freak tip)
-freeflow SMC ram w/ QEVs
-WGP white delrin bolt
-eclipse rex dialer hammer (dialer not installed)
-palmers stabilizer

everyone buy circle stuff!! lol...
www.circlepaintball.com

Deviant Art <photography, sketches, paintings, digital art, etc etc>
Ghost2867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 04:45 PM   #42
painterballer
B2K4 pride

so you guys are saying that a backman should carry around 1280 balls on to the field at one time????
47ci/3000psi Crossfire Tank

-----Gear-----
yellow empire jersey
yellow empire pants
yellow empire gloves
painterballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2005, 05:10 PM   #43
baseballboy138
I don't do anything cool

Send a message via AIM to baseballboy138
depends on how many people there are...

if your on a 3man team you'll shoot less than someone on a 10man team...

plus, some people just like to shoot alot...
Old 01-03-2005, 06:06 PM   #44
Duckdude
Been there done that

Back during my 10 man NPPL years(94-97) it was common for the back guys to carry 1600+rds. We were using sponored AirAmerica Apos. 114ic hpa remote systems with mostly mags a few cockers. I carryed that playing mid. Later as a front guy I carried 850 typically for a NPPL 10 man. We were mostly in the woods tho(albiet open as heck with multi bunkers), open earth works(Pittsbrg), but were just starting to have hyper or airball as well, but only 1-2 fields at any one tourny.

5 man airball/speedball...if I'm serious? 4-5 pods total depending on the time limit, being about the same as we carried at the Indoor champs. 95 or 96 we finished 3rd(106 teams) at the World Indoors in Noxville behind AAs(called Phili Americans now) and Aftershock. All using mags except Shock, fwiw. hehe
Old 02-13-2005, 12:06 PM   #45
blackplaguepb04

I know its just a suggestion, but for 3 man, I like having 1 front, 1 advancing mid, and 1 back. That is what my team uses when we play 3 man, and it seems to work pretty well.
blackplaguepb04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2005, 01:05 PM   #46
Paint Mob

Quote:
Originally posted by blackplaguepb04
I know its just a suggestion, but for 3 man, I like having 1 front, 1 advancing mid, and 1 back. That is what my team uses when we play 3 man, and it seems to work pretty well.
That's what we used for 3 man rookie and it works well. It depends on the team you're playing, your teams strategy, and your teams players. If the team you are playing has a very offensive startegy, you may want to hold a more defensive strategy, hence less front players and more back players. If you only have a few good back players, there's no use in trying to make some mid play back if he's no good at it. By the way, good thread.
Paint Mob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2005, 09:54 PM   #47
wasabi51989

Send a message via AIM to wasabi51989
Exclamation

I think it is amazing no one has talked about the necessity for the front to stay concealed as long as possible. Although secrecy usually breaks down after the first minute or 2, right when you get to the bunker, it is often a good idea to try one-balling it. Of course you need to stay active in your shooting, but by being a fast snapper, and pulling the 1 ball, people naturally look for where these shots are coming from, giving your mids/backs a chance to hit the distracted player. If you have an angle to shoot someone when they are in their bunker, all it takes is one ball to eliminate them, so keep your accuracy up, and hit them with 1 shot and snapping right back in. It is also essential to be able to curl up into as small of an area as possible when you snap back in, so there is no chance of you sticking out at all. As I think was mentioned before ont his thread, the less dead zone, the less chance of you being dead.
wasabi51989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 11:23 AM   #48
Captainmorgan
VV Need some VV

Send a message via AIM to Captainmorgan
Quote:
Originally posted by wasabi51989
I think it is amazing no one has talked about the necessity for the front to stay concealed as long as possible. Although secrecy usually breaks down after the first minute or 2, right when you get to the bunker, it is often a good idea to try one-balling it. Of course you need to stay active in your shooting, but by being a fast snapper, and pulling the 1 ball, people naturally look for where these shots are coming from, giving your mids/backs a chance to hit the distracted player. If you have an angle to shoot someone when they are in their bunker, all it takes is one ball to eliminate them, so keep your accuracy up, and hit them with 1 shot and snapping right back in. It is also essential to be able to curl up into as small of an area as possible when you snap back in, so there is no chance of you sticking out at all. As I think was mentioned before ont his thread, the less dead zone, the less chance of you being dead.
I never shoot just once, when you're way up font and they don't quite know where you are yet (like you have a clear shot at a person's back becuase he doesn't see you. Of course, take a second to aim and you don't have to shoot fast, but for god's dake shoot at least 3-4 even if you shoot really slow. if you shoot just one, and it wizzes by his head, his gonna hear it and realise someone id shooting at him, so he'll get into his bunker. if you shoot 3-4 fairly slow shots, you are more than likley going to hit him. He won't have time to react if the first one misses

My Feedback

Donate to the "Team Rada-tat-tat" Tournament foundation via Paypal at: Estschmidt2@aol.com
Captainmorgan is offline   Reply With Quote