pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 12-27-2005, 04:39 PM   #181
greenpainkilla
thats koo

Quote:
So just get an evlution and z-board it, you'll never outshoot it, and it's smarter than a Halo B.
actually u could out shoot it if ur useing ramping
i just had to say that.

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 12-27-2005 at 04:44 PM.
greenpainkilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:26 PM   #182
rhino44
GST Lead Designer

GET THE EVVY 2 IT IS SO MUCH BETTER THAN THE HALO
rhino44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 04:31 PM   #183
mugenXP

Send a message via AIM to mugenXP
i dont think its better than the halo.
just price-wise, the eggy2 is better.
Old 01-06-2006, 08:34 PM   #184
rhino44
GST Lead Designer

well, the halo also eats a lot of batteries. the battery door on the evvy2 might break off. yea, i think that price is the only thing that really is the deciding factor
team XSV uses evvy2's as well

Last edited by rhino44 : 01-06-2006 at 09:04 PM.
rhino44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 06:30 PM   #185
Im a Chimpanzee

egg with the z board is gonna give u like 22 or 23 max with the z board and the halo does like 23 i think stock and supposedly up to 35 bps with the virctory board which i kinda believe. its really about price tho 23 bps for 80 or below or 35 for 150+. i have the z board egg and its great nvr had ne probs except my friend broke the battery compartment door thing but i just bought a new shell and its was all good

EDIT: plus i like that the egg has eyes unlike the halo which is sound activated

EDIT 2:
Quote:
Originally Posted by IBCNUGotGogged
Yeah... I bought an eggy2 new about a six months ago.
I'll say. It loads alright if you don't have very fast fingers, but I outshot it using my angel LCD going 13 bps.
how do u kno u were shooting 13 bps???Did you count?...................i think not.......o wait its lcd...it was stock not with the z board

anyway everyone bias one way or another at least a bit i think its down to what looks you like, wether you have the money for a halo b and a victory board, and how much paint you want to carry

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-05-2006 at 09:18 AM.
Im a Chimpanzee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2006, 08:23 PM   #186
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im a Chimpanzee
egg with the z board is gonna give u like 22 or 23 max with the z board and the halo does like 23 i think stock and supposedly up to 35 bps with the virctory board which i kinda believe. its really about price tho 23 bps for 80 or below or 35 for 150+. i have the z board egg and its great nvr had ne probs except my friend broke the battery compartment door thing but i just bought a new shell and its was all good

EDIT: plus i like that the egg has eyes unlike the halo which is sound activated

EDIT 2:

how do u kno u were shooting 13 bps???Did you count?...................i think not.......o wait its lcd...wait w/e that bullsh*t anyway plus it was stock not with the z board

anyway everyone bias one way or another at least a bit i think its down to what looks you like, wether you have the money for a halo b and a victory board, and how much paint you want to carry
One problem the eggy will not feed that 23bps consistently and neither will the v35 for the halo, warpig did some tests on this. Altough the Halo will always feed 22bps consistently. The Halo uses eyes also though they are worse than the eggy, the Reloader B uses sound activation, Overall the Halo is better, but the Reloader B owns all.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 06:30 PM   #187
paintballer667

It all depends on different factors.

1.what position do you play.
If you play back or mid than the egg is right for you because it holds more balls for less reloading. If you play front than the halo is right for you because it has a smaller profile.

2.speed.
They both have the same speed ( you can upgrade the halo to go even faster). But anyways the fastest fingers in the world can only do 22 bps.

3.Type of marker.
I have seen in some cases that people with cockers have there guns so quiet that a halo wont even feed.

4.Sound or eyes.
This all comes down to personal preference. Either you like eyes or you dont, same goes for sound activation.

5.personal opinion.
I personaly like the egg better because it is cheaper, it has eyes, and I like the way it is shaped. It also has a larger ball capasity and because I am a back player this is better for me. And I just dont like halos because I dont like sound activation and I have heard that the shells are very brittle. All in all it always comes down to personal preference.

Edit 2/5/06
I did another drop test with my egg with y board and I got 18 bps. So those of you who say they get less must have somthing wrong with their board or they have low batteries.

Last edited by paintballer667 : 02-05-2006 at 02:29 PM.
paintballer667 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 08:36 PM   #188
4skins23
The Snowman

Send a message via AIM to 4skins23
my opinion is the halo stinks....
I've had problems with mine ever since I bought it. now I believe the motor is going out.I have only had it maybe a year and a half. maybe 2. but I am lucky to go paintballing every 2 months. so it has only been used slightly.like maybe 10-20 times.I have always had probs with the eyes. never worked right.It was a waste of my money.
I have also used an "egg". that seemed ok but at times it seemed like it was not "on" . other times it seemed to work like butter.I think if I was to get a Z board, problem would be fixed.
You can buy whatever you wish but I have learned my lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintballer667
It all depends on different factors.

1.what position do you play.
If you play back or mid than the egg is right for you because it holds more balls for less reloading. If you play front than the halo is right for you because it has a smaller profile.

2.speed.
They both have the same speed ( you can upgrade the halo to go even faster). But anyways the fastest fingers in the world can only do 22 bps.

3.Type of marker.
I have seen in some cases that people with cockers have there guns so quiet that a halo wont even feed.

4.Sound or eyes.
This all comes down to personal preference. Either you like eyes or you dont, same goes for sound activation.

5.personal opinion.
I personaly like the egg better because it is cheaper, it has eyes, and I like the way it is shaped. It also has a larger ball capasity and because I am a back player this is better for me. And I just dont like halos because I dont like sound activation and I have heard that the shells are very brittle. All in all it always comes down to personal preference.

think your getting halos mixed up with reloader b's. Halos have eyes, reloader b's are sound activated. Now the halo tsa is sound activated- is that what they were using on their cockers?

View My Special Ops Brigade Page

Needing Brigade members. Type my recruiter number:29018

Last edited by Uziel Gal : 02-05-2006 at 09:20 AM.
4skins23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 09:20 PM   #189
CarbinE1337
Drew

My Eggy w/ z-board only drop fed with 18 with fresh batteries.
----Empire 2-piece 14" and 16" w/ 690 Bore
-----eVlution 2 Eggy w/ Z-Board
-----Eclipse QEV
----CP Sling Blade Trigger
----CP 2k5 On/Off Rail
---Kila Magnetic Detents
--SP Angle Drop Forward
-VP Clamping Feedneck
CarbinE1337 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 06:05 AM   #190
paintballer667

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4skins23
think your getting halos mixed up with reloader b's. Halos have eyes, reloader b's are sound activated. Now the halo tsa is sound activated- is that what they were using on their cockers?
Yea your right I was thinking about reloader b's( they are the same shape of a halo b so I got mixed up). But yea, the autococker was so quiet that it would not load.

Old 02-05-2006, 09:25 AM   #191
Uziel Gal
Legend

A Reloader B can work perfectly well with an Autococker (in some cases too well - the loader can activate when the marker fires and when the bolt closes. You need to make sure your back block isn't hitting the back of your marker!)

The Reloader self adjusts the sound activation sensitivity when you switch it on. So if you turn it on in a noisy environment (firing range or chrono station for example), the loader assumes that the noise of marker's firing is back ground noise, and filters them out. Basically, the sound activation becomes less sensitive, which will then cause problems with quiet markers.

Turn the loader on in a quiet environment, and the microphone sensitivity is maximised, and it shouldn't then have problems with hearing a quiet marker.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 11:55 AM   #192
seal30

If they cost wasen't a factor I think the Halo would be better.

----------------------------
TIPPMANN RULES!!!
seal30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 02:23 PM   #193
paintballer667

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbinE1337
My Eggy w/ z-board only drop fed with 18 with fresh batteries.
My egg with y board can drop at 18bps. There might be somthing wrong with your board.

Old 02-05-2006, 02:45 PM   #194
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

It should drop feed faster than that, but on marker it shouldn't go much faster.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
Old 02-06-2006, 12:35 PM   #195
paintballer667

It should not drop faster than that, viewloader says it can go 19bps but it cant. Well at least not with the y board, unless it has some other upgrades with the impeller or somthing. But with the z board it can certantly go faster.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #196
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
It should not drop faster than that, viewloader says it can go 19bps but it cant. Well at least not with the y board, unless it has some other upgrades with the impeller or somthing. But with the z board it can certantly go faster.
The 19bps is a drop test which is faster than on marker rates. So yes 19bps is possible off the marker, but on you shouldn't see more than 16bps or around there.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Old 02-06-2006, 03:23 PM   #197
paintballer667

Yea I did three more drop tests off the marker with fresh batteries, and I could still not get over 18 bps.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:24 PM   #198
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Ok then close enough.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Old 02-06-2006, 03:32 PM   #199
paintballer667

I still think the egg is better.

Old 02-06-2006, 03:57 PM   #200
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Quote:
I still think the egg is better.
Meh to each his own. I also still think my Reloader B is better than both.
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters