pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 02-05-2004, 02:05 PM   #41
can'tthink of1
word up

Send a message via AIM to can'tthink of1
THey both are two top of the line hoppers, and imo you can't go wrong with either one. If you try a halo 1st, and don't like it, many people are willing to trade their egg2 for it, and vise versa.
Tribal Owner's Group
Quote:
Originally Posted by f2f4
FAIL.
can'tthink of1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2004, 05:47 PM   #42
Plython
Hey, I'm Plython!

Send a message via AIM to Plython
Quote:
Originally posted by can'tthink of1
THey both are two top of the line hoppers, and imo you can't go wrong with either one. If you try a halo 1st, and don't like it, many people are willing to trade their egg2 for it, and vise versa.
But the point of the debate is to eliminate the need to have to trade.
Plython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2004, 06:37 PM   #43
kill-all-eagles

both of these hoppers are excelent. i would personally go for the egg w/zboard because it holds much more paint than a halo and does not eat batteries nearly as fast as 1. but on the other hand if u had a gun that is like red or somethin i would get a halo because it looks much cooler
Old 02-20-2004, 08:20 PM   #44
Forest Spyder
Eats Children

Send a message via AIM to Forest Spyder
I'm actually quite greatful for Bourne's brutal honesty about products, including the disadvantages. I've been putting off getting a force-fed hopper for quite a long time, because the HALO seemed to double feed, and the Egg had problems with shells breaking.

Thank you Bourne, I'm pretty certain that I'll stick with Viewloader product, even though everyone loves to bash them.
Temple University Paintball
WDP- We Are Cooler Than You
Really swell friends with:
TAG Sportz
Trade Feedback
Forest Spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2004, 10:48 AM   #45
Plython
Hey, I'm Plython!

Send a message via AIM to Plython
Shells don't usually break, sometimes feednecks do, but I have 3 friends with them and they've never broke.
Plython is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 10:21 AM   #46
cockerguy182

ok i just got my halo b, and i have had a egg for awhile,
so i decided to see how fast the halo b was , i used energizer batterys, just the regular kind,
paint, well i decided to give them wal mart paint, you know the crappy kind, just to make it a little more intresting,
the halo b emptied 100 balls in 4.7 seconds, not bad, but i did notice two very small gaps,
2nd tests, same batterys and paintballs, emptied in 4.9, a .2 second difference, also noticed 2 small gaps again,
3rd test same everything, emptied in 4.8 seconds, good time again, and also noticed one gap,
so all around the halo did ok, better then what i expected for crappy paint,
so since i own both now i must say they are both top of the line loaders, and while the halo is faster then the non-y board evo, it also has it cons, like i said im keeping them both and while test them on my new nasty paintball gun when i get it,
ps good job bourne on your review, im not knocking it or anything
Phase 1, Freeflow Rythm CF, Dust Grey to Black body (At home, yay), Fang Detent (Installed) Freak Barrel 12 in. ( At home ) AKA Tornado Valve, Jackal High speed Hammer, KAPP s/s screw set, Jackal Stainless Steel IVG,
Phase 2, Besales .44 Magnaum ram W/ QEV's, Low ridin Palmer rock regulator, Besales Bullet 3-way
Phase 3, Palmer fatty stabilizer, CCM J2 04 Frame,
Phase 4, Hose kit, macroline kit, misc,

98 percent of american teens have tried pot, if your one of the 2 percent, put this in your sig
cockerguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:21 PM   #47
agentdowell
It is inevitable!

Location: I exist in a neural interactive simulation that we call the Matrix.
Send a message via AIM to agentdowell
Talking Z-board is cool

I have never used a Halo but I have an Egg. The only thing that has gone wrong is that the corner tips of the lid chipped off and now the door opens funny. It still functions perfectly as a loader with only the cosmetic effect (affect?). Anyway I just bought the Z-board upgrade and I'm very excited to see how it increases the performance. It seems the main reason people can say the Halo is better is because of the feed rate. If the Z-board does indeed increase the bps to 20 or 22ish then the Eggo is vastly superior. If bps is that close to matching you have to see that a loader that holds about 40 more balls is a better one. Plus eggs are good for you, they have lots of protein and protein is what helps you grow.
    - Galileo Galilei

• "Assassins!"
    - Arturo Toscanini to his orchestra
  • "What you stand for is more important than what you stand in."
    - Kenneth Cole
Look past the flesh. Look through the soft gelatin of these dull cow eyes and see your enemy.
agentdowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2004, 12:27 PM   #48
cockerguy182

Plus eggs are good for you, they have lots of protein and protein is what helps you grow.

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA...................
Phase 1, Freeflow Rythm CF, Dust Grey to Black body (At home, yay), Fang Detent (Installed) Freak Barrel 12 in. ( At home ) AKA Tornado Valve, Jackal High speed Hammer, KAPP s/s screw set, Jackal Stainless Steel IVG,
Phase 2, Besales .44 Magnaum ram W/ QEV's, Low ridin Palmer rock regulator, Besales Bullet 3-way
Phase 3, Palmer fatty stabilizer, CCM J2 04 Frame,
Phase 4, Hose kit, macroline kit, misc,

98 percent of american teens have tried pot, if your one of the 2 percent, put this in your sig
cockerguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 05:36 PM   #49
xXAFireInsideXx
Buried but Breathing

Send a message via AIM to xXAFireInsideXx
*sigh*
Debating over these two hoppers is like debating over religion or politics...
Everyone is right in thier own mind, and no matter what anyone says, most of us will never change our opinions...

But it's still fun

I, personally have never had a problem with my Evi, Except for the battery door hinge cracking on the shell, resulting in my battery door not closing unless I wrapped duct tape around the shell body.
Then, a full year later the lid finally cracked. So I bought a new one, a whole $4.00. BUT, when I put the new one on, I couldn't figure out how to get the springs back in. Thankfully, they aren't necessety and now I don't use them.
My feed neck has never cracked, and I cut it down, so now it's super low-profile .
AND my batteries have never died on me, actually, my little red light has never turned on, I just replace the batteries cuz I know they're getting low.

I've never used a HALO, but they seem pretty cool. Two of my teammates had the battery problem this weekend. I keep meaning to pick one up, but my Evi works just fine
Old 03-24-2004, 11:30 AM   #50
GOT RICE YO
u will get bunkered by me

halo b is da best there is
Old 03-24-2004, 01:42 PM   #51
CARBON
ScubaPro

Quote:
Originally posted by GOT RICE YO
halo b is da best there is
I see you're new here, well the last post was on the eighth, Today is the 24th. If the last post of a thread is over say.... 6 days old, then don't post. It means that the thread is dead, ceased to be, nonliving.
Old 03-27-2004, 05:23 PM   #52
Six Feet Under
Less $ than a drug addict

Send a message via AIM to Six Feet Under Send a message via Yahoo to Six Feet Under
I used to think that the Halo B was the best-looking loader ever (because the Evolutions looked so weird to me), but after using both, the Evo comes out on top for me because of it's weight, capacity, the locking lid (I left it open while using Calebd2's RJR this afternoon and it didn't drop more than about 15-20 balls, big deal.) Get the Evo II, it's a better loader IMO and it's lighter, has a bigger ball capacity, and ACTUALLY HAS GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICE!!!

Six Feet Under is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:21 PM   #53
PaintballEvans

evo is better

yea but look at the teams that do use eggs like the DOGS who have been on a winning streak beating out teams who use halos like Aftershock. The Dog's E-blade cockers seem to have no trouble feeding at near 20bps not to mention the long stroke of the cockers. the EVO 2 with the Z-board is equaly matched with the halo in most cases. the only down fall the the Halo is that it uses AA batteries.
PaintballEvans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2004, 04:27 PM   #54
BourneKiller

Re: evo is better

Quote:
Originally posted by PaintballEvans
yea but look at the teams that do use eggs like the DOGS who have been on a winning streak beating out teams who use halos like Aftershock.
That's sponsorship stuff, not skill level.

Besides, the Dogs use Empire Reloader Bs now.
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2004, 06:58 PM   #55
gearheadtedm

Send a message via AIM to gearheadtedm
halo is a cool game

black maxx

thats all (for now)
gearheadtedm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2004, 08:01 PM   #56
paintball_god07
Big Baller

Send a message via ICQ to paintball_god07 Send a message via AIM to paintball_god07
Thanks for this thread Bourne. I just picked myself up an Eggy with y-board.

Who says you can't have an Eggy with cool colours? I found this pic on PBR a while ago.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
paintball_god07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2004, 02:24 PM   #57
xXniTemAreXx
Look! IM NOOB!!! :)

Send a message via AIM to xXniTemAreXx
I htink the egg can hold a little more then 200... cuz you can put balls in the lid, and close the lid over it.. my cousin and i kinda tested this, we took 2 140 round pods and filled the egg up. It took one and like 3/4 of the pods.. or maybe my cousin has some big *** shell that the vl made by accident.
xXniTemAreXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2004, 10:45 PM   #58
MattPaintballer

Quote:
Originally posted by teufelhunden

Enter the Reloader B. Halo B with a vibration/sound sensor.
Yea, except when you yell out an enemy's position, it forces another ball into the chamber. Doesn't work well with cockers, they're too quiet. If your in a bunker with someone else, and that person shoots, your hopper feeds another ball. Too much of a mess with thsoe sound activated blenders!
Old 05-11-2004, 10:07 AM   #59
NiumGas101
Worr Player

Send a message via AIM to NiumGas101 Send a message via Yahoo to NiumGas101
Exclamation Go EVO 2!

This is my best hopper yet and that whole comparison is right! i have tried both and wow i think the EVO 2 is the bestone! I mean come on 6 BATTIRES is just a wast! I recommend this to any one!! I have had mine for 6 months and used it alot no probs yet!

------------>TEAM HAYMAKERS<-----------
------------>"We NEVER bail out!"<---------
NiumGas101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 05:32 PM   #60
ArcticH2O

The Halo B doesn't hold as many paintballs as the evlution but don't u guys carry pods? I mean u guys through like 700 a game??
ArcticH2O is offline   Reply With Quote