pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Hoppers

Old 05-25-2004, 05:39 PM   #61
Bigshot
Aggro Crag

Send a message via AIM to Bigshot
yeah. It only holds 185 balls but you got packs to refill with. I dont know if this was mentioned but there is a new Halo board. You can change from 17 bps to 35 bps. 5 or 6 different speeds you can choose from.
Old 06-02-2004, 05:16 PM   #62
TRIPP
Polk High MVP #33

I choose the eggy2 because of the price but have been extremely happy with the perfomance. I love the lid design
(although it is a bit fragile, I'm on my second) and the ball capacity. You can play and not worry about having to reload so often. The 19bps doesn't hurt either.

-Al Bundy
TRIPP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 08:22 PM   #63
crazyone777

simple observation

test platform psycho ballistics silver bullet set 20 bps full auto
test paint pmi premium blue black shell
results eggy would only keep up on short 20 bps bursts if the trigger was held for any amount of time it misfed
halo b kept up nicely without releasing the trigger, until paint got low in the hopper at which time it too misfed
both of them very nice nice hoppers but with their own unique features and flaws.
to say one is better than the other would only be a matter of preference.
Old 06-28-2004, 07:47 PM   #64
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Send a message via ICQ to chibissj Send a message via AIM to chibissj Send a message via Yahoo to chibissj
after getting a halo and using an eggy.

So far I like the eggy feelwise better.

But as the feednecks were problematic, I'm digging the HALO.

Speedwise they are nearly the same and it doesn't matter to me.

I am back...for a moment
"There have been no new posts in the last 247 days to your subscribed threads."
CEO of Baby Shenanigans Inc
Friends Music, Acoustic/Alternative, very good

Feedback

If you're like Teuf and Hate me Click Here
chibissj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 06:48 AM   #65
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Send a message via ICQ to chibissj Send a message via AIM to chibissj Send a message via Yahoo to chibissj
after using the halo b some more, one thing I don't like about it and someone else told me this too, is that to refill, you HAVE to wait til you're basically out of paint, unlike an eggy where you can still have some in there.

And the weight issue...honestly it's not even THAT heavy get over it.

I am back...for a moment

Feedback

Old 07-02-2004, 09:14 AM   #66
|GB|

Send a message via AIM to |GB| Send a message via MSN to |GB| Send a message via Yahoo to |GB|
Quote:
Originally posted by chibissj
And the weight issue...honestly it's not even THAT heavy get over it.
Ditto that, I was thinking the same thing when my Halo came in.
|GB| is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2004, 03:38 PM   #67
Downfall08
Scatter!

Send a message via AIM to Downfall08
That refill issue, I usually underestimate the amount of paint in there so I end up spillin about 1/4 of my pod sometimes. Gotta stop doin that.

One thing I don't like about my eggy is the feedneck. Its loosening up on mme. Can't wait to get my hands on your Halo, jay
Techna Trigger
Infamous M5

Anarchy ěT-"It's not just OT it's Anarchy OT"- A-5best
Downfall08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2004, 06:20 PM   #68
Tactical Taco

In REALITY. A Y board will feed no more than 15

A halo B will feed 23

Z Board egg will feed about 18-19

And thats a fact.
Tactical Taco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2004, 12:17 PM   #69
{J}aCt()uT
Go fishies!

i like your review it shows both sides and accurately describes the pros and cons, im gettin a eVLution || pretty soon!!
{J}aCt()uT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2004, 09:49 PM   #70
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Quote:
Originally posted by Tactical Taco
In REALITY. A Y board will feed no more than 15

A halo B will feed 23

Z Board egg will feed about 18-19

And thats a fact.

it's a fact huh?

wierd....explain why my eggy with Y BOARD yes Y BOARD was feeding 18 bps on a matrix OVER the crono.

It honestly depends on the board you had, some y boards seem to be slower than others, I happened to get a nice y board.

There is also a video somewhere showing a Y BOARD on an Angel Speed shooting 21 bps without intellifeed. So it really depends on what was happening with the board/batteries.

Halos' batteries suck after what seems like no time at all, and need replaced even before they're dead or speed dramatically decreases, whereas the Eggy's batteries can be around halfway dead and be feeding normal speed.

I am back...for a moment

Feedback

Old 07-31-2004, 01:21 PM   #71
angel34

i love my halo b so far i have not had a problom with it yet. I just laugh at my friend with an evo 2 because he has to put duck tape on the battery door to keep it closed . im glad i bought the halo sure it is a little bit on the heavy side. if i get a new gun i can just get a victory borad for it. i would highly recomend a halo b if you need speed. with impy w/vision i could easily out his evo 2 with Y borad. ive seen the z borad in action and it doesnt feed that consistent.
angel34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 04:41 PM   #72
Angel4boy
863-561-772

Send a message via AIM to Angel4boy
Quote:
Originally posted by angel34
ive seen the z borad in action and it doesnt feed that consistent.
You must be talkin about the gun...becasue the z-board is a very consistent hopper...
Angel4boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2004, 06:57 PM   #73
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
Yeah, the zboard makes it so that if you shoot a string of paint, the paddle keeps spinning and feeding.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 05:27 AM   #74
jiujitsufighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

Ok first off I got my Halo-B for $80. As far as bps over the chrono that is like a 3 or 4 shot bps not a hopper full. Everyone I know uses a halo-b. I know the people that tried the ev said they get more bounce with it but other than that it is about it. Never had any problems with dark colored paint. And i do love to use dark Blue...never seen solid black though. I dont know how you cant tell how much paint your pooring in a hopper because you are sitting there lookign at it. And dont give me that crap abotu your sitting there watching the other guy. because it doesnt take that long to fill up your hopper. Besides if you are that worried about spilling it just put half a pod in there and shoot some and then throw the other half in there.

Learn to aim and you wont run out of paint so quickly.
jiujitsufighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:37 AM   #75
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Quote:
Originally posted by jiujitsufighter
I know the people that tried the ev said they get more bounce with it but other than that it is about it.
A hopper wouldn't give you more bounce in your gun...

There is another drawback which I see to the halo, if you play about 2 hard days of pball, your batteries are already dead by the 3rd day. Sometimes you can play a game or two on the third day but usually they're already dead.

I am back...for a moment

Feedback

Old 08-02-2004, 06:23 PM   #76
jiujitsufighter
Tap, Nap, or Snap

I dont see how they can be dead after just two days. I know a couple of games I havent even really used all that many balls. Anyway this guy who used a egg said he was able to get more bounce with it than he did with his halo. Next time he gets on here I will get him to tell you.
jiujitsufighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2004, 06:29 PM   #77
VeNoM
Wish You Were Here...

Send a message via AIM to VeNoM
If you use two cases in two days, it can drain the batt's quite a bit... Even more so if you only use the four battery pack option in the Reloader B.

NWDP - We Are Cooler Than You ClubN

Black 2k3 Half-Mill Viking, WAS, Eyes, JMJ Eye Covers, Razor trigger, CCM Lo-rise, Dye Stickies, 68/45 Hyperflow, Empire Reloader B PIC

Me & My Speed

"When the Power of Love over comes the Love of Power the World will know Peace" - Jimi Hendrix
VeNoM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2004, 08:07 AM   #78
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Quote:
I dont see how they can be dead after just two days. I know a couple of games I havent even really used all that many balls. Anyway this guy who used a egg said he was able to get more bounce with it than he did with his halo. Next time he gets on here I will get him to tell you.
If your'e not shooting it doesn't drain the batteries much.

I always turn my Halo off after the game and everything, my batteries died on the 3rd day after I had them in and I played 6 games in denver, let someone use my halo another game, played 15 the other and then they were dead.

And I was shooting around a hopper and a pod or two in all those games except denver I was breaking into my 3rd or 4th pod sometimes.

And the batteries died.

I'd be willing to bet that I probably shot 10000-15000 balls in that period of time though, cronoing and such having fun just shooting.

Also bounce I want to know how he's getting more bounce.

Maybe he means bounces? off the shell? Because that would make sense a little, even though when I had my eggy I only had like 2 bounces ever and that was lucky at best.

I am back...for a moment

Feedback

Old 08-03-2004, 07:39 PM   #79
BourneKiller

Quote:
Ok first off I got my Halo-B for $80. As far as bps over the chrono that is like a 3 or 4 shot bps not a hopper full. Everyone I know uses a halo-b. I know the people that tried the ev said they get more bounce with it but other than that it is about it. Never had any problems with dark colored paint. And i do love to use dark Blue...never seen solid black though. I dont know how you cant tell how much paint your pooring in a hopper because you are sitting there lookign at it. And dont give me that crap abotu your sitting there watching the other guy. because it doesnt take that long to fill up your hopper. Besides if you are that worried about spilling it just put half a pod in there and shoot some and then throw the other half in there.

Learn to aim and you wont run out of paint so quickly.
Learn to aim? Play tourney ball.

Look at the most successful teams in the world. Dynasty for all you guys...

They don't stop shooting until the game is over. You don't wait to shoot until you see someone, that's what woodsball is about... and if you use a HALO-B in woodsball, then you're really not into woodsball at all (or you like overkill).

You may not have "problems" with dark paint in your HALO... you don't know -- you just know that it feeds paint. The HALO uses a reflective sensor to not only "see" if there is paint in the breech, but it also senses movement. With dark paint, it doesn't detect movement as well, thus it feeds slower.

Quote:
Originally posted by chibissj
I'd be willing to bet that I probably shot 10000-15000 balls in that period of time though, cronoing and such having fun just shooting.
You went through 5-8 cases of paint doing nothing but chronoing? You wasted all that paint without practicing, or doing drills?

Do you not have a team to practice with? or do you not enjoy practicing?
Looking for a new paintball marker? Click Here! Looking for the 2007 Proto Matrix VII? Hustle Paintball has them!
BourneKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2004, 06:15 PM   #80
chibissj
Ski Medal Bling

Quote:
Originally posted by BourneKiller

You went through 5-8 cases of paint doing nothing but chronoing? You wasted all that paint without practicing, or doing drills?

Do you not have a team to practice with? or do you not enjoy practicing?
Actually I was doing a little something called playing games as well. Most tournament players tend to play in a game every once in a while..

I played the two days in Denver and one more day and on the last day of Denver in the third game I was out of battery power.

The first day I used my halo I shot about a case in a half.

The second day I played I shot probably 3 cases.

And the last day I probably shot 2 and a half cases.

So that's about 7 cases of paint and the batteries were zapped.

Also a thing on halos is that the battery pack has to be in exactly right or the battery lid won't even go back on correctly.

I am back...for a moment

Feedback