pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dragun / Odyssey

Old 09-04-2006, 05:43 PM   #1
paintball0308
Rex rx

upgrading

What upgrades does a rex rx use. What style bolt, ram, and other parts does it use. Also can it use this board.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Total90Oliver View Post
Yea, Tadao is mainly for Impulses
^ LOL
paintball0308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2006, 09:05 PM   #2
DarkeWolf

unfortunately, no. that board will not work. it would use the same board as the odyssey 02, which....damon doesnt have. however, you might try emailing him from the site and asking him if the Wrath board, will work. when asking him, ask him if it will work with the odyssey 02. (exact same gun as the RX, just different name, different distributor). [edit] You may also ask him about the 03 odyssey board. http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/o3.htm
sorry, I just now found this. It MIGHT work, as it's made to fit inside the 02 frame.[/edit]

the ram is pretty much limited. alamo city has a delrin t-1 ram that will work. http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/oneram.html Other than that you're kinda limited to just getting the stock ram milled down for less weight.

the bolt you can use TES, or The ONE (T-1) bolts for draguns. alamo city also carries some of those as well. Or you can use pre-alias style intimidator bolts.

I am about 85% sure that you would need a lpr adapter to swap out the stock lpr. http://templates.earthstores.com/tem...&prod=3194 25

IF it doesnt have a clamping feedneck, wrath feednecks will work. as will the dragun/odyssey feednecks- http://cgi.ebay.com/TWIST-LOCK-FEED-...QQcmdZViewItem

triggers are also pretty limited, as are grips. zenitram triggers (also located at the website for the lpr adapter) for draguns will work. as will wrath triggers. anything else, you're looking at having to mod out the trigger. the grips...well......spyder dye sticky grips can be modified to FIT, but dont have the right kind of window to view the lcd screen.

spyder valves DO NOT work, as neither do spyder valve springs or cupseals. cupseals you can get at alamo city....link is above for ram. maddmann makes a rocket valve to fit them- http://www.maddmanproducts.com/Home_...et_valves.html look for the One (t-1) rocket valve.

autococker QEV's fit the ram cap. there's also an adapter, for a better fit- http://www.pyr8.1accesshost.com/

and....having a brainfart night, so can't think of anything else. if you have any other questions, just ask

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
---Dragun TES Blue/Black ---- Dragun T-1 Black-- Parts ---
A paintball community PBO! SundragonPPS.com
www.scenariodreams.com Evo2 Battery Door Mod

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 09-04-2006 at 09:32 PM.
DarkeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2006, 02:57 PM   #3
paintball0308
Rex rx

Thanks, but I still have some questions. Is another lpr better than the stock one and whats the difference from the stock one. Also how do you put a autococker qev on the stock ram cap. Also is the stock regulator bad or good. Thanks for the answers so far.

Quote:
^ LOL
Old 09-06-2006, 02:47 AM   #4
DarkeWolf

The inlet to the ram cap has a threaded nut inside it. you just take the nut out, and then screw in the adapter from pyr8, then screw the qev into the adapter.
the stock regulators- the lpr is decent. not necessarily a manditory upgrade, but an aftermarket one like the Palmer's rock, or microrock, or AKA SCM are WAY better regs.
THe stock lpr does seem to need to be taken apart and cleaned and lubed on a fairly semi-regular basis (like every three months or so if you play regularly, like twice a month or more) or it starts to give shootdown. And FSDO (first shot drop off) seems to be common in some of them until they get broken in the first time.

The stock reg is a big fat pain in the butt. The foregrip is actually a gas-thru, with a female regulator mounted on the trigger frame. That femme reg....uses air pressure from the tank to keep the output pressure setting of the reg "locked in". So....you have to RESET it every time you take the tank off!
And a reg like the CP grip reg, the older Bob Long Torpedo (BEFORE NPS got hold of the company. The newer torps seem to need to be rebuilt a lot) The Evil Detonator, Mac Dev regs, or AKA regs do a much more consistant job.

Oh, and the barrel. Its actually a fairly decent barrel for stock. Tho and aftermarket spyder threaded barrel like the J&J, The CP, or the more expensive kits are still an upgrade that you would want to keep in mind.

---Dragun T-1 Green--68/4500 DXS--evo2 w.Z board--RMR KillStick--CP Reg--12" J&J Edge Kit/12" Evil Pipe---
---Dragun Drallion Blue--68/3k crossfire--evo2 w.Yboard--14" Evil Pipe--E2'd--44mag+QEVs -- SCM3-AKA Sidewinder---
Old 09-06-2006, 05:27 PM   #5
paintball0308
Rex rx

Thanks for the help so far but I have another question. Does and can the gun shoot 20 bps and what are the modes, is there ramping. What batteries does it use, 9v or does it comes with a rechargable one. and my last question, If I replace the gas grip with a regulator can I still use the asa but put the pressure really high so I can get better flow or should I just get a new asa.

Quote:
^ LOL
Old 09-06-2006, 08:15 PM   #6
DarkeWolf

no problem at all, I'm always glad to help
UNFortunately, you're starting to ask me a few things that I dunno :-|

it comes with a 7.6v rechargable batt. the board can handle a 9v battery, but I have it on good authority that the gripframe doesnt have enough room inside it to fit the 9v because it's bigger than the 7.6
one of the things that I would definitely recommend upgrading....and this is gonna sound wierd. is the battery charger. take it down to radioshack and tell them that you want one with an anti-overcharge circuit. a lot of peeps fry those batteries by leaving them on the charger for too long. and since NOBODY can agree on what "too long" is for them, this is the best protection you can get to preserve the life of that battery.

as for the modes...this is one of those that I'm not sure of. They are listed as having semi, and auto mode. Now.....with the dragun's....auto mode could have been Full Auto, or just a more responsive version of semi. They were only full auto if there wasnt an eye board. which...the RX has. BUT....the ToridX (now the Odyssey r-1 and r-2) had Semi, three burst, and full auto. Where none of the draguns did. so I'm not for sure. I'll just say that it has semi, and auto. whether it's full auto or not, I'm not sure. But I am sure that it doesnt ramp. not with the stock board.

The reg I'm not sure of the max output on. so I dunno if turning it all the way up would work or not. But....I do know that you can gut the internals, seal the threads of the end cap/pressure adjuster (teflon tape or thread sealer) and then have the end threaded and tapped with 1/8 npt threads for a plug screw. And then just use it as an asa, with a side-mounted airline. Or run a straight fitting, or angled fitting from the newly threaded hole, since they use the same size screw and thread as the plugs do.

the gun itself should be able to mechanically shoot up to about 18-25 bps with the stock parts. any faster than that, and you'd need a faster/better ep solenoid. which....I'm afraid I cant recommend any upgrades on that particular part. afraid I dunno much about ep solenoids
But unless you're using bounce, or other than semi auto, its hard to find somebody with fingers that fast.

Edit- I'm asking an odyssey knowlegable fellow over on pbn about those things that I'm not sure of. I'll post again once I know for sure. But if you can put a t-board into it, then you can use an ultra chip and get those settings.

Last edited by DarkeWolf : 09-06-2006 at 08:27 PM.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:29 PM   #7
paintball0308
Rex rx

if you fund out lmk.

Quote:
^ LOL
Old 09-09-2006, 02:31 PM   #8
DarkeWolf

Sorry to take so long getting back to ya. it took me a while to get replies when I was asking about this stuff.
the modes on the stock board are semi and semi
and damon at scenariodreams says to use the t-1 t-board.
I'm afraid that I have Not heard back yet on that regulator question.

Old 09-09-2006, 03:14 PM   #9
DarkeWolf

edit- sorry to double post but wanted to make sure that you get the email notification. TES t-board, NOT t-1. turns out that the RX has a clapper noid, not a humphrey noid, so you'll want the programming on the board for that type of solenoid.

really sorry about that!

Old 09-10-2006, 10:28 AM   #10
paintball0308
Rex rx

ok thanks

Quote:
^ LOL
Old 09-11-2006, 05:03 AM   #11
DarkeWolf

no prob. sorry about the confusion on it