pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Closed Thread

Old 03-10-2004, 07:15 AM   #21
Rotties67
Bringing the dead to life

Location: Stationed in Las Vegas right now....Yeah, its a tough life
Send a message via AIM to Rotties67
I love this site

I was thinking of buying a 3A tank. But no more. I was wondering why they are always so cheap. Thanks again for the info.

Been out of the game for over 2 years, and it feels so good to be back in.

PBReview Feedback
Old 03-12-2004, 09:31 PM   #22
BlueDragonDH
HeHe Spinny!!!

If you look at the things they bought of ebay alot are for rice crispie squares and caramel brownies
Like I said before, Blue Dragon is right - pb Hoowah

!!! Join www.pbcanada.ca !!!
Old 03-13-2004, 03:16 AM   #23
mlk3454
Weekend Warrior

Send a message via AIM to mlk3454
as of saturday March 13, 2004 at 7:07am they have 1709 total positives with 1342 unique individuals leaving positives, 16 unique individuals who left negatives, and a whopping 25 positives left from buying recipies. So 1% of all of their positives were left from people they bought recipies from...so they buy personal things with that account, 25 out of 1709 is so minimal it doesn't make any difference. Also, to have 16 negatives out of that many isn't bad either. After buying you have 90 days to leave feedback so that would be plenty of time to test out what was bought. Some people have had good experiences while others have had bad but by looking at the ebay record there are a lot more that have had good.
Old 03-30-2004, 03:44 PM   #24
RagingFuryBlack

so...how many employees does 3a have?

http://bb.1asphost.com/RagingFuryBlack/kittens.jpg

BOYCOTT SMART PARTS!
Old 03-31-2004, 04:05 AM   #25
DaSpEcSter
They're coming to get me!

Send a message via AIM to DaSpEcSter
I'll tell you all what I've been wondering...
You know that story about how the lady died from the tank coming unscrewed? I wonder if that was a 3a tank! Sounds like their shotty work. If it is, 3a should be ended. Abruptly.
You're behind your bunker shooting at me. I'm behind my bunker just waiting for you to turn the other way. You look back at your teammate. When you turn back around........all you see, and all you hear, and all you feel is the sting of of pain/t. You've been bunkerd, and there's nothing you can do about it.
Old 03-31-2004, 06:54 AM   #26
Jaster
The one and only

mlk3454, while I agree the record of good and bad may be true, it's the fact that they lied in the first place about their products, they continue to lie now, and do some off the wall things to get ratings up on themselves and their products. They've denied buying recipes/brownies... and have said they don't sell or buy on ebay. Obviously that isn't true and now they have a different story. I've been banned from their site twice for asking question about these claims. I got nothing but BS answers and banned. I was even polite about it. I just wanted to hear from them about the comments being made and give a chance to stand up for themselves. I even tried calling them and asking. I got sworn at and hung up by a guy who wouldn't even tell me his name and said he owned the place. I don't care if they lied once or a million times. They lied, fact. They could make the best products in the world, I still won't buy them.
--------------------------------------------------

Originally posted by GranDreamUse the search, Luke.
Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by Homer:Jaster is the Master.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips
Pure Energy 45/45 and 68/45 12" STIFFI Barrel, 14" CP 2 Piece, Red Halo B

WANTED: Ripper Timmy body. PM me if you have one you want to sell or trade.
Old 03-31-2004, 07:15 AM   #27
mlk3454
Weekend Warrior

DaSpEcSter - it was a co2 tank, not a hpa tank

Jaster - I am not trying to stick up for their business practices as we all can see there is something up with it as well as other comps in the paintball industry lately...I guess all I have to say about 3A is that all the things that I have gotten from them have been plenty good and have not malfunctioned or broken. Granted I am not a pro tourney player that slams the stuff around 4 days a week but for the 2-3 times a month that I play and have owned 3A stuff for almost a year, I dont have a complaint about its quality.
Old 03-31-2004, 08:59 AM   #28
Jaster
The one and only

I've heard about a 50/50 on the actual quality of their stuff. Pretty much the same for everyone I guess, some love it some hate it. Glad your stuff works right. I'm just real big on customer service and company reputation.

Originally posted by GranDreamUse the search, Luke.
Originally posted by Lopez17It's really quite amusing to see the difference between talent and ego
Originally posted by teufelhunden You'd think stickies are there to make the forum pretty...
Originally posted by Killer Kat: Don't feed the Jaster from your hand! He bites!!
Originally posted by cocker kid 2k2 :Shut your trap while the big boys are talking.
Originally posted by Homer:Jaster is the Master.
Originally posted by iplaynaked:This....is the Jaster. All I'm going to say to you about him is....don't make him angry.

Red to Black Texas Storm, WAS2.8 Board, WAS Switch, KAPP Thumper Ram, BL Delrin Poppet, Violent Products Delrin Piston, CP Rail, Modified Stock Bolt, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Empire on/off, AKA Sidewinder reg, Clamping Low Rise, Flame Eye Covers, ScytheII Trigger.
Red/Yellow Fade LP Classic Timmy, Bob Long Torpedo Reg., Claw Trigger, CP Adj. Ram Cap, Modified Delrin Bolt, CP Flame Drop Forward, Empire On/Off, WAS 2.8 Equalizer bd., WAS Eye, WAS Switch, Twisted Low Rise, Custom Red Oak Grips
Pure Energy 45/45 and 68/45 12" STIFFI Barrel, 14" CP 2 Piece, Red Halo B

WANTED: Ripper Timmy body. PM me if you have one you want to sell or trade.
Old 04-01-2004, 07:14 AM   #29
ImpulseKid366

Send a message via AIM to ImpulseKid366
Quote:
Originally posted by BlueDragonDH
If you look at the things they bought of ebay alot are for rice crispie squares and caramel brownies
Isnt it just recipes?
Old 04-03-2004, 01:07 PM   #30
Shivors
Spyder fan since '96

First I have heard of the bull**** they pulled here at PBReview.com. Seems very lame IMHO.

As far as their gear is concerned...my brother and I use their 68-4500 tanks and have had absolutley no problems. They shipped quickly in my instance.

I just ordered a 4+3 pack and will post how that goes. Got it for 14 bucks.... (shrug)

After reviewing this thread I will definately be looking for shady behaviour.
- Empire Reloader
- Vaporworks vert feed
- 3A 68-4500 CPA tank
- 3A 4pc Knockout barrel set
- CP Grip Regulator - Long
- PsychoBallistic Bullet Drop
Old 04-03-2004, 01:51 PM   #31
PB0900

Send a message via AIM to PB0900
Is it just me, or do their barrels look like ripoffs of Kapp KXS barrels? I think especially the ones that come on their fockers look like Kapp barrels. Their fockers look like ripoffs of DYE cockers in almost every way. They have similar mill, the back block is cut the same way, and even the jewel is in the same spot. Hmmm...
Old 04-03-2004, 06:45 PM   #32
mlk3454
Weekend Warrior

the stuff that happened on pbr was over a year ago so hopefully they got their act together about that, as for the barrels I think they look like a cross between an SP with some spiral porting and a Kapp but the ano style is their own (I personally like solid colors)...the cocker bodies are WDP bodies so they are genuine cockers
Old 04-03-2004, 07:02 PM   #33
PB0900

Hmm. Didn't know 3A used WGP bodies. I guess I just assumed they made fockers because of their reputation.
Old 04-05-2004, 06:09 AM   #34
jonezin_nj
ANGER IS A GIFT

Send a message via AIM to jonezin_nj
3a

you guys all rock. i'm fairly new to the pb, and i was seriuosly considering a 3a invincible that i had seen on e-bay. there is nothing like explaining to the wife a $100 paypal payment for a pos marker. pbreview rocks.

thanks
Old 04-05-2004, 02:49 PM   #35
smegle5
Snakes N Ladders

Send a message via AIM to smegle5 Send a message via Yahoo to smegle5
this tread should b stickied
Old 04-05-2004, 06:49 PM   #36
Shivors
Spyder fan since '96

Updating my previous post. I won the auction for the 3A 4+3 harness on the 2nd, paid via paypal, and they sent a tracking number today. Every step was verified via email. <shrug>

Will post again when the pack gets here and I will update as to the quality.

This is the item I won:

EBay Auction

FYI....I run a Jacko 3 pod for my rec ball but needed a larger one for scenario games. (sux balls to have to hump a 1/2 mile or more for paint)

As far as their markers....they look like evey other Spyder clone to me. Nothing beats an original Kingman product!
Old 04-05-2004, 06:56 PM   #37
PB0900

Quote:
Originally posted by Shivors
Nothing beats an original Kingman product!
Except a Piranha, but that's just me.

I hate to admit it, but from the pic that does appear to be a pretty nice pack. I'd like to hear how you like it and how it holds up.
Old 04-09-2004, 11:07 AM   #38
jdolla
Col. 3:23

Send a message via AIM to jdolla
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I've heard about a 50/50 on the actual quality of their stuff. Pretty much the same for everyone I guess, some love it some hate it. Glad your stuff works right. I'm just real big on customer service and company reputation.
If you think about it, this is prolly a good reason NOT to buy stuff from them. Sure, it might work out and perform great, but it could just as easily suck. If there is that much of a chance for something to not perform, I wouldn't buy it.
CPPA Member #2453

It is not who you are on the inside, but what you do that defines you.
What man is a man who does not leave the world better?
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
We must fear evil men, but what we must fear most is the indifference of good men.

05 Prostock Sniper
Old 04-09-2004, 12:35 PM   #39
Shivors
Spyder fan since '96

Update part duex

Well...the pack arrived today on time.

Nothing wrong with this pack. Same materials as my Jacko with what looks to be good stitching. The logos are 3D rubber and stand out well. The back of the pack is three layers and has a ton of elastic. The waist band is about 4-5 inches wide and looks to fit up to a 40" belly.

In all honesty the only thing I dont like is that the pod holders dont have elastic like the newer Empire packs. Seeing as I paid $14 + ship, I wont be complaining.

As far as other 3A products I dont know. I have purchased 2 68-4500 tanks and now 2 of these 4+3 packs. Everything went through as advertised with no problems. The only other thing I would consider is a barrel for my backup and a tank cover.(anyone have one to info me on?) . I run a Boomstick on my main and wont be giving that up anytime soon.

As I said before, what they pulled here on PBReview is crap and PBReview is right IMHO to not review their gear. I have had good luck with the gear I have bought and I would buy anything else I might want. (I have been eyeing their tank covers...look tight)
- Empire Reloader
- Vaporworks vert feed
- 3A 68-4500 CPA tank
- 3A 4pc Knockout barrel set
- CP Grip Regulator - Long
- PsychoBallistic Bullet Drop

Last edited by Shivors : 04-09-2004 at 12:56 PM.
Old 04-20-2004, 05:07 PM   #40
spyder freek
Still Messin with spyders

Send a message via AIM to spyder freek
Quote:
Originally posted by RagingFuryBlack
so...how many employees does 3a have?
to many?Lol

My Story ...i was going to get the barrel kit for 60 and i was like what could it hurt?....i l8r ran into a kid who let me use his.

WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP....it was what suposedly a ok paint to barrel match and it was breakin balls lefty and right...i would clean it and it would hook and i couldent hit a wall 30 ft away!(wasnt my paint ethier) they make it look flashy so noobs will buy it,,,and unfortunatly its working (not to mention pervs w/ that tank and shirt bs!)
Vlink
OTB frame
Mac Dev Sonic Red Valve
Cp classic barrel .689
Cp reg
SCV Red Egg w/ Z board
Pmi 68ci 4.5k Cf tank

Eggy II w/ Z and scarlet SCV shell kit. 4 sale
Closed Thread