pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 02-08-2004, 03:50 PM   #21
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

Send a message via AIM to TrIcK3D0uT E-99
the reg is on the manufacture website, its not that bad. the maxflow is better but the reg on the TESis good also. the stock barrel shoots as good as the stock imp barrel or atleast fmo teh imp i shot(my friends) and as for the ROF, yeah i avergae like 9-14 but tht doesnt mean tht other pl cant walk it fastr than that. Im not nearly the best at walkin the trigger. plus the one has modes like reactive and turbo. and i only hv a TES not the one kit but i will be buying this kit soon i hope. anyways buy a reg and maybe a differnt barrel if u want i'd get a evil driver barrel, beats the f**k out of progressive. maybe a bigger drop also. this gun has a better ACE and bolt. imp bolts rn't so expensive i i heard the bolt fromt the timmy is on the TES stock after all the bolt was $65.
- Empire sound activated reloader
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Air America Vigilante reg w/ LP spring
- drilled hole in block and put threads to fit the guage 0-1500psi guage.(tapndie set)
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
- Soft spring from 32* spring kit

Last edited by TrIcK3D0uT E-99 : 02-08-2004 at 03:53 PM.
TrIcK3D0uT E-99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #22
shoc]{erboy12
He was He is He will be +

Send a message via AIM to shoc]{erboy12
Wow! Ignorance truly is bliss. And while you are buying a new barrel and reg an imp owner can buy a new barrel for less and still shoot better than "the one". So for the money an imp is more performance for the money.
shoc]{erboy12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 07:59 PM   #23
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
if i am correct they both have reflective beam systems which are the worst. also the modes are . you cant use them in tournies or on most fields so why buy into the hype. still getting a viking...

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2004, 08:05 PM   #24
CoolT

TrIcK3D0uT E-99 there's a little something in the real world we like to call marketing. Once you make it through grade school maybe you will learn about it. Black Dragun markets The One towards players moving up from a blowback who havn't done enough research to notice the difference between an Imp/Bushy and The One. Obviously their marketing has paid off since you're so hyped up about the gun.
Old 02-08-2004, 08:58 PM   #25
Blue Baller

I'm gonna have to go with coolt 100% on this one. The one is still going to be a big piece of crap since draguns sucked to start off with.

A dragun one would not be more accurate. Your explanation really lacks. From what you've said, it sounds like an imp would be more accurate. Better reg and stock barrel I'd say, and that is what matters.

If you're going to get a gun that performs like a timmy, why not just get a timmy? People and their fake guns these days.

Trader feedback
Blue Baller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 11:31 AM   #26
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

i dono, just b/c a gun is less and better(like the one) doesnt mean it sux. teh one isnt a blowback the TES is so i dono where u got that from. u cant buy a better reg for an imp and the barrel u can just get a kit or a boomstick for both guns imp and one. there about the same only imps aren't capable of 22bps. atleast not the imps around $450. as for the accuracy there about the same but i like the one better just has better features. i put a torp reg on mine
go here and watch the vid. http://lolmoh.pair.com/~dragun/one.wmv
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- drilled hole in block and put threads to fit the guage 0-1500psi guage.(tapndie set)
- Maddmann Rocket Valve

Last edited by TrIcK3D0uT E-99 : 02-09-2004 at 11:40 AM.
Old 02-09-2004, 04:17 PM   #27
Rancid Coleslaw
DirectX Placebo Effect

Quote:
Originally posted by TrIcK3D0uT E-99
i dono, just b/c a gun is less and better(like the one) doesnt mean it sux. What? That didn't even make sense. The one is ~$50 more than the one, and you said it was less. teh one isnt a blowback the TES is so i dono where u got that from. u cant buy a better reg for an imp and the barrel u can just get a kit or a boomstick for both guns imp and oneBut we're not talking about what happends when you upgrade the barrels. We're talking stock here.. there about the same only imps aren't capable of 22bps.Of course stock imps don't do 22bps, but niether does the one last i checked. atleast not the imps around $450. as for the accuracy there about the same but i like the one better just has better featuresRefer to CoolT and Blue Baller's posts. i put a torp reg on mine
Oh boy, a fluffy video that shows you firing in turbo mode.

Rancid Coleslaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 05:15 PM   #28
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
If you put a WAS board in the imp, it will beat the living hell out of the one with any other parts imaginable on it. Eyes on the one suck, but it is better than no eyes at all, still spending 100 more and getting a was'd imp is WELL worth it.
cocker kid 2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2004, 06:54 PM   #29
Blue Baller

Quote:
i dono, just b/c a gun is less and better(like the one) doesnt mean it sux. teh one isnt a blowback the TES is so i dono where u got that from. u cant buy a better reg for an imp and the barrel u can just get a kit or a boomstick for both guns imp and one. there about the same only imps aren't capable of 22bps. atleast not the imps around $450. as for the accuracy there about the same but i like the one better just has better features. i put a torp reg on mine
I never said the one was a blowback. Where did you get that from?

Also, if you can't get a better reg for the impulse, that's a good thing. That means you already have the best reg on the market on the impulse, you goon.

The one doesn't have better features, trust us.

Trader feedback
Old 02-09-2004, 08:41 PM   #30
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

the one is a TES with a kit on it. if it is a true electro then why the hell can you buy a kit and make other spyders and poo markers an "electro". sounds to me like you are trying to validate your buying into the biggest pile of crap. also next time try to at least spell some words right if you want others to take anything you say seriously.the eyes are a reflective beam system which are sh*t. FOR ALL READERS: DONT BUY "THE ONE"! it should be named "The One, For me to Poop On"

My Gat: G3 VTL E-Force, PDP board and eye mod, Egg 2, Crossfire 88/45, BOSS delrin bolt, AA Vigilante (LP), PMI drop, Custom blade trigger, Custom switch setup
Old 02-10-2004, 11:19 AM   #31
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

u can put a WAS on a TES or one also. and get a beter reg. u c u can make this thing into a timmy it accepts tiiimy bolts. but w/ some good money put into this thing u can make it close 2 a timmy. i saw 1 guy has this nice "one" for like $750. thats y i like it better.....buy a TES(cheaper than imp) then u can work yer way up buying each part time to time when u get enough money. this way, nistead of buying something expensive all at once and not haveing money to play, u can use the gun u hv stock TES or w/e u have on yer TES and still pay and keep adding on to it.
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Maddmann Rocket Valve
Old 02-10-2004, 11:52 AM   #32
cocker kid 2k2

Send a message via AIM to cocker kid 2k2 Send a message via Yahoo to cocker kid 2k2
Quote:
and get a beter reg. u c u can make this thing into a timmy it accepts tiiimy bolts.
OH boy, watch out, it can accept Timmy bolts, its gunna shoot just like it!

With a tiny bit of modification, I could make a cocker accept a Timmy bolt, does that make it anything at all shoot like a Timmy, deffinatly not.

Have you ever even seen the insides of a Timmy before?

You've got a LOT to learn.
cocker kid 2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 12:00 PM   #33
CoolT

Quote:
u can put a WAS on a TES or one also.
No you can't. Do you even know what a WAS board is? People are also talking about stock. Who cares if you can put $500 into a gun and make it shoot good. You can put $0 into the Imp and it will shoot better than The One. If you put $500 into an Imp it's going to shoot 10x better than if you put $500 into The One. Even with tons of parts it's not going to be close to a Timmy. I'll refer to Blue Baller's post:

Quote:
Originally posted by Blue Baller
If you're going to get a gun that performs like a timmy, why not just get a timmy? People and their fake guns these days.
All I can say is quit while your behind. Obviously you know way too little and have way too little experience with higher end guns to argue that the one is any good. I can't believe you actually paid for that piece of trash and you're trying to make believe it's any good.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:18 PM   #34
TrIcK3D0uT E-99

i heard u could put a WAS on a TES and w/ custom work u can justst changes the insides the kit is said 2 make the gun opertate like a timmy but ot shoot as good as it, buy a barrel, bolt, reg, spring, WAS board(if its fits some pll told me it would fit) i dono if WAS would fit in a TES but 1 guy on here said it would and Im just going by what he said. anothr thing piece of trash look i doubt u evr shot a one before and i have IM comparing it to the imp and i like itbetter i dono how pll would say its trash.
PS show me a vid of a timmy shooting if any1 has 1. i wold really appreciate it. then we can compare them.
- Evil rear cocking bolt
- Java metal feedneck
- NW Drop Forward
- Maddmann Rocket Valve

Last edited by TrIcK3D0uT E-99 : 02-10-2004 at 01:22 PM.
Old 02-10-2004, 01:26 PM   #35
Blue Baller

Look bro, just face it. You may like your One, but it is in no way going to compare to high end guns. So please quit trying to tell us it is, it's grading on my nerves.

You may like it better than your impulse, but would the rest of the paintball population agree with you? I really doubt it.

Trader feedback
Old 02-10-2004, 02:28 PM   #36
july_favre

You guys make asking for advice worthless. I doubt most of you have ever seen the one in person let alone shot it or did extensive testing with it. I bet most that goes for the impules also for some of you. You make assumptions just because you like another gun or think it will be however you think it will be. How can you make any kind of suggestion whens its followed by something like "I don't know too much about The One yet but I can guarentee that a Imp or Bushy is going to be better."- dont state you imagines "facts" if you dont know.
Did you know that the one can cycle faster than the bushmaster? Probably not. You come in and say that $500 dollars is too much like you can only buy it for that price when in reality it can be had for under $400, in $350 range if you look hard. If your really thrifty you can buy a $50 spyder and put the kit on and spend less than $250 on the whole thing.
Does a lower price tag mean its not as good?It must from what you have said, then again it must not from what you have said. You say -"the one cost less and you get what you pay for" then you say-"my impulse is as as good as an angel." FOr those of you that dont remember when the impulse came out it was aimed towards the same market as the one is now, then they put all the things it should have came with in the first place and put some fancy ano on it to make it "high end." The fact is most of you have fallen victim to hype and marketing.
For those of you that also dont remember the older Angels- they went for well over $1000. These days you can get them for far less because of guns like the impulse, bushmaster and the original intimidator. The competition drives prices down and makes prices better for whichever gun you like.

Enough ramblings on that,
for the original poster heres some info based on my (actual) experience.

My dad got one of the first Ones and there is very little different than the TES as far as parts go. It cycles fast but without the back pressure from the ball it cant quite get up to the 30CPS dry firing. The board and trigger are the biggest downfall and really take away from what could be a great gun. If the board and trigger were improved it would fire 10 times better. The consisancy of it really surprised me, I didnt sexpect much of any from the stock regs or barrel but I was surprised when I was getting +/-3FPS with some house paint.
Overall I think that the one is a great bargain but might have been rushed to get out. Dragun has recently merged with odyssey so I would wait for thier new guns which Im sure would include new versions of the one. If they were to add a nicer felling trigger, new board, amercan standard fittings this thing would shoot just as nice as anything out there and changing all of those wouldnt change the cost at all.
I own 2 bushmasters and I would take the one over them once they fix these things so I would wait for the new guns to get.
july_favre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 03:46 PM   #37
xXblinkXegoXx
man with the golden gun

Location: ill tell you where. someplace warm. a place where the beer flows like wine. where beutiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of capastrano. im talkin about a little place called San Diego.
Send a message via AIM to xXblinkXegoXx
where can i find this "the one kit" its not on paintball gear or anything or even on yahoo when i search for it... a website would be greatly appreciated.
To end the school week off, Friday's "3rd grader let's loose all the animals in the local zoo and runs with them through the school, hoping to send a message through the media representing freedom and peace day"
-igota98custom
xXblinkXegoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2004, 06:01 PM   #38
CoolT

I don't need to drive a Ferrari to know it's a good car. I don't need to shoot The One to know it's a piece of trash. Obviously the gun isn't that bad but considering its $400 price, it is. Maybe they will refine the gun and make it better, but until then, the Bushy and Impulse will always be better.
Old 02-10-2004, 08:29 PM   #39
jdubau55
Master of the Dremel

any one ever hear "you get what you pay for"...CoolT had the best point. if you all know that all you have to do is take a $50 POS spyder and put this kit on it to get a "electro pneumatic" marker why buy it? your getting a tricked out spyder right? the reason ppl pay for names like AKA or WGP is because they have been around long enough to establish themselves. Dragun has only been around for like 3 years. Not 20 like WGP or PMI. Tricked E99 you just need to stop posting. i can hardly even read your post, not to mention comprehend what your saying. Wicked Air Sports does not make a board for the one. if they do there name as a quality manufacture would decline for a reason. back to the original post. just take everyones advice and dont buy the one. you can get a b2k with pds for just like 50 bux more. that is a way better marker.

Old 02-11-2004, 11:09 AM   #40
Mooseless
:/

Send a message via AIM to Mooseless
and for the record.. dragun's quality is even worse than kingman's. i have shot the TES and im sure the one can't be much different since it has that same trash reg. you have lost the war just face it... imps and bushys simply pwn the one.
Impulse #23564
14 inch freak with .695 insert
Black Halo B
70/4500 Crossfire Stubby LP
ND Equalizer Bolt

NJ Anarchy Insert/Mid/Back
Impulse 2 Me- ^, very true. Good input Moosless
Mooseless is offline   Reply With Quote