pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 11-17-2010, 01:46 PM   #1
luke5001

Buying gun in $400 range

Wow i havent been here in forever....its so sad pbreview is near dead Well heres a thread to help i guess lol
Anyways heres the deal.So ive really liked my aoutococker(sig) but im looking for something new higher end.I dont mind buying used but i cant decide or know whats really the best value for $400 ($450 tops).Ive seen vices,a1s,cyborg rxs and older dms in that price range but i havnt really shot any of them except for the a1 which was nice.Has anyone shot any of these?Also if you think there are better guns for the money please say what and why.Thnks!

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." -C.S. Lewis

Worrgames
Black to red
05 Black magic
luke5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Personally owning all the guns mentioned in your post. I'd go with a Vice

-My Cyborg RX hardly sees use aside from being a loaner

-My DM7 is a collection queen, I personally prefer the old Matrix (the big fat brick ones, ya know before the DM-whatever was launched); All the DM4+ shoot the same, only difference is weight and feel

-My A1s are being sold.....that should say enough. Im a tinkerer and, well, A1s arent very tinker friendly

-My vice sees the most use and I love it to death. Light, consistent, fast, efficient, and oh so simple to maintain. All you do is set the LPR and dwell and forget about it. Inline reg for fps adjustment and regrease the ram every few cases, thats all it takes to make it happy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2010, 11:32 PM   #3
Corrupted355
Addict

Send a message via AIM to Corrupted355
The Vice is gonna be the best of the bunch. With that being said, you can pick up some older DM's for very cheap. I got a DMC (a DM5 with some extra stuff) in trade for a mechanical Cocker that I cobbled together out of stuff I just had lying around. Like Killertip said, all DM's will shoot about the same, the only real difference being that the older ones are bigger. That old DMC of mine is as smooth as anything out there, and may be the quietest semi-auto I own.

Corrupted355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:05 AM   #4
luke5001

Wow i didnt know vices were that nice even over an rx!!Does it shoot as smooth as say a dye nt (which was silky smooth.)Also with the lpr and dwell i heard you need tools that dont come with the gun maybe just lpr i cant remember?But all in all this is def the gun to with right?

"Christianity, if false, is of no importance, and if true, of infinite importance. The only thing it cannot be is moderately important." -C.S. Lewis

Worrgames
Black to red
05 Black magic
Old 11-19-2010, 06:29 AM   #5
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Yes you'll need an LPR tool to read the pressure your setting it at. The factory board is a Tadao M8 so dwell adjusting is nice and simple

Its possible to get it to be near the smoothness of a spoolie just will take a few aftermarket parts and a fair bit of fine tuning.

Im running a lightened valve spring with a stock ram and after alot of tunng its like silk

Quote:
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.

~My Feedback~
Old 11-19-2010, 10:50 AM   #6
luke5001

Alright thanks!!Youve def convinced me with the vice But i saw an etek ego(07-08 i think that would be the original) with a dye rotor for $200. I know this wouldnt compare to a vice but i think thats a geat deal and that would save me alot of money.But how close would it be to a vice if i put say a zick kit and maybe the cure 3 bolt on it?Is it even worth it or should shell out the extra and get the vice?

Worrgames
Black to red
05 Black magic
Old 11-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #7
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

If you want the etek, its a etek2 i think for 08 and etek1 for 07, its not a bad deal but like the vice it can be made to shoot great but requires some custom airsmithing which I'd be glad to do for you

point is both are great guns and with the proper tweaking will shoot very smooth

Quote:

~My Feedback~
Old 11-22-2010, 10:16 AM   #8
luke5001

Alright then i think ill go with the etek unless i find a cheap vice.Again thanks for all the info really appreciate it!!

Worrgames
Black to red
05 Black magic
Old 11-22-2010, 01:28 PM   #9
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
Honestly id go with a rapper or closer
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 01:37 PM   #10
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Send a message via AIM to 4THDEGREE
Ambush, i agree with your thoughts to a point. Now Luke, stay with your thinking as the boys have steered you straight. But between us "old-Timers" the one thing I tended to notice is that my original Onyx shoots extremely well, extremely good consistency, little kick, all that, and yet I love the feel of shooting Intimidators. There is just something about a stack tube gun that appeals to me. Kind of like comparing Shelby GT 500's. The new ones are awesome adn you can just get in, turn the key and drive them. I on eh other hand greatly prefer the old ones where the doors rattle when you slam them shut, rough idle, poor insulation on the floors and yet they would shove you back in the seat when you stomped on it and slap a stupid smile on face...I think I would trade everything in my gear bag to have my old Timmys back. :nostaglic grin:
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
NAnarchy OT - We Are Cooler Than YouN
Team No Regrets
-no drama, no BS, no regrets....play to be respected!
Pro Paintball Weekly
www.compulsivepaintball.com
4THDEGREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 11:34 AM   #11
Dynasty21
Johnny "J HACK" Hack

If your interested in 05 Ego -great price

Hey man. I don't know if you bought a guy yet but I have a 05 Ego special edition with efficiency bolt, virtue board if your interested, I'll sell it for a reasonable price, nothing is wrong with it in any way, it shoots ropes but i have too many guns so i have to sell one.
#1 - DM7.5 newest Dye Reg. Dye Ultralight Barrel 16" 2 piece - Virtue Board. Empire B II Hopper
Back up - *For Sale *05 Limited Edition Planet Eclipse Ego -375 - 475 with Hopper
Back up- *For Sale *04 Max'd out Up'd Shocker with 2 liter Reg. Dye Ultralight Barrel 16" 2 piece

Frontman 4.48 40 yard dash, 6.66 60 yard dash

St.Clair Shore, MI
"Had to get new PBreview user ID"
Dynasty21 is offline   Reply With Quote