pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Old 02-17-2009, 06:57 PM   #1
lil_baller

Question best paint?

what kind of paint is the best me and my dad buy pro ball we wanna know if its the best what kind of paintball would be best for winter and what kind of paint would be good for summer?
Old 02-18-2009, 07:54 AM   #2
reneirwolf878

Send a message via AIM to reneirwolf878
what kind of guns do you shoot? some of the nicest paints don't do so well with spyders, tippmans and other blowbacks. the shells are too brittle and the slamming of the bolt will actually cause them to break. if i'm just rec balling then i'll go with something like rps premiums. they are pretty consistant size at around .690 and the seems are pretty small. they also break fairly well with an ocasional bounce.
reneirwolf878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 01:37 PM   #3
lil_baller

well i use a tippy and a pirahna so which would be good for he pirahna???
Old 02-21-2009, 06:07 PM   #4
METALLICAT
Pro Paint Shucker

Visual impact....

DO NOT waste your money on good paint if your going to be shooting it through a Piranah.

Ive shot Xball silver, Zap Chronic, and Marbs through my Vs2 and they did fine.

But please, please, PLEASE dont waste $60 bucks on a Tippy and a Pirannah...
Bt Tactical Barrel
Apex Barrel
Q-Loader
Backup
Spyder Vs2 with infinity trigger
Eggy 3
J&J Edge Elite Kit
METALLICAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2009, 07:19 PM   #5
Littlebighorn

Expensiv paint have thinner shells made for guns like angels and ego because there low pressure is easier on the balls. Tipps and pirranas are hard on the paint so i would go with visable impact from wal mart. OR oreder diablo heat or dxs triumph from online.
Littlebighorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2009, 08:09 AM   #6
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Littlebighorn View Post
Expensiv paint have thinner shells made for guns like angels and ego because there low pressure is easier on the balls. Tipps and pirranas are hard on the paint so i would go with visable impact from wal mart. OR oreder diablo heat or dxs triumph from online.
I have no issues shooting evil/gold/chorinc through my rental BT4s at the field. A paintball is a sphere and can withstand IMMENSE amounts of force do to how that force is distrubiated on the ball itself. Ancient Rome was built on the arch which uses the same pricipal of engineering physics, and most of that city is still standing today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 12:15 PM   #7
NME17

Send a message via AIM to NME17
Just throwing this out there incase; I was told when I got my flatline for my 98 that I needed to get better paint like Marballizer and stuff because the flatline would bust everything else I had. I like the em but they were kind of expensive where I got em from.
NME17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:55 PM   #8
lil_baller

i used marbillizers a lil bit but they would sometimes just drop out of my gun they are like smaller than a normal paintball...... and visual impact from like walmart ive used that stuff before and it sucks those are for newbs with no money but just to let you guys know i have a tippmann with a response trigger on it so the visual impact would just break from the impact of the pin right at the begining it would chop em' all the time!!!!!!!!!!! anymore kind of paint that would be good for that???????!!!!!!!!!???????
Old 03-05-2009, 03:31 PM   #9
danolin04

RPS premium in the summer, RPS polar ice in the winter. Thats what i sugest for you. I've got a couple of friends with tippys and they love using the polars (they are only sold in winter i think cause the shell is thicker but they work good all year for me). I'm am sure premiums will work fine and they are usually cheaper than marbos be 10$+. thats my suggestion.
danolin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 07:13 PM   #10
phantomdeadeye

lil baller:
1st does it really matter when dad's the one buying the paint balls ?
lol
2nd I seem to recall a lil baller tucked in deep as I was hunting him down with the DM6 or was it the Phantom , or was it the autocaker ,, oh it really doesn't matter all that matters is all that CHRONIC paint that's money well spent as it hits you !!!
just kidding buddy , Im glad you enjoy the hobby ...
Oh and yes folks it's Polar ice in the winter and CHRONIC in the summer !!
happy hunting !!!
phantomdeadeye is offline   Reply With Quote