pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 07-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #1
MAPCoordinator

Smart Parts Press Release

Loyalhanna, PA - July 12, 2006 - Taking pride in our products and the support we give our customers, and in an effort to help reduce paintball marker theft, Smart Parts does not provide warranty service on markers which do not have their original serial number intact.

Serial numbers are a valuable tool for tracking and recovering stolen paintball markers, and it is not uncommon for thieves and people who knowingly deal with stolen property to destroy or modify serial numbers in an effort to cover their tracks.

The serial number serves not only as a method for locating a marker's rightful owner, but also for tracking any potential problems it has had through its service life, allowing for the best possible warranty support.

"We want to do everything we can to insure the integrity of each and every project manufactured by Smart Parts," says Smart Parts vice president Adam Gardner. "To assure complete reliability, only products with original serial numbers will be accepted for warranty service by authorized service centers."

Smart Parts has received several reliable reports that certain companies have sold Ions lacking serial numbers, telling their customers that warranty service would be provided through their business. Without serial numbers, the legal origin of these markers is in doubt and they are not eligible for Smart Parts warranty support. Be aware that any company selling Ions without serial numbers is not a Smart Parts authorized dealer or service center.

There is never a legitimate reason to ever remove a marker's serial number. Due to the very real possibility that it may be stolen property, Smart Parts recommends that any customer receiving an Ion, or other Smart Parts paintball marker without a serial number, immediately return the marker to the place or person from which it was purchased, and report the incident to Smart Parts.

"It is important that we all work together to eliminate improper business practices," said Gardner. "Helping to eliminate the sale of markers which are counterfeited or even stolen helps to protect all our customers."

Smart Parts, Inc., is a leading developer and manufacturer of equipment and accessories for the sport of paintball. For more information, visit www.SmartParts.com.

MAPCoordinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2006, 11:58 AM   #2
di$TOrTed
t3h p\/\/nz0r

Send a message via AIM to di$TOrTed
hhhmmm, i would like to know what companies they are talking about

My feedback

I'm getting the NDS tech site going again. ndspb.proboards.com PM me if you would like to help make tech tutorials to help out the paintball community.
di$TOrTed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 01:01 PM   #3
Evilpaintball13

Send a message via AIM to Evilpaintball13 Send a message via Yahoo to Evilpaintball13
wow i never knew there was a serial number on smart parts guns
Qev kit
S-rail
ON/off ASA valve
Q-lock
Teardrop Barrel (Getting Freak )
Razor Trigger(getting it soon)
Evilpaintball13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2006, 01:51 PM   #4
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
Then you've never had one. They're kind of infamous for being in too-visible places that make the gun look uglier. Ie, where they are on Shockers.
Old 12-08-2006, 03:48 PM   #5
inuyasharox4776
It's the E talking.

Send a message via AIM to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via MSN to inuyasharox4776 Send a message via Yahoo to inuyasharox4776
lol ase you upped a 2 month old thread.
inuyasharox4776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
Sam56
Meet the Decline.

Send a message via AIM to Sam56
He didn't up it, it's stickied.

SP Nerve
Nasty Impulse
04 prostock pump
E2'd ANS GX-4
Sam56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 10:38 AM   #7
bigreddastud
Space for Rent

This is a good position to take IMO. Make the crooks work a little harder if they stole the gun - serves them right.
bigreddastud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 05:07 PM   #8
Ego_Trip
I like Turtles!

this is why you should take pictures of your stuff. i wonder if anyone has gotton a marker with the same serial number as another one

Ego_Trip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 03:51 PM   #9
ase
"Paintball" is not a verb

Send a message via AIM to ase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ego_Trip View Post
I wonder if anyone has gotton a marker with the same serial number as another one
No. They are in numerical order, starting with 000001, ending with x. Given the 2 markers are the same make and brand, there's no way to get 2 identical serial numbers (which would defeat the primary purpose of the serial number, to make an item unique and distinguishable in case of a theft).
Old 01-14-2008, 04:11 PM   #10
f.r.a.n.t.i.c..

all i know about the ion is that it was hard as hello to find for the first time... i had to call sp to ask...but then i found it and got it registured...
f.r.a.n.t.i.c.. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 06:08 PM   #11
WillyW0nka
Registered Sex Offender

its engraved right under the barrel man, you have to look at it every time you put on the barrel...
WillyW0nka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2008, 08:17 AM   #12
tippmannguns

Thats cool I will check that out sometime
tippmannguns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:52 AM   #13
catman2

Smart Parts has received several reliable reports that certain companies have sold Ions lacking serial numbers, telling their customers that warranty service would be provided through their business. Without serial numbers, the legal origin of these markers is in doubt and they are not eligible for Smart Parts warranty support. Be aware that any company selling Ions without serial numbers is not a Smart Parts authorized dealer or service center.
catman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:18 AM   #14
loldongs
Banned

between the paintball courses we have a excell sheet containing markers with owner if a Ion whatever is stolen and someone is found with ion without serial well srry for him all courses partake in it and has worked effectively
loldongs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2010, 04:40 AM   #15
angel82

there are a lot of ways to track your lost items..could be through the serial numbers..or by its licensed papers..but best advised..just be careful and add extra care on it...
Old 01-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #16
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
well seeing as how this have been brought back to life Ill comment..
Quote:
Originally Posted by catman2 View Post
Incase anybody gets such a marker that doesnt have a SN on it and that isnt missing due to scratching out, milling, covering up or any other second hand manner. The first 21k units(guestimate) or so of the ION were actually made in korea. However when production came back to the SP facility the company that was making them previously didnt have SN's on a large portion of the inventory or keep any records as to what serial #'s were used. So when SP started making them there were issues of ions with duplicate SN's coming in for repair and not matching the records they previously had. This didnt come up as a red flag as first until my capt sent in multiple guns for service and the reports came back that they were to someone else. SP then looked into this and found that the other company originally made the mistakes.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego

Last edited by AmbushOrigin : 01-12-2010 at 12:28 PM.
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:36 PM   #17
Vieseeper

Send a message via ICQ to Vieseeper
Well, Im happy to say that I was introduced to a wonderful masbatx net]acai berry juice drink and my blood work went back to normal in sixty days and my chronci hip and knee pain is gone
Vieseeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 06:48 PM   #18
pjx

what year is my ion

number is 101198? can some one please tell me what year my gun is?
pjx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #19
anjordan77

Send a message via AIM to anjordan77
I guess smart parts doesn't care anymore about this stuff
anjordan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 06:01 AM   #20
G66 veteran G66
G66 veteran G66

i got a smartpart 1 and its a great gun but smartpart are not in sore now cause they have not enough monney