pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 06-03-2005, 05:09 AM   #41
Halo_pb_4_lyf
Death upon all u maggots

Send a message via AIM to Halo_pb_4_lyf
Thumbs up good way to etch

If want a clean nice good etch on your marker, expensive barrels(*note: DO NOT ETCH NEER THREADS OF BARREL) buy a $15-$30 engraver. You can get this at Home Depot or Lowes. What it has is a carbon tip that with spin extremley fast to make a slight engrave on metal. WORKS WELL you will have extremly good control with this
Old 07-15-2005, 03:17 AM   #42
TimberGhost0417

You guys might wanna try purchasing a sling. This way, your paintball marker is always hanging off your body. You never set your marker down since it's hanging off the sling and it's never more than a few inches from you.

About leaving your marker in your car.

Although it does make sense that if you always leave your stuff in your car, people might jack it, it doesn't really make sense BECAUSE if the parking lot isn't safe, you're whole car can get stolen. If the field doesn't care enough about the customers to protect your car, there's no point in going there. People don't just steal paintball gear, they'll steal your whole car. so if you're afraid of your stuff getting stolen from your car, then your car and your stereo system will get stolen as well.

ALSO, if you're good and you make some punks feel bad by owning them, they might bash your car so that goes back to the security issue. If your car isn't safe, you should go to another field. Plain and simple.

There is this local field which encourages stealing indirectly. They don't tell people to steal other people's stuff: It's an indoor place with NO storage such as lockers or anything. I asked the owner where I can put my stuff between games if I go there. He said there are tables to put your stuff. YA RIGHT, let me put all my gear on the table, walk away for 30 minutes and expect it to still be there. Naturally I didn't go to that field. No thanks. Takes my money but doesn't offer protection for my stuff, no thanks!!!

And for the serial #.

If you're the original purchaser of the marker this will work. However, if you purchase your marker used, chances are the original purchaser registered that marker in their name (which I did) so you might have a hard time saying it's yours unless you can prove that you purchased it from the original buyer.

I think I'm going to put that slip of paper with my info in the grip so they won't know it's there, but if it every gets stolen I can just open the grip up and bust them right there. Whoever brought that idea up, thanks buddy.

Last edited by TimberGhost0417 : 07-15-2005 at 03:30 AM.
TimberGhost0417 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2005, 03:57 PM   #43
pb4fun
#1 hitman... yea right...

We use a good old technique if someone catches you stealing something. We buy two cases of paint ( on the person who stole something of course). Take them up to the range and have target practice.

Blue to black 2K5 Alias Intimidator w/ many more upgrades than I can mention
Black 14" Scepter Barrel System
Halo B rip drive
PMI 68ci/4500
Reds blue tank cover
Proto 4 pod harness
Evil 05 pants
Proto Switch FS
Dye C5 jersey
Dye C4 gloves
pb4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2005, 03:57 PM   #44
UnseenSniper
Banned

i think if your actually dumb enough to leave a $350+ marker laying on a table or somewhere that is not secure then u probably deserve to get it stole.

but if i ever caught someone trying to jack my a5 id have to pull out my 4" blade i carry around, or id either beat the $~@# out of them myself.
UnseenSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2005, 03:36 PM   #45
naughtydogsrule
your gogged before u see

or you could get a backpack and a small carrying box and put some weight in it, lock it, then lock the zippers on your back pack so when thy get threw the backpack and open the box, they got nothin
naughtydogsrule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:24 PM   #46
runner31490

Send a message via AIM to runner31490
you complain about getting your marker stolen when your getting air, but they can fill your air tanks with out disconnecting them from your marker (air not co2)
runner31490 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:02 PM   #47
drtalent

Just dont trust anyone and you won't have this problem I got a 20$ J.T. mask stolen at the arena when I wasn't paying attention for a second now I carry my gun and proto switch with me and lock my bag with about 300 paint and a pepse. Easy solution dont be a slacker and carry 7 pounds of gear (anything of value

drtalent!!!!
I won something!
drtalent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2005, 06:41 PM   #48
mokalman
Banned

Send a message via AIM to mokalman
Quote:
Originally Posted by runner31490
you complain about getting your marker stolen when your getting air, but they can fill your air tanks with out disconnecting them from your marker (air not co2)

Really? Explain.
mokalman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2005, 03:06 PM   #49
Dye9191
Dye for Paintball

Send a message via AIM to Dye9191
Heres two things. When you buy off the internet make saure its driving distance. The best way is to just pick it up and actually see the object and plus you don't have to worry of losing you money in the mail.

Then if your selling it make the person pick it up or just meet have way.
Dye9191 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 06:46 PM   #50
pouliot33
Banned

ok...who the hell would leave there gun on a table with no one watching it?if i was at a tournament or at lets say fusion paintball...i wouldnt leave my gun there..i would brg it with me, ask my friend to watch it, buy a chaine to lock my suitcase with a lock on the table...or pb fields should just provide lockers and a lock!!!! wouldnt that make things easier..
pouliot33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2005, 03:12 PM   #51
RazorTip360

Thanks, real help
RazorTip360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 12:26 PM   #52
lightemup99
paintball enthusiast

if someone trys to take my gun and i catch them theyll with theyhad never seen my gun ( brass nuckles work well) lol
lightemup99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:46 PM   #53
EMPIR3balla4747

mokalan- nitro can be filled while its still on the gun because most, if not all of them have a nozzle on the side which allows filling while on the gun.
EMPIR3balla4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 05:47 PM   #54
EMPIR3balla4747

anyways thanks for the tips guys. I kinda like the 2 cases of paint idea. Except I'd make it 3 cases and tie them to a wall with no equipment on.
EMPIR3balla4747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 02:25 PM   #55
pjoyce91
pjoyce91

nice review

just like to say, good review man, to menohl. i'll be sure to keep my cocker black magic safe with me at all times. i'd be pissed if someone took my gun. thanks for the tips!
pjoyce91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2006, 03:37 PM   #56
Armymann

Send a message via AIM to Armymann
if someone tried to sel my marker

i always hav a knife on me and i lock my gun up btw on the title steal not sel
halo b
dye tank
PROTO
SPORTSMANS CENTER PB!!!!! HELL YEA
www.myspace.com/pbkidd69 add me as a
Armymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2006, 09:31 PM   #57
Tippy674

my two cents

i'm sure someone has posted this, but im too lazy to scan the topic.
Why does everyone think u need a GOOD marker for someone to steal it. For example. if somekid leaves a Spyder TL-X on the ground, someone with some $1000 gun could still take it and sell it online. So the kid has nothing, and the "thief" has an expensive gun, AND serious cash.

Last edited by Tippy674 : 04-19-2006 at 06:15 PM.
Tippy674 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2006, 12:24 PM   #58
warrior_7

excellant point
now every ony say it with me do-not-leave-your-marker-laying-on-the-ground good job
warrior_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2006, 06:14 AM   #59
Mbsbl16

number one..Timberghost, if they were going to break into ur car it makes perfect sense that they would steal just your paintball equipment. Its small enough to take and at a field its not gonna be the most obvious thing. Noone is going to suspect someone walking around with a paintball gun to be a thief at a paintball field. and no they would not jack ur car...a small gun versus a huge car. big difference, especially in the amount of police that will be chasing you. plus most cars can be traced via satellite. and Unseen Sniper with your 4" blade... all i hafta say to u is get a bigger knife. end of the story, dont leave ur stuff laying around. its just stupid and senseless but if u have enuf faith in mankind, be my guest and leave ur gun on the ground while u run off to say hello to one of ur friends or fill up ur CO2, just dont go around crying when u realize that ur gun has been picked up by someone else
Old 05-04-2006, 09:32 AM   #60
g35x
Custom User Title here

Send a message via AIM to g35x
if ur guns electro and you gota leave it somewhere take the grips off and strew tools around so it looks like it's broke
then again someone can still take and sell a broken gun

g35x is offline   Reply With Quote