pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > News > Stolen Equipment

Old 03-08-2007, 07:46 AM   #101
lespaul_rentals
Paintball Newb

It's all about the buddy system. If you go to a paintball field alone and leave your crap in the loading station, it's risky. But if you have one or two friends with you, they can stay by your bags and clean up while you get more air, etc.

Also, choose your field wisely. If you associate yourself with a field that is filled with a bunch of dishonest thieves, not only will your gear get stolen, but the people there won't take it seriously, or may even help the culprit. However, if you go to a place with helpful, friendly players, they'll keep an eye out for you.
lespaul_rentals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 01:01 PM   #102
paintballn29

oh man would i ever leave my gun out of my sight. when i get my tank refilled, i keep the tank on, and they fill it up with the tank on. i never ever ever ever leave it out of my sight. well, besides school, but i know it's safe in my room. haha how funny would it be if someone stole my gun and then sold it on ebay and i was looking for a new gun one day and looked where he lived, his name, and everything, that would be so hilarious. my ion is worth well over $700. i put a lot of effort into my baby and i am not ever letting it go.

Last edited by paintballn29 : 03-30-2007 at 01:05 PM.
paintballn29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 05:47 PM   #103
Omniscient
/c/ has fallen

Wow. This entire thread needs spell checked. I fried brain cells at the 6th post.
kwalski says:
we could burn the corneas of the terrorists with the contents of Eff's harddrive....
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2007, 06:24 PM   #104
a_kraker99

dfas
a_kraker99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:11 AM   #105
stomoflick

wow i never let my gun outa my site
stomoflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2007, 08:13 AM   #106
stomoflick

lol
stomoflick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 12:31 PM   #107
willy666
Protector of Uranus!

Thumbs up Good ideas, man

That's it, im gonna be doing some of that stuff, i like the etching idea!
willy666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2007, 11:54 AM   #108
(SpC)ace448

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menohl View Post
OK, either this will get stickyed or this will get deleted. Most people would say that this is all common sense, but apparantly it is NOT because they are the main reasons people are getting their gear stolen.

1. DO NOT LEAVE YOUR MARKER LAYING AROUND WHEN YOU GET AN AIR REFILL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 of the last 3 threads were the same thing "I layed my marker down and went to get an air refil and when i came back it was gone" Pick up your marker and take it with you, its not that difficult.

Look at it this way... Would you leave $800 laying out in front of 2 dozen strangers and simply walk away? NO!!! So why would you leave a $500-$800 marker laying around and walk away?!?

2. Spend $40 and get a good locking Storage container. That way your masks, gloves, markers, parts, tanks, etc... are secure and locked up if you do want to walk away from them.

There are several people at my field that have lockboxes with steel cable lanyards so they can not only lock up their gear, but they can secure it to the picnic tables so no one simply picks up the lockbox and walk away with it.

3. Storing gear in vehicles... If you store you marker gear in your vehicle all the time STOP DOING THIS!!! if people find out, your car will get broken into.

When you have your gear in your vehicle do not put it somewhere that it will not be visible from the outside (on the seat, on the rear seat) If someone walks by and see's that nice shiny timmy or cocker, you are almost always going to come back to a brick through the window and missing gear.

Put the equipment in your trunk, or under a seat where you can't see it. If you have a lockbox with a teather like i've already suggested, teather the box to the seat mounts so the box cannot be removed.

4. Take out a camera and take several pics of your marker with all its gear (aka hopper, bottle, etc...) Take a picture with you holding it, then take a picture of the SERIAL NUMBER!!!! then write the serial number down and store the pics and the serial number in a safe place. That way if your marker does get stolen, you can prove that its yours, and you have pictures to show people exactly what it looks like.

5. Take out a etcher and etch your name or initials on your marker.This doesn't even have to be on the outside of the marker, break it down and etch it somewhere on the inside that isn't going to hurt anyone. This way you have a mark hidden or visible that will once again prove that its your marker. (i have a 98C and i have my name etched on the handle frame under the rubber grips so if its stolen the person won't know its marked, but when i find it and take off the rubber grip there's the proof that its mine)

Hopefully people read this and actually listen. If more people would follow these 5 items there would be alot less posts in this forum, and i'm sure of those who would still post, more people would be getting their markers back.

Heres another, At tournaments we always have and extra person who fills pods between games, they watch our stuff and provide a pressence. Also look out for people who arent regulars, they will most likely be stealing your stuff.
(SpC)ace448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 05:32 PM   #109
hardcoreman112

i only have an ion but im always carrying it around its not the renters that scare me its the people with there pump action brass eagles walking around looking at our guns that we worked hard to get unlike the kids that got theres for chrismas
hardcoreman112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2007, 04:13 PM   #110
buckus386
The Blue Hair Guru Guy

Send a message via AIM to buckus386
thanx for the tips....
buckus386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 06:01 PM   #111
maska99

I didnt know angels need keys.

learn something new all the time.
maska99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 11:39 AM   #112
AJsfree2toke16
Banned

man that suck for ur gat 2 get stolen..
AJsfree2toke16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:16 AM   #113
weman

I live in New Zealand so nothing gets stolen but just in case i have a bike lock
and lock it to the bench at my local field
weman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 07:19 PM   #114
JwdenV

Smile

If you know the field owner and trust him like i can you can ask if he wouldn't mind if you left your stuff in the shop where the staff can watch. (i realize this might not work in alot of cases, but for some it is worth a try)
JwdenV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 01:37 PM   #115
Noltz

Definitely going to go and pick up a locking case and cable after reading this. While nothing is theft proof, making mine harder to steal than the next guys is the best defense. Even if it's a entry $200 marker, it's still mine.
Olive VForce Vantage

Noltz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2008, 08:13 PM   #116
pugads650

yup yup
pugads650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2008, 04:11 PM   #117
burtonriderx93x

what i do is use one of the plastic cases dbx paint came in (dont know if you can still get it).. these cases have a lock hole but it isn't big enough for a normal pad lock i drilled the hole bigger and it worked but you can still open it enough to get your hand in and take whats in it so i drilled another hold on the opposite side of the latch into the case through the top that opens and then again through the holder part you can get two locks on it and can't open it then plastic is very hard to crack and you can just use a bike lock and lock the case to a table or whatever
burtonriderx93x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 06:03 PM   #118
iGreek

Pretty much common knowledge.
iGreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 08:44 AM   #119
ngleichman

what is an 'angel key'?
ngleichman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 12:33 PM   #120
themccannman

i work at my local field so i know everybody there and we look out for eachother, also you should keep your air tank attached to your gun when you go to fill up, why would you take it off just to fill it?
themccannman is offline   Reply With Quote