pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Old 10-03-2004, 08:22 PM   #181
Streaks
That moving bush was me!

Quote:
[i]
thanks to a little thing called wind resistance, ie friction.
as a result, the ball is technically slowing down from the moment it stops its forward acceleration--when the gas is no longer propelling it forward or generally the moment it leaves the barrel

[/b]

^^^^^^^ !!!!!!!!!!!!

What he said And if that doesn't boggle your mind, the same rule is true for every kind of projectile. So even rifle bullets, pistol bullets, TANK rounds, etc etc

REVISED!:
Setup:
2001 Autococker (side feed)
AKA Sidewinder inline reg. AKA Tornado valve AKA Lightning bolt AKA LP spring set AKA stainless pump arm (straight) Palmer Micro Rock, front reg. Palmer female Stabilizer Jackel front block Kapp Reflex hinge (1st gen) Belsales HP 3-way Freeflow ram w/QEV's and suppressors FreeFlow ram Generic angled drop (search eBay for "universal drop") Shocktech hammer (stainless/copper) Lapco Wedge (front of tank up) Lapco barrel set: BigShot, AutoSpirit, MicroShot 16" Evil Pipe 20oz Co2, no antisiphon 12v revy which I am outshooting! runs about 280+fps @ 230psi

My new NewToMe toy:
2002 AKALMP Excalibur
Green acid wash, AKA razor trigger, Vaporworks Pandora board, 16" Pipe kit (OK, I caved, it just looks so sweet, like a big spear head..but it's for sale), 12" Lapco AutoSpirit, MicroShot, BigShot and soon PicoShot, Halo-B, CMI Tactical drop forward, Crossfire 88/4500 (red)
Streaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2004, 06:01 PM   #182
p8ntballer77
boo ya

Send a message via AIM to p8ntballer77
i have a few questions after reading all that ... on my piranha (e-force ext) barrel it goes to a bigger bore after like 7in and on my freak it has only 5 in. of bore (the inserts )to accelerate. the total length of my freak is a little over 15 in and it has the aa front but i tried my friend's dad's very small tear drop front and it was so much more accurate. also same as the piranha barrel why do they go from the small bore to big other then for acceleration. one more thing i can see a longer barrel may be better like on a one piece but how about on a freak since it only has 5 in long inserts for acceleration and the longer front would mess things up. so IMO and experience the shorter front for a freak is better if any one can give me some knowledge on it ill appreciate it .. thanks to everyone for there knowledge... i can now go prove all those big bad people at the fields wrong about barrels now.

Matt
Old 11-05-2004, 06:03 PM   #183
p8ntballer77
boo ya

im srry guys for the double post but how come they say closed bolt markers are more accurate then open bolts beacuse im thinking of getting a shocker.. thanks again and srry for the double

matt
Old 11-05-2004, 06:18 PM   #184
Empyre
Erus Ex Letum

Send a message via AIM to Empyre
...this thread might've been stickied if it wasn't for the 100 some odd responses it had...
Empyre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2004, 01:01 AM   #185
CoolT

Quote:
Originally posted by p8ntballer77
i have a few questions after reading all that ... on my piranha (e-force ext) barrel it goes to a bigger bore after like 7in and on my freak it has only 5 in. of bore (the inserts )to accelerate. the total length of my freak is a little over 15 in and it has the aa front but i tried my friend's dad's very small tear drop front and it was so much more accurate. also same as the piranha barrel why do they go from the small bore to big other then for acceleration. one more thing i can see a longer barrel may be better like on a one piece but how about on a freak since it only has 5 in long inserts for acceleration and the longer front would mess things up. so IMO and experience the shorter front for a freak is better if any one can give me some knowledge on it ill appreciate it .. thanks to everyone for there knowledge... i can now go prove all those big bad people at the fields wrong about barrels now.

Matt
Learn to type, spell, and form sentences before you make a thread with that.

Quote:
im srry guys for the double post but how come they say closed bolt markers are more accurate then open bolts beacuse im thinking of getting a shocker.. thanks again and srry for the double

matt
It's a myth that closed bolt guns are more accurate than open bolt markers, they both shoot the same.

Quote:
Originally posted by Empyre
...this thread might've been stickied if it wasn't for the 100 some odd responses it had...
It is in the stickies.

Now, stop posting. This thread is in the stickies for a reason, it doesn't need useless clutter at the end with stupid comments and questions. If you have a question, make a new thread on it.
Old 11-06-2004, 08:18 AM   #186
Streaks
That moving bush was me!

Quote:

Matt

The 5" back unit is the control bore, it's what causes the ball to accellerate. Once it leaves that section and starts into the "tip", the ball is actually in free flight and starting to slow down (i.e. it isn't TOUCHING anything). It's like this for ANY two piece that uses a larger bore (show me one that doesn't).

For most speedball ranges, 5-8" is all one needs for length in a control bore, so the two piece units work just fine. I shoot at a lot longer ranges, and I use a lower pressure marker. So I like having a longer control bore to get full accelleration, AND more stability by allowing the ball to be in contact with the bore for a longer time. I use Lapco one piece barrels (PicoShot, MicroShot, AutoSpirit, BigShot, and MegaShot(coming soon)), this way I have all the calibers covered

All the "tips" do is help to reduce muzzle report and to help bleed gas away from the front and back of the ball as it travels. This does help in accuracy to an extent. But mostly it's just to make the marker have a softer report IMO.

REVISED!:
Setup:
AKA Sidewinder inline reg. AKA Tornado valve AKA Lightning bolt AKA LP spring set AKA stainless pump arm (straight) Palmer Micro Rock, front reg. Palmer female Stabilizer Jackel front block Kapp Reflex hinge (1st gen) Belsales HP 3-way Freeflow ram w/QEV's and suppressors FreeFlow ram Generic angled drop (search eBay for "universal drop") Shocktech hammer (stainless/copper) Lapco Wedge (front of tank up) Lapco barrel set: BigShot, AutoSpirit, MicroShot 16" Evil Pipe 20oz Co2, no antisiphon 12v revy which I am outshooting! runs about 280+fps @ 230psi

My new NewToMe toy:
2002 AKALMP Excalibur
Green acid wash, AKA razor trigger, Vaporworks Pandora board, 16" Pipe kit (OK, I caved, it just looks so sweet, like a big spear head..but it's for sale), 12" Lapco AutoSpirit, MicroShot, BigShot and soon PicoShot, Halo-B, CMI Tactical drop forward, Crossfire 88/4500 (red)
Old 11-06-2004, 02:51 PM   #187
p8ntballer77
boo ya

thanks streaks.. cool t
Quote:
Now, stop posting. This thread is in the stickies for a reason, it doesn't need useless clutter at the end with stupid comments and questions. If you have a question, make a new thread on it.
well you just contributed to the stupid comments with that one and all my spelling is perfect its called spell check buddy everything in my last post was spelled right... apparently streaks understood what i asked.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:46 AM   #188
Streaks
That moving bush was me!

I think the grammar that upset him more than any spelling Some people have a big pet peeve with that sorta thing. *shrugs*

REVISED!:
Setup:

My new NewToMe toy:
2002 AKALMP Excalibur
Old 05-11-2005, 09:22 AM   #189
triniman

i really like what you guys are saying. But...
I would like to know an ideal barrel for a sniper/very barrel. Just tell me pros and cons etc. It should be under $150. And is O2 better than CO2 and N2. Also do we need to instal a system for an O2 tank.
triniman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 09:51 AM   #190
reneirwolf878

Send a message via AIM to reneirwolf878
Quote:
Originally posted by triniman
i really like what you guys are saying. But...
I would like to know an ideal barrel for a sniper/very barrel. Just tell me pros and cons etc. It should be under $150. And is O2 better than CO2 and N2. Also do we need to instal a system for an O2 tank.
Sniper/very barrel? I'll go ahead and say that there is no such thing as a sniper barrel. Pick a barrel that you like the looks of somewhere between the lengths of 12"-16". I'm going to recommend a 16" since you want to "sharpshoot" and that should be long enough to poke through bushes and shurbs.

As for the very barrel, I think you should look at what you typed.

As for the gas questions:

My chemistry is rough but isn't O2 just oxygen? They don't fill tanks with pure oxygen because oxygen goes boom.

And the very last question you wrote makes no sense. Rewrite them and then post in the correct forum this time.
reneirwolf878 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2005, 11:54 AM   #191
Streaks
That moving bush was me!

What marker do you have?
What brand of paint do you shoot most?

As for barrels that give superb long range accuracy, I reccomend Lapco one piece barrels. They make several bore sizes that you need to match up to your paint.

BigShot = .689"
AutoSpirit = .687"
MicroShot = .684"

Accuracy at range is the biproduct of a consistant marker (a good regulator, high flowing parts, etc), and a proper paint to barrel match, as well as quality paint and steady hands.

A barrel with as much unported control bore helps as well. And this is were Lapco's shine.

Don't just buy the largest bore you can and then use the "it'll feed anything!" theory, ya that's great if you ever only shoot at 30-60' away But if you want to be able to say, drill a 2x4 for 7 out of 10 shots at 130'? Then get a Lapco and feed it properly matched paint.

I can't believe this thread is still around!

REVISED!:
Setup:

My new NewToMe toy:
2002 AKALMP Excalibur