pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Barrels and Paint

Old 12-30-2001, 05:18 PM   #21
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

no you cannot mount the site wihout the lapco sharkgill mount raill for the m98 but its only 15 bucks

the bigshot is ok at mid ranges, but at long ranges the accuracy seem to get better

if you keep the shroud on the gun even when its not in use, the fornt site spring will get damaged, so afternyour done using the ugn for the day if you have a flatline, take off the entier barrel and adaptor

m98 with SET (short as electric) trigger and CFU (choice fire unit)
this gun is alll pnuematic.
sp teardrop

cocker 2001 with benchmark frame and exel barrel

STUPIDITY SHOULD BE PAINFUL .

THE STUPID PEOPLE ARE BREDDING FASTER THAN THE REST OF US HEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!
high adjucator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2001, 06:36 PM   #22
mattsky911

Lightbulb

i have heard from many people that the backspin on the ball from the curved design on the flatline causes many of the balls that hit a soft target, such as a person, from long range bounce off making the long range obsolete. I have no personal experience but my advice is borrow a friends if you can and see if you are satisfied... Just something to look out for.
mattsky911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2002, 08:36 AM   #23
Chad51

My New Barrel!

Ok so I went shopping and I ended up getting a J&J Performance. I have read almost all good things about them and the store didn't have the Bigshot so I went with the J&J. Anyways I got home and start to try it in my backyard. I was so excited about having a new barrel that I expected to have fairly good accuracy at a better range then my Tippmann Stock barrel. It didn' seem to shoot any different then my Stock except it was dead silent! After about 25-30 shots I ran out of CO2 so my marker couldn't recock itself. Would this be the reason my marker wasn't preforming any better? I was kinda disapointed that I got a new barrel then I ran out of CO2 after 25-30 shots. I also wont probably be able to get my CO2 filled until next Tuesday. (Posibly longer)

Well what do you think? Is it the barrel is not really any better then my stock? Or is it that it just wouldn't show with low CO2?
Chad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 12:36 PM   #24
Saiyan_warrior

Send a message via Yahoo to Saiyan_warrior
Its probably your paint. Try a new batch
Sunday, February 17 -- Quote of the day -- Remember......there is 3 types of people in the world...Ones that watch things happen. Ones that make things happen & Ones that wonder what the hell happened!

Looking for a used piranha hyperframe!
Saiyan_warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 03:36 PM   #25
Chad51

Well I did notice I wasn't getting as much pressure as I should have been out of it the balls started to drop off at about 70 feet! I think the problem was my CO2. As far as the paint goes I checked it with my barrel it fit snug but not tight. I will still try a new batch when I get my CO2 filled to see if it makes a difference.

Anyways thanks for all of the help guys!!!!!
Chad51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2002, 05:18 PM   #26
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

I HAVE PROOF THT THE FLATLINE DOES SHOOT SLOWER !!!!!

velocity equals change in distance x change in time. this means that a flatline barrel has a higher close range velocity than other guns because the ball travels farther and takes longer. Well even with the bernoulli effect (which is the principle of the flatline) the flatline does float to its target, making it travel slower, mening its technical flight velocity lower than all other barrels at the same muzzle velocity

basically, it goes farther, bu the trade off in time is more than the distance, so it has a technical lower velocity

sp teardrop

THE STUPID PEOPLE ARE BREDDING FASTER THAN THE REST OF US HEEEEEEEEELLLLPPPPPP!!!!!!
Old 01-02-2002, 09:04 PM   #27
FlyBoyNZ
Motorized Chair Mafia

Send a message via AIM to FlyBoyNZ
with a flatline, dont you have to keep the gun perfectly upright or the ball will have angled spin instead of a spin of 90 degrees?
FlyBoyNZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2002, 12:17 AM   #28
HaZrD Boy 00
www.Pbfreak.net

flatline

I know how to m,ake homemade flatlines that work just as well as the tippman
HaZrD Boy 00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2002, 11:34 PM   #29
MikeTippyMan
Meh, Texas sucks...

When I tried spinning a glass of water with ice in it, the ice moved with the water. Is there something wrong with my cup, water, or ice?

SL 68 2
14" JJ Ceramic

2k2 Cocker
(lots of stuff)

AutoMag RT
(even more stuff)
MikeTippyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 12:29 AM   #30
HampsterFist
How do my balls taste?

Send a message via AIM to HampsterFist
I got a question concerning rifled barrels. Aight well we all know that rifling a barrel will increase accuracy in a regular real bullet by stabilizing it as it send the bullet out in a spiraling motion.

My question is this, do rifled barrels make any difference in shot stability for paintball? Cause real bullets are solid, and spiraling them out helps greatly, but paintballs are pretty much liquid filled round shells. Is it better to have a smooth bore, or rifled bore barrel? Please respond with facts and examples, not just trash talk. Thanx

~HampsterFist
HampsterFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2002, 03:41 PM   #31
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

rifling only works in open bolt guns to stabaliz the ball, in closed bolt guns, it does nothing because a paintball will catch the rifling but it is not enough to do anything special

sp teardrop

Old 01-12-2002, 05:00 PM   #32
OneArmedScissor
My buddy Tron

Send a message via AIM to OneArmedScissor
he meant that if you put something like a spoon in a glass of water and spun it...
OneArmedScissor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2002, 07:40 PM   #33
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

first off you wud spin the glass.

ever notice the ice moves with the cup, then even when i cup stops moving the ice continues

sp teardrop

Old 01-18-2002, 06:45 PM   #34
gato
Banned

Ball going out barrel cause low pressure behind ball. Porting help funnel air to even the pressure behind the ball causing less turb so the ball goes straighter.
gato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2002, 05:55 AM   #35
steve davidson

Most Accurate Barrel in the World

Those who are poking fun at Pro-Team Products/Armsons advertising catch line - "The Most Accurate Barrel in the World!" are failing to heed their own advice when disparaging it: if, as they claim (following a lot of fairly good information regarding barrel performance and physics, although all of it is not entirely correct), that NO barrel is the 'perfect' barrel for all paints, guns, conditions, etc., it is entirely legitimate for Armson to make its claim of 'the most accurate'.

What that statement implies is that you can not purchase a more accurate barrel - and based on the read of the comments in here - that is an absolutely true statement; you can't get a more accurate barrel than an Armson.

Equally accurate? Perhaps. More? Nope.

Just thought you guys ought to give that a little thought.
Old 01-26-2002, 08:04 AM   #36
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

it IS possible for a barrel to have less acuraccy. the finsh is insuperior, the ball dont fit as well as well as a few other factors (slickness of the material). the only thing the armson barrel can deliver is more range. and that is a misleading factor as well. the only way a shot can have more accuracy is if it has a higher trajectory (up to 45degress) or it has a spin. (bernoulli's or magnus effect)

and it is possible to have a breel that IS or SEEMS TO BE more accurate. If the barrel is made better, then it will be more accurate. plain and simple. and a longer barrel gives the effect of better accuracy beacuse the barrel length helps you line up your shots better.

pardon my grammatical errors.

sp teardrop

Old 01-27-2002, 12:59 AM   #37
HampsterFist
How do my balls taste?

Send a message via AIM to HampsterFist
well I wouldn't exactly say the longer the barrel the greater the length. For example, I've seen peeps with 16 to 21 inch barrels get horrid range... there is such a thing as "too long" since after a certain length the ball will cease acceleration and simply begin to slow down. The longest barrel I would recomend would be a 14" since lengthy barrels make the gun begin to handle poorly in CQB situations. But it all depends on you really, there are many barrel types and brands out there, you got spiral rifled, parrarel rifled, angled (flatline), smooth bore, each has different characteristics. My advice is simply choose your barrel according to your style, get used to it, and just make sure you can hit what you aim at. Thats all I have to say.
HampsterFist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2002, 06:13 AM   #38
steve davidson

more on barrels

Adjudicator wrote: "it IS possible for a barrel to have less acuraccy. the finsh is insuperior, the ball dont fit as well as well as a few other factors (slickness of the material). the only thing the armson barrel can deliver is more range. and that is a misleading factor as well. the only way a shot can have more accuracy is if it has a higher trajectory (up to 45degress) or it has a spin. (bernoulli's or magnus effect)

and it is possible to have a breel that IS or SEEMS TO BE more accurate. If the barrel is made better, then it will be more accurate. plain and simple. and a longer barrel gives the effect of better accuracy beacuse the barrel length helps you line up your shots better. "

And I have no idea what you are tyring to say.

Perhaps you need to take a look at an armson barrel before commenting: "insuperior' finish? I suppose that you meant to say 'not a good finish'. if that is the case, I beg to differ; those barrels have among the best finish in the industry.

'Ball don't fit well'? How about trying to get some decent paint?

Longer barrels do not give you better range or accuracy; too long and they negatively affect performance and gas efficiency and increase the chance for a ball break.

If you are among those who believe that the spiral rifling imparts spin to the ball, again, you are mistaken; the rifling is there to enhance the seal behind the ball, giving greater consistancy and efficiency shot per shot.

The only real thing that taking advantage of the bernoulli effect does for you is rob your ball of energy by the time it gets to target; it may float, but it lands like a feather. I'll take those kinds of bouncers all day...

Steve
Old 01-27-2002, 01:50 PM   #39
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

i knew the bernoulli effect makes it go slower!

i didnt say the armson barrel hatta insuperior finsih!
i said some barrels do. like the truflight.

what if you CANT get better paint???

the rifling does impart a spin on the ball. not muich but still a spin.
the rifling makes no idfference in shot to shot conistency. how does that matter?

i dint say longetr barrel are more accurate! from my opinion theyre worse. they just SEEM to be see?

sp teardrop

Old 01-29-2002, 04:29 PM   #40
high adjucator
knowledgeable person

and p.s i own a armson proseries barrel for my m98.

it is my second mst accurate barrel next to the teardrop when firing diablo (i hate that crap) blaze

sp teardrop