pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Ariakon

Old 09-25-2006, 04:37 PM   #1
JFK4538

Angry ACP, the worst gun in the world!

So, I'm gonna say right off the bat that I made a huge mistake buying my ACP this year. I live in Canada and came down to Washington State for a family reunion. While we were down my brother and I checked out the local paintball supplier and I picked up my ACP which was supposed to come w/ holster and spare mag. Great price on a good product I thought, as one of my buddies has one that worked awesome until a little while ago. It had nice accuracy and got a decent amount of shots per 12 gram. So, the store owner hands me an ACP and a holster, says sorry, he has no more mags but would order one from Ariakon and call when it came in. It has been over 2 months now, still no mag. No big deal to me as I realize shipping takes a while and orders need to be processed.

I was a little annoyed when I changed out my first 12 gram, and along with the 12 gram comes the pierce pin seal. Again not a big deal as I have read that's a problem for the ACP, we push it back in nice and tight and it only comes out once in a while.

The thing that really ticks me off is when after I put about 30-50 rounds through it, it stops working entirely. Won't fire at a fps high enough to push the ball more than 3 feet out the barrel, won't recock and starts burping every time you pull the trigger. I take it apart and the main spring has managed to bend completely in half, I now have a a V shaped Spring after less than a hundred rounds. I have Spider clones at home that are over 10 years old, well used and still on the same springs.

I start calling all the shops in the Vancouver area and none of them carry Ariakon parts (wonder why?). I've taken it into 2 different shops and no one can find out what's wrong with it. Drive the 3 hours back to the shop I bought it from, the owner fiddles with it for 5 mins and it works again. He orders a new spring to replace the busted *** one but thinks it should work fine now. Hallelujah! I drive back home and go to play next day, sure thing, it goes back to the gear box because it doesn't want to recock again.

Forgive me for the rant, but I am a little frustrated at having spent a LOT of money purchasing this marker and then trying to get it to work, which I don't think shows very good quality control by this company. So this is my heads up to anyone looking into picking up an ACP in the future, be prepared to be dissapointed, as I am not the only paintballer in my area to have had problems with the ACP. All our local shops told me they have stopped carrying Ariakon because they got tired of losing money fixing brand new guns.
JFK4538 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 08:43 AM   #2
Taianonni
his tracks are made

I hear that ariakon has excellent customer service, and is quite helpful/supportive, did you try contacting the company directly about your problems?
Old 09-26-2006, 02:02 PM   #3
Sgt._Slaughter
Inspector Gadget

I thought you already sorted out your problems (at least with Ariakon, not the dealer.) At least you finaly ordered the parts, right?

If you need any help drop me a pm or whatever, and I'll gladly help you out .