pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 01-21-2005, 10:10 PM   #1
Count DeMoney
Its good to be the king

Future Plans

in the near future i plan on buying a new marker. Electro, mid-high end, ...moving up. I've looked around and found that I can get a 04 bko brand new for around 270! Thats a great price for something other than spyder or tippman or other low end guns. With the bko, are they easy to maintain/disassemble? Are they durable? Are they upgradable? I've read somewhere on these forums that the barrels use autococker threads, so that means I can use barrels meant for cockers right? Also I heard on these forums that they have numerous problems ranging from leaks to worn threads. Give me some reasons to buy a bko.

Marker Setup:
--------------------
Spyder TL-X
14" CP 1-piece
V-Force Shield
12 oz Co2
coming soon:
dye sticky grips
Count DeMoney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 PM   #2
Avery_mac
Banned

honslty wait

till march 2005 bkos come out

with pds stock (pds=eyes .. no chopping)

and its smaller and a way better design
Avery_mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2005, 10:38 PM   #3
CaptainFuzzy
It's gonna BUST

Send a message via AIM to CaptainFuzzy
and also, USE ZEE STICKAEES!!!
Old 01-22-2005, 12:21 AM   #4
DYE_PB44
Team Most Hated

Send a message via AIM to DYE_PB44
if you dont wanna wait for the 2005 to come out i would go with the 2004 bko. it would be cheaper. they are pretty easy to maintain. like all high-end guns they will give you alittle trouble, but not to much. Get a halo to because this gun is pretty fast, and the should help prevent chops, but you still might get them. Oh and you will probably wanna get a HPA tank, but you can get a steal one for $75.
Eclipse LPR
CP Reg

www.portlandpaintball.us
www.weekendwarriorsnw.com
www.splataction.com
www.warpaintinternational.com
DYE_PB44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2005, 07:23 AM   #5
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
With the bko, are they easy to maintain/disassemble?
yep. easy to take apart. its a good idea to lube the regs and ram every several months depending on how often you play, its very easy to do. This is the exact same kind of maintenance that you would be doing with any other electropneumatic gun as well, so if you're comparing it to other electros it is exactly the same maintenance-wise. Check the FAQ, it has a section about lubing your gun.
Quote:
Are they durable?
yep. not like a Tippmann, but they are as durable as any other gun out there besides a tippmann.
Quote:
I've read somewhere on these forums that the barrels use autococker threads, so that means I can use barrels meant for cockers right?
right.
Quote:
Also I heard on these forums that they have numerous problems ranging from leaks to worn threads
As far as worn threads go, I doubt it since BKO's are made using 6063 aluminum, which is pretty hard. I havent had any worn threads on my Bushy. People just like to claim that the BKO is a low-quality gun because it has such a low price, even though this is not true at all. As far as leaks, if you maintain your gun it wont leak. Again, this applies to any electro-pneumatic gun. The BKO is no more likely to leak than a Timmy, Impulse, Shocker, etc. The reason many ppl say it leaks is because since it is so inexpensive, alot of younger kids who dont know anything about maintaining their gun buy BKO's and then dont take care of it and it leaks because they dont read their owners manual.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote