pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Indian Creek Designs

Old 11-18-2004, 05:57 PM   #1
ShootPaint
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to ShootPaint
Test Results are in!!!!

Ok here is the scoop on how the test was preformed.

A 2K4 ND FS with HE Bolt kit and a ACI BD III 68/45 tank was the base marker and tank for this test. We made no adjustments to the regs so all bolts could be tested across a level field. The marker was chrono'd for a baseline reading. We then cycled the marker 100 shots at a time and then rechrono'd. After 1000 psi was shot the marker was chronoed and the shot count totaled. FPS readings are averages of the 9 shots.

The HPR was set at roughly 325 PSI and the LPR was set to cause the bolt to recock just beyond the feed neck.

Here is what we saw.

Gen 2 Valve and bolt
HPR Pressure: 320 psi
FPS: 278
Shot Count: 150 per 1000psi

SPHE1 (this is the original HE Kit in my marker not the current version)
FPS: 316
Shot Count: 130 per 1000psi

ICD HE Bolt Kit
FPS: 285
Shot Count: 200 per 1000psi

SPHE2 (this is the newest kit, the one pictured)
HPR Pressure:320 psi
FPS: 331
Shot Count: 150 per 1000 psi.

At first this seems very discouraging. I however decided to do some more testing. Everything was based off of the HE bolt kit that came stock in the ND FS. I decided that I would try basing this same test off of my bolt kit. Here are the results for that test.

SPHE1 (original bolt kit)
HPR Pressure: 240 psi
Shot count 155 per 1000 psi

Gen 2 Valve and bolt
FPS: 219
Shot Count: Not taken because marker couldnt come up to at least 280 FPS.

ICD HE Bolt Kit
FPS: 234
Shot Count: Not taken because marker couldnt come up to at least 280 FPS.

SPHE2 (current bolt kit pictured)
Shot Count: 215 per 1000 psi

So as you can see from the tests above the SPHEFS Kit will give you the same basic preformance as the ICD HE Kit but it does it at roughly 70-80 psi less on the HPR.
no silly, Greg is ICD God. Who do you think makes all the Bushmasters? Shootpaint is like the ICD Jesus, cultivating the minds of the faithful and spreading the word throughout the unenlightened masses .
Except not quite as jewish.
(to any real live jews out there, I'm jk, its all in good fun )
ShootPaint.com for all your ICD needs.
Factory Trained and authorized ICD Tech.

1) Custom FreeStyle solid blue ano with Silver highlights
2) Custom Solid Red FreeStyle Bone stock)
3) B2K

Last edited by ShootPaint : 11-18-2004 at 06:04 PM.
ShootPaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2004, 06:05 PM   #2
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Re: Test Results are in!!!!

Another great write up Trav!

I would put this up in the FAQ right now, but im sure that someone might look at the results as being biased, even tho I know you are 100% credible.

As soon as I do my own testing, I will post up my results in this thread and put it up in the FAQ.

Will I be getting back my gen2 bolt and valve or did you mod out the stock valve?

This is so I can put up my own gen2/SPHE2 comparison.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:08 PM   #3
ShootPaint
Registered Member

Re: Re: Test Results are in!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ImpYa
Another great write up Trav!

I would put this up in the FAQ right now, but im sure that someone might look at the results as being biased, even tho I know you are 100% credible.

As soon as I do my own testing, I will post up my results in this thread and put it up in the FAQ.

Will I be getting back my gen2 bolt and valve or did you mod out the stock valve?

This is so I can put up my own gen2/SPHE2 comparison.
The Gen2 bolt in the test was your bolt! There have been no mods preformed to it at this point.

I am however going to have to replace the tip on it. I figured out what was causing it to get all scared up!!! It is a little oversized for your bolt and it is sliding back on the bolt and expanding causing it to drag against the outside of the body where the detents come into the breech. This is what caused all of the scratching.

I however used this tip when I made the SPHEFS kit that you are getting and cut the bolt to match it.

As far as unbiased testing goes. I am suppose to make one of these bolt kits up for GregICD ASAP and get it to him for testing so he can give me his feed back. I guess I will get him this bolt kit and the MAC Ram at the same time.
no silly, Greg is ICD God. Who do you think makes all the Bushmasters? Shootpaint is like the ICD Jesus, cultivating the minds of the faithful and spreading the word throughout the unenlightened masses .

3) B2K

Last edited by ShootPaint : 11-18-2004 at 06:11 PM.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:11 PM   #4
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Re: Re: Re: Test Results are in!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by ShootPaint

The Gen2 bolt in the test was your bolt! There have been no mods preformed to it at this point.

I am however going to have to replace the tip on it. I figured out what was causing it to get all scared up!!! It is a little oversized for your bolt and it is sliding back on the bolt and expanding causing it to drag against the outside of the body where the detents come into the breech. This is what caused all of the scratching.

I however used this tip when I made the SPHEFS kit that you are getting and cut the bolt to match it.
Thanks for looking out Trav!

I might be able to get the results up the same day I get the gun, so look for the results in the next week or so.

Also, be sure to get Greg to post over here or copy over a quote.
Old 11-18-2004, 06:20 PM   #5
ShootPaint
Registered Member

Re: Re: Re: Re: Test Results are in!!!!

Quote:

Thanks for looking out Trav!

I might be able to get the results up the same day I get the gun, so look for the results in the next week or so.

Also, be sure to get Greg to post over here or copy over a quote.
Rgr

3) B2K
Old 11-18-2004, 08:30 PM   #6
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Send a message via AIM to RainTreeBoy Send a message via Yahoo to RainTreeBoy
Very nice test Travis, thanks for posting it. Looking forward to reading some more test results from Imp and maybe others. .
Old 11-19-2004, 05:13 AM   #7
yoda101
Old Man

Send a message via AIM to yoda101
results look promising SP cant wait to see what others think and the results they get once in their hands, overall though very nice
Old 11-19-2004, 08:17 AM   #8
jonbob

Send a message via AIM to jonbob
So 200 or so shots from 1000 PSI doesn't seem like alot for some reason. I thought the HE bolt kit was supposed to give like 1500 shots per fill. Does it just need to be broken in or something?

Black/Graphite fade 05 Angel speed with .45 frame, 68/4500 crossfire

Vision Shocker with High efficiency bolt

Favorite quote (courtesy of schlockmercenary.com): "There is no 'overkill' there is only 'open fire' and 'I need to reload.'"
jonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 08:46 AM   #9
yoda101
Old Man

Quote:
Originally posted by jonbob
So 200 or so shots from 1000 PSI doesn't seem like alot for some reason. I thought the HE bolt kit was supposed to give like 1500 shots per fill. Does it just need to be broken in or something?
the test was taken with just air no paint. You will def get better results when using paint.
Old 11-19-2004, 08:56 AM   #10
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Sorry to get off topic, but I just noticed your sig yoda. That is definetely impossible. What about the project B2K? I know you sold the others...but wow. You cant be a gun whore if you're...gunless!
Old 11-19-2004, 09:25 AM   #11
yoda101
Old Man

Quote:
Originally posted by RainTreeBoy
Sorry to get off topic, but I just noticed your sig yoda. That is definetely impossible. What about the project B2K? I know you sold the others...but wow. You cant be a gun whore if you're...gunless!
the b2k isnt in my posession so therefor I am markerless
Old 11-19-2004, 09:32 AM   #12
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by yoda101

the b2k isnt in my posession so therefor I am markerless
Shut up.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:55 AM   #13
Bigshot
Aggro Crag

Send a message via AIM to Bigshot
Yes you are sorry to go ot but tets get back on topic. Still thinking of a name i see.
Old 11-19-2004, 09:56 AM   #14
RainTreeBoy
Watch out, Mr. Scale!

Quote:

Shut up.
You say that like you know something. Care to inform us?

Or it could just be a casual imp to yoda shutup, I'm not sure as of yet, but I plan on figuring out.

And travis, just wondering, sorry if maybe you posted this before in another thread (haven't been around in a while), but what was the problem with the first bolt? It seems the SPHE2 is much improved.
Old 11-19-2004, 10:58 AM   #15
yoda101
Old Man

Quote:
Originally posted by RainTreeBoy

You say that like you know something. Care to inform us?

Or it could just be a casual imp to yoda shutup, I'm not sure as of yet, but I plan on figuring out.

And travis, just wondering, sorry if maybe you posted this before in another thread (haven't been around in a while), but what was the problem with the first bolt? It seems the SPHE2 is much improved.
the first bolt was probably just his first try and it just didnt perform the way he wanted it thus the 2nd version, either that or the gnomes made him do it. And the shut up was probably just a casual shut up as I have been pretty quiet on my project marker.
Old 11-19-2004, 12:04 PM   #16
ShootPaint
Registered Member

Quote:

the first bolt was probably just his first try and it just didnt perform the way he wanted it thus the 2nd version, either that or the gnomes made him do it. And the shut up was probably just a casual shut up as I have been pretty quiet on my project marker.
Yes the Gnomes gave up their dancing shoes and went to threater.

They decided to show case that lovely 90's show, " Field of Dreams" However when they got to the part where the man was hearing the voice, " Build it and they will come." They wouldnt stop. So in turn I had to get up and go out to my lathe and proceed to work on the bolt until I got it done. Once I had finished it they proceed with the rest of the show!!!

Now the rest of the story

The SPHE1 was the original design that the SPHE2 was made from. There were areas that I thought I could make improvements so I did. With that we had the SPHE2. The SPHE1 was simply my first attempt to make my FS more efficent. After using the bolt and observing how it worked I knew that the SPHE2 would be better but I simply wanted to see how the two compared. If you want to know the funny part there is going to be at least 2 more of these babies to test. I have two major changes I want to test. I can also tell you that the chances of a third one coming along are very good as well. In its current form the SPHE bolts replace the ICD HE Bolt kits. They dont use any of the internal parts that are currently used in the HE its. One of the last things I am going to try is to combine my kit with the ICD HE Kit. I have spent about an hour drawing out a slightly redesigned bolt configuration that will allow my SPHE kits to work with the internal poppet in the ICD HE kits. This will be the only thing that will possibly be retained with my SPHE Kits when combined with the ICD HE kits.

Back to the Gnomes. They are preforming Caddy Shack here very shortly!!!

3) B2K
Old 11-19-2004, 12:44 PM   #17
lotus_esprit5

Send a message via AIM to lotus_esprit5
Quote:
Back to the Gnomes. They are preforming Caddy Shack here very shortly!!!
That I'd have to see! The only thing funnier than Bill Murray vs a Gopher would be Gnomes vs a Gopher.

My money's on the gopher though. I think Gomster was part gopher, and he was uncontrollable . A filthy piece of varmint-kong, that one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman View Post
<-- legend. like a mod, but without powers or motivation.
lotus_esprit5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 02:39 PM   #18
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Quote:

Yeah, it was just a casual shut up. Everytime I read one of your posts my IQ drops 2 points.
Old 11-19-2004, 03:50 PM   #19
yoda101
Old Man

Quote:

Yeah, it was just a casual shut up. Everytime I read one of your posts my IQ drops 2 points.
ouch man thats just brutal........ now I have to go beat up RTB and JB just to make myself feel important again
Old 11-19-2004, 04:44 PM   #20
ImpYa
ICD Guru

Quote:

ouch man thats just brutal........ now I have to go beat up RTB and JB just to make myself feel important again
What ever gets you through the day.