pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Old 10-30-2005, 07:48 PM   #1
OrraclePsycho28

Send a message via AIM to OrraclePsycho28
A little problem yesteday at field

ok, so heres the deal, yesterday I was at my field as just a walk-on and just playing with a group of rec-ballers and I joined a game of 3 vs. 3 and me and my team had already taken out 2 of the guys and now I was on the completely opposite side of the field and the last guy in didn't even know I was there so, knowing he didn't know I was there, I casually walked up about 12 feet or so from him, and was just gonna call "point blank" and he would have simply been out, but for some reason the ref said sumthin ( didnt hear ) and then said " theres a guy behind you." and he turned around quickly kinda holding his gun up and as a reaction I fired 3 times ( I like to shoot in bursts ) and 2 hit him in the head and one in the leg, but then the ref said " that was way too close to be shooting somebody" and I said " well last time I came my friend shot me from that distance and you said he was 11 feet away, just joking around" and he said " I wasn't there " and I said " yes you were" and he said " well that doesn't matter fact is that you shot him from way too close." and I said, in an annoyed tone " well, my friend did it last time and you didn't say anything to him." and he just said madly " look, don't argue with me or i'll make you sit out a game."

and thats what happened.
and I wanna know if I was in the wrong for shooting the guy or if the ref was wrong for opening his mouth.
and I wanna know if I was in the wrong for arguing the matter with the ref.
because this is just eating away at me, I think about it every 15 min. and get mad about sumthin that stupid.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352904 ( B/S/T Feedback )
OrraclePsycho28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:01 PM   #2
kwalski
Mega Legend

Send a message via AIM to kwalski Send a message via Yahoo to kwalski
1: its the refs job to get in your face for that.
2: You were wrong, especially if its rec. the rec players tend to get a bit wussy
3:Arguing with the reff probably made it worse. you shoulda just apollagized to the ref and assure the ref it wouldent happen again
Old 10-30-2005, 08:05 PM   #3
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
I would have just apologized.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:07 PM   #4
DagNasty
Registered Member

the ref shoulda called the guy out by bunker rule.. at least I would have. If the guy didn't know you were there and you had the advantage.. shoulda been a bunker, no shots fired.

As a player, you should have just called for a bunker and ended the game or went on if there was anyone left. It's a courtesy for them, and for you when you're on the opposite side of that situation.

If the guy turns his marker on you and he's still in play you have the right to shoot him, cuz it's gonna be either you or him. At the local fields here, we don't allow anything but semi... no three shot bursts from a board setting level. But knowing most of the players like I do, they probably would have bounced three or more shots anyhow.

When I'm in a situation like that, running the tape or something.. I aim for the pack or legs if I have the person completely by susprise but too far to call a bunker. The mask is usually an accident or a last resort if the ref hasn't called the guy out.. it happens all the time and while it sucks, it can't be avoided (mask hits from semi close range)

This kind of thing happens all the time, I wouldn't sweat it. But arguing with a ref is a no-no, regardless of if the ref is a jerk or not. He/she is out there to control the flow of the game and if you're playing, you gotta respect the rules, even if that means the person enforcing them (or not) is a joke.
Old 10-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #5
vlrules
:dodgyballer:

Never get in the face of a ref. Ever. Take it from me.

And Dag, I hope you didn't consider me asking where the unicorn avvy went popular demand, but I'm lovin that it's back
Jungle Fighter
vlrules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:11 PM   #6
smartguy41
Grammar is your friend!

Send a message via AIM to smartguy41
Never argue with the ref, if anything try to get in good with them.
Just tell your teammates you got bunkered because you were too busy getting high, they'll understand.

|P|A|I|N|T|B|A|L|L|-My anti-drug

www.pb-talk.com
smartguy41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:14 PM   #7
xtremesnipr223
I hate this ******* name.

Send a message via AIM to xtremesnipr223
As a ref, I could answer your questions. However, I would need to get out my "bad grammar and punctuation to English" handbook to do so, which I don't happen to have with me right now.

Edit: Yeah, but don't argue with refs, it'll just get you in trouble. Just accept the close-quarters rule and deal with it.

Even though it was a "reaction," the ref did warn you about the guy being behind you. What the ref should have said was "You guys are too close" or something like that. I have to admit, "there's someone behind" you is kinda vague though.

Last edited by xtremesnipr223 : 10-30-2005 at 08:17 PM.
xtremesnipr223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 08:19 PM   #8
Samrog777

shoot the ref
Old 10-30-2005, 08:20 PM   #9
DagNasty
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vlrules
And Dag, I hope you didn't consider me asking where the unicorn avvy went popular demand, but I'm lovin that it's back
there were multiple requests..

if you've never seen the toons.. they're great http://cheston.com/pbf/archive.html the one titled t-shirt is where my ava comes from
Old 10-30-2005, 11:35 PM   #10
Tom_D
Outback Woodballer

If his arms were not in the air, he was still in play. If you were too close to shoot him you should have been able to call him out from where you were standing. Or the ref should have called him out as soon as he saw you were to close and he had no chance. Still not cool arguing with the ref.

I would have asked "What was I supposed to do?". (if you realy wern't sure)
Tan
My Brigade Page
Tom_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2005, 11:50 PM   #11
someday1188
OMFG C&H DODGY!!1!one@!1

keeping in mind that it's currently 11:50 PM over here FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TL;DR.
Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #12
OrraclePsycho28

Send a message via AIM to OrraclePsycho28
Quote:
Originally Posted by DagNasty
the ref shoulda called the guy out by bunker rule.. at least I would have. If the guy didn't know you were there and you had the advantage.. shoulda been a bunker, no shots fired.

As a player, you should have just called for a bunker and ended the game or went on if there was anyone left. It's a courtesy for them, and for you when you're on the opposite side of that situation.

If the guy turns his marker on you and he's still in play you have the right to shoot him, cuz it's gonna be either you or him. At the local fields here, we don't allow anything but semi... no three shot bursts from a board setting level. But knowing most of the players like I do, they probably would have bounced three or more shots anyhow.

When I'm in a situation like that, running the tape or something.. I aim for the pack or legs if I have the person completely by susprise but too far to call a bunker. The mask is usually an accident or a last resort if the ref hasn't called the guy out.. it happens all the time and while it sucks, it can't be avoided (mask hits from semi close range)

This kind of thing happens all the time, I wouldn't sweat it. But arguing with a ref is a no-no, regardless of if the ref is a jerk or not. He/she is out there to control the flow of the game and if you're playing, you gotta respect the rules, even if that means the person enforcing them (or not) is a joke.

that's precisely what I was gonna do, I was gonna take maybe 2-3 more steps closer just to make sure that I wasn't just barely out of the "point blank" range, because I've had a problem with that exact ref when my friend shot me from that close and he said he was 11 feet away. oh and what I mean't by bursts was that every time I do shoot, I shoot almost always 3 times.

I would have normally apologized but I don't break that easily if I believe I am not the one to blame for a certain event. I would have apologized if I took a couple steps further and then shot him, or if the ref was about to call him out but I shot him anyways( I never do that ).

but judging by the beliefs of the majority of replies here that support the opinion that I was in the wrong then it must be so. . I guess i'll just play in my backyard with friends this weekend I suppose. Cause who knows how many people that ref has told about that event, and maybe how biasedly it could have been told. I guess I won't defend the fact that the it was the ref's fault any further, nor will I apologize. I'll will just not say anything of the matter.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352904 ( B/S/T Feedback )
OrraclePsycho28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 01:04 PM   #13
green_goblin

Send a message via AIM to green_goblin
You used the worst argument ever. "Well its been done before." So what?
The ref was in the wrong for warning the player and not pulling him for the bunker rule, you should have said that if anything at all...
"She smiled, but not at me.

04 gen2 freestyle, 14" freak, he bolt, vaporworks s3 roller trigger...

The key to self-liberation is abstinence from
the destructive escapism of intoxication. x Straight Edge x
green_goblin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2005, 02:23 PM   #14
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Quote:
Originally Posted by someday1188
keeping in mind that it's currently 11:50 PM over here FOR THE LOVE OF GOD TL;DR.
YES! SPIFF'S BACK!

tl;dr,
He sneaks up too close to a kid who turns around and he shoots. He gets in trouble.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Crede777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:37 PM   #15
**HkArMy**

Send a message via AIM to **HkArMy**
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
1: its the refs job to get in your face for that.
2: You were wrong, especially if its rec. the rec players tend to get a bit wussy
3:Arguing with the reff probably made it worse. you shoulda just apollagized to the ref and assure the ref it wouldent happen again

no way dude if u the REF SAYS THERE IS A GUY BEHIND YOU and the player turns to shoot you, your reaction is to shoot him i mean come on.

the kid did the right thing all u suck ups just wana be friends with the ppl at anyy field cause ur nubs

i give a to the kid for bunkering som 1 even tho it is rec...

coming sooon........Dm5 w/ virtue or preditor and a pink trama trix!
**HkArMy** is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:44 PM   #16
coolrazer
is actually Eric Berry.

Holy. Crap.

That was one helluva run-on sentence.

ΦΚΨ
coolrazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:46 PM   #17
meetmrnewb
More Ovaltine please!

Send a message via AIM to meetmrnewb
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolrazer
Holy. Crap.

That was one helluva run-on sentence.
Tru-dat.

Just don't argue with a ref. You'll always lose and you'll be on their bad side for calls later in the day.
meetmrnewb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 01:51 PM   #18
Teh Jabes
THEE original BAMF.

Send a message via AIM to Teh Jabes
Proper grammar. It's your friend kids.

Midwest Posse
Contact TippysGalore or Spydadude to join
Teh Jabes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2005, 02:37 PM   #19
GranDream
This is the Final Cut

Send a message via AIM to GranDream
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Jabes
Proper grammar. It's your friend, kids.

o rly?
Old 11-01-2005, 08:50 PM   #20
smartguy41
Grammar is your friend!

Send a message via AIM to smartguy41
Quote:
Originally Posted by **HkArMy**
the kid did the right thing all u suck ups just wana be friends with the ppl at anyy field cause ur nubs

Yes, nubs. We are all severed appendages!
Just tell your teammates you got bunkered because you were too busy getting high, they'll understand.

|P|A|I|N|T|B|A|L|L|-My anti-drug

www.pb-talk.com
smartguy41 is offline   Reply With Quote