pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > General Paintball Talk

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2005, 11:42 AM   #1
pbjoe693
Unregistered User

Send a message via AIM to pbjoe693
Paintball Ages and Safety

I have had enough. I went to the local woodsball field (Cousins Paintball) with my dad yesterday. We get there and the first thing we see is 7 year old kids, hundreds of them. There was about 5 parties (not private, so we had to play them). I gear up and get in line for a game. Throughout the day there were problems, here is a list of bad and unsafe things that happened because of these kids.

1. At a tree a kid shoots my foot point blank on purpose. (thank god it was my boot and not my neck) I yelled some words i cannot write and the kid backed off.

2. While playing on a small field, i make a dash 100 feet infront of the farthest player on the field. The kids clearly saw me dive behind a tree, but for fun the kids shot me about 20 times. I yelled more bad stuff and surrendered because i couldnt play with 20 balls hitting me. I hear them laughing while i walk off the field.

3. While my dad is walking off the field he gets hit and puts his hands up. I see this one kid shoot him on purpose in the head. my dad yelled at the kid and got off the field.

( since more people came they opened up the Expert fields, where adavnced players play, and i played those untill they lost too many people and stoped it)

4. I am at a bunker, this kid is out and while he walks off the field he turns around and shoots me 5 times, with a gun that hasnt been checked yet.

5. I saw a kid shoot his friend, who was on his team, in the neck on purpose. the kid didnt say sorry or even help the kid. The kid was hurt so bad they took him to the hopital.

This all happened in one day and all the people that did this were under 11 years old. I think they should be more strict on age and how mature someone is. But the paintball fields make all their money from these parties. When i play in the Expert fields i never have this problem. I think they should be more concerned on safty than on money.

Tippmann A5
| Picture |

Tippmann 98 Custom

05 Proto Matrix

Tiberius 8 Pistol

Old 10-31-2005, 12:20 PM   #2
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Send a message via AIM to 4THDEGREE
Interesting, but sad. all the fields I go to, you must be at least 12 to play. More examples of folks just not understanding sportmanship anymore. Best move you made all day was going and playing wtih more experienced players. Shame your Dad did not speak to the owners or the refs. Sounds like the refs did not have a very good handle of the events of the day.
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
NAnarchy OT - We Are Cooler Than YouN
Team No Regrets
-no drama, no BS, no regrets....play to be respected!
Pro Paintball Weekly
www.compulsivepaintball.com
Old 10-31-2005, 12:31 PM   #3
igota98custom

Send a message via AIM to igota98custom Send a message via MSN to igota98custom
I woulda' punched em. Seriously, if they're that idiotic...
Old 10-31-2005, 12:34 PM   #4
amzng_spyderman
Legend

you should have talked to the refs, or shot the kids back. if it were me, i would have made an example out of one of them.

"Fossil fuels are finite, but idiots are a renewable resource."
Old 10-31-2005, 12:59 PM   #5
iliveforthis99
Maher

I'd have talked to a ref and then if they continued being stupid. I would have gone up and bunkered a few of them.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:13 PM   #6
Paintballshurt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amzng_spyderman
you should have talked to the refs, or shot the kids back. if it were me, i would have made an example out of one of them.
Severed head on a pike FTW
Old 10-31-2005, 01:22 PM   #7
xtremesnipr223
I hate this ******* name.

Send a message via AIM to xtremesnipr223
You had a tippmann 98 w/ response. Shoulda lit 'em up. Or that proto of yours...
Old 10-31-2005, 01:26 PM   #8
GranDream
This is the Final Cut

Send a message via AIM to GranDream
Yeah, little kids need to learn that overshooting people is bad, if beating them to a pulp is the only way to get a point across, so be it.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:28 PM   #9
someday1188
OMFG C&H DODGY!!1!one@!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbjoe693
I have had enough. I went to the local woodsball field (Cousins Paintball) with my dad yesterday. We get there and the first thing we see is 7 year old kids, hundreds of them. There was about 5 parties (not private, so we had to play them). I gear up and get in line for a game. Throughout the day there were problems, here is a list of bad and unsafe things that happened because of these kids.

1. At a tree a kid shoots my foot point blank on purpose. (thank god it was my boot and not my neck) I yelled some words i cannot write and the kid backed off.

2. While playing on a small field, i make a dash 100 feet infront of the farthest player on the field. The kids clearly saw me dive behind a tree, but for fun the kids shot me about 20 times. I yelled more bad stuff and surrendered because i couldnt play with 20 balls hitting me. I hear them laughing while i walk off the field.

3. While my dad is walking off the field he gets hit and puts his hands up. I see this one kid shoot him on purpose in the head. my dad yelled at the kid and got off the field.

( since more people came they opened up the Expert fields, where adavnced players play, and i played those untill they lost too many people and stoped it)

4. I am at a bunker, this kid is out and while he walks off the field he turns around and shoots me 5 times, with a gun that hasnt been checked yet.

5. I saw a kid shoot his friend, who was on his team, in the neck on purpose. the kid didnt say sorry or even help the kid. The kid was hurt so bad they took him to the hopital.

This all happened in one day and all the people that did this were under 11 years old. I think they should be more strict on age and how mature someone is. But the paintball fields make all their money from these parties. When i play in the Expert fields i never have this problem. I think they should be more concerned on safty than on money.
simple solution:

bonus balls>little kids.
Old 10-31-2005, 01:29 PM   #10
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Quote:
Originally Posted by GranDream
Yeah, little kids need to learn that overshooting people is bad, if beating them to a pulp is the only way to get a point across, so be it.
Yeah, although you run the risk of making them think its ok to bonus ball people.

But if they simply don't learn, you have no other choice...
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Old 10-31-2005, 01:34 PM   #11
bruc3
pump. pow. pump.

castration
Old 10-31-2005, 01:36 PM   #12
Crede777
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruc3
castration
Nobody wants to hear an 11 year old talk in a higher pitch than he already does...

Denison '10
Old 10-31-2005, 01:38 PM   #13
bruc3
pump. pow. pump.

remove vocal cords?
Old 10-31-2005, 02:09 PM   #14
GT_Hawk

Yestorday there was a kids b day at the firld I went to. at most 10 year old. Also one or 2 kids this age maby younger got in on our games and did dam well for first tie out. On or 2 of the best pro players where taking the kids with them and dhowing them what to do. As long as they are supervised, great, it works out fine. But left on there own i can see dumb things happaning.
Old 10-31-2005, 02:14 PM   #15
spartan72
Aggressive front player

Quote:
remove vocal cords?
That works to.

Yeah, about the kids, bring the heat to em will put them in place.

Proud Member and Mid/Front player for Dirt Demons.

www.dirtdemonspaintball.com
Old 10-31-2005, 02:20 PM   #16
BunkerBuddy_666
The never ending debate

Quote:
remove vocal cords?
That leads to moans, goans, and attempts at speach which creates annoying noises. The only solutions:
-Smother them with a pillow
-Tie bricks to their ancles and drown them
-sever the entire head from the lower neck up, using a large axe, or samurai sword, cutting the head clean off the neck in less than 1/10 of a second so it would be an near instant death with no groans or crying.
-Load a 12 guage shotgun with a slug, and fire roughly 2" anove the eyes in the center of the head, destroying all of the brain that controls the sense of pain, so they do not feel anything, therfore not whining while falling to the ground.
Empire Reloader B
72/3000 Pure Energy HPA Tank
80 Cubic ft scuba silver fill station
ULP 50/50 ram shot count (just for you SP) 5000

Laptop fund: 300/1000
Old 10-31-2005, 02:37 PM   #17
Crede777
Registered Member

My local field should adopt the rule that:
Attention! All intentional "bonus ballers" will be shot with Pepper-paintballs!

Denison '10
Old 10-31-2005, 03:45 PM   #18
someday1188
OMFG C&H DODGY!!1!one@!1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crede777
My local field should adopt the rule that:
Attention! All intentional "bonus ballers" will be shot with Pepper-paintballs!
my field has a similar policy:

Quote:
FROM NOW ON, FREE BONUS BALLS TO ALL THOSE CAUGHT WHINING!!
Old 10-31-2005, 03:49 PM   #19
4THDEGREE
Super Moderator - Legend

Send a message via AIM to 4THDEGREE
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT_Hawk
Yestorday there was a kids b day at the firld I went to. at most 10 year old. Also one or 2 kids this age maby younger got in on our games and did dam well for first tie out. On or 2 of the best pro players where taking the kids with them and dhowing them what to do. As long as they are supervised, great, it works out fine. But left on there own i can see dumb things happaning.

excellent point. We could certainly use more of this kind of on field leadership.
The Old Dawgs Member #1
06 Empire Timmy, YES, I own an Onyx SE! Newest addition...egads I now own an Angel A1
NAnarchy OT - We Are Cooler Than YouN
Team No Regrets
-no drama, no BS, no regrets....play to be respected!
Pro Paintball Weekly
www.compulsivepaintball.com
Old 10-31-2005, 04:16 PM   #20
pbjoe693
Unregistered User

Send a message via AIM to pbjoe693
i tried talking to the refs, but i get the feeling that they dont want to tell the kids because thats how they make money. think of it. 20 kids addmissions = (at my field) $400, 15 rentals = $150, 20 camo shirts = $80, unlimeted refils on air = $50, paintballs = $400. Me and my dad. addmision = $40, paintballs = $80, air = $10.
Me and my dad, TOTAL = $130
Party, TOTAL= $1080
Pissing off party so they dont come back < pissing off me so i dont come back
I dont bonus ball the kids i just hit them 10 times to get them out because they dont play fair. They automaticly put me on the expert fields but they never have enough experts to start a game. once, a party even made a complaint about us. the teams were 20 (them) vs. 5 (me, my dad and some guys) we lit them up every time and the mom of the kids party said the teams have to be more even. At my field the age limit is 10 but all you have to do is check off a box that says your over ten. all the kids parents lie thinking the game is made for under 10 year olds.

Tippmann A5
| Picture |

Tippmann 98 Custom

05 Proto Matrix

Tiberius 8 Pistol

Last edited by pbjoe693 : 10-31-2005 at 04:18 PM.
Closed Thread