pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2005, 12:37 PM   #21
crazywayne
YaRrr

Quote:
Originally posted by papaintballer15
matrix LCD by far one of the best guns ive ever used. Mines for sale too

as toward the top someone said ppl with matrix's get checked more for ramping... that is a negative. Only dm4/5 users who use advantage chips.
with dm3's u dont have to worry about ramping, or any major bounce issues. Ive raked 21 on mine,and got 23 on sweetspot.
...actually there are Advantage pb ramping chips for dm3's, and you can adjust setting on most boards to bounce...
Vsc Phantom
Clear parts

crazywayne's FEEDBACK
Old 02-12-2005, 03:06 PM   #22
Ill_Adam
Ill_Adam

Send a message via AIM to Ill_Adam
I have had a led trix and I currently own a viking. I loved the way my trix felt, but the problem was I had to get eyes put in it and I had to get a bolt kit for it to match my viking.
To sum it up I could drop a grand into a trix and have one hell of a trix or I could buy a viking and throw on a mitey max and I'm set. At least in my situation. Also as blue said it's all what you feel most confterable shooting. Get out there and shoot every marker you can then decide.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #23
ShockerGEEk

It doesnt matter which you buy, they both have eyes, both are fast, both are accurate. You will need a bolt kit for the matrix though to be on par with the efficintcy of the Viking. The Viking is easier to maintain, Im not saying a trix is hard, just that the Viking is easier. Depending on which Matrix you get, it will weigh about the same as a stock unmilled Viking. You can get multiple milled versions of both. The Matrix has more upgrades available. Stock against stock I would take the Viking mainly because it wont require any upgrades, such as a bolt kit, to perform at its top level. But as stated before, they are both high end guns and will perform about the same. Shoot both then decide.
Old 02-12-2005, 04:47 PM   #24
papaintballer15
I am t3h Jedi Pimp

Send a message via AIM to papaintballer15 Send a message via Yahoo to papaintballer15
Quote:
Originally posted by crazywayne

...actually there are Advantage pb ramping chips for dm3's, and you can adjust setting on most boards to bounce...
True, just its not a big problem,bc its not all that necessary. Plus stock board is fast enough mines hard to bounce which i like, but its still really fast.
Old 02-12-2005, 06:00 PM   #25
darktrooper5

Send a message via AIM to darktrooper5
Viking, no doubt. Mine shoots mad ropes and the best thing is I didn't have to buy a bolt kit for it. Some grips, eyes and a rail. thts all Ive bought. What is the point when you have to spend tons on top of your 850$ or whatever just to make it just as good as something stock?

Every so often I wonder if my gun is as good as all the others out there, and yes it is. The gun amazes me everytime I use it. I won't trade it for anything, I mean anything.
Old 07-01-2006, 09:08 PM   #26
maxpm6

coming from a trix owner and someone who has used a viking, they will both shoot equaly rediculously fast and accurate but the trix is better because it doesnt weigh 50 lbs.
Old 07-01-2006, 11:40 PM   #27
ShockerGEEk

Holy old threads Batman......................
Old 07-02-2006, 08:00 AM   #28
ikey

yeah IMO the only thing that is bad about them, is that they are bricks, they dont look great, large and heavy. in todays world, that is exactly oposite of what people want. if you could take viking performance and put it in an ego yes. but in terms of acutally playing with one.....i would not consider it when my price range includes pm6s e tek egos shockers etc, which are a ton lighter smaller with more upps avaliable (im talking stock viking....not those super sweet milled ones). i knew a guy with a viking. he sold it fast. he said yeah it shoots sweet, but everything else besides that was bad (very heavy, very large, not a lot of aftermarket support...it just want as nice to play with as newer guns).

so yes, with just how teh gun shoots, they are some of the best. in terms of the gun in actual gameplay....i would say it is very lacking.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
Old 07-03-2006, 05:23 AM   #29
Lopez17
Administrator

Let's not up dead threads.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Closed Thread