pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 06-22-2002, 04:06 PM   #21
Gekiganger273
In To danger GeKiGaNgEr!!

Send a message via AIM to Gekiganger273
that means keying would be like sweet spotting...or at least similar...
I get free salad!

if ur shoe size exceeds ur iq u have a problem....

Screw DragonBall...its all bout the REAL anime...Nadesico!!!,Evangelion!, and TriguN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by amz370
well...did u know every time u masterbate a kitten dies
02 Autococker.... Blue
ACI grafitti series barrel 14"
WGP SS 3-way
Dye hinge (its short! sick!)
1 quick disconect venturi bolt
1 pullpin venturi bolt!
2 bolts in all!
Side winder vert reg!
Cp flame drop
CP asa
KAPP cocking rod
Ricochet 2k

all for $400 ppd

AIM at
stabbityblkmge

Email at
Gekigangar273@cs.com
Gekiganger273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2002, 09:58 PM   #22
TheZephyr
Thief in the Night

Yeah i thought it was a synonym for sweet spotting, (because you shoot in the lanes to key bunkers i guess) i just wanted to make sure i didn't look dumb if i told someone to key off the break.
Old 06-22-2002, 10:06 PM   #23
Gekiganger273
In To danger GeKiGaNgEr!!

Send a message via AIM to Gekiganger273
yeah, tell them 2 sweet spot off the break.
I get free salad!

if ur shoe size exceeds ur iq u have a problem....

Screw DragonBall...its all bout the REAL anime...Nadesico!!!,Evangelion!, and TriguN!!!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by amz370
well...did u know every time u masterbate a kitten dies
02 Autococker.... Blue
ACI grafitti series barrel 14"
WGP SS 3-way
Dye hinge (its short! sick!)
1 quick disconect venturi bolt
1 pullpin venturi bolt!
2 bolts in all!
Side winder vert reg!
Cp flame drop
CP asa
KAPP cocking rod
Ricochet 2k

all for $400 ppd

AIM at
stabbityblkmge

Email at
Gekigangar273@cs.com
Gekiganger273 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2002, 09:19 AM   #24
Methedup

Send a message via AIM to Methedup
I'm kind of newish myself, but I think another key thing to remember as a backplayer is mobility. NOT like the front player, where he is constantly moving, but more like shifting position. After each string of paint a backplayer shoots, it's kind of wise to change the angle you shoot from. Move a yard or 2 to the right/left, so that anyone trying to snapshoot has to double-take, as most players will triangulate your position based on where the paint was last shot. Don't know if that helps, have only played recball
Methedup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2002, 03:26 PM   #25
w3y

Front Player

Someone posted earlier that when you're moving to your postion you should fire off some shots. I'd tend to disagree. If you're a front player, your main focus is getting to your primary bunker. By taking that time and that extra mental power to fire off a fiew quick shots would distract from the focus of getting into that bunker.

Of course, this is not always the case, it could be your team's strategy that they have everyone sweetspotting off the break. In this case, no one should be moving faster than a walk. If this is your team's strategy, it would be wise to figure out when each position would stop shooting and run for their bunkers. Of course, the frontman would have to stop first, probably with in the first 2 seconds; then the mid, maybe in 3 seconds; and then the back, in 4-5 seconds.

Other stuff that front players can do is run in an arc. In the first 2 seconds of the game, you're pretty much free from any paint. This allows you to make a sprint forward and gain as much ground as you can. Then at the last second, you veer off to the right or left, depending on which side your bunker is on, and run diagnally for it.

When the front/mid is snapshooting, consider popping up low, like on your knees. When someone has your bunker dominated, as in you can't pop your head up with out getting a few balls thrown at you, they will usually have a bead on where you would pop up on top. By popping out low, it gives you that precious second to shoot at him and potentially tag him out.

Here's something i saw Aftershock do. When one person moved up, the players behind them would rotate. lemem try to illustrate:

____________A

_______B

_________________C

Let's asuume that A,B,C are all bunkers w/ players behind them. When A moves to another bunk up field, B would take position A and C would take position B. This rotation would happen simultaneously after A was empty. This constant movement and sinchrounous movement was just amazing to watch and is difficult to stop.

[edit: the spacing of the letters was messed up, so i fixed it with the underscores]

Team: Dee Sh-ong (Brotherhood)

Tippman 68 carbine, Progressive barrel, Dye stickies, m98 spring kit, double trigger shoe, warped drop
w3y is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 08:03 PM   #26
TeamEpidemic23
Team Epidemic!!!!

Send a message via AIM to TeamEpidemic23
Back Tips

Sweet Spotting:

Before the start of the game, your team must decide on which props (bunkers) are "KEY PROPS". Once you decide on this, your backmen will sweetspot a few feet in front of that bunker.

Do NOT blow a whole hopper on your sweet spotting

Unloading a whole hopper off the break will take too long, makes you an easy target for opposing sweet spotters (yes Backplayers can be sweetspotted themselves!).

While WALKING towards your bunker, Spray around 50-60 shots a few feet in front of the Key Prop. Once you've layed your shots run to your bunker.

Like in Football, you can take a "flight pattern". Off the break you may walk directly to your left/right while sweet spotting, once you've finished laying your paint run FORWARD to your bunker (basically running an "L")

I cant stress enough not to lay a whole hopper down, once again this takes too long and unless you're speedy gonzalez.......expect to get picked off quick.
Old 11-28-2002, 08:07 PM   #27
TeamEpidemic23
Team Epidemic!!!!

Back Tips

Cross It Up:

I see this happen all the time (even my teammates do it sometimes)....

Typical set up.......you've got the snake on the right. 5 on 5 no elminations......

You're playing Back Right.....

Your front man is holding it down snap shooting with the guy cross field.

Where should you be shooting?? TAPE

There is no need for both the Right Front and Right Back to be shooting cross field.

The last thing you want is for your front man to get bunked b/c you werent watching his tape.

Old 11-28-2002, 08:12 PM   #28
TeamEpidemic23
Team Epidemic!!!!

Back Tips

You're Front Men:

Seeing the fact that a Back Player has a great view of the whole field wouldnt you think he would control where your front men move to? and where they shoot?

Control your frontmen, let them know where opposing players are at all times.

Inform them of Eliminated Players on the Opposing team AND your team.

EXAMPLE:

X3 = "Three Gone On Our Side"
G4 = "Four Gone On Their Side"

Pretty self explanitory.....

Dont let your frontmen fall into a sticky situation by letting him make a move to a prop you feel is "HOT".

One way to do this is to know the angles on the field.

Last edited by Vaypourus : 03-31-2003 at 03:19 PM.
TeamEpidemic23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2002, 08:16 PM   #29
TeamEpidemic23
Team Epidemic!!!!

Back Tips

Communication:

We all know how important "talking it up" is during a game??? Dont we???

For those of you who think quite is the key, I'll school ya real quick

There should never be a time of silence on the field, if you're not shooting you should be letting your teammates know where the opposing team is postioned.

Make up codes for sections of the field

(be creative and make things up)
Old 11-28-2002, 08:26 PM   #30
TeamEpidemic23
Team Epidemic!!!!

Various Tips:

What?!! You just got gogged?!?!

A great way of letting your teammates know you've been elminated is walk DIRECTLY in the path of one of your teamates line of sight so he is sure to see you.

He should then inform you other players of your timely elimination...........

This way you're not cheating.....remember NO TALKING ONCE YOU'VE BEEN ELIMINATED! Tourney Refs WILL pull players for this.

Don't stop till the Ref pulls your Armband.

Some may call this trick "cheap" or "wrong" but every little bit helps.......

Say you've just been shot in the hopper.......ok so you know you got shot there, dont just get up and call yourself out!!!! Lay some fire until the Ref pulls your armband.

Bounce it Off The Net

I love this one!! I picked it up at the recent Sunshine Series #12 in Naples, FL this past Fall.

Ok, say you've got an opposing player hiding out in the snake, he's not popping up for nothing.........

If the snake is close enough to a net you just might be able to bounce a few off the net and into the snake!!!

I actually got this to work! Sheer luck? I think not, after the game the guy had THREE paint spots on him. One in the mask, one on his calf and the other on his back.

Give it a try, if it works good for you...if not, well you're not as lucky as me hehehe
Old 01-29-2003, 02:55 PM   #31
CKYshane
Murderous Plush Toy

Send a message via AIM to CKYshane
Our team plays 3v3 exclusively and we have a strategy we call "stacking." Basically, we play as an inverted triangle (two players on the sides ahead of a single central player). Once the game has settled into a rhythm, the center play picks a side and "stacks" it by moving to that side and following that side's player on his way up.

The goal is to force 2-on-1s while the player on the other side keeps the odds in our favor. His job is to lay paint down on bunkers to allow the stack to force a 2-on-1 situation.

It's a pretty ballsy strategy and not one to be taken lightly. If anyone hesitates or goes out early, the strategy is trashed for you and your team is seperated.
CKYshane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2003, 08:00 PM   #32
Gogged ya

keep em comin' guys
Gogged ya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 05:55 PM   #33
71cutlass
PGX Factory

Send a message via AIM to 71cutlass
I disagree with TeamEpidemic23. I think that you should dump an entire hopper off the break. As long you have at least 1 guy who doesn't you will be fine. i do agree with him when it comes to sweetspotting. proper sweetspotting (stringing) off the break can win you a game in seconds. if you figure out the correct spot that will cut off a major running lane you are bound to get one guy on the break. in my mind you should have as many stringers off the break as possible, but not so many as will hinder your agressive offence later in the game. in a ten man game my team usually has roughly 5 guys stringing depending on who we are against. in a 5 man game we have 3 stringers. remember just because they string on the break doesn't restrict them to playing in the back. if done properly they will be able to move up quite quickly on the stunned opponent. also if possible shadow a bunker while stringing. if there is a large back center bunker use it to your advantage. as long as you stay inline with it they are very unlikely to hit you off the break. than you can take as much time as you need getting there. and please for all you new to tourny ball don't shoot while running it looks good but as a ref myself i can tell you it really doesn't work but tends to be quite painful for us.
that's my two cents.

Last edited by 71cutlass : 02-16-2003 at 06:05 PM.
71cutlass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2003, 06:07 PM   #34
71cutlass
PGX Factory

Send a message via AIM to 71cutlass
other than that one thing on stringing i have found that TeamEpidemic23 has been very imformative. Nice Job!
Old 03-07-2003, 05:29 PM   #35
paintballer42o
These days...

Send a message via AIM to paintballer42o
Lightbulb stacked against Odds practice

well, if your gonna do some stratigies, you should do some practice drills, like stacked against the odds tacktic. This means practice like 2vs1, 3vs2, 3vs1, ect.
paintballer42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2003, 03:01 PM   #36
jdw_56
Beauty.

Send a message via AIM to jdw_56 Send a message via Yahoo to jdw_56
all very very helpful strategies. however in my experience fancy calls are not needed, too much to remember while you've got your mind on the game. speedball fields are so small that your opponent no doubt knows your position, or at least the back player does. concentrate on the angles, keep communication flowing, and for God's sake protect the tape!
Platinum Swap Including Star Trigger and Frame
DART Bolt
jdw_56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2003, 02:53 PM   #37
dark-wanderer-x
Team Silent Chaos: Tape

Send a message via AIM to dark-wanderer-x
hey guys, this isn't really a strategy or tip but a reminder. make sure you have a squeegie with u at all times on the field. as stupid as this might sound in both aspects as this is a duh! or wutever. alot of times i play i see someone chop a ball and there like ()*#)$ (not a specific word, lol) i don't ahve a squeegie. remember to get one, a friend of mine was in a tourny this past weekkend and it was one on one and he chopped a ball right as he was running for the flag and had a clear shot at the other guy moving. needless to say he forgot his and never could get a straight shot off the rest of the game. i mainly skimmed over the second page but i play left tape. is thier anyone out thier who plays left tape or tape in general that can give me some advice of wut to do or wutever in tournaments. i am kinda new to the tourny scene. thnx alot.
1. WGP Orracle Green Fade #1733
a. 68/45 Max Flow Green
b. Evolution II Clear
c. Empire Barrel Kit
dark-wanderer-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 10:40 AM   #38
paintballer42o
These days...

Send a message via AIM to paintballer42o
If you have an automag, then just get the squeegie side-car holder.
josh_hill, puck_316
spyderman014, tippycustom, chadolf, dcdude, paintballer42o, chunkymonkey, p8ntmaster
Detroit Strange fan #1
InSoMnIac Member #11
PwnzorchreK
paintballer42o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2003, 01:35 PM   #39
chadthedude

I wouldnt be talking paintballer42, mister, "im getting a JT 6.0 (*me laugh*)if you dont want me to tough".
Old 04-10-2003, 03:19 PM   #40
shinobidice

Send a message via AIM to shinobidice Send a message via Yahoo to shinobidice
I remember my first tournament... It was a "Young guns" 16 and under tourney.. well let you know.. two of the normal refs that work there decided.. Hey I'm not 17 yet so were gonna play! They were really good compared to most of us and like many of the strategy's say: Sweetspot off the break (duh).. and run real fast off the break.. you might not get hit.. chances are you wont. They were at a much higher skill level than most pf us .. having more exposure to the speedball course (reffing it helped alot im sure) but overall, my teammate bunkered one of them.. we were the only team to get one of thier players out!
(it was a 2 man sooo... yeah)

Thats more of a story but it kinda has a point.. if you don't like this.. will a mod delete it please?

its a pic of my mini just before i painted it.. i cant get a good shot of the green to blue on the paint cause of the camera
shinobidice is offline   Reply With Quote