pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 04-18-2003, 09:29 PM   #41
loki1232
DIE DIE DIE

One thing that will really help is to stay low.
  • Stay low when you are running to your bunker and when you are running between bunkers

Get down on one knee or even lower as soon as you get to your bunker (the exception is for back players, or if standing up will offer you a better shot)

dont shoot over the top of your bunker unless you absolutely have to, it makes you a much bigger target. try to alternate between the left and right sides.

practice keeping low while you run, it will make you a much smaller target and, if you do it right, you can still move pretty fast

More advanced players usually do this by instinct and dont even think about it while they are doing it, but I dont see many newbs trying to stay low.
loki1232 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2003, 12:56 PM   #42
jr119us
Peter...what's happening?

sorry im just posting here so i get subscribed to it...pay no attention
jr119us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2003, 08:26 PM   #43
mrpeanut
i love spyders

a great tool you can use is ^confusion.

FOr example, you have a bunker and some straw stacks a couple yards away. well, say ur shooting at one guy, nothing special, if you can shoot like 5 balls, then run to the hay while shooting, he will still think ur there. he will still think u r there. now, really quick, pop up and waste him. it'll take 3-10 shots before he knows ur location and responds.
mrpeanut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2003, 10:09 PM   #44
justin14_
Punk In Drublic

Send a message via AIM to justin14_ Send a message via Yahoo to justin14_
ok. everyone knows this already but some newbies might not....if you EVER run out of paint or co2, DO NOT call yourself out. instead run around from bunker to bunker, making the other team shoot at you, wasting their paint. you are also giving your team a chance to shoot them while the other team is busy trying to take you out. also, not everyone plays this way but if you have no paint or air and theres only 1 person left on the other team you can run out and instead of bunkering them you can yell "surrender" and just them seeing the gun pointed at them from 3 feet away will make them walk off the field. if he does not get scared and walk away then shoot his a_s.....not all people play that way. most just bunker. but if you do play like that then itd be a good thing to know. i guess itd be a good way to play against a newbie that doesnt like the idea of bunkering.

Last edited by justin14_ : 05-29-2003 at 10:11 PM.
justin14_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2003, 03:34 PM   #45
daveofdoom

any one have any good 3 man strategies? at my teams last tourny we did what is in the crappy pic below. it worked well. any other good formations? the red thing is the flag and the blue things are players and where they move. the outer box is the boundary.
Attached Images To view attachments your post count must be 0 or greater. Your post count is 0 momentarily.
daveofdoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2003, 07:28 AM   #46
Ferret-PA

Send a message via AIM to Ferret-PA
Thumbs up Bad sportsmanship

Hey paintball scout i really understand what you mean. When i got my first paintball gun i payed about 100 bucks for it and it was a spyder compact. We went to like 4 tournaments that year and the whole time i was intimadated by all the angels and shockers. Well, when we went to a three man tournamnet we had a great advantage becasue we were all kinda small and they couldnt hit us very well. We all had spyders and were winning against these cool teams like ABV who had pretty nice guns. Thats when i relized sometimes it doesnt really matter what gun your using but, its the person behind it.
Spyders are nice guns even thoguh they are 1200 dollars. I have a friend with an electric spyder who is a very good player when he isn't pinned behind his bunker. Dont let other people put you down and pick on you jsut because your usin spyder. I had a spyder for about 3 years. Anyone who picks on you because of that doesnt even deserve to own a marker. Good luck on the feilds!

-Jake-
Old 07-27-2003, 09:23 PM   #47
Doughnut::x::
I am Emo.

Send a message via AIM to Doughnut::x::
I played today and I witnessed a very good bunker strategy... in fact, it was performed on me! Yay! Anyways, here's the story (don't laugh i'm still kinda new and my elbow broke...):

It was 3 on 3 I was playing back. I was on the back far left bunker which is right in front of the snake. Our front player manage to tag 2 of the guys and the last guy was there back player directly straight in front of me in the back. I told them where he was and they just waited for him, covering both sides... ready to fire. For some reason they decided to advance without telling me, and when they did the gun took off to the snake and they didn't even see him. I yelled snake snake snake you what back players do when teh worst happens, but they like... didn't believe me or something. The dude popped up and took them both out. I knew he was going to bunker me cuz I could tell he knew I sucked. So I waited for it... saw him break towards my bunker (towards the tape side), so I quickly laid down on my side to tag him before he got to the bunker (another good anti-bunker trick ), but then I witnessed an excellent move... the guy like 3 feet or so from teh bunker quickly turned to go to the other side of the bunker. So now not only was I laying down, but my loader had come off from the attempt to take him out. I tried to hit him but it was so sudden and quick and unexpected... I dunno, all I know is that it's a good trick. Go for the bunker (if he knows you're coming) and then switch trajectories real fast.
Shocktech full drop
ACI 4 stage expansion chamber
12v Revy w/ X board
CP 12" 1 piece barrel
Total lack of experience... nice

Quote:
originally posted by Thor The Mighty
lucked out? as in you got someone besides your cousin to go to prom with you?
Doughnut::x:: is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2003, 04:27 PM   #48
m3ntalysan3
www.mattsoutback.com

Send a message via AIM to m3ntalysan3 Send a message via Yahoo to m3ntalysan3
Re: Bad sportsmanship

Quote:
Originally posted by Ferret-PA
Hey paintball scout i really understand what you mean. When i got my first paintball gun i payed about 100 bucks for it and it was a spyder compact. We went to like 4 tournaments that year and the whole time i was intimadated by all the angels and shockers. Well, when we went to a three man tournamnet we had a great advantage becasue we were all kinda small and they couldnt hit us very well. We all had spyders and were winning against these cool teams like ABV who had pretty nice guns. Thats when i relized sometimes it doesnt really matter what gun your using but, its the person behind it.
Spyders are nice guns even thoguh they are 1200 dollars. I have a friend with an electric spyder who is a very good player when he isn't pinned behind his bunker. Dont let other people put you down and pick on you jsut because your usin spyder. I had a spyder for about 3 years. Anyone who picks on you because of that doesnt even deserve to own a marker. Good luck on the feilds!

-Jake-
hell f in ya...my 100$ compact deluxe is doin me good..i've played against all kinda guns and did good...i've played against Timmy's,angles,impys,and even another compact...and i won most of them..you just have to have stradigy and don't listen to people with negitave comments
Old 10-11-2003, 03:39 AM   #49
BlackSabbath
I Like SLAYER

i did this once. sone as the game started i sprinted from bunker to bunker and got to the other side past the opposite quater mark in like 30 seconds. i ended up getten bunkered. they cant hit when you move fast.down with snipers!!!
BlackSabbath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2003, 06:47 PM   #50
white_death
captn. of sinister motive

sniping- generaly use a gillie suit.
stay low, move little bits at a time.
high quality barrel, scope(mostly usless)
for more info on sniping talk to me on msn
white_death101@hotmail.com

i also play speedball(more that bush ball now)
one of my tips is watch your angels, dont let them get key positions and get an advantage on you and your team.
halo b
eggy2
maurauder(for fun)
jt tournament jersey
evil empire practise jersey

TEAM ENTITY
Home fieldPAINTBALL ACTION GAMES
white_death is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2003, 04:34 PM   #51
penguins_r_kewl
Shlumpeet

Quote:
Originally posted by sferencz
Basics/Definitions...

Front Player - Some one who, at the beggininning, runs forward more so that the back or middle(optional) players. He is the one who makes the flag grabs for the most part and gains angles on the oposing players. Front players require speed and FAST snapshooting.

Back Player - some one who, at the begginning, stays back and fires MUCHO paint. Back Players lay down some sweet spots to intercept front players at the begginning, and pretty much fire at any heads that pop out from behind a bunker. Back players are not always slow, but do not require speed other than on their fingers. Back players MUST know where all oposing players are, usually by coordinates. Back players YELL the coordinates to the front players and allow them to pick them off.

Tape - Side of field, used by front players to run along to make bunkering moves, travel to other bunkers, etc.

Coordinates - Coordinates are very commonly used by WINNING teams. They allow all players on the team to know where opposing players are. Lets say you are on a standard Sup'Air field that is 80 feet wide, by 150 feet long. You would use the shorter ammount of feet as the letters, and the longer as #s. You make it into a grid, the field is seen as squares. If a player is 50 feet forward, and 20 feet to the right, and the field is broken up into 10x10 foot squares, the player is at B5. B = 2 squares to the right, and 5 = 5 squares back.

Formations - There are tons of formations, making "code names" for them isnt uncommon. You dont want to yell out "alex move to front left, chris move back right, i will play back left" instead you will want to yell something like "Alex, Chris, Formation A" because the formation from an airial view looks like an A, or V, wither one is fine. Formations allow your team to know what atteck to go for. It helps to have formations so that your team acts as one, instead of 3 guys playing 3 different games. A simple formation could just be...having the back man pop up and shoot at the back man, and one of your fronts snapshooting at the oposing front player and the other front man(yours) moves forward one, gaining an angle, and taking out the oposing player your front man shot at.

Push - A push is a formation, that is executed in order to gain ground or, hopefully, to gain the 1st flag grab. Pushes may often come by the elimination of one of your own men, in order to gain the flag grab. This may be executed by the back man standing up and SPRAYING some paint at 1 or 2 of the players, them ducking and your front men standing up and snap shooting the other front men, then them ducking and 1 or 2 of the front men lunging for the flag while the back man lays cover, one player may be taken out, but you may get the flag aswell. note: that isnt the best push ever, just a simple example.

SweetSpotting - SweetSpotting normally occurs at the VERY beginning of the game. I as a back player raise my gun and just spray a line of paint in between 2 bunkers, in hope that a player will try and cross it. Its not just a dumb guess on which bunker will be ran to, it is usually out of common sense. By doing this, a player will be quickly executed and you will gain the advantage of numbers.

Snapshooting - Snapshooting is simple where your behind a bunker, and you pop out and take a quick shot or 2. A good player can pop out fron top, left, or right, and hit a target that is atleast 25 feet away without to much trouble. It takes alot of practice and will make you sore, though it is the most useful paintball skill ever. If you've got a guy whos waiting for you to pop out over the top, and he is going to gog you, you had better be able to snap left and take him out, or your goign to lose.

Bunker - Everyone knows this, you run forward and shoot the guy behind the bunker who is unknowing of your plan. Its not always that simple though, as i will explain in one of the later posts.

These are a few simple terms you should know. If you want to add some to this just post them up. Got some good tactics? Post em!
Seems like vocabulary instead of tactics
Old 11-17-2003, 05:16 PM   #52
Brock
i don't ball anymore.

Hence the title, "Basics/Definitions..."
Brock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2003, 09:00 PM   #53
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

Send a message via AIM to Ghost2867
Quote:
Originally posted by jr119us
sorry im just posting here so i get subscribed to it...pay no attention
yea...me too...i got bored of reading after about half-way down the first page...

interesting stuff...i play front...

2 things u need...speed, and snapshooting...and ears too...if ur back person isn't losing his voice yelling positions to u, then u should find a new back player

FreeFlow Lotus red/black body
-E2 w/ eyes installed
-SP full freak kit (aluminum back, red 14" freak tip)
-freeflow SMC ram w/ QEVs
-WGP white delrin bolt
-eclipse rex dialer hammer (dialer not installed)
-palmers stabilizer

everyone buy circle stuff!! lol...
www.circlepaintball.com

Deviant Art <photography, sketches, paintings, digital art, etc etc>
Ghost2867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2003, 03:01 PM   #54
DWOOD

member of the Anti-Art Club! PM me to join!
members-Me, shoebag2000, rhchilipepper4, Jonny man, lilnate91
CnCmaster4life, sonnemann, Spartan 2, rhchilipepper4, Jonny man ,ShadowWalker, QuiksilverMV, NASimpy. Super special VIP Radishboy
DWOOD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2003, 03:49 AM   #55
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by DWOOD
eh?

-E2 w/ eyes installed
-WGP white delrin bolt
-palmers stabilizer

www.circlepaintball.com

Old 12-27-2003, 09:50 PM   #56
SpydrCmpct2000

It helps if your back person is 6'5" and uses a classic timmy... Wow where did that come from? Forget I ever said that.

For a 5 man speedball game try moving two front players up to the 50, two guys on the left tape, and using your other two players on the back and left back side of the field. Having this overload on one side of the field can make it a bit harder for your opposition to adjust. Why? Because it's different.

Please note that I am not a tournament player, and never aspire to be one (entry is too expensive), and put this post here for the sole purpose of confusion for those who actually read all the way through this thread.
Crossfire 47/3000
Blue Halo B w/ Rip Drive
CCM No Rise
SpydrCmpct2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2003, 10:02 AM   #57
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

Quote:
Originally posted by SpydrCmpct2000
It helps if your back person is 6'5" and uses a classic timmy... Wow where did that come from? Forget I ever said that.

For a 5 man speedball game try moving two front players up to the 50, two guys on the left tape, and using your other two players on the back and left back side of the field. Having this overload on one side of the field can make it a bit harder for your opposition to adjust. Why? Because it's different.

Please note that I am not a tournament player, and never aspire to be one (entry is too expensive), and put this post here for the sole purpose of confusion for those who actually read all the way through this thread.
WILL U STOP STALKING ME?!?!?!?!??!

-E2 w/ eyes installed
-WGP white delrin bolt
-palmers stabilizer

www.circlepaintball.com

Old 12-28-2003, 10:16 AM   #58
SpydrCmpct2000

No.
Crossfire 47/3000
Blue Halo B w/ Rip Drive
CCM No Rise
SpydrCmpct2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 03:45 PM   #59
Ronkend

Send a message via ICQ to Ronkend
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by Ghost2867

eh?
Nice
RT
4 pos. Stock
Dbl Trigger
Maddmann Spring Kit
68/3000 PMI TANK
14in 32* Ice Cold Barrel(Back Up)

My Feedback http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=202134

I have a AK Rico Hopper F/S PM If Interested.
Also Have a PMI 68/3000 tank F/S PM If interested.
Ronkend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2004, 08:59 PM   #60
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

ooooooooooohhh

i got u...

-E2 w/ eyes installed
-WGP white delrin bolt
-palmers stabilizer

www.circlepaintball.com