pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-08-2004, 05:10 PM   #81
MasterYoda
Flaming is so last year!

Snake=Victory
I always kick butt when ive got a backman or two watchin the outside lane and i just bear crawl low down the snake i get 2 or 3 people out 80 percent of the time
MasterYoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:30 PM   #82
Diablo_blanco
Squid

Send a message via AIM to Diablo_blanco
one of the best stickies i have ever read. it helped out the team im on a lot. the tourney we went to the 1st of August we placed 5th out of about 15 or so teams after reading this we placed 3rd out of about 15 teams a tourney the 25th of sept. thanks for taking the time to write this.
Diablo_blanco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 07:31 PM   #83
Ghost2867
i dont spam anymore...

Send a message via AIM to Ghost2867
Quote:
Originally posted by MasterYoda
Snake=Victory
I always kick butt when ive got a backman or two watchin the outside lane and i just bear crawl low down the snake i get 2 or 3 people out 80 percent of the time
ur sig is waaaaaaaay too long, buddy...

FreeFlow Lotus red/black body
-E2 w/ eyes installed
-SP full freak kit (aluminum back, red 14" freak tip)
-freeflow SMC ram w/ QEVs
-WGP white delrin bolt
-eclipse rex dialer hammer (dialer not installed)
-palmers stabilizer

everyone buy circle stuff!! lol...
www.circlepaintball.com

Deviant Art <photography, sketches, paintings, digital art, etc etc>
Ghost2867 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 10:05 AM   #84
pballinmachine

I haven't been in competitive play for very long but one of the most valuable tips i've learned from tournaments is to come out of different sides in the sit downs when your snap shooting and even also to make sure that you shoot from all the different corners of the sit down to surprise them so they can't predict where your comin out of. For instance, if a back player is shooting out of the left side of his stand up, and your in the sit down in front of him, come out the left and put a few balls over on the right in case there is anybody in one of the other stand ups (you'll get a better angle on him coming out the left). Then you come around the left side of the stand up in front of you. The guy won't even see you coming unless he doesn't know how to use his angles and he's shooting down his own side instead of across.
pballinmachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 11:14 AM   #85
dog-of-Dislexia
Legend

Quote:
Originally posted by MasterYoda
Snake=Victory
You just said you just started playing the snake recently.
Old 12-11-2004, 08:21 AM   #86
dyekid_11
recognize tsunami victims

my sig is waaaaaaaaaay to long.
dyekid_11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2005, 06:30 PM   #87
paintswappin13

Send a message via AIM to paintswappin13
this is a good tactic to use if you have a pesky back man who is in the corner to take out. you must have 2 people within striking distance of the player. what you do is send the two people to the bunker, one in front, one in back. the one in back moves slower and lays down cover fire. when close enough, he breaks into a full run. the front man is often a sacrifice, as he leads into the bunker, often getting shot. but then, if the first man gets eliminated, the second man catches the man unaware and tags him. and then the man who captures the bunker has a good angle on most enemy players. see the nppl denver 2004 720 trailer for a perfect illustration of this.

srry if i revived a dead thread.
PAINTED
paintswappin13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2005, 07:11 PM   #88
herbert

http://www.webdogradio.us/video/tipclip/

Yo this is a tight site
herbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 AM   #89
speedf50

best strategy against a very slow cautious team, or a team that just isn't expecting it, is run really really far off of the break, get to the other side of their bunker (quietly, no shooting untill you are there) And as long as they think you are a bunker ahead it'l be an easy bunker. But the basic strategy is to move fast when you can, and dont get spotted in the process, works like a charm. Really helps to be fast.
speedf50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2005, 04:29 PM   #90
afroman32

Send a message via AIM to afroman32
Only attempt if playing on a smaller field. Say your a front man trying to make it to the snake off the brea but you know some one will be laneing the snake off the break. You pick a bunker close to the snake and hesitate behind it you wait for them to stop laneing and then quick slide in before they can get set in their bunkers.
afroman32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2005, 06:50 PM   #91
xdrenalinrebel

THis one is kinda tricky to explain, but it has won my team 5 tourneys.

Three man:
On the break, your front player is on the far right. Your back is next to him, and your mid is on the left. The buzzer sounds, the front player runs to the back right stand up. The back player follows him to the bunker, but he's blazing away at the opposition. The mid makes a break and holds the left forty. As the back enter the same bunker as the front, the front makes a break for the fifty. If he makes it there clean, then he should lay down some paint. The mid then moves to the left fifty. The back moves along the back right to your forty. Now you have two guys on the fifty and one on the 40. The front and mid should then move up cautiously, and as soon as they take out the other teams front and mid, they should bunker the opposing back.

Five man:

Both of your fronts should take the 50 off the break. Your mid should be right behind your fronts. First your backs pin down the other teams backs, and then one of your backs moves up and plays mid. After this happens you should make and all out push against the other team.
Old 02-23-2005, 08:11 AM   #92
xdrenalinrebel

Thumbs up

Another good form of communication is hand signals. If you got a front guy that the other team doesn't know where the freak he is, your not gonna blow him by yelling "Hey Bill, yeah try bunkering them now!" NO! get alittle hand gesture that says "hey cover me", or "I'm going for the bunker, or the flag", but don't blow your teams position or strategy.
Old 03-10-2005, 02:47 PM   #93
DevastationCapt

Send a message via AIM to DevastationCapt
Re: Front Player

[quote]Originally posted by w3y

Here's something i saw Aftershock do. When one person moved up, the players behind them would rotate. lemem try to illustrate:

____________A

_______B

_________________C

Let's asuume that A,B,C are all bunkers w/ players behind them. When A moves to another bunk up field, B would take position A and C would take position B. This rotation would happen simultaneously after A was empty. This constant movement and sinchrounous movement was just amazing to watch and is difficult to stop.

Wow, i'd never thought of using something as confusing as that, It would almost create an illusion that they're players are multiplying. Cuase most of the time they focus ont he front player(MOST). And if the players take the spot of the last person, it makes them think that a new player is at that bunker closer to them, "but how? no one moved" they'd think. Man, Nice call their w3y
2005 CVPL Season
=-----------------------=
DevastationCapt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2005, 09:49 PM   #94
bobmarley22
The shiznizzle

Send a message via AIM to bobmarley22
another good point is when you snap to shoot one guy dont leave an open shot for another player on the other team
bobmarley22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 07:34 AM   #95
DarkSpyder

Know how to control a feild. simple as that either by yourself or with a teamate just gain control. Feild knowledge is key too. I personally have defeated 1 on 7 on a feild simply cause i knew the feild and how to control it even by myself. All my team died and I moved to back center held my ground and tore them up 1 by 1. Snap shooting is definently a key skill. Playing all sides of the bunker WITH BOTH HANDS. really fast snapshooting from all angles with both hands and you can hold off so many people just dont stay on one side of your bunker. Use all of it. I slowly picked off these seven guys. I got 2 trying to bunker me 4 trying to snap me out of my own bunker and I came at the last one, he lost me and i got him too. I practice snap shooting quite a bit. Walk the feilds know the key bunkers and practice
DarkSpyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2005, 08:51 AM   #96
XxxWarheartxxX
The hand that feeds.

Send a message via AIM to XxxWarheartxxX
1.)get puped before the day (sounds stupid but look at the pros)

2.)if you are a back player in the beginings shoot the lanes you dont have to waste a hopper juist till the lane is dry

3.)COMMUNICATE one of if not the bigest things in speedball

4.)only pull crazy moves when it is necisary dont do it evry match all the time

5.)you all might lie to yourself and say you are not afraid of the paint but be honest you are nobody likes to get hit with a ball goin 200 miles per hour so what i do before a game is try to take all your fear and ignore it or get rid of it and try to do those great moves
XxxWarheartxxX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2005, 02:56 PM   #97
TehMarker
Jeux Sans Frontieres

Send a message via AIM to TehMarker Send a message via MSN to TehMarker
Quote:
1.)get puped before the day (sounds stupid but look at the pros)
I agree. We should all get puped before the game and day.
Besides that hilariously placed typo, the info is valid.
TehMarker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2005, 07:22 PM   #98
SleePWalK

Send a message via AIM to SleePWalK
Im not sure how you guys fields are set up but a good strat for a back player after the break is to get a back right or back left spot and cross shoot at the opposite side bunker because usualy the back player is more likely to when snap back in lean toward the inside of the bunker giving you a shot for a couple of seconds. and befor they know it there out.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:56 PM   #99
Spar7an
Team Arsenic

Send a message via AIM to Spar7an
i don't know if someone already posted this but this is a great site for begginers to learn some good drills and tactics

http://webdog.specialopspaintball.com/

Spar's marker setup:
Dragun The One (silver>gold), J&J edge elite kit, ACP bolt and ram, MacDev Gladiator, silver dualies, Z drop forward, QEV, MacroLine, T-board w/ ultra chip, 2k2 clammy, Redz clamping feedneck, Halo b w/ rip drive w/ Powerlyte Cranium shell, Crossfire 68/4500 lp tank, Redz flextech & envy softgear
Spar7an is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 04:23 PM   #100
rambosephus
Chicks Dig Love Handles

Send a message via MSN to rambosephus
need some help

I am pretty big guy(6'3" 245) and I have the best wheels on the team(im the fastest) so I play back and then work my way up when need be occasionally pulling some crazy moves......are there any tips that yall can give me to help stay covered and still be able to sling some paint.....it is a little tougher to do that when you are my size...lol..........
~'05 Spyder Pilot ACS ~EvoIII Hopper ~Armson Stealth Barrel - 16" ~32° 6-Stage Expansion Chamber ~Spyder Vertical Adapter ~DyeŽ Spyder Sticky Grip ~SPPS Snapdragon Magno-Trigger ~SPPS 50 Gram Spli-Switch ~Shocktech Spring Kit ~New Designz Spyder HP Valve ~CCM Spyder Heli Clamp No Rise Feedneck ~Shocktech Low Pressure Chamber ~Shocktech Top Cocking Superfly Bolt
~Shocktech 3 Hole Bottom Line ASA ~32° Drop Forward
rambosephus is offline   Reply With Quote