pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 05-11-2006, 07:51 PM   #101
DarkSpyder

Help on moving and hidding

Even being a big or bigger guy or gal moving can be easy as a walk or stroll...Use blind spots. For example like on an X ball field with a huge center X bunker and lots of stand-ups near the center it could be possible to jog or walk up a bunker or two by simply paying attention to the places you can stand or walk in the "safe" areas up the field and then rip on your opposition. Have fun
Old 06-10-2006, 10:46 PM   #102
J0RD@N
Banned

Send a message via AIM to J0RD@N
this is my made up tactic well at least i thinks its made up it might be 1 idk?
SnAkInG
----------------------------------------------------------------------

Off the break one front player sprints as fast as he can to the snake and dives in trying not to be seen while a back player spray paint in massive amounts to create a lil of a diversion while the man is in the snake he tries to stay well hid and he keeps crawling back and forth popping out in diff places surprising the opponets and hopefully get a good angle to get the shots while the second front player if there is or a back player proceed up the field as the snak guy covers and back player tries to get the flag
J0RD@N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2006, 06:08 PM   #103
Mokkie

Well a tactic our team uses for center flag games is this:

Off the break, one man makes it to the middle laydown (the rest of the team does a normal breakout) After the first few seconds of laning and other gunfire dies down, the mid player sprints his *** off to the mid bunker. From their the flag is usually about 5 ft from their bunker. The mid snapshoots at the other team to get them in their bunkers. Then, our back players will lay down some cover fire while our player at the 50 runs out and grabs the flag for a quick 25 points (in the tourneys we play) and either jumps back into his bunker or keeps running and superman dives into the snake. This move, even if the player gets out, draws a ton of fire, allowing our ther front(s) to move up the field into better positions, along with the points we recieve. And if he does stay alive, then we have a player with good angles to help us kill our opponents.
Mokkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2006, 08:21 PM   #104
CADPAT

Easy 1 on 1 tactic. KEEP MOVING. Keep him guessing. Try and move to get angles on him and get him into a position where it is hard for him to maneuver. When he sees you running along, unless he has rediculus aim he should miss, (try sliding). If you get pinned, most people will rush you. Try anti bunkering him or snap shooting from the opposite side of your bunker. Then just run him down.
CADPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2006, 03:48 PM   #105
runningw235
Banned

when you run to your bunker, (no matter how far up the field), you need to be looking up field! This is very important. Most people just stare at the bunker that they are running to. That is wrong. I learned this at a speedball clinic.
runningw235 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2006, 03:58 PM   #106
DirtyBirdy51

Send a message via AIM to DirtyBirdy51
Quote:
Originally Posted by runningw235 View Post
when you run to your bunker, (no matter how far up the field), you need to be looking up field! This is very important. Most people just stare at the bunker that they are running to. That is wrong. I learned this at a speedball clinic.
most people perihiperal vision is fine enough that they can see whats ahead of them without actually looking at it. i look at my bunker when i run to it, and i do just fine.

any one else here get like a sort of distance mis-judgement when playing? i remember one time when i was playing, i couldve sworn that there was a bunker really short distance from me that i couldve goten too, but then when i got out and looked at it from the fide line, it seemed quite the opposite.
DirtyBirdy51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 05:40 PM   #107
unleashed god
the best

Send a message via AIM to unleashed god
i agree with bsucaptainbilly. Ive been in a bunch of tournaments and in our first one we lost because we didn't communicate (and there were alot of penalties on one of our players). I was watching the team that got first place and they talked like no other, literally they didn't stop talking. They won every single game and most of them were perfect 100s. Commincation won for them.
unleashed god is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 04:53 PM   #108
Jodo_Kast
That Blue Empire Guy

Question - What squeege do you prefer for barrel breaks/what works best for you on the feild, during a game? I've of corse tried all my squegees, and have multiple types, but whats the best? I ALWAYS break paint sence my feild's paint is swelled,etc. Thanks for your imput!

Speedball Marker - SP Ion, 14 Blue Freak Jr., Blue SP Clamping Feedneck, Blue SP On/Off Dropdown, 68/4500 Crossfire

()))___Crayon____)))>-------------------
Jodo_Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #109
edudcixlsyd
I have the compass!!

what paint are you using? i usually shoot throguh them and then after game use a pull thru
Old 12-06-2006, 03:41 PM   #110
Jodo_Kast
That Blue Empire Guy

Nitro Duck...Its FPO, so I don't have a choice on what paint I use.

Speedball Marker - SP Ion, 14 Blue Freak Jr., Blue SP Clamping Feedneck, Blue SP On/Off Dropdown, 68/4500 Crossfire

()))___Crayon____)))>-------------------
Jodo_Kast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:45 PM   #111
mkrause

When you are the last playa left and you are out numbered make sure you get to a corner or at least the tape because it gives you less area to try to cover. Depending on how far they are from you a mad run from one corner to the other may help keep them guessing. If you in the back dont stay in the middle move to left back or right back. Its a lot easier to get lucky and take one out making it one on one.
mkrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #112
mkrause

We used codes as well to help keep communication up. We used things like hammer down back right which was code for shot a dtring back right so I can move. 50 is hot meant a oppenents at the 50 or 50 left is hot, etc. Slick left or slick right meant push left side or right. It's been awhile so I forgot a few.
mkrause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 05:59 PM   #113
Pizzaman265

nice post guys!
Pizzaman265 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 06:28 PM   #114
Legionaire10
Unregistered Non-user

Send a message via AIM to Legionaire10
front man tactics:
1. Don't take the most direct route, take the one that gives you the most cover.
2. don't worry about shooting off the break, let the backs handle it.
3. Run like your life depends on it, get there in one piece.
4. learn to snap shoot, its one of the most important aspects of your game.
5. shooting a lot wont always help you. shooting smart will.
6. try to watch your mirror, know his movements, know his timing, shoot one as he comes out.
this is all i can think of from all of my experiances.
Old 09-08-2007, 10:59 PM   #115
Str8_Ballin

I dont really have much to offer in terms of strategies. More of a pointer, an obvious one at that.

Take every opportunity possible to move forward, detected or not. I know if you do move up undetected you can easily take out 1+ player(s). Even if they know your there you've still gained a better angle on them.
TechT L7 Bolt
Warrior Clamping Feedneck
Warrior Roller Trigger
System X Asa on/off
Dye Sticky's
Str8_Ballin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 09:42 AM   #116
kapriece

I see many of you said," keep em guessing." Another way to keep them the other team guessing is to shoot from certain sides of the bunker. For example if where you want go to is closer to the left side of your bunker. Shoot from the right. Pop off a few shots and then get moving. Stay low! The last time they saw you was on the side you shot from.
Everybody's The Enemy
KILL S@#T
kapriece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 08:06 AM   #117
El tormento
Infantry leads the way!

Send a message via Yahoo to El tormento
from my experience with speedball and woodsball both. get the the snake(speedball)
***(i think im using this term correctly, sorry i play more woodsball becuase its closer that the field i play at. correct me if im wrong.)***

in woodsball, get the most cover, and advantageos spot and sit there, unless forced to move.

get covered on 2 sides,its harder for you to get flanked around, or get a big bunker to hide behind. get to where you can see more of the field. same goes with woodsball. know your area.

both types of paintball are similar, just differs on speed of the game and team actions, and the scenario aspects of it too. im stopping here, dont want to flame and get this thread shut down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legionaire10 View Post
front man tactics:
1. Don't take the most direct route, take the one that gives you the most cover.
2. don't worry about shooting off the break, let the backs handle it.
3. Run like your life depends on it, get there in one piece.
4. learn to snap shoot, its one of the most important aspects of your game.
5. shooting a lot wont always help you. shooting smart will.
6. try to watch your mirror, know his movements, know his timing, shoot one as he comes out.
this is all i can think of from all of my experiances.

Setup: T98C, 14" J&J ceramic barrel, rap4 aluminum powertube, cyclone feed system with x7 metal internals, squishy paddles(LP hopper), tech-t fang trigger, zero-kick hammer, spec-ops commando air-thru stock, cobra remote with attached palmers stabilizer.
El tormento is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:37 AM   #118
jablasta5150
Ballin

wel i can see that every one in this seems to like bunkering and as much i would love to talk about the snake(thats my postion i have to ask about laneing. i have not seen it and i just thjought it would be a good idea to put in and cause two of my teammates who are kinda new need to know how to lane and i cant seem to explain it.....

Aw I'm sorry are those My balls in your face?!

Put this in your sig if you play religiously

Gun for hire! looking for team in Port Charlotte area! Just moved back so got no home field! I am registered at APPA
jablasta5150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2008, 07:21 AM   #119
SaDisticPaint16
prolly owning right now

yo dickhead who r the 2 new players

jess and pat?

Blue/black PM5 w tadao, Nitro duck 88/4500, halo b
back up...ion w 7th element board

Chuck see's all
SaDisticPaint16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2008, 05:20 PM   #120
Holland
Banned

Send a message via Skype™ to Holland
i play 3 man and i send one man on snake and one in mid dereto then i play stand ups and fill in for either or i put 2 in dereto and i play snake (when we play stock)
Holland is offline   Reply With Quote