pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Stories

Old 02-15-2010, 05:10 PM   #1
code333
International Paintballer

Paintball in the Jungle

Hello Everyone,

I was visiting Costa Rica this month and played paintball in the jungle. What an experience. I've played paintball back at home which is always a lot of fun but being in the jungle with enormous trees and thick bush for coverage was pretty surreal. I felt like I was in one of those movies like Apocalypse Now. The staff were friendly and visiting the park where the paintball field is located was worth the trip it self. Upon arrival to the field, we saw monkeys, parrots, large lizards and what not. The paintball field is located in the Caribbean Coast in a town of Puerto Viejo in Costa Rica. I checked their web site before posting: www.paintball-costarica.com
We bought tickets at a local hotel. The name was Lizard King Hotel (named after Jim Morrison) on the main road which is actually where we stayed, nice hotel by the way: www.lizardkingresort.com Anyhow, always looking to play some more paintball if anyone has any leads, thanks!

Last edited by code333 : 02-18-2010 at 09:03 AM.
code333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #2
guyman5
guyman5

i just went to the site it looks like lots of fun i might make resrvations this summer with the family
Old 02-18-2010, 07:45 AM   #3
crpb4life

Thumbs up My first time at paintball in Costa Rica

I actually went to this paintball field. It was my first time playing paintball. At first I did not know what to expect and I have to admit a bit nervous since I'd had never been in the jungle. However the jungle was actually beautiful and the owners had the paintball field very nicely manicured for paintball playing. In the end I had a great time. They have two fields one with a lot of hills and hiding places and deep trenches. I actually shot the opposite team while hidden underneath the huge tree root popping out of the ground. The other field is long and open with many obstacles for coverage. It is good place for snipers. Anyhow, I recommend this paintball field: friendly staff, nice fields and environment, gear seemed very professional and it was great experience. Looking forward to doing it again.

I bought tickets at the hotel Lizard King in Puerto Viejo (cool beach/surf town)
crpb4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM   #4
crpb4life

Wink More info

Oh I forgot to mention, they also provide you with transportation and lunch. Cool huh.
crpb4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:26 AM   #5
paintballnator

Lightbulb

This is good to know. I'm visiting Costa Rica in a month. I was not planing on going to the Caribbean side of Costa Rica but it seems like a good option from what I'm reading on the net. I love playing paintball. Paintball jungle seems like the thing to do over there. Some buddies of mine played paintball in Costa Rica and had a good time.
paintballnator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #6
code333

Hello Guy, yeah I think you'll love it.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:40 AM   #7
code333

Question The roots location

What's up crpb4life, I also used those huge tree roots for cover also LOL! Those roots are awesome for a sniper position.
Old 02-18-2010, 08:57 AM   #8
code333

Talking Nice town

What's going on Paintballnator - I like the name (Terminator - Paintballnator)
The Caribbean Coast is awesome. I think you'll like it. Paintball Costa Rica is the only paintball field there so can't miss it. They use good paintball DXS
Old 02-18-2010, 09:00 AM   #9
code333

Thumbs up transportation and lunch

Oh and I wanted add to the lunch and transportation. They picked us up at our hotel where we were staying at. This made a huge difference since I had a hard time getting up - to many cerbesas the night before and the lunch was a ham and cheese sandwich on french bread which kicked in nicely after working up an appetite.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:12 PM   #10
sniper8

That sounds amazing. I'm going to Puerto Rico this summer. I'll have to check out to see if they have anything like that. Anybody know off hand?
Old 02-19-2010, 12:08 PM   #11
bethopea

thanks to all who are writing about this field!
we need more people like you...
bethopea is offline   Reply With Quote