pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

View Poll Results: Is sniping possible?
Yes, in all cases 126 14.25%
Only in Woodsball/Scenario\'s 375 42.42%
It is possible but not effective 219 24.77%
Never 164 18.55%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-14-2007, 01:41 PM   #221
GaNjA HiTMaN
P'Ballin OG'r (RIP OG)

"Long Tr'ang"

"White Feather" - due to the feather he kept in his hat. Knocked a VC mule off a bicycle at over 2000 yds with a modified .50 cal machine gun equipped with a scope.

One Shot One Kill - Good book...

Peace

Tippmann Pro-E/"Winpex"/Razzor barrels/Cyclone feed/X7 hopper/Coil remote w QD+SC/24 oz co2/Tacamo carstock/custom foregrip/raised rail/Tasco reddot 1x30

WGP Prostock '04
50/3000 Worrgas HPA
Ricochet Apache
GaNjA HiTMaN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2007, 08:24 PM   #222
frasermckean

I almost always have a partner that has a fast gun. That way they can cover you if you need to fall back. They also act as a very good distraction.

I think snipers should have pumps. This is not a must but i think it emphasizes the point a little bit better.
frasermckean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2007, 03:17 PM   #223
mikeh9292

Well I sniper
Old 05-03-2007, 07:07 PM   #224
AlexBizzar

Send a message via MSN to AlexBizzar
I have that book! It's awesome... sort of (didn't quite dig the "Banshee" lady too much). Anyways, I agree to some of the previous statements made on the very first thread. One can take targets from afar, however, it might not always be on the first shot due to the horrible characteristics of CO2 (and air in general). All in all it comes down to really knowing your marker and how comfortable you are with it. I know that my marker will shoot a ball with a slight hook to the rite every now and then, so I adjust and hope the first shot will be my best from the outside factors I've (hopefully) added into my ball placement.
Also, I think some people in this thread are a bit too into this whole "sniping deal." NONE OF YOU ARE SNIPERS AND NEITHER AM I. If any of you are/were a USMC Sniper then a tip-of-the-cap to you, sir. The rest of you are just people who look like snipers that can shoot a ball a bit further than the next guy.
AlexBizzar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2007, 03:38 PM   #225
Snow Nader

I use Specop's defintion of a sniper which is someone in the woods only who waits till an enemy is really close but slightly past him and he takes him out with one or 2 shots then drops back into the brush to set up another ambush
Old 05-06-2007, 12:46 PM   #226
pope120
Banned

this is kind of hard to answer because i dont want to say that you can only snipe in woodsball/scenario play, but i dont want to say you cant in speedball... so i will just say that you DONT have to have a long barrel but you do have to have patience and a steady hand. my definition of a sniper is someone who can shoot a target in one shot and be accurate with it that means from 20ft. to 200ft. I really dont care wither way its sniping.

I will be more thorough with my answer later since i have to leave in about 2 minutes and have no time but if you want to argue with my answer please...please feel free... for i love to argue..
pope120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2007, 11:53 AM   #227
Shadow Nugz
Hardline

My opinion

Me, being a dedicated woodsballer, have seen dozens of people who think they are snipers.

I have even tried to be a sniper, dedicated long hours to training on concealment and good shooting. Nonetheless I failed miserably in becoming a sniper.

The people I see call themselves snipers because they have an A-5 with a scope, a long barrell, and a stock on it. These are not snipers.

I do not deny the existence of snipers but most people who try fail, unfortunatly most consider themselves good. Until they face an actual sniper.

The easiest way to tell a snipe from a wannabe is to get your local sniper (everyone has one handy) and let them face off in the woods. The better sniper wil win. That is unless the wannabe just sprays and prays, which will denote their non-sniperism.

True snipers keep their heads under fire. Unlike normal players, most of whom would fire as quickly as posssible in the general direction of the enemy. Snipers will calmly look towards where the balls are coming from and cooly pluck off a shot or two to instantly silence the enemy.

Thats my opinion, thank you for reading, any questions about certain aspects of my discussions PM me. Thanks.
-Caboose from Red vs. Blue

Future WGP Trilogy Tactical Owner
Shadow Nugz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 10:23 AM   #228
Atomsk
Pirate King

Wow this is by far the most mature sniper thread I've ever seen, so I'll try and be just as open-minded with my opinion.

This is the way I qualify a paintball sniper:
A. Besides the beginning of the game where everyone starts at there main base, a sniper should almost never be at the main base. The only exception to this rule would be to be a "counter-sniper", or "sniper-spotter" This can be helpful in protecting the high command, because a true sniper will know how the opponent thinks and be able to prevent losses in the command chain. Besides this, any supposed "Sniper" in the main base is just a camper, not a sniper at all.

B. Yes, it is essentially true that all paintball guns with the right paint/bore match, and similar velocity will shoot about the same range. No gun will ever significantly out-range any other with the sole exception of the flat-line barrel system. So how does this define a sniper? Even without the flatline a good sniper will be a master at estimating shots. Just like real marine snipers, a paintball sniper has to take into account the wind, weather, humidty, overall temperature, distance and trajectory. A good sniper will estimate all of this instinctively, you learn this through lots of practice.

C. Concealment, now here's where I think everyone would be a paintball sniper technically if this was all you were judging by. I mean don't we all shoot from concealed positions every once in a while? The answer is yes, ambushes, good hiding spots, etc. Almost everyone who's played woodsball has shot from a concealed position. So how does a "Sniper" go above and beyond? Simple, unlike most of us who usually justr doddle around until a good fire-fight, snipers move slowly, quietly, and patiently deep into enemy territory. I know I'm too impatient to crawl 200 yards just to get 5-10 good shots, but a good sniper will do it, and then go even deeper into enemy turf. At my last scenario game my team's "Sniper" and my little brother, singlehandedly took out the other teams commander, radio guy, three body guards, and then told us the enemy's troop movements. Keep in mind he is a good one hundred fifty yards past the main battle. He even told us he got some guys casually talking to eachother as they were going down a path to reinforce the main force. He told me that one of the guys thought it was friendly fire, because of how far from the main fight it was. Now the enemy had less reinforcements, and a menace making operations hectic. If thats not beautiful stealth/tactics I don't know what is.

D. "Real Snipers" don't get the title by buying a "sniper-gun" or ghuille-suit, and they especially lose my respect if they are self-proclaimed snipers. When I hear someone say "I snipe people all day man, I hit them from like 400 feet." This just screams wannabe, first off I'm not kidding I've heard people say they hit people at ridiculous/impossible ranges. Secondly a true sniper doesn't announce it to everyone before a game, thats just asking to be hunted down and owned. The way we decided who our group sniper was by skill. My brother though not better than me in the areas I specialize in, just outclasses me in all areas required to be a sniper. We awarded him the title as our team's sniper. Even with the Title its not really official, just kind of a sign of respect for his skills.

E. Of course there are small exceptions, and its not like there is a official "sniper-council" to determine it, and people will always have there own opinions, but realize when that one good shot comes out of nowhere while your walking to the main battle and your hit in the goggle give some respect to the role of a sniper.
Old 06-09-2007, 01:33 PM   #229
Nuclee369
Rock N' Cock

Send a message via AIM to Nuclee369
I am the brother of Atomsk, part of his story he says i took out the leader and body guards, this isn't true he was trying to give me more credit then i deserve. i am our "sniper", my gun is a stock class pump, phantom as you see in my avatar

In the game he mentioned, it was a 4 event game that went 10 hours, my final kill-to-death ration was 52 kills, 3 deaths. keep in mind there was a respawn every 15 minutes, each game was a little over 2 hours and there was 150 vs 150(americans vs germans), so for a 10 hour day, dieng 3 times was all most nothing.

But going to sniping, in the first post, it claims that scopes, sights and rails do not work on paintball guns, i completley disagree, i had played with a phantom for over 4 years and the first 3 years i didnt have a scope, red dot, or any sight rail. on my fourth year i bought a cci phantom ghost ring and the thing is amazing, i used to miss some shots, because my gun shot accurate, but me as a person wouldn't like up the shot right, now with a basic circle with a point to line the shot up i rarely ever miss a shot.

I've played for 8 years, and learned a lot along the way, and 1 thing i know, is that there is a paintball sniper. a sniper doesn't wear a ghillie suit, or have an 18X zoom scope, a sniper goes out and shoots 100 shots and hits 90 people, that is the most intelligent way i have heard it put

every 1 should use concealment, but not every 1 uses stealth, youcan hide behind a tree and conceal yourself but once you've been found a person who is not a sniper will usually become jumpy and end up trying to shoot there way out with firepower, and firepower is never a replacement for skill. when i get shot at i will either not fire back untill i can snap and see my target and when i find them i use stealth to move and get an angle, and when the enemy is shooting at a tree they think i am at i pop out for less than 1 second and leave a splatter right across there goggles and they have no idea i even moved.

a sniper does not need a flatline of a barrel with more distance to snipe, a sniper needs wit to know when to shoot and when to hold there fire, as a pump player, i usually am 1 of the more dominent players at every field i go to and every 1 thinks, why do you use a pump, you'll just get owned in a firefight, and when they leave these games they think that my gun is more accurate and shoots further, when in reality pump players and snipers aren't all ways more accurate guns, they are more accurate people that shoot only when they know they have a shot and know how to use there gun so well, that people assume that they have more accurate guns because every time they shoot they get some one out.

a sniper will retreat, not because they are scared to fight, but to suck the enemy in and get them when they least expect it, a sniper will get charged and the rusher will think they will succesfully bunker the sniper, because they think more firepower will win, and then half way to the bunker they'll see a half a second glimpse of my all black vents and walk to the dead box in shame underestimating the sniper, the power of the sniper comes in the tactics and execution, not the gun they buy called the spyder sniper pack with a scope

My thought on some parts of the first post, silencers are very very effective, and i won't talk about them any further then that because i don't know this forums rules at all,scopes are basically useless, i agree there, but sight rails are a great way to line up a shot, snipers don't need flatlines, i agree, they just need to know how to judge the arc of the ball and wind to hit a target from a greater distance, i think ghillie suits are very "wannabe" sniper, personally i allways wear all black, you may think this doesnt work, but in science, we did an experiment with camo, digi camo, ghillie, and black... and the human eye visually picks up on movement, and ghillies move and the colors cause irregularity causing them to be useless within 150 feet (usually the farthest apart you'll be able to hit on a paintball field) but they use this in the militairy because they can be half miles away from an infantry while sniping, but also in science we found digital camo was more effective than image camo, and black was suprisingly the most effective of them all, and hitting on 21 inch barrels, with 270-300 fps markers, 14 inches is the longest the barrel can be without slowingdown the ball, my science teacher plays paintball and he did all the formulas and all that and he proved this to be true

and just back to me, 8 out of every 10 of my kills, come from head shots and goggle shots, and when people i play with say there is no such thing as a sniper i go on the other team and leave them with a big orange spot on there goggles and a whole new out look on the existance of snipers

Last edited by Nuclee369 : 06-09-2007 at 01:50 PM.
Nuclee369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2007, 03:51 PM   #230
Nuclee369
Rock N' Cock

Last edited by Nuclee369 : 06-09-2007 at 03:52 PM. Reason: My brother's Account my bad
Old 06-09-2007, 03:58 PM   #231
Atomsk
Pirate King

yeah seriously my bad, I forgot to log off my bro's account, so he didn't double post I did by mistake.

Anyways, my bro may have came off as arrogant, but he is the real deal. When he said he goggs most people he shoots this is no joke, he really does. He defended a position from like 30 guys charging down Mount Serabachi in the 4-pack event at Battlefront, 15-20 of the guys went off with mask shots. I'm surprised people don't get pissed, because hen ruins goggles every round lol. He even managed to gog me "once" keyword "once". So don't think he's just blowin smoke, he wouldn't be the team sniper if he was. After all, as the teams leader, I turn to him when I need to go inside a snipers mind to find out where enemy snipers may try and infiltrate.
Old 06-09-2007, 06:36 PM   #232
Sparky_500
PRTFW

Hitting people in the lens or "gogging" =/= sniper

You are a marksman, not a sniper, you snuck up on people and shot them, good for you.

Oh, and black is not as effective as CADPAT (unless it't the middle of the night), sorry to disappoint you.

And playing pump does not make you a sniper either.
Old 06-09-2007, 07:31 PM   #233
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclee369 View Post
and the human eye visually picks up on movement, and ghillies move and the colors cause irregularity causing them to be useless within 150 feet (usually the farthest apart you'll be able to hit on a paintball field) but they use this in the militairy because they can be half miles away from an infantry while sniping, but also in science we found digital camo was more effective than image camo, and black was suprisingly the most effective of them all,

One of the reasons a good ghillie suit is effective is that it moves with the wind. Nothing says "sniper at your feet" like a patch of grass that isn't moving in the breeze.

I suggest you get someone with STA experience to get in a ghillie suit and run your experiment again.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 07:44 AM   #234
Nuclee369
Rock N' Cock

at the distances we tested even when it blows, the ghillie is generally ineffective, mainly because when the wind blows threw the ghillie from a close range you can see faulty parts of the ghillie, and then find the mask of the person wearing it, they can be effective if made to perfection, and even if they have no bad spots, and have a well covered mask... is any one willing to stay in 1 spot the whole entire game, because i know if i see some one running around with a fat *** ghillie dangling i'll remember were they lay down, and there laying down... so if they are spotted in firing range they are completley screwed 95% of the time, unless the person doing this is a completley terrible shot, or if there not laying down, then you have a bush standing 5 feet high with the outline of a person... and as if thats not obvious, and kneeling down may leave a ok visual but when you go to shoot, your ghillie would shake around alot when you pop back in and out of your bunker, and unlike wearing all black, with a ghillie you have a lot of dangling material swaying around after you snap shoot, were as for me i pop in and out and the only person who can see me only sees me for 1 second max, and i have a silencer that works pretty effective, so there is usually no sound or view of me from any one else on the other team has any idea of were i am aside from there teammate walking out with there hands up and a nice spot on there lense...

and no were in my original post say the words "i use a pump i am a sniper", i beleive my gun set up is similar to a sniper, not because it's a pump, because it's ROF is around 1.5 shots a second and it has a 15 shot "clip", this is very similar to the knights armorment sr-25, it is silenced, has a stock, has a bi-pod, and is very accurate, so it's not the fact that the pump makes me a sniper, my gun set-up is similar to 1 that exist, and i know it isn't a real gun, and i don't think a pump makes me shoot farther and more accurate, i got into paintball, because it was the most fun thing that i could find that is close to war, so i like to have my position reflect what i like to be, a sniper, it is no were near as accurate or as long range, but i play the part with low fire power, and high accuracy and stealth

Last edited by Nuclee369 : 06-10-2007 at 08:15 AM.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:07 PM   #235
Sparky_500
PRTFW

It sounds to me like you're snapshooting, not sniping.

It also sounds like you're breaking the law, unless you have a license for that silencer.
Old 06-10-2007, 12:12 PM   #236
Evil_Wayz
Malevolence Personified

Location: Gainesville, Florida, HOME OF THE MIGHTY GATORS aka TITLETOWN,USA
Send a message via AIM to Evil_Wayz Send a message via MSN to Evil_Wayz Send a message via Yahoo to Evil_Wayz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuclee369 View Post
at the distances we tested even when it blows, the ghillie is generally ineffective, mainly because when the wind blows threw the ghillie from a close range you can see faulty parts of the ghillie, and then find the mask of the person wearing it, they can be effective if made to perfection, and even if they have no bad spots, and have a well covered mask... is any one willing to stay in 1 spot the whole entire game, because i know if i see some one running around with a fat *** ghillie dangling i'll remember were they lay down, and there laying down... so if they are spotted in firing range they are completley screwed 95% of the time, unless the person doing this is a completley terrible shot, or if there not laying down, then you have a bush standing 5 feet high with the outline of a person... and as if thats not obvious, and kneeling down may leave a ok visual but when you go to shoot, your ghillie would shake around alot when you pop back in and out of your bunker, and unlike wearing all black, with a ghillie you have a lot of dangling material swaying around after you snap shoot, were as for me i pop in and out and the only person who can see me only sees me for 1 second max, and i have a silencer that works pretty effective, so there is usually no sound or view of me from any one else on the other team has any idea of were i am aside from there teammate walking out with there hands up and a nice spot on there lense...
Wehn I play scneraio with my fire team, My lens is camoflaged and i wear a ghillie that goes to my thighs. (I traded for it from a scout sniper in a recon sta platoon, its no cheap piece of crap.) I'm not a sniper, Im teh heavy rifleman/suppressive fire assaultman, and while yes, my ghillie is military grade, in the fields of florida it is highly effective even at close range. I usually go prone and move in between calls for fire.

Ghillie suits are not really mean for vertical stalk, even if they sell them. They are meant for slow movement across terrain. Not meant for quick pickup games but for scenario, IMHFO.
Semper Fidelis
La Illaha Illa Shaitan
"Marines die. That's what we are here for. But the Marine Corps will live forever."
Evil_Wayz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2007, 03:53 PM   #237
Atomsk
Pirate King

my bro isn't trying to start a flame war, he's just saying a guille suit isn't going to make you invisible, because when you run, like most of us do, you give away your position. Another thing is, you said black is terrible for stealth, but we can never find him, when your wearing all black you can lay in a shadow and be undetected. He wears a hoodie so until he aims you can't even see him if the shadow is dark enough. You do have a point though, in the everglades tall-grass I'd probably not see you even if I stepped on you, you're right. I'm just saying at some fields that don't have tall-grass I've seen what we jokingly call "crawling bushes" these are the people I'm talking about, Its a mass of leafs moving, how obvious is that. Anyways we usually just laugh and shoot at them, effectively turning there guille into a "christmas bush". You also said aren't silencers illegal, maybe, I could ask my cousin he's a police officer in my area. If they are we will remove it, but I doubt they care anyways. Lastly yes it does sound like he's just snap-shooting mainly because he is. Just because he's our team's "sniper" doesn't mean he's outside other peoples range, it just means "most of the time" he hits many people from a concealed position and gets away unnoticed and untouched. However this doesn't mean "Always" Of course he gets spotted every once and a while, he's not perfect. Yet when he does get into this situation he maintains his mindset "accuracy over fire-power" So to answer your question yes he does snap-shoot when we play speedball, or small-field rec-ball, but when we are at a big field like battlefront, he uses the size of the field to maneuever stealthily into enemy territory and confuse the other team. This is what makes him a sniper.

A funny thing happened one time, even at our small home-town "outlaw ball" field (We don't have a chrono, but we can tell when someones hot) Well anyways onto my story, it was not my brightest moment, as my bro made me look like a tactical moron. We were walking through the woods spread out looking for the last person on there team, my bro. We spread out to find him easier, and make it harder for him to hit all three of us fast. One of my team members started shooting at our other team member (at least it looked this way from my angle) I told him to stop shooting at him, he said he was shooting where brett was, then the team member I thought he was shooting at walked off the field, gun raised. I assumed my team mate shot him, so I shot him myself. (I didn't know the kid that well, it was nuclee's friend) Then I got hit in the chest, thus ending the game. It turns out, he really was shooting into the meadow, but didn't know where nuclee was. So what really happened was this. Mr. D, got shot by brett, I shot my own teammate, thinking he was some sort of spy, and brett shot me, not exactly my brightest moment. As we walked to the dead-box I looked to see brett rise up out of the tall-grass in the meadow, in a spot I would have never guessed. (what a surprise) Now you can call me an idiot, noob, moron whatever you want, but realize we sometimes have spy's in our games at our field. The end point is, whether he meant to cause this confusion or not, it was certainly sniper-esque.

A. He caused chaos and confusion in the ranks.
B. We had no clue where he was.
c. He eliminated a whole squad before being located, and was only located because the game had ended.

Now you can say he's just a good shot, or anybody could have done that, but I disagree. By shooting only one shot at the first team mate, and having my other team-mate spraying and praying, he effectively caused confusion in the ranks, I then shot my own teammate thinking he was the spy made my brother's job even easier. He effectively eliminated three players with two shots, that sounds like a sniper to me.
Old 06-10-2007, 04:08 PM   #238
Sparky_500
PRTFW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomsk View Post
my bro isn't trying to start a flame war, he's just saying a guille suit isn't going to make you invisible, because when you run, like most of us do, you give away your position. Another thing is, you said black is terrible for stealthWhen? I said CADPAT was more effective., but we can never find him, when your wearing all black you can lay in a shadow and be undetected. He wears a hoodie so until he aims you can't even see him if the shadow is dark enough. You do have a point though, in the everglades tall-grass I'd probably not see you even if I stepped on you, you're right. I'm just saying at some fields that don't have tall-grass I've seen what we jokingly call "crawling bushes" these are the people I'm talking about, Its a mass of leafs moving, how obvious is that. Anyways we usually just laugh and shoot at them, effectively turning there guille into a "christmas bush". You also said aren't silencers illegal, maybe, I could ask my cousin he's a police officer in my area. If they are we will remove it, but I doubt they care anyways. Lastly yes it does sound like he's just snap-shooting mainly because he is. Just because he's our team's "sniper" doesn't mean he's outside other peoples range, it just means "most of the time" he hits many people from a concealed position and gets away unnoticed and untouched. However this doesn't mean "Always" Of course he gets spotted every once and a while, he's not perfect. Yet when he does get into this situation he maintains his mindset "accuracy over fire-power" So to answer your question yes he does snap-shoot when we play speedball, or small-field rec-ball, but when we are at a big field like battlefront, he uses the size of the field to maneuever stealthily into enemy territory and confuse the other team. This is what makes him a sniper.

A funny thing happened one time, even at our small home-town "outlaw ball" field (We don't have a chrono, but we can tell when someones hot) Well anyways onto my story, it was not my brightest moment, as my bro made me look like a tactical moron. We were walking through the woods spread out looking for the last person on there team, my bro. We spread out to find him easier, and make it harder for him to hit all three of us fast. One of my team members started shooting at our other team member (at least it looked this way from my angle) I told him to stop shooting at him, he said he was shooting where brett was, then the team member I thought he was shooting at walked off the field, gun raised. I assumed my team mate shot him, so I shot him myself. (I didn't know the kid that well, it was nuclee's friend) Then I got hit in the chest, thus ending the game. It turns out, he really was shooting into the meadow, but didn't know where nuclee was. So what really happened was this. Mr. D, got shot by brett, I shot my own teammate, thinking he was some sort of spy, and brett shot me, not exactly my brightest moment. As we walked to the dead-box I looked to see brett rise up out of the tall-grass in the meadow, in a spot I would have never guessed. (what a surprise) Now you can call me an idiot, noob, moron whatever you want, but realize we sometimes have spy's in our games at our field. The end point is, whether he meant to cause this confusion or not, it was certainly sniper-esque. sounds more like an ambush to me

A. He caused chaos and confusion in the ranks.see previous point
B. We had no clue where he was.
c. He eliminated a whole squad before being located, and was only located because the game had ended. 2 people, you got one of them out

Now you can say he's just a good shot, or anybody could have done that, but I disagree. By shooting only one shot at the first team mate, and having my other team-mate spraying and praying, he effectively caused confusion in the ranks, I then shot my own teammate thinking he was the spy made my brother's job even easier. He effectively eliminated three players with two shots, that sounds like a sniper to me.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #239
Nuclee369
Rock N' Cock

i guess you could qualify that as an ambush, but the fact was this was not me showcasing the shots i can do in longballs, i will point out this was me about 110 feet out into the meadow, the person i shot "mr.d" was from 110 feet, and i was in the meadow, he was in the start of the woods, and i shot 1 ball, none of the 3 knew were i was, atomsk saw "nuclee's friend" aimed at the person i had just shot out, thinking he was a spy he ended up yelling to him why did you shoot "mr. d" , he didnt, it was because i was about 210 feet out from him and i was in very good cover, a shady part of a meadow, in the 1 trees shade in a bush, allmost impossible to see from 35 feet, he was 210... and 1 of his players just walked off, and "nuclees friend" was aimed at "mr.d" who i had shot, he thought that "nuclee's friend" was a spy, and he shot him out...so quick recap before i finish the story

Nuclee369/Brett(me)-->Kills Mr.D (110 feet)
Nuclee's Friend---> aims at mr.d's area (40 feet)
Atomsk---> Kills Nuclee's friend (35 feet)
Nuclee369/Brett-->Kills atomsk (210 feet)

keep in mind the range is in different directions and angles, and they are farely accurate (i admire my shots, and recognize distance in easy ones), so the sniper part was, all 3 of the enemy's died 1 way or another, i was 110 feet from the closest person, and none of the 3 had any idea at all were i was. and the thing is i can hit around 260 feet to 300 feet at my maximum and these shots were farely common easy shots for me, because i know my gun very well, and practise aiming and shooting certain distances alot, i have played 8 years and for about 7 of them i practised shooting accuratley with my gun set the way for me, so an easy shot from 210 feet from me to atomsk, is an allmost impossible shot for him with out having that same sort of long ball and accuracy with my gun from years training... i am not trying to flame, just clarifying the situation

Last edited by Nuclee369 : 06-11-2007 at 01:40 AM.
Old 06-11-2007, 01:38 AM   #240
Atomsk
Pirate King

lol by causing the confusion he eliminated 3. By that I mean he got me to think my teammate was a spy thus, leading me to eliminate one more player. You said it sounds like an ambush, and essentially yes, it is. The type though is unlike any I've ever seen, because

A. he was very far off
B In a regular ambush you usually shoot into the crowd very fast, he shot one and let confusion set in for about a minute while he moved stealthily to another position and hit me. We also had no idea where he was, I've never seen an ambush where after the initial shots were fired I still didn't know where the enemy was. I have perfect vision and hearing yet triangulating a single shot from off in the distance from a concealed position is next-to impossible. While triangulating a regular ambush where lots of shots are fired is fairly easy.