pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

View Poll Results: Is sniping possible?
Yes, in all cases 126 14.25%
Only in Woodsball/Scenario\'s 375 42.42%
It is possible but not effective 219 24.77%
Never 164 18.55%
Voters: 884. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #301
MJ(daKAMAKAZZE)

Thumbs up

hey, i just want to say, im glad i finally found someone that know and feels that same about sniping,

and you might want to think of adding this to your post,

"ALTHOUGH PEOPLE THINK THAT BIGGER THE BARREL BETTER THE ACCURACY, AND LIKE HOW YOU SAID THE FRICTION OF THE BARREL LONGER IT IS DECREASES THE ACCURACY, WELL 14 INCHES IS THE BEST CHOICE FOR A BARREL, IT HAS THE BEST ACCURACY WITHOUT A LOSS OF FRICTION, AND ANYTHING OVER 14inches WILL INCREASE THE USE OF C02 IN YOUR GUN WITH OUT CHANGING THE VELOCITY".
/ \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \ / \
http://brigade.specialopspaintball.c..._banner_01.gif
MJ(daKAMAKAZZE) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:00 AM   #302
tac1snipa
Tac1snipa

Send a message via AIM to tac1snipa
O.K. People. This is what a sniper does that a normal player working with a squad does not. They work from a concealed position shooting members of squads one by one while staying concealed.
soon to come ULE Freak with stiff tip 88ci 4500psi warp feed

if your going to shoot my gun make sure your not hallucinating
tac1snipa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:42 PM   #303
bluetorch118

Send a message via AIM to bluetorch118
sniper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CriticalCrysis View Post
the is no such thing as snipping.
you cant look through a scope and hit the target with one hit.
its paintball.
every shot you fire has a different fps.
it doesnt work.

you obviously don't know what a sniper does. The high powered guns and one shot one kills are not top priority for any sniper. its the fact that they can conceal themselves provide recon for his own team and go undetected much longer then anyone else giving them greater opportunites to score the one shot one kill
bluetorch118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 04:34 PM   #304
ems
Body bagged

heres how it sounds to me

i think there are snipers i done the dirty little deed of picking people off with my 98 and then again ive gotten up in personal with the 98 with a scope and then theres me again with a blaze of rounds out of a proto there are to me three main catagoreies to me.
first is the SOLIDER he is the person that does any thing that can be done he usealy is the person up fornts
then there is snipers that do in some reasons and then hang back but then again i have heard of snipers going deep in to enemy territory so there i belive in thee roll of the snipers
then there is the abosolte roll of gunners these are most likely the newbs cause they belive that the for the they spray the more kills made then again here is the simple fact the more they will pay but these to me are the ones that play speed ball and the ones when they go and play woods ball they cant belive in there minds that some one can be accurate to hit you maybe get behind you so then they never will accepet that there is the qualified roll of the sniper and this is the most disagreement i have seen since bush was relected so then i come down to the wannabes they should try the front lines i have i loved it but i am also forced to take the high accurace roll of the known threat the sniper
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 11:46 PM   #305
Ironman289
Paintball......

Ive heard a few names mentioned about historys "greatest sniper" so I thought Id put in my 2 cents worth. Simo Hayha, he is creadited with 542 kills with IRON SIGHTS. He did use a scope for a VERY SHORT time but took it off. His tactics were the embodiement of a sniper and exceed every definition of the word.You should really read about this guy.

Yes a sniper does exist in paintball BUT are not one shot one kill snipers (although it happens...rarely) and for the most part are not practical.
Ironman289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 06:01 AM   #306
loyalsoldier
stealth is key

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolfwarrior View Post
is there any alternatives to the ghillie im tired of the heat would basic woodland us bdus work?
You could try using a mesh ghille from Bass Pro outlet (one place I know has them). The up side obviously is that it will breath, the down side is that it won't be quite as effective.
loyalsoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:21 AM   #307
TopDogPaintball

Personally a paintball sniper doesnt have really any more range then just a regular player. Its mainly all about staying concealed and patient waiting for the right moment. At least with standard paintballs. Now while I havent tired them yet the new Tiberius Arms First Stirke Sniper rounds are designed to go twice as far and twice as accurate. Very cool only problem is you have to buy one of their markers with their conversion kit in order to be able to use the rounds. The marker set up is a bit expensive but its defiantly the next gun on my list.

Check out my stats at Special Ops Brigade
TopDogPaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2010, 01:12 PM   #308
TPBSniper

Getting in range

Here's my brief take.

Doesn't seem to be an issue of range. "Long range" doesn't seem to exist. But camo, stealth and patience are HUGE. Contrast that with three or four man tactics and you have a style of gameplay that would be considered sniping.

Doug

Tactical Paintball Sniper Field Journal - Tips for stealth, movement, camo and more. Tactical Paintball Sniper Dot Com
TPBSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 09:31 AM   #309
TPBSniper

It seems that two non-negotiables are both camouflage and stealth of some sort. Has anyone used the "sniper" role as a recon/intel gatherer?

Doug
TPBSniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 01:37 PM   #310
ems
Body bagged

ya the recon is usually i shot you... which i had the people at my field scared of me in the bushes...
ems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 08:46 AM   #311
dubpaintball

I'm just browsing for some good and informative stuff then i found this thread interesting. Thank you for sharing your ideas here guys.....Keep it up....

My favorite paintball sniper rifle supply.
dubpaintball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 09:52 AM   #312
wabango$
*sigh*

Send a message via AIM to wabango$ Send a message via MSN to wabango$
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluetorch118 View Post
you obviously don't know what a sniper does. The high powered guns and one shot one kills are not top priority for any sniper. its the fact that they can conceal themselves provide recon for his own team and go undetected much longer then anyone else [or who can hide the longest] giving them greater opportunites to score the one shot one kill
You obviously don't know what the word "Recon" means either. At least wiki before you post, so you know what your talking about.

Sniping in paintball is not affective. If you call hiding in a bush with a Tippmann and some kind of long barrel "sniping" then I laugh at you. I think it's called "paintballing while hiding in a bush with a Tippmann and some kind of long barrel then getting lucky if someone comes near me". Or hiding for short. The word and meaning of "Sniper" doesn't belong in Paintball at all. Paintball is Paintball not Cops and Robbers or Cowboys and Indians, IT'S PAINTBALL. Even in scenario, sniping does not exist.

wabango$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2010, 02:03 AM   #313
pinkpandora

Great! This piece of info really courage me. ^o^
Thanks so much for sharing.
pinkpandora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 04:53 PM   #314
Infiltrator
Arctic Wolf

Send a message via AIM to Infiltrator
Yeah when the game seems to have unofficially ended and I walk around a 7 acre field 5 times trying to find the last player that hides longer than anyone with his undetectable sniperactive sniperlike concealment I just kind of relax my guard and don't care anymore. Undetected so long his own team calls the end of the game, thinking all of their team is eliminated. The elite, stealthy, super sniper walks out of the woods asking how the game ended.

This was one of the last games I played in an Alaskan outlaw field.

Last edited by Infiltrator : 01-01-2011 at 04:59 PM.
Infiltrator is offline   Reply With Quote