pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-05-2002, 02:52 PM   #41
Blacksheep
Retired

Send a message via AIM to Blacksheep Send a message via Yahoo to Blacksheep
You want me to answer? I think what you are saying is you are moving and you come into contact w/o time or planning (i.e., ambush).

In all ambush situations you MUST move out of the kill zone where the op force has the advantage by holding the terrain advantage. Retreating often causes more casualties so your only move is to advance. That and any experianced players will pin you to say, bunch of fallen tree mixed with bryers and heavy foliage. You can't move w/o extreme difficaulty and most likely, players will sit and trade paint. You must move out of the enemy's kill zone, so your best get is to advance.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6) You must move to take an enemy position the size of your own force except they are competent and dug in and all approachable sectors are covered by a few hotshots with itchy rigger fingers.

Well, I'm going to use history as an example. In the Bostogne I believe it was, the 101st Airborne was badly outgunned and outmanned, they suffered constantly against Germany's best units who had better equipment. But how come the 101st wasn't smashed? Because they had limited artillery and the enemy attacked at a single point which allowed the 101st to concentrate their firepower on a single group of enemy soldiers. So, what can you take from this? Attack in 2 or three directions. You could try to attack in 4 or 5 but that gets disorganized and difficault to coordinate. Have one group move up the center, another flank to the left and another hold back in security possibly or move up, depending on the tactical situation.

Depending on the objective, you might want to surround the enemy on all side. One main force will push and pursue the enemy and then your other teams will converge on the position, trap them, and eliminate them. This wil lrequire a lot of teamwork, organization, planning, and discipline to not spray and take well-aimed shots to avoid hitting your fellow teammates.

Anyway, if anyone has any situations I can probably find a way to help you out, I've exhausted my knowledge here...
________
Lesbian Cams

Last edited by Blacksheep : 08-12-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Blacksheep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:32 PM   #42
Crash Danger
Pokey The Penguin

Location: Allentown, and they're closing all the factories down
Send a message via AIM to Crash Danger
7) You're all alone at your team's left flank in the woods when all of a sudden a large yeti emerges from the brush in front of you.

Don't panic, yeti's are herbivores and do not like the taste of human meat. They will however strike if provoked. In case of a yeti attack, aim for its eyes and fire rapidly. A shot to the legs, arms, or chest will not take one down. The thick coat of fur often prevents the paintballs from breaking on impact. Instead attempt to immobilize the large beast temporarily and make a getaway while its blind. Also, if a camera is at hand, take its picture.

Last edited by Crash Danger : 09-05-2002 at 05:34 PM.
Crash Danger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2002, 05:48 PM   #43
Blackfire
Firestarter

Send a message via AIM to Blackfire
That happened to me once, I was lucky and barely got away, although poor little Joey wasn't so fortunate. No camera unfortunatley.

"In a race between a rock and a pig, don't varnish your clams"
--A wise Elbonian
Blackfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2002, 05:57 PM   #44
Cadet2005

Blacksheep, in your number five scenario, I have actually come under that situation with a group of five...when we run low on ammo, by that I mean maybe one hopper load or half a hopper load. Hope that's close to what you mean so if it isn't, then I guess I am proposing a new situation.

Anyway, we were pinned down in some pretty dense woods and the sun was not really leaving any kind of mark on our position. Behind us was some tall grass so we sent out two of our smallest and quietest guys around the flank while the enemy focused on amassing firepower to our front. Each of us who stayed behind took ammo to refill to max from the other two and they in turn left with about half a hopper. They swung around and got in close enough to plug a few guys and then retreat. Distracted, we moved up and attacked from the other side creating a withering crossfire. Us=6, Them=0.

You're remark about Bastonge was semi right: they had little artillery support and no air superiority and the American GI weapons were far better than anything they could amass. It was simply the terrain that solved that problem: the Germans could only attack from one position at a time because of fuel constraints and the quagmires the snow created in the Ardennes. Anyway, good tactical advice...wouldn't mind going against you sometime with my team.
Cadet2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 10:38 PM   #45
Headhunter

Tatics

Blacksheep- You speak like a grunt(Army or Marines?) Some pretty good advice for larger sized elements. For futher info locate FM 7-8 Infantry Battle Drills. All of those tatics can be adapted for paintball.
Recreational Paintball Player with a Professional Attitude POG#854

Quote:
Originally Posted by llSmithll
i live in missouri....our dog sled teams are not that competitive....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil_Wayz View Post
I know this is a forum, but do you plan on doing any research yourself or are you planning on having all of us spoonfeed it to you?
Headhunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 07:45 PM   #46
mork321

You have to pee. You need to go really bad forces are about 100 feet from you.

Get your teammates going towards the enemy, have them get into a firefight at the left flank, now go about 50 feet away and to the right. Find a nice bush and let those bushes know who's boss.
mork321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2002, 10:28 AM   #47
Creeper
Lord Suchaone

Send a message via AIM to Creeper
Quote:
You must move to take an enemy position the size of your own force except they are competent and dug in and all approachable sectors are covered by a few hotshots with itchy rigger fingers.
Your tactics here are quite faulty. While you can state one example of spreading your forces to attack all sides, I can state numerous examples of the opposite- concentrateing all your firepower on a single point to break the line. Napoleon was a master of it. Scipio Africanus did it against Hannibal. The German Panzer generals (jeez I can't remember their names) did it in WWII. Those are just a few examples, many more are available. Let me explain why attempting to surround an equal force who is dug in will not work.

First, picture a ring around a ring. The outside has a larger circumference that needs to be covered by the same amount of people as the inner ring. Your units may be too far apart to provide decent cover for each other, while the dug in enemy can concentrate on one man at a time. They can also move around their elements by going directly from one point to another while the attackers must move around the outside of the circle. If two equally matched units square off this way the defenders are sure to win.

On the contrary, you split your unit up into a large group, a small group, and a tiny group (5/2/1 maybe). The large group focuses all their firepower on a single point in the enemy formation. The small group walks around the perimeter, so the enemy cannot completely reinforce the point the large group is attacking. The tiny group reinforces the large group. Once that point falls, the attackers can break through the defense ring and engage the enemy from their unguarded insides while the small group moves up as well. The more artillery available, the better this tactic will work. However, a bunch of arched regular shots will do fine as well. Overwhelming the enemy is the key to success.
Chrome CP Flame Drop
2003 Silver Glad
Vapor Bolt
Vapor Valve

B2K Chip
White LED
Smoke Empire Reloader
Crossfire 68/4500 low output

Silver PT Xtreme
Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2002, 11:07 AM   #48
secretman

stalking people always works for me. Oh, watch where u walk or you could get in an unpleasant situation, such as stepping on a yellow jacket nest while u flank 4 guys that are in sight, very not cool.
secretman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2002, 02:53 PM   #49
Creeper
Lord Suchaone

Send a message via AIM to Creeper
Two Way Radios!

Two Way Radios have allowed my team to own my friend's outlaw field. We play 4 v 4 mostly. The trick is communication. Besides being safe, walkie talkies allow you to coordinate your forces. Have your fastest player have no pods, and he can reinforce a weak position, and he teams up with a heavy gunner, who may arrive later because he travels more slowly. Have someone coordinate everything also. Even if you are outnumbered 6 to 4, and they strike your base and your attacker at the same time, reinforcements can be maneuvered in to an optimum spot instead of just running into the enemy. Proper use of the radios will result in having your team seem larger than it really is. Remember, however, that speed is needed to respond to distress calls (either a light player or someone with an ATV). I don't want to give away all my secrets to 4 v 4 success, but I will tell you that Walkie Talkies, and most importantly smart use of them, are key.

I prefer Cobra radios. I have a push-to-speak mic and earbud attached. I clip on the mic to the bottom of my mask.
If you do not plan on using a mic or earbud, go with the Midland f12's. They are extremely small and work very well.
Chrome CP Flame Drop
2003 Silver Glad
Vapor Bolt
Vapor Valve

B2K Chip
White LED
Smoke Empire Reloader
Crossfire 68/4500 low output

Silver PT Xtreme
Creeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2002, 05:26 PM   #50
bunkermonkey77
Shaggy Doo

Send a message via AIM to bunkermonkey77
say what u will, but heres what i gots to say about woods...

in anything involving woods, there is limited visibility. now i had an idea one day and im known as an idiot at my field so it didnt seem wierd to my friends who saw me do this. But what i did was wait for the whistle and sprint as far as i could through the woods until i knew id be coming up on the other side's players. the WOOSH i turn around and began walking backwards firing at my own team mates.one sees me do this and returns fire which only makes my ploy that much better. Then my enemies rush to cover me and take out my ally. i start telling them where most of my allies are and they still have no clue im on the other side. problem for them is i lied to them making them think they were gonna set up an ambush. So along the way to the location which was a good long travel, i quietly barrel tag some of the slackers in the back our trailing group and take out 3 players successfully doing this. Im also a ref at this field and one of my ref friends is watching the whole thing and can barely hold back laughing. We reach the supposed ambush point we begin to wonder why the other 3 players got seperated. i told them one was taking a leak and the other two were heading to a position in the other teams rear. they beleive me and we all dig in to two ditches waiting for a group of my allies that are never going to come. while were waiting i ask the guy next to me, now remember theres two to a ditch and were about 40 ft apart, if he has a squeegee he gives me one and i tap his lag with my barrel and lean over and whisper to him to take a hit. he does it, but not quietly. he yells at the top of his lungs,"I SURRENDER!" and then it gets a bit hectic there. one of the guys in the other ditch start asking me what happened and the other just raises his gun(the smarter more experienced guy who also knew me and suddenly realizes whats going on) i snap up and deliver 2 shots that nails the guy who actually asked what happened and i tuck in the ditch yelling," Guys, we got 3 players left! one in a ditch near me, and two roaming Dry!"(which is how the refs refer to the right flank of this field because the other side contains a small ravine which is on the other side.) So i get out right after my buds take care of the other two guys and show up to help me right as im being plastered. we win and the other side is humiliated.

moral of the story: What the other team doesnt know can hurt and humiliate them!
- stock cocker reg
*02 cocker
-Bomb 3-way
-STO RAM
-Shortened Hinge trigger frame
-Dye back block/bolt combo
-J&J 2-piece barrel
(3) PMI Trracer
Kingman Hammer
Viewloader Triton
Spyder Sonix
Spyder E-99
TASO 12gram pump
TASO Bore Drop pump

I'm a redhead!!!
bunkermonkey77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2002, 12:44 PM   #51
M98_Marksman

1) I radio in the rest of my fireteam (4 semi auto gunners with an Angel as a SAW), and direct them to a strategic position between me and my lines. Get the attention of some of the opfor by taking a few longrange potshots, and run my --- off for my lines, leading the (by then possibly very tired) enemy in to me group's killzone. Distance is much less a porblem for me then it will probably be for most of my pursuers, as I run crossountry every day.

2) wheel around and try to pin the aggressors in a crossfire. If they do break through, keep firing at their backs, trying to split their attention and hold them up. If that fails, break contact and reengage when they come back out with the flag. If anyoe has grenades, LAWs, etc. they would be used to open my first attack.

3) what the first guy said, except if the forces were that uneven, I would stay behind trying to delay them with sniper tactics.

4) I would covertly (but quickly) move to cover the blindspot, and make a decision once I see what I'm up against.

5) Not enough details, but I'd try to hold while making it as expensive as possible for the enemy. Personally, I dislike being inside a building because if a situation becomes untenable a relatively clean escape becomes much less likely ( and most PB buildings are intentionally designed to be much less defensible than they could be to help game balance)

6) nothing too add
Old 10-25-2002, 10:00 PM   #52
The_Crazy_Hobo
unstable homeless man

Send a message via AIM to The_Crazy_Hobo
ahem... *cough cough*... erm... Creeper... wasn't Napolean defeated? and who won WWII? I know the Germans didn't. not to say Napolean wasn't a military genius... but I believe that blacksheep's tactics are right on. Anyways, his strategy does overwhelm them, from several sides. Quite sound, and effective believe me.

(btw Crash Danger good strategy on the yetti... now what do you do when Jaws comes around?)

www.sev-x.com
7x Teen Ministries. We're for real.

Last edited by The_Crazy_Hobo : 10-25-2002 at 10:03 PM.
The_Crazy_Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2002, 05:32 AM   #53
galls93

Send a message via AIM to galls93
I personally think that you have to know your own abilities when playing in the woods. Too many times I have seen teammates/opponents find a great spot for cover and then waste it by taking a shot that they could never make. Whether it be through brush that breaks your ball or form a distance that they are not as accurate with.

When you have the opportunity to play in a certain place for long enough you can kinda gauge distances better, IMO, and you know about the area so you can tell when/where you will find that troublesome brush that swats down perfectly placed paintballs.

But then again you can also wait too long for the perfect shot and end up wasting a good opportunity. Ah hell with it...just spot an enemy get wihtin striking distance and lay down some heavy fire.
galls93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2002, 03:12 PM   #54
tippycustom

Send a message via AIM to tippycustom
heres what ive learned. Be a ref you will learn alot and it is as exciting as playing. don't shoot as soon as you see them. not ony will you save paint they wount notice you untill they are in your scope or whatever you use.but by that time they wount have time to react. and dount gie me that ''im not a sniper'' thing because i don't care i use it and im not a sniper. so ya and a trees are a wASTE OF time when you are playing be sure not to hug trees stay back alittle so you have a better view.
Old 11-07-2002, 05:09 PM   #55
Paintballer27

The best tip is know what type of player your opponents are. Some people are really defensive and take little risks. The people are easy to trick. One time I ran and jumped into a big pile of bushes. This person for some stupid reason stayed and fired at the bushes thinking I'm gonna come bakc out there. All I did was make a big circle and flanked him. I ended up shooting him going through the bushes for him. He should've known I was more aggressive. Bunkering yourself is bad.
Paintballer27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 02:26 PM   #56
Blacksheep
Retired

Another resource that the Uncle Sam's Misguided Children use if FMF6-5, the Marine Rifle Squad which has some good info

Here's some basic stuff I think you should know-

Use the op for IAs against the op for! (op for? used to call them Ruskies and Gooks, but now we don't want to offend the world do we?). Here's the best example I can think of, something that the VC/NVA did constantly:

There is a road they KNOW American troops will pass through just because terrain disctates it. Say there is a little ditch. IAs state that they will grab some cover and then attack, correct? (Sometimes left outta the manuals, but they teach you to get cover all the same).

Well, here's what tickles me- they used ordanence we dropped to pull this trap off! They know you will jump in that ditch for cover so they rigged it with explosives. so, maybe a small group of 5 guerillas fired and immediatly the platoon took cover in the ditch, bombs go off, that platoon is gone. 5 VC and around $100.00 worth of ordancance for a platoon...wasn't even thier money for that bomb! That is a basic guerilla tactic for ya.

Another thing you may notice is the tendency of retireds to sneak up on you. Here's the reason: good concealment! They recognize it and use it. Why are they so good at it? Because in basic, you realize that you are training for your life and that has a tendency to motivate people to learn it fast and learn it well.

Ditches, fallen logs, hills, all are good forms of concealment and cover, so look for them!

Camouflage isn't used. Not to say that it is worthless because it is indeed an asset, but something a buddy of mine who passed through sniper school taught me was that the GROUND DOES NOT MOVE!!!. Cover and concealment, in the fluid world of paintball, are much more effective at masking your movements, especially from the close ranges of paintball. From 100m I will see you, from 500m I won't. But if you are behind a log and I'm 10m+ I won't see you; that is the power of concealment and cover over camouflage. Don't discard it, but don't rely too heavily on it. Like all things, it is one tool out of many.

If you are under strength, you can't hope to fight them. So, send out a group of two or three to harrass and interdict the oncoming unit AWAY from your defensive line. This is called interdiction, and the point is to distract and not inflict casualties.

They would mix a guy with an M14 with the grunts in 'Nam and when needed, he might fire off one round from 1000m. It might not hit anything but it had the effect of changing the plans of the op for simply because they weren't sure where the shot came from...very unnerving.

Radios are a mixed blessing. Only team commanders or attached units should have them. Say you have a core group of five- point, grenadier, rifleman, automatic rifleman, and an attached interdiction rifleman. The team leading and int. rifleman should have radios because the int. rifleman is attached and operated seperatly from the group in many instances. If every team member has one, radiot chatted gets excessive.
________
BUY IOLITE VAPORIZER

Last edited by Blacksheep : 08-12-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-24-2002, 07:13 PM   #57
PrayThenSpray
Banana go boom boom

Location: La Crosse, Wisconsin In other words away from the ordinary
Send a message via ICQ to PrayThenSpray Send a message via AIM to PrayThenSpray Send a message via Yahoo to PrayThenSpray
Your stuck with 1 paintball left in your hopper you have no pods or c02 left and your naked(with a mask of course) The other team has you surrounded and they are cannibles the deal was if your team lost you would be eaten alive. Now thats a bad situation!

Quote:
Originally posted by Thor the Mighty
ok, on the right end of the "Y" part on the top, is where the super mini air compresser thing is, the middle part is for holding, and the left part of the "Y" is where the paintballs come from. now, inside is a portal from your nearest paintball shop that steals paintballs and loads them into your marker. whaddaya thinK?
Now to the serious note everyone in the world should watch this video

L (H) I (A) F (T) E (E)

Put it in your signature after you have watched it.
PrayThenSpray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2002, 07:28 PM   #58
frisko_sav
Werd

Send a message via AIM to frisko_sav Send a message via Yahoo to frisko_sav
acutally, the reason the germans lost the war without being nuked is beacuse of the fact hitler is a idiot, he sent his best genreal with limited # of resources to protect the trade lines, god i forget his name, really pissin me off, but anyways, the same way the germans samshed through thin french lines, they could have done all over erope with the panzer and artillery/infantry divisions in africa, and even when he asked for help hitler denied him, but back to topic, germany would have succed in coverin both normandy and the false site that the purposly intercepted, which wuld have made invaison impossible, and soon after england would have fallen, leaving europe easily defendable being as there was no stepin stone to europe besides russia to the north which was easily defeatable with tthe ramaning panzer divions, and the east, which was not going to happen in a milion eyars due to only a gap bewteen the alps and extreme cold held in the north, thusly creating only one entry with a actual feesibly victorius attack, so, be happy hitler was a moron, or wed probably being speakin dutch rite now, and i wouldnt be alive...thats the longest post i think ive ever made, and i cant even remeber the genrals name, the desert fox i think eh was called
Old 11-25-2002, 02:48 AM   #59
Blacksheep
Retired

I actually think that, had they had better logistics and not taken on the Russians, Hitler could have crushed the West and Britain, taken out Russian, linked up with Japan and then taken over the US. But, as you said, Hitler was a fool...didn't he try to go through Stalingrad like an idiot? Giant meatgrinder if you ask me. Was it Rommel by any chance?

Creeper-

I will not waste my time anylyzing your post, but here is what I will tell you to do- find ten retireds, arm them up and get defensive positions with twenty of your friends and see what they do. That will prove more to you than I ever could on-line with my typing.
________
HottCherry

Last edited by Blacksheep : 08-12-2011 at 10:32 AM.
Old 11-25-2002, 06:50 AM   #60
frisko_sav
Werd

Send a message via AIM to frisko_sav Send a message via Yahoo to frisko_sav
ROMMEL! he was a geniuos on the wrong side!