pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Forums > Strategies and Tactics

Old 09-10-2005, 08:08 AM   #121
nahthan
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by kwalski

Dead Mans Walk

You just simply stand up as if your out, and walk towards the sidelines, then hide behind another bunker, grab the middle flag, shoot someone, whatever. just DON'T raise your gun or hand, yell "out" or something along those line, or in anyway make any motion that might be mistaken as a called-out signal. try it, it works!!
It only works with inexperienced players.

My favorite tactic probably involves me being a little back, getting shot at, while a front player moves up, with me taking where he just moved from...
(If I am being shot at, I am yelling alot at the people shooting at me to keep shooting, get a little closer, etc. etc.)
nahthan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:13 PM   #122
pb n j
Team Elite

Send a message via AIM to pb n j
well my team has a stradegy in rec ball where 2 people go ahead and take a post then they hold off as 2 more people (or how many people you want) come ahead of them and hold a psot and then the people behind goes ahead of them so its just continuesly moving forward and covering ground.
pb n j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2005, 05:14 PM   #123
pb n j
Team Elite

Send a message via AIM to pb n j
oh man where we play rec ball is awsome cause theres and abandoned road and ont he other side is a hill and we wait for other opponents to try and come up the hill and we just pick em off one by one!!! its so awsome!!!
pb n j is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2005, 03:42 AM   #124
BTRobertson

A tactic that's very important is patience. PATIENCE!! So many players rush in when the whistle sounds and end up getting caught in the crossfire. My advice is to play it cool. You'll get your chance to get into the game, trust me. Running too soon gets you a great spot, maybe, but it will also bring you dangerously close to enemy lines before you have a chance to survey and learn. Don't be too eager to deal out judgment without knowing your opponents movements and patterns, and trust me, you'll have time to figure them out even after just one or two games. Switch up your strategy as well - play offense as well as defense - don't get pigeon-holed into the same role every game or you'll get predictable.

This is what I've learned over the past year of paintball, and it's not like I've played tons of games. These are lessons I've learned because I made these mistakes!! Hope it helps.

Markers w/upgrades:

Smart Parts Shocker
Smart Parts Blackheart board
Smart Parts high-efficiency bolt
Trinity clamping feedneck
Empire Reloader B
PMI 68/4500 fiber HPA

Kingman Spyder Rodeo
Delrin Xtra ACS bolt, IPI 3.0 C.A.M.D.
Empire Reloader II
Smart Parts Freak Jr. rear, Freak front
Palmer Pursuit Stabilizer Reg
Psycho Ballistics Drop-fwd on/off
Check It Spyder Assault Block
New Designz Low Rise Feedneck

Ariakon Overlord Pistol

Last edited by BTRobertson : 11-25-2005 at 03:47 AM.
BTRobertson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:20 PM   #125
Mr. Low
NZ RapreZent...

in a situation where a person is not aloowed to shoot at you or talk, and have to walk back to their "base/bunker" where there team mates are use him as cover. Hiding your arm band behind him and betending that you are on his team(noting illgel) go to the enemys(what your beetending to b urs) base/bunker. You will get quite close and with a little bit of brains some fast but accurate shooting, you will be in, and able to captur the flag.

This tactic can also b used as a distraction while ur own team come from the opposite side.

The most important tactic, as mentioned b4 is patience
Mr. Low is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2006, 08:25 PM   #126
paintspray44
this dog's a balla

furious pb- you just described the battle of cowpens in the american revolution. your setup has been tested by history and by god it worked (the colonists massacred the british when the british chased them).

as for strategy, just hide behind bunkers and move up whenever possible. one more thing, FLANK THEM!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Aardvark
Mail her a dead badger.
paintspray44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 09:10 AM   #127
tippmann pb 732
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacksheep
These are some not so hot situations to be in. I'm going by experiance and from some stuff I have picked up from others but if anyone wants to debate with me, you can pm me

1) You get seperated from your team behind enemy lines and you see groups of the op force milling around.

This is a bad situation that shouldn't happen in the first place. As you might know, I emphasize team work and leadership...ever notice that the USMC don't put lone snipers behind enemy lines, rather, they are put in teams. There's a reason for this. But back to topic, your best bet would be to stay passive and wait for a friendly unit to come by. They eventually will. You might also consider moving out real slow if you are certain no friendly unit will come by, like if you were deep behind enemy territoy, maybe 1-2 miles or more.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2) The enemy is smashing your lines and almost broken though. You have a small team at your command.

Now, I believe in charging into things head first. My reasoning is that if you don't move now and try to help then there might not be anything to help in the future so I would move to the hot zone nad try to put out the fire and take whatever else can be spared. You might also consider an organized retreat. And you might be able to make your defensive area even smaller by doing so or give you a terrain advantage.

3) You have command of a small team and spot the enemy. Currently you have not been observed.

Get in their assumed path, set-up good positions and ambush them. If you are certain that you cannot win that type of battel then you will need to co-ordinated with friendly units, using runners, interdiction riflemen, and small groups to lure them where you and the friendly unit you are working with can smash them.

4) You need to move out quick but you have heard gunfire coming in that direction and come to a blind spot where you cannot see.

Some might want to try and be cautious and send out recon elements, but instead, keep moving until you draw enemy fire and then attack or do what you need. If there is no enemy then you have wasted time. If there is you can engage him.

5) You are holding a defensive position, your team as a whole is suffering, being low on everything except the enemy.

In this situation, you must think. If you hold the objective, will your casualties be so great that you cannot hold off a counter attack? If so, then move to a better position, rearm and take it. If you are sure you can hold it then do so. Use rounds sparingly if need be.

more to come later...
This one was the most helpful IMO.
I completely agree with all of his views.
tippmann pb 732 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2006, 04:53 PM   #128
O'D
O'D

My best advice is to learn how to properly use trees for cover. I see tons of people trying to squeeze as much body as possible tightly behind a tree. This creates two problems. First most normal sized people cannot fit behind a tree so it's easy to mark their loader, foot, knee, whatever. The second problem is that they're easy to pin down. They have no room to move and mount a good defense. All you have to do is fire about 2 bps to hold them down as you walk to the side and then light them up. Instead of hiding behind one tree, stay back a little farther and use two or three trees for cover. This will open up shooting angles that your enemy cannot see, or cannot defend. This will also help you to be more mobile and give you a chance to retreat and regroup if you get overrun. In an evenly matched situation i would take a couple well placed trees for cover over a bunker anyday.
O'D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2006, 05:19 PM   #129
Aslan2005
Tippmann Slayer

My favorite tactic

My favorite tactic is to use the borders and work behind the enemy.

A) Use the borders.
Too many players rush into the middle of the field...where it's virtually impossible to use crossfire and flanking. I like to move along the fields borders, usually around the back of my team...as far as I can go before I start to engage the enemy. It's best with a group of 1-3 so that you can get as far to the flank as possible without being engaged. Large groups draw more attention not to mention they leave you other players vastly outnumbered. Using this method, you can usually get 1-3 eliminations just by surprising the enemy and forcing them to adjust to suddenly getting shot at from more than one location. If you force them to move, they move in a way that they get shot from the other side even if it's not you that shoots them. One other advantage...you might be able to find a passageway that allows you to sneak behind enemy lines undetected...which leads me to my next tactic...

B) Getting behind your enemy is a surefire way of getting kills and usually, even if you get hit out, giving your team a huge advantage. It's almost impossible to do in speedball...and difficult to do in recball/woodsball/scenario...but it is possible. If you can get away from the action and use the borders...you can sometimes find a path that isn't being watched. Remember to stay in bounds and don't take yourself out of the action for too long (your team will miss you and your gun)...but move slowly and cautiously and try to get in a position where you are covered and have a clear shot at an enemy that doesn't know you're there. Then, unload!!!

My favorite memory of this tactic was when I found a trench that ran along the border to the field. I got down in the trench and slowy walked towards the enemy. After awhile, I realized that the trench was about to end. So I slowly poked my head up and saw a shoe...a show belonging to a player on the opposite team. I was less than 3 feet from him so instead of shooting him or asking him to surrender and risk being shot myself...I shot him 3 times in the shoe and demanded he surrender...which he did...surprised and shocked that I was there.

Unfortunately, the downside to both strategies is you put yourself on an island. If you lose your team or give away your position in an area without much cover...you get eliminated fast. Popping up behind enemy lines tends to make their entire team shoot at you in unison...which is not very fun. But the good thing is you tend to last longer than just rushing into the middle of the fray. I'm rarely ever the first person hit unless it's a rare lucky lob on the break.
Aslan2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 03:41 PM   #130
nocoolname
all the good names gone..

Send a message via AIM to nocoolname
idk if any one has posted on this before but this is an excelent tatic for advancing in woods ball with a large group

pik on side of the feild and get in a single file line move up and stay close together but not to close

im not sure how to say it but just go in a single file itll work as long as evry on ehelps out and piks left or right to shoot (i got shot point blank in the line)

99% of people who claim that they're ninjas are imposters, put this in your sig if you aren't.

GUN SETUP:
Stock Vexor eye set at 14 bps
TSA diablo LCD frontman
20oz CO2
nocoolname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2006, 02:46 PM   #131
SPYDERPaint56
SPYDERPaint56

My strategy

I play out behind my friends house in the woods and theres this big hill with a bunker made out of stray logs, bait buckets, etc. and right below it is a ditch about a foot or 2 deep that has a nice little clump of ferns in front of it making it posibble for you to see your enemies but they can't see you (especially when you wear camo) and when we start i sprint up there and sit tight knowing that you have to go up there to get to the wooden bunker plus its just about imposibble to see the ditch if you walk by it cuz its covered with bushes and ferns (the only reason i found it was cuz i fell in it one day) so when people come up the hill "POP" they're done

Spyder Rodeo
14" Nyte Stikk Barrel
Supa Fly Bolt
12 oz. CO2
Offset sight-rail
BSA Laser sight

More Ups to come.

Hardcore Woodsballer

Leave me feedback if you've ever done business with me Current Feedback: (+1/-0)
http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...14#post3428614

If you love Spyders and love customizing them put this in your sig

It's Good To Be The King

SPYDERPaint56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2006, 03:32 PM   #132
wally01499

Send a message via AIM to wally01499
My strategy is to go up the side in a team of 3 or 2 people, which means you have one less side you have to worry about being attacked from

What would also help- if you dont own the land you play outlaw ball on, help the person who does own it and help build their course and help keep it trimmed. this way you will have the advantage of knowing field the much, much better
wally01499 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:12 PM   #133
southern_pber

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...15#post3428715
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine
southern_pber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 08:13 PM   #134
southern_pber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aslan2005
My favorite tactic is to use the borders and work behind the enemy.

A) Use the borders.
Too many players rush into the middle of the field...where it's virtually impossible to use crossfire and flanking. I like to move along the fields borders, usually around the back of my team...as far as I can go before I start to engage the enemy. It's best with a group of 1-3 so that you can get as far to the flank as possible without being engaged. Large groups draw more attention not to mention they leave you other players vastly outnumbered. Using this method, you can usually get 1-3 eliminations just by surprising the enemy and forcing them to adjust to suddenly getting shot at from more than one location. If you force them to move, they move in a way that they get shot from the other side even if it's not you that shoots them. One other advantage...you might be able to find a passageway that allows you to sneak behind enemy lines undetected...which leads me to my next tactic...

B) Getting behind your enemy is a surefire way of getting kills and usually, even if you get hit out, giving your team a huge advantage. It's almost impossible to do in speedball...and difficult to do in recball/woodsball/scenario...but it is possible. If you can get away from the action and use the borders...you can sometimes find a path that isn't being watched. Remember to stay in bounds and don't take yourself out of the action for too long (your team will miss you and your gun)...but move slowly and cautiously and try to get in a position where you are covered and have a clear shot at an enemy that doesn't know you're there. Then, unload!!!

My favorite memory of this tactic was when I found a trench that ran along the border to the field. I got down in the trench and slowy walked towards the enemy. After awhile, I realized that the trench was about to end. So I slowly poked my head up and saw a shoe...a show belonging to a player on the opposite team. I was less than 3 feet from him so instead of shooting him or asking him to surrender and risk being shot myself...I shot him 3 times in the shoe and demanded he surrender...which he did...surprised and shocked that I was there.

Unfortunately, the downside to both strategies is you put yourself on an island. If you lose your team or give away your position in an area without much cover...you get eliminated fast. Popping up behind enemy lines tends to make their entire team shoot at you in unison...which is not very fun. But the good thing is you tend to last longer than just rushing into the middle of the fray. I'm rarely ever the first person hit unless it's a rare lucky lob on the break.

couldnt agree more thats exactly how i play.

http://www.pbreview.com/forums/showt...15#post3428715
"These are the times that try men's souls: The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it Now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict the more glorious the triumph."
- Thomas Paine
southern_pber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2006, 07:43 AM   #135
ThePit56

duh

I like to use my full auto 98C to keep my enemy's heads down with my 2000 rounds of paint that I always carry while my point man runs up and bunkers them.
ThePit56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2006, 06:28 PM   #136
fake ninja
Immigration game champ 02

My personal strategy is to work on of the sidelines since on our field there is lots of brush and you only have to worry about fire on 2-3 sides
Never give up! Never surrender!
RIP Pimped-Out Black Maxx
fake ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2006, 02:10 PM   #137
bcelos
L-69 Paintball Team

Send a message via AIM to bcelos
well me and my team were playing another team (both 5 men) the other team being called the power 98 cause they all had 98 customs and my team we have my gun which is a JT excellerator we have a 98 custom, autococker, spider imagine, and a custom pro. ok so we decided to make kinda a suicide bomber so we armed the guy with the imagine with 30 squadbusters he switched his gun to full auto and while he was causing a havoc in the other teams main base while we surounded them on all sides. 3 of them surrenderd and the other 2 were picked off by me (of course) and with the autococker.

well the main point of this story is have a differnt vairty of guns on your team and have someone cause a distraction
Halo B w/ speedFeed
Pure Energy 68/4500
WGP Prostock, soon to be pump

its a Tippmann Spyder
bcelos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 07:21 PM   #138
Dewthejrew

a lot of tactics deal with advancing but what isn't touched upon all that often is the issue of retreating to safety. My friend and i have practiced this a ton and it seems to work quite well. We call it leap frog. Basically when you are in need of a retreat make it useful. Don't just run a away while the enemy pounds you. Have one person run back, turn around, get behind some cover and or on his/her belly to make a harder target. while this is happening, the person who is not retreated gives cover fire. When the person in the back is in position, he or she starts to fire and the front man runs back. On the way back he/she touches the shoulder/foot of the person on the ground giving cover fire. This lets them know that you are on your way to the ground to give him/her cover fire now. Once the front man is behind starts to give cover fire again the person in the front runs behind and proceeds to do the same thing as the person before. The key to this is not to run in front of the cover fire. this also allows you to hold positions much better.
The other tatic my friend and i use are a very distinct set of hand singles. These are essential when a throat mic isn't readily available.
Last but not least use flanks and double man teamwork. Shooting lanes are great cover fire areas. Use them to your advantage.
Thats all i got right now.
Dewthejrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2006, 07:54 AM   #139
Spyder_Pride
Proud Ion Owner.

Location: Canada, inside of my igloo, beside Cheif Crowfeather, infront of Ed's Fur Trading post where I get my CO2 refills.
If there is tall grass use it. Be all commando and socom-like and crawl though the grass. crawl at a moderate speed and try not to make to much motion of grass. be calm and stock your prey. If someone sees you lie on your belly and try to not make any motion. the thick grass should protect you. take your time and at the righ moment go for the kill.

Canadian Paintballer

Spyder_Pride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2006, 11:31 AM   #140
DokWatson
Cross into the green.

Always move with a team would be my golden rule, and if theres a situation where you might just have to split up, communication is now the golden rule. I dont really have just one strategy I stick to. I observe the situation, form a plan to overcome this situation, and execute. If this didnt work, or it succeeded and I am presented with a new situation...rinse and repeat, adaptation is the key. A few things I might do naturally though, is seize the highground...that should be a priority because of highgrounds tactical advantage. Id love to play with my team against a bunch of civilian kids

Spyder MR1

Rangers lead the way
All the way
DokWatson is offline   Reply With Quote