pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 02-21-2005, 05:12 PM   #21
Everlight389

Quote:
Originally posted by YoBoneDaddy
Wow I was hoping this thread could give some solid info on the Wrath cause it's an attractive alternative to the Ion, however instead I find the usual foam-mouthed ICD humpers attacking the ion like it did their mama wrong. If the Ion's presence threatens you ICD owners this much you must not have much faith in your markers. Anyway (not that this is going to be noted cause it's not about BKO VS ION but I'll attempt) is the Wrath going to accept Timmy parts? I've heard mention that it is using Timmy-style internals but I'm just wondering to what degree they'll be swapable. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

By the way I'm a neutral third party in this Smart Parts VS ICD war, since I've never owned nor tried either marker, but I gotta say ICD certainly seems to have a lot of extremists. You're like the suicide bombers of the paintball world lol.
Wrath is practically the same operation as the BKO, for $90 cheaper. If you like it, go for it, but I'd reccomend the Ion over it. As for the timmy parts most likely not, as intimidators use a 4-way solenoid and true ram while the Wrath uses a 3 way with a spring return.
Old 02-21-2005, 05:51 PM   #22
YoBoneDaddy
BBUC Senior Member

Well there's one huge flaw with the Wrath for me... the place I'd most likely buy it from doesn't offer any extended servicing. With the Ion it's free lifetime labour . Oh well I won't be able to get a new marker 'til mid summer so I guess I'll just check out the buzz on all these new markers and make an informed decision later on. HOpe someone around these parts buys and ion and/or wrath.

Last edited by YoBoneDaddy : 02-21-2005 at 05:57 PM.
YoBoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:01 PM   #23
Everlight389

Quote:
Well there's one huge flaw with the Wrath for me... the place I'd most likely buy it from doesn't offer any extended servicing. With the Ion it's free lifetime labour . Oh well I won't be able to get a new marker 'til mid summer so I guess I'll just check out the buzz on all these new markers and make an informed decision later on. HOpe someone around these parts buys and ion and/or wrath.
I am selling my autococker for one... just having problems playing back with it and like electros more than mechanicals.
Old 02-21-2005, 06:17 PM   #24
YoBoneDaddy
BBUC Senior Member

It's a great year to buy an electro. Between the Ion, BKO, Wrath and TheOne there are lots of middle-ground full electros out there. Plus a bunch of hella-cheap sear trippers with photo eyes. Not a bad time to get one at all.
YoBoneDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2005, 06:19 PM   #25
BigTarget04
Who Dat?!?!

Send a message via AIM to BigTarget04 Send a message via Yahoo to BigTarget04
Keep your eyes out because Diablo has a couple more comin down the pipes. One of which looked like an Odyssey 02 clone. And they also have a lower end version of the wrath coming out called the Reaper.

BigTarget04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:18 PM   #26
eric mac

does anyone hav or no where i can get videos of the wrath or ion that werks with quicktime?? i dont hav windows meadia
eric mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 12:35 PM   #27
fancynapkin

Quote:
Wow I was hoping this thread could give some solid info on the Wrath cause it's an attractive alternative to the Ion, however instead I find the usual foam-mouthed ICD humpers attacking the ion like it did their mama wrong. If the Ion's presence threatens you ICD owners this much you must not have much faith in your markers. Anyway (not that this is going to be noted cause it's not about BKO VS ION but I'll attempt) is the Wrath going to accept Timmy parts? I've heard mention that it is using Timmy-style internals but I'm just wondering to what degree they'll be swapable. Any info will be greatly appreciated!

By the way I'm a neutral third party in this Smart Parts VS ICD war, since I've never owned nor tried either marker, but I gotta say ICD certainly seems to have a lot of extremists. You're like the suicide bombers of the paintball world lol.
It could be because SP sued ICD. Or because everyone credits the ION as being the first affordable high end electro.
fancynapkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 01:10 PM   #28
baish

i was debating whether to get the ion or wrath too, get the ion its easier to maintain and is very simplistic, and extremely good. you get the most bang for your buck and it can perform just as well as 800 dollor guns with several upgrades.

98% of Ion owners think that their Ion is better than any other high end gun.
If you would like to bonus ball those douche bags put this in your sig.
baish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 02:42 AM   #29
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

Send a message via AIM to bluesboyk3 Send a message via Yahoo to bluesboyk3
umm, the ION does look simple, but easy to maintain ? i dunno, i do not own one and prolly won't own one because :

1. Before u hook up the tank u have to trun ur reg all the way down everytime. It's not my opinion, there's been many threads over this at PBN and PB2X said that on their magazine review of ION.

U can cure this with QEV i think but that means u gotta spend extra money and time to put it on. So it's not simple in my book because most regs on most guns will stay set at the desired pressure.

2. In order to access the internals u gotta take everything apart, or if u just simply wanna change the body, u gotta take the trigger frame, and the body off. How's that simple ? Sure it was designed like that so the composite outer body will be secured to the metal body.

Most guns out there; B2k, Bko, Imp, timmy, cocker, ego,etc just require u to take the bolt out, clean the bore and put the bolt back in. Now that is simple.

I'm not arguing about the speed and feel, etc, i know that every marker out there will perform good with upgrades and if it's being taken care of. I'm just pointing out that it's not as simple as u think.

Also, to those who thinks ION is made of plastic; well, it's not. I held one at my shop and the metal part seems very durable although they didn't clean/ polish the parts very well. The sharp edges where the barrel screws in can actually cut skin.

just my .02

to bad theres not an idiot check button
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last edited by bluesboyk3 : 07-20-2005 at 02:49 AM.
bluesboyk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 12:12 PM   #30
baish

Quote:
Originally posted by bluesboyk3
umm, the ION does look simple, but easy to maintain ? i dunno, i do not own one and prolly won't own one because :

1. Before u hook up the tank u have to trun ur reg all the way down everytime. It's not my opinion, there's been many threads over this at PBN and PB2X said that on their magazine review of ION.

U can cure this with QEV i think but that means u gotta spend extra money and time to put it on. So it's not simple in my book because most regs on most guns will stay set at the desired pressure.

2. In order to access the internals u gotta take everything apart, or if u just simply wanna change the body, u gotta take the trigger frame, and the body off. How's that simple ? Sure it was designed like that so the composite outer body will be secured to the metal body.

Most guns out there; B2k, Bko, Imp, timmy, cocker, ego,etc just require u to take the bolt out, clean the bore and put the bolt back in. Now that is simple.

I'm not arguing about the speed and feel, etc, i know that every marker out there will perform good with upgrades and if it's being taken care of. I'm just pointing out that it's not as simple as u think.

Also, to those who thinks ION is made of plastic; well, it's not. I held one at my shop and the metal part seems very durable although they didn't clean/ polish the parts very well. The sharp edges where the barrel screws in can actually cut skin.

just my .02
1. you only need to turn the reg down the first time you air it up because you might blow the noid, you dont need to do that everytime! and qev doesnt fix that qev is only $12 to or is that to much for you?

2. havve you ever dissasembled an ion before? you take out three little screws and three little banjo fittings, if that is to much work for you than you shouldnt be play paintball cause that is god damn simple alot easier then 80% of other guns.

well timmys and ego are quadrupal the price of the ion, i dont see any one else cryin over it not being field strippable, you need to clean and lub it like every 5 months.

and maintaining a cocker is a lot of work, you dont need to do anything to maintain an ion you just clean the bolt and lube it and replace the battery.

and do you own an ion and work with them every day, if not then shut the **** up. i think i would know more about them than you so shut the **** up!

why you cryin? (george lopez)

98% of Ion owners think that their Ion is better than any other high end gun.
If you would like to bonus ball those douche bags put this in your sig.
baish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2005, 10:53 PM   #31
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

Awwww, look who's being defensive.

1. I stated that I don't own an ION and would never get one. Why? reasons like the ones i stated and some personal reasons, mainly because i don't think it's worth the money.

2. i just mentioned that it's not a simple gun to maintain when u have to open the entire gun to do periodical lubing. And i gave some examples of "simpler" guns out there. U said a lot easier than 80% of other guns ? did u even read my post : Ego, Timmy, bushy, bko, imps, cockers, some spyder, Draguns have top cocking bolt that u can field strip in seconds WITHOUT ANY TOOLS. Got u there buddy.

3. we're not talking about the price here. The fact that timmy and ego have the same design as bushy, imps, just support my statement of the simplicity of those guns.

4. MY BAD ! when i said u have to turn the regs everytime. That's just what i read.

5. Please grow up. IONS are not the best gun out there. U don't have to defend it to the death just because we have different opinion.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Old 07-20-2005, 11:40 PM   #32
xXblinkXegoXx
man with the golden gun

Location: ill tell you where. someplace warm. a place where the beer flows like wine. where beutiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of capastrano. im talkin about a little place called San Diego.
Send a message via AIM to xXblinkXegoXx
no i think you guys have it wrong. the only time you should turn down the reg is when the tank is already attached, and you are getting air put in. this can be solved with an on/off too. and the only reason you do this, is if the air compressor spikes and/or your reg cant handle the new hp air coming into the gun. and also this isnt what you should do just for the ion, you should do this for pretty much any gun, just to be safe.
To end the school week off, Friday's "3rd grader let's loose all the animals in the local zoo and runs with them through the school, hoping to send a message through the media representing freedom and peace day"
-igota98custom
xXblinkXegoXx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 02:27 AM   #33
bluesboyk3
Bushamster

Quote:
Originally posted by xXblinkXegoXx
no i think you guys have it wrong. the only time you should turn down the reg is when the tank is already attached, and you are getting air put in. this can be solved with an on/off too. and the only reason you do this, is if the air compressor spikes and/or your reg cant handle the new hp air coming into the gun. and also this isnt what you should do just for the ion, you should do this for pretty much any gun, just to be safe.
Not really. This is what i read at PB2X and the other dude said it as well. U have to turn down the reg BEFORE u put air through it. My mistake is i thought u have to do it everytime. He said that u should do it for one time only.

What u said is basically "tuning" the reg. and i think most HPR can handle up to 800 - 850 psi. However, too much air pressure for a solenoid controlled gun will most likely blow the solenoid. Timmy noid will start to leak at 90-110 psi, above that u'll pretty much ruin it.

Last edited by bluesboyk3 : 07-21-2005 at 02:29 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:10 AM   #34
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

Ion Vs Wrath

i haven't shot a wrath but i have done my homework on it:

Wrath:
1) electro pneumatic spring returned blow forward (like a bko, odyssey 02, dragun the one and AM diadem)
2) beam beak eyes
3) very good reg. a contracted model of the bob long torpedo reg, if i'm not mistaken. i hear it gets around + - 6fps.
4) LPR
5) i believe it cycles at around 22-ish BPS
6) 20PBS caped board, adjustable ROF and semi only.
7) i hear the trigger is only so-so.
8) mini drop
9) LCD
10) clamping low rise feed neck

Ion:
1) crazy hybrid blow forward/spool valve. it's eventually a spool valve but uses LP air to return the bolt and HP air from the valve to blow the bolt forward. a true spool valve, such as a shocker or 'trix uses LP air to both return the bolt and blow it forward (seal the breach) and HP air to fire the paintball.
2) beam break eyes
3) a mediocre reg. the consistency is not the same throughout the PSI and at best will get you + - 7 FPS. in short, it's a fine reg to use until you have the $ for a better one.
4) no LPR, but it is debatable as to whether or not is is truly needed.
5) i've heard cycling speeds of anywhere from 19BPS to 22BPS.
6) 17PBS caped board. slower than the wrath, but sufficiently fast. semi, full auto, burst and ramping (rebound mode).
7) very nice trigger in my book. 3 point adjustability
8) duck bill
9) LED
10) O-ring feed neck

if it was up to me, i'd say pick up a used impulse but *ahem* that's not the purpose of this thread. both markers are evenly matched but i'd take the ion purely for the low kick and small size of the spool valve design. the reg is not so good but if you have the money and the desire to build up a high end electro then the ion is a good choice. i think the wrath gives you more out of the box, especially that nice reg. if you want something that is ready to go out of the box and you don't have the $ or desire to slap on a bunch of parts then i believe the wrath is a better marker but is very limited by the lack of aftermarket parts.

Last edited by Algernon : 07-21-2005 at 08:36 AM.
Algernon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2005, 08:23 AM   #35
eric mac

so are u saying that if the wrath had more aftermarket stuff it would b a better choice
Old 07-21-2005, 08:32 AM   #36
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

yes i believe so. an aftermarket board on either of the two markers with a debounce setting would make both markers rip. the wrath has a nice reg and if the trigger is not so piss poor that smilar ROF can be achieved from both markers then i think the wrath pulls ahead. heck, just about every review i've read scores the wrath a little higher in the performace department with the only drawback being the trigger.

i believe the ion is a better platform to build up, but the wrath gives you more out of the box would be a better buy for someone looking to spend $300 and be done with it or maybe spend a little more for a trigger.

Last edited by Algernon : 07-21-2005 at 08:37 AM.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:43 AM   #37
eric mac

i heard in the near future they will b making 2 new boards for the wrath theyve already put out the t board im sure u new that thou and yea i shot a wrath and i couldnt even walk it the guywhoes gun it was looked at me lik dude ur a newb hahah
Old 07-21-2005, 08:50 AM   #38
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

wait... was i just insulted? yeah the trigger is the only variable. does it ruin the marker? i haven't shot one so i can't say myself. i knew a T board was in the works but i'd be more interested in a FBM delrin trigger than anything.
Old 07-21-2005, 08:52 AM   #39
eric mac

nah i didnt insult u i agreed that the triiger sucks and just sed there wil b and already r new borads
Old 07-21-2005, 10:53 AM   #40
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

BTW eric do you happen to know the adjustibiliy on the wrath's trigger? is it 3 point or something less? i don't care how bad the stock trigger is, if it has 3 point, and you pick up an aftermarket trigger, you should have no problems setting it up to rip.