pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 03-14-2006, 10:07 AM   #1
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Arrow Looking Into Another Gun

I want another gun but havent decided yet on which.I looked into a nerve but I heard they have problems sometimes so I was a little hesitant on that.I looked into the promaster thier nice guns but I have heard SOME negative things about ICD.I dont like ions or wraths personally I think thier fugly.Looked into the shocker w/vision and it's a little out of my price range.Yes I have looked at cyborgs ansd so far nothing but posotive things about them but one thing is can you find parts/up's for them at like any major dealer ex. like actionvillage,sak,etc.So you can see my problem here.I care alot about accuracy,efficiency and speed, I like tighter ball grouping,and at least a gun that can go upto 18bps.Can someone out thier help me plz .
Old 03-14-2006, 10:16 AM   #2
canadian_killer
Banned

some ones picky
canadian_killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:19 AM   #3
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

YES very picky.Also I have felt timmies and dont like them and thier out of my price range.I have felt protos and that kind of frame I like but they are also out of price range.I leaning more towards the nerve because I shot them and just love them but I have heard they have problems sometimes.Same thing with the promaster,I have felt them and want one but heard some bad things about ICD.Just to clear it up no used guns.One question completly off topic;Are timmies/NME's blowbacks.(some guy tried to so hard to convince me they were)

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 03-14-2006 at 10:24 AM.
A-BOMBER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 AM   #4
slaminator3323
Final Fantasy 8 Rocks

Get a Cyborg, yes they don't have many AM parts. Ask yourself this though, do they really need them?
Kila magnetic detents
NDZ Saw trigger
CP two piece
Smoke Reloader B
Jungle Fighters
Got a Tadao board and 360 QEV and haven't played paintball in over a year,(I have bad withdrawals).
slaminator3323 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 11:39 AM   #5
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

I am still leaning towards the nerve because I have shot it and loved it but I have never even held a borg so as far as I know I could either love it or hate it.I dont know if shoud get it though because instead of a normal all american barrel(which I think rock)it has a progressive(which im not to fond of),instead of a normal clamp feedneck it has an extreame rage clamping feed neck,in the picture the LPR looks like it's out of the body,instead of a smartparts on/off it just has a normal shocktech asa,other than that the rest is normal.I dont want to buy any parts for this gun if im going to get it beside the on/off but with that said should I still go with the nerve.

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 03-14-2006 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:13 PM   #6
JaredBorne

Send a message via AIM to JaredBorne
Well you seemed to have made up your mind without any help... /thread
Shocktech feedneck
68/3000 Pure Energy
Empire Reloader B
JaredBorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:15 PM   #7
iliveforthis99
Maher

Superstock maybe since it appears you like cockers. But you ruled out most of the good guns in your price range.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:22 PM   #8
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

I already have an orracle(cocker).My price range is like 500-550 that was a huge task to get especially since it's 50/50 chance that I will get the gun
Old 03-14-2006, 12:25 PM   #9
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredBorne
Well you seemed to have made up your mind without any help... /thread
Not really because I want the nerve but it sometimes has problems or so i've heard and it has funky non-stock parts(only 4 but the rest of the gun is stock),want the promaster but I have heard negative things about ICD,and want the borg but 1.cant find good price 2.no easily accesible replacement parts.

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 03-14-2006 at 12:28 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 12:28 PM   #10
iliveforthis99
Maher

Yeah i know the orracle is a cocker. I was just saying since you already have a cocker why not get another one w/ a e2 stock.

EDIT: I can't believe i forgot. Look in the 05 Alien Interceptor, they should be around your price rang now.

Last edited by iliveforthis99 : 03-14-2006 at 12:39 PM.
iliveforthis99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 12:51 PM   #11
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by iliveforthis99
Yeah i know the orracle is a cocker. I was just saying since you already have a cocker why not get another one w/ a e2 stock.

EDIT: I can't believe i forgot. Look in the 05 Alien Interceptor, they should be around your price rang now.
Thats what I was originally going to do you know get an E2,Nexus/Besales ram and an MQ valve and that equals 425 but my mom said why not just get a gun thats great out of the box that dosent need up's and to keep her solid on that idea the guy at the proshop said keep it stock and I'll get a better resale value since they are discontinued,and I REALLY want to make my dream gun(check sig) but my mom keep insiting just get a gun great out of the box.
Old 03-14-2006, 01:46 PM   #12
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Iv'e narrowed it down to;ROMASTER and NERVE
please answer(use this for question 3;http://www.icdpaintball.com/icd05/im...aster_High.mov
http://www.bradyspaintball.com/videos.html ;Look for the nerve) :
1.Which is higher quality
2.Which has better customer service
3.Which is faster
4.Which is more efficient
5.Which is more bang for your buck
6.Which is more up gradeable
7.Which has easier accesible replacement parts
8.Which is more accurate
9.Which one will withstand the test of time
or which one is more durable
10.Which one is newer
If you can answer plz do.

Last edited by A-BOMBER : 03-14-2006 at 02:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:44 PM   #13
imped4now

Well, if your budget is 500-550, why not get a very nice high end gun that won't need any upgrades EVER, like an 05 angel speed or 04/05 cyborg. i know you said you've never held a cyborg, but after owning two, i can tell you that they rock. I owned an 05 and then an 06. Cyborgs, no matter what the year, absolutely rock. Paintballkingdom.com is the US distributor for cyborgs and cyborg parts. They have great customer service and have anything you will ever need. Another great thing is that cyborgs don't need upgrades....there are no internal upgrades even made for them, because they are not needed. The only thing you might wanna do is get a new feedneck....that's it, really. I support angels and cyborgs 100%, and in my opinion, everything else is inferior in some way. You can pick up a used 05 speed or cyborg for $500 easily on this site or, even better, pbnation.com. So, basically, why would u settle for an inferior, lower quality gun, like the nerve or promaster, when you could get one of the best guns ever made that happens to be in your budget?
imped4now is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2006, 03:43 PM   #14
A-BOMBER
IS INSANELY BORED!!

Between the promaster,Nerve,and Cyborg the winner is:Smart Parts NERVE
so with that said and done any mods out thier plz take the honor to close this thread.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:54 PM   #15
iliveforthis99
Maher

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-BOMBER
1.Which is higher quality Promaster IMO
2.Which has better customer service SP
3.Which is faster They're both about the same
4.Which is more efficient Not sure
5.Which is more bang for your buck Promaster IMO
6.Which is more up gradeable Probably the nerve since you can't really find a lot of ups for promaster
7.Which has easier accesible replacement parts Your local shop should have the parts or be able to order them
8.Which is more accurate Depends on paint to bore match mostly
9.Which one will withstand the test of time
or which one is more durableI'll say promaster
10.Which one is newer Promaster
If you can answer plz do.
Anyway i'd go w/ the promaster over the nerve since from what i hear the nerve is real fugly. But i would still check out the 05 interceptor.