pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 03-04-2005, 05:18 PM   #21
robdamanii
Just a regular face mower

Send a message via AIM to robdamanii Send a message via Yahoo to robdamanii
Quote:
The NME rips straight out of the box. People like robdamanii will always slam it because he's too cool to shot a System X gun.
Genius boy, I've shot them. They shoot like crap.

And if Avalance's gun techs are having to full out fix two or three broken NMEs at the end of each match, then the QC can't be too great. And I don't think Av's techs are morons either.

Gold to black Joy Division Angel A4 Fly, Lazer Eyez, Yellow Reloader B, 04 MacDev Conquest, CP 2 Piece, CP Grip Reg, Evolve Lite Kit, Master Tech Valve, Master Tech Trigger, Custom Yellow Breech Knob - Pic
Blue Karta AutoMag, X-valve, Lv 10, ULT kit, Intelliframe, 03 stickies, Freak Kit, Reloader B, Rogue Strangler neck, gas through LCD Mini-Reg, CP rail, CP On/Off, Nitroduck X-Stream - Pic
WDP Black Dust Angel Speed, WS Backplate, Soft Face bolt, Cobra Fang Trigger, Master Tech Volumizer, Force Snatch Grip, Adrenaline Breech Knob, Ultralite, Halo B, 02 MacDev Conquest - Pic
Blue/Black Acid Freeflow Boxxer cocker, Nexus Ram, Eclipse QEVs, Belsales Hollowpoint, WGP Tickler, Freeflow Valve, WGP Hinge Frame, Shocktech Beaver Tail, CP Grip Reg, CP 2 Piece, Reloader B, Centerflag Hyperflow 201 - Pic - FOR SALE!

DBMArmy"Da Budget Men"
NWDP - We Are Cooler Than YouN

What a good laugh this is!

Quote:
Originally posted by Tipp98WhisperEx
Jeez, Rob didn't even let the poor kid take his barrel plug out.
Old 03-04-2005, 06:18 PM   #22
Everlight389

System-X markers just aren't better than the originals. Kinda like buying "Kroger brand sprite" over "Sprite", though it's cheaper (which in this case it isn't), it is not better.
Old 03-04-2005, 07:57 PM   #23
jeffthrowspaint

Quote:
Originally posted by robdamanii

Genius boy, I've shot them. They shoot like crap.

And if Avalance's gun techs are having to full out fix two or three broken NMEs at the end of each match, then the QC can't be too great. And I don't think Av's techs are morons either.
What I figured a sheep like you would say. Go follow the herd...
Rockin..NME #237 red to black dust.

E-bladed, nexus kitted cocker
Old 03-05-2005, 06:23 AM   #24
robdamanii

Quote:
Originally posted by jeffthrowspaint

What I figured a sheep like you would say. Go follow the herd...
Follow what herd? Do you see a Timmy in my signature? No.

Do Bob Long markers have problems? You bet. But from my standpoint, that being the standpoint of a 13 year player, proshop manager, and tech, the NME is something I would never USE, let alone sell or recommend to someone else, along with the rest of System X's markers.

If you want to be blind to the facts, that's fine. The facts remain that the Timmy is smaller, lighter, faster, has high build quality, MUCH better customer service, better electronics, better eye logic, is not milled to look like a blind atuistic kid went at it with a chisel, and hell....all the pro teams that shoot Timmys and love them must be wrong then, right?

I'd rather have the real thing, not a poorly built ripoff of the real thing.

And furthermore, if you can't argue with some kind of facts, don't resort to insults. It makes you look even more childish than you already are.

Gold to black Joy Division Angel A4 Fly, Lazer Eyez, Yellow Reloader B, 04 MacDev Conquest, CP 2 Piece, CP Grip Reg, Evolve Lite Kit, Master Tech Valve, Master Tech Trigger, Custom Yellow Breech Knob - Pic
Blue Karta AutoMag, X-valve, Lv 10, ULT kit, Intelliframe, 03 stickies, Freak Kit, Reloader B, Rogue Strangler neck, gas through LCD Mini-Reg, CP rail, CP On/Off, Nitroduck X-Stream - Pic
WDP Black Dust Angel Speed, WS Backplate, Soft Face bolt, Cobra Fang Trigger, Master Tech Volumizer, Force Snatch Grip, Adrenaline Breech Knob, Ultralite, Halo B, 02 MacDev Conquest - Pic
Blue/Black Acid Freeflow Boxxer cocker, Nexus Ram, Eclipse QEVs, Belsales Hollowpoint, WGP Tickler, Freeflow Valve, WGP Hinge Frame, Shocktech Beaver Tail, CP Grip Reg, CP 2 Piece, Reloader B, Centerflag Hyperflow 201 - Pic - FOR SALE!

DBMArmy"Da Budget Men"

Quote:
Old 03-05-2005, 09:26 AM   #25
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
Have you seen the System X cockers? Nuff said right there.

And since we're on the topic of childish insults, I bet the proto matrix that got burned/warped in a fire on PBN shoots better than an NME. (no link, pbn is down right now).
Markers:
Freak Factory Impulse (Freak Barrel, Dye Stickies & Maxflo Tank)
Automag 68 Classic (Old Style All-American Barrel and Air America Raptor Tank)
Minicocker (Progressive, J&J Ceramic & Oldschool Nitroduck Tank)
P68 Stock Class (Ball count slots, dropout co2 slot, honed barrel)
Stuff:
Halo B, Egg II, 2x Pre-BE Revvy, Profiler, Invision, Spectra, Dye/Proto everything. I have enough stuff to have 3 players ready to play... Too lazy to take pictures to sell stuff...
Old 03-05-2005, 04:00 PM   #26
A-5best
Virtů

Send a message via AIM to A-5best
seriously man, just stop trying and defend the NME and realize that it is a ripoff timmy thate has worse quality control. The fact is if Avalanche''s NMEs were breaking adn having to be fixed every match then they arent that good. If a pro team is using them and having problems you know the gun isnt that good. Not to menbtion Avalanche should have the best NME System X has to offer and they still went down. Bottomline the NME isnt all that good, i can get a timmy for like 700 or so and they have poor customer service. Face the facts.
This one with the thin skinWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW_WWWWWWWWWWWOr a rational man?
Who should learn to laugh at himself
At himself
Old 03-05-2005, 06:59 PM   #27
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Send a message via AIM to V1nn`/
if the NME is better than a regular timmy. then what your saying is that brass eagle is the best company in the intire sport

PS i do give BE props because they
#1 own a lot of other companies (part of dye)
#2 they introduced the angel to the USA
#3 they get a lot of people into the sport bc of their prices
#4 their pumps are fun to customize
Old 03-06-2005, 06:51 AM   #28
jeffthrowspaint

Quote:

If you want to be blind to the facts, that's fine. The facts remain that the Timmy is smaller, lighter, faster, has high build quality, MUCH better customer service, better electronics, better eye logic, is not milled to look like a blind atuistic kid went at it with a chisel, and hell....all the pro teams that shoot Timmys and love them must be wrong then, right?

I'd rather have the real thing, not a poorly built ripoff of the real thing.

And furthermore, if you can't argue with some kind of facts, don't resort to insults. It makes you look even more childish than you already are.
Stop with the high build quality already, there mass produced off a line, nobody checks them before there sent out. please...

Better electronics? What now that theres FRENZY, WAS sucks?

Better eye logic? they both use the same eyes.

Milling? some of the worst milling I have seen is on Timmys. (personal preferance)

Better Customer service? With the exception of a dead board or eyes, I hope you can fix your gun yourself.

A5-BEST look around before you say that only NME's were breaking down on AVALANCHE. This post is straight from them.. Nub..http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.p...hreadid=856727

Last edited by jeffthrowspaint : 03-06-2005 at 07:01 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 07:00 AM   #29
robdamanii

Quote:

Stop with the high build quality already, there mass produced off a line, nobody checks them before there sent out. please...

Better electronics? What now that theres FRENZY, WAS sucks?

Better eye logic? they both use the same eyes.

Milling? some of the worst milling I have seen is on Timmys. (personal preferance)

Better Customer service? With the exception of a dead board or eyes, I hope you can fix your gun yourself.
They are mass produced, yes, but what you don't get is that they actually INSPECT EVERY ONE OF THEM! Hell, you know that little tag that says "inspected by XXX"? I guess not, you've never owned a Timmy, so you don't have anything to base your opinions off of.

Electronics? Yes. The electronics in the Timmy are MUCH more robust than those in the NME. Jim Drew was dropped from Bob Long. Does that tell you anything? Hrm?

Eye logic and eye hardware are two different ballparks, kiddo. The eye logic is the programming that tells the marker what to do when it does or doesn't see a ball in the breech. Frenzy boards have better eye logic, because they are IMPROVEMENTS over Jim Drew's programming.

Yeah, you want to know something kid? The milling on the NME is SO extensive it adds a hefty amount to the pricetag. So where do they cut costs? In parts and quality. They don't cut labor wages for the guys running the CNCs, but they cut the quality of the parts they assemble the markers with. Why do you think System X stuff sucks? They skimp on the quality to make things flashy. Poor judgement, and if they don't change that, it will put them out of business one day.

Better customer service? Every time I or a teammate has had a problem that we can't fix, it has been a single week turnaround from BLAST, including shipping. System X won't even answer my corporate e-mails when I ask for a price quote. BLAST responds within a matter of a couple hours. Shall we talk about customer support?

Jeff, you're a n00b. If you can't make a factual argument based upon REAL facts, not something your little noggin has decided is fact, then you shouldn't even be opening your mouth. You've got a bad case of Timmy envy....you're pissed because you bought an inferior product and now you find it necessary to slam the real thing. Not my problem, take your envy to a therapist, and learn to debate with facts, not heresay.

DBMArmy"Da Budget Men"

Quote:
Old 03-06-2005, 07:03 AM   #30
jeffthrowspaint

Quote:

Yeah, you want to know something kid? The milling on the NME is SO extensive it adds a hefty amount to the pricetag. So where do they cut costs? In parts and quality. They don't cut labor wages for the guys running the CNCs, but they cut the quality of the parts they assemble the markers with. Why do you think System X stuff sucks? They skimp on the quality to make things flashy. Poor judgement, and if they don't change that, it will put them out of business one day.
A hefty amount to the price tag? your ignorace is giving me a headache. Timmy envy? I already told you I dont like them. I chose the NME over a Timmy, EGO, angel. WHY? cause it performs Identical or better for less. Paintball is a clicky sport, some people will always slam stuff cause it isnt cool. You run a buisness I can understand why you push a more expesive product. I dont think System X stuff sucks, I dont care about a NAME. Until my gun proves me wrong I am happy with it.

PS this post is a "little" off subject now.

Last edited by jeffthrowspaint : 03-06-2005 at 07:12 AM.
Old 03-06-2005, 04:42 PM   #31
CoolT

Rob = 1
Jeff = 0
Old 03-06-2005, 04:57 PM   #32
Blue Baller

Quote:
No? No what? Nice post, come up with more than one word next time.
No.

Trader feedback
Old 03-06-2005, 05:06 PM   #33
V1nn`/
Epic [E-po-k] Member

Send a message via AIM to V1nn`/
im def going to agree with cool about rob. rob DEF knows what hes talking about
Old 03-06-2005, 07:30 PM   #34
Guitarguy
Tired 24/7

I think Jeff is on the right track to banning. Shut up about the NME already! Last I checked this thread was about whether an NME is better than a shocker not if the NME was better than a timmy etc. I've read some of your posts Jeff and they are both immature and annoying. Stick to your opinions rather than arguing with Rob all the time. Now lets stay on topic people.....

As for my oppinion, it stays the same. If your going to be the 3rd owner of the shocker I'd skip it anyway. I really think you should look at something else like a timmy or Cyborg or angel or someting like that.
Crossfire 68/45
Halo with critical cone
Old 03-07-2005, 02:57 PM   #35
Kurama

Send a message via AIM to Kurama
The shocker is better than the NME with a HE bolt and nerve or dynasty board...

Anyways, I wrote a ton about this, but I deleted it considering I'd only be spawning a flamefest. To shorten it up, Bob Long > System X.
Markers:
Freak Factory Impulse (Freak Barrel, Dye Stickies & Maxflo Tank)
Automag 68 Classic (Old Style All-American Barrel and Air America Raptor Tank)
Minicocker (Progressive, J&J Ceramic & Oldschool Nitroduck Tank)
P68 Stock Class (Ball count slots, dropout co2 slot, honed barrel)
Stuff:
Halo B, Egg II, 2x Pre-BE Revvy, Profiler, Invision, Spectra, Dye/Proto everything. I have enough stuff to have 3 players ready to play... Too lazy to take pictures to sell stuff...
Old 08-18-2005, 04:50 PM   #36
nmeupfront

i've had shockers, speeds, and timmys and now i own a NME and i have never had a gun that shot this fast or this smooth a practice one day i raced a friend who has a Ego and the NME out shot it with ease so for $800 for a NME with breakbeam eyes and a was board with bolt travel much shorter than a timmy go with the NME a team mate is having sooooo many problems with his shocker he has already bought a NME and is very happy with the speed and reliability on the NME
Old 08-18-2005, 09:12 PM   #37
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Shocker hands down.

It tells you something about System X when, during a tournament, Avalanche resorted to just pulling new NME's out of the boxes instead of having their techs work on them...I swear the internals are made out of aluminum foil. (I've seen the internals and that's seriously what it looks like).
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Old 08-19-2005, 07:31 AM   #38
304[live]PB

Send a message via AIM to 304[live]PB
This may be a little off topic, but I just saw on Avalanche's website that they are leaving System-X for WDP.

Quote:
Originally posted by Tabris17

But when you're comparing a DM5 to a Spyder that's like comparing rocks and hand grenades.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:14 PM   #39
Algernon
In Iraq (again)

my personal experipance with system X markers hasen't been all the great. still, i'd probably take the NME becasue i am more familar with stacked tube popet valves than i am with spoolers. some of the SP fanboyisum, particulary with shocker owners has turned me off of the shocker too, making me a little hesitant towards them. if the NME can be had used for considerably cheaper than a used timmy, yet has very simillar performance, bar a few QC issues, then hell yes i would take a 'fake' over the real thing any day. this is just my opinion, and the shocker may indeed have better performance outta the box but the NME is good enough a preformer for me.

i agree with Jeff, i think NMEs are getting a bad rep because of system X's poor QC and inexplicable hate people seem to have towards clones or copies of other mainstream markers. even if the NME didn't suffer from some QC issues, it would still be attacked for being a timmy clone. correct me if i'm wrong, but the NME is no more a timmy clone than an EGO. whay not attack the EGO for being a 'fake' and not the real thing? why, because planet eclipse is a big name? all of you are perfectly justified in critizing system X's QC but calling it a 'fake', cheap timmy clone, is just hitting below the belt.
Old 08-19-2005, 06:26 PM   #40
Crede777
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to Crede777
Ego's are made by Planet Eclipse who makes very high quality products. Also, to the casual observer, Ego's don't scream "Timmy clone" as much as NME's do.

Oh thought I'd add this in here: Jeffthrowspaintcuzjeff'sNMEnowork.

Just kidding, my brother's looking into an NME. If you get one that works, it'll work very well.
This space is reserved for Chris (f2f4) and those in service to our country.

Denison '10
Closed Thread