pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Closed Thread

Old 12-06-2005, 06:21 PM   #41
JaredBorne

Send a message via AIM to JaredBorne
I decided to revive this topic.
I find it halarious that people bash the NME. The Shocker is a great gun, but so is the NME. System X is bashed because they had a bad batch of cockers when they first came out, and yes, they do have the worst customer service. However, the NME is a great gun that is simply accurate, rips, consistant, and an all around great marker for the price. You can now get them for $600 or less. We recently had 3 people buy NMEs at the local field and have another one on the way (if it isn't there already) It is a great marker if you know how to handle your gear. Take care of the externals, lube, and change your orings and any marker will last.
For the Shocker side, I have seen many shoot awesome, accurate, and flawless in games, but at the end of the day, it was starting to break down. I seen a field owner/technician having to walk off the field right before the game started because his shocker was acting up (this was the dynasty shocker btw). Sometimes markers just break down...
People who are arguing over the Timmy and NME need to grow up. They are both great markers that are so alike it doesn't really matter to compare.
Shocktech feedneck
68/3000 Pure Energy
Empire Reloader B
Old 12-07-2005, 12:45 PM   #42
-Evilordie-
Guelph Arsenal

Send a message via MSN to -Evilordie-
Yeah i think they are pretty sexy but the NME weighs 3 pounds and people might not like that, the same about the pimp
Old 12-07-2005, 01:56 PM   #43
JaredBorne

Send a message via AIM to JaredBorne
2lbs 14oz to be exactl. Not 3 They are very distributed tho... very. I can balance it on a finger heh
Shocktech feedneck
68/3000 Pure Energy
Empire Reloader B
Old 03-14-2006, 12:01 AM   #44
jw525705

I need to agree with Jared on the NME getting a bad rap. But bottem line is that all guns will have their problems. It's kind of like saying that ford is better than Chevy or vise versa. It's a personal preference. I have an NME LE, got it because i needed a tournament gun, it seemed like the way to go 60psi operation, light, WAS board and i was able to get it for $500 brand new. It has worked just as well as my friends timmy, and this is straight from the box. Some guns will work flawlessly right out of the box others won't. I got lucky with mine just as other will be unlucky with a new intimidator.

As for the shocker debate. I've seen them shoot great. I haven't had the chance to actually shoot one but i have been shot be them. Accuracy seems very good, great distance and fast cycleing. The only problem I found is that they seem to eat air pretty fast. Me, I would go with an NME LE, they are cheaper price wise and my experience with them has been good. But once again bottem line is that when spending this much money you have lots of choices and it all comes down to a personal preference, if it didn't come down to that then every gun would feel, look, and shoot the exact same.
Old 03-14-2006, 02:19 AM   #45
Lopez17
Administrator

Please don't resurrect dead threads.

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaster
I'd have given someone's arm for a U-Haul and 20 minutes alone with a forklift.
Closed Thread