pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Worr Game Products

Old 06-16-2006, 04:03 AM   #1121
Dark Master

The Sport is designed to run on 800psi. It's not designed to run on a regulator stock.
Dark Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 08:14 AM   #1122
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

In that case, is there anything i can do to drop it? Id hate to think i got it for nothing.

edit: After more research, ive found that the ergo reg is adjustable from 0 to 800psi. If this is in fact the case, shouldnt I be able to adjust it all the way up, and have precisely the right pressure being fed to my gun? Im not necessarily looking for low pressure, just something to keep a little consistancy, if it has to be 800 consistant thats not a problem.
By the way, im running this on co2, through a remote. Which is why I opted for a reg and not an expansion.

Last edited by MikedaPber : 06-16-2006 at 08:41 AM.
MikedaPber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 12:35 PM   #1123
Dark Master

You would probably have to get a new valve setup and a main spring. Look at Palmers for Trilogy valves and Maddman for main spring.
Old 06-16-2006, 02:51 PM   #1124
Prospekt

Talking

Yea, you're probably going to need a new actuator rod (the bar attached to the trigger that moves forward and back) or your timing will be a little off. I've just bought the WGP hinge frame for it hoping that I wouldn't need it. But nope, the timing is just slightly off and it doesn't work without the adjustable rod.

So to save yourself a long shipping wait after finally getting that frame, buy it. Or maybe try your luck - you might be lucky enough to get a frame that has the same motions and rod distances as your current one.

The rod is made by TechT paintball. It'ts called the shaft kit. http://www.techtpaintball.com/links.html

It's about 25 bucks.

Last edited by Prospekt : 06-16-2006 at 03:03 PM.
Prospekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2006, 06:55 PM   #1125
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

Yeah ive already ordered one of those, to be safe.

Can you explain why i would need a whole new valve/spring setup? I mean, if it runs stock at 800 psi, and the ergo reg can output up to 800psi, whats the problem with running it, all the way turned up?

Im not trying to dispute you, I just dont know the answer.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:57 PM   #1126
Dark Master

The springs are designed to run at roughly 800psi. If it's that low, the velocity won't be right.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:41 PM   #1127
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

Ok so i ordered the palmer LT Trilogy valve and an autococker spring kit from maddman. Should I be set?
How will I know which is the main spring when the set arrives?

I guess it seems silly to put a lot of money into upgrading a SPORT, I probably couldve picked a better one to upgrade, but for 50 bucks the price was right.
Just looking for a nice mid range... stuff i have/is coming:

dye excel 12in
Shocktech Hinge frame (13.00 on ebay!)
Green Dye Stickies (its the green sport)
AIM derlin bolt (or something along those lines)
Palmer LT Valve w/maddman kit
REGS! (I decided to get a stabilizer for my co2, a female bottomline. Run that into the ergo reg [will that work? see my thread in AIR forums...] or the gas thru...)

it already shoots nice (i had a one shot one kill 1v1 match) i'll be glad to see what i can get out of it with those parts.
Old 06-19-2006, 08:52 AM   #1128
Uziel Gal
Legend

The hammer springs in the Maddman spring kit will be considerably longer than the valve springs.

You will probably find that the valve spring (if you receive one) that comes with the Trilogy LT valve will be longer than the valve springs that come with the spring kit, so just use the kits hammer springs, and use the valve spring that came with the LT.

Dual regulating CO2 can provide very consistent performance, as long as your marker's operating pressure is low enough. You need to set the primary regulators pressure 200psi above the pressure that your secondary regulator is feeding in to your marker - this is in order to maintain good flow rate through the secondary regulator to avoid shoot down.

As an example, if your marker were operating at 250psi, this would be the pressure to set your Ergo at. The Female Stabilizer would then need to be set to 450psi. Assuming that the pressure in the bottle were 850psi, this means that the bottle pressure can drop 400psi, before you would notice any drop in performance from your marker, allowing you to rapid fire for a while with no ill effects.

If your marker were operating at 450psi on the other hand, and your Stabilizer had to be set to 650psi to avoid shoot down, you would only have a 200psi difference between bottle pressure and regulator pressure, and shoot down would occur after a shorter burst of rapid firing.

The lower your marker's operating pressure, the better a dual regulated set-up would function.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Got to go home by 1am, the bottle wins the battle again.
Husker Du - "First of the last calls"
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Uziel Gal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 12:30 PM   #1129
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

Thank you very much for the helpful reply.

I was thinking of 250-300psi range, so what you suggested sounds perfect.
Old 06-23-2006, 12:20 PM   #1130
Prospekt

Arggh. I've finally recieved my TechT Shaft and have been timing it all afternoon with no luck. Maybe you guys can help me figure out what needs to be adjusted.

When I pull the trigger, the marker fires at 1/4 through the pull.
Then the 3 way engages shortly after to recock the lug.

Yet, for some reason, the sear on my trigger doesn't pop up in time to catch the lug. So if I don't release the trigger fast enough, the lug won't catch the sear. I have the wgp hinge frame if that helps.

I've tried adjusting the lug by screwing it in more, but still no luck. I've also lengthened the pull to the full range. Nothing.
Prospekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2006, 12:44 PM   #1131
Uziel Gal
Legend

If this is just an issue of timing, then making the marker cock as close to the firing point as possible (as close as possible without causing blow back that is) will help. If the bolt opens soon after the firing point when you pull the trigger, it means that when the action is reversed, it will close late in the sequence when you release the trigger. This will allow the sear to rise further before the bolt starts to close. So, adjusting the hammer lug was a possible solution to your problem, but you may need to adjust it further.

A stiffer or longer sear spring could help. If your stock hammer lug is not square (they are often chamfered a little rather than have a sharp angle), then a lug with a flatter tip may help. A worn lug or sear could also cause problems.

Hundred, hundred, hundred bottles on the wall, you wonder if you can drink them all.
Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
HustlePaintball.com for Spyder paintball guns, Dye Markers, WDP Angel 1 and of course the Hustle Hotties.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:46 PM   #1132
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

hello again gentlemen. Easier question this time.

The spring kit came in, and I noticed there are 3 hammer springs each of different tension. I read in the upgrade thread that lighter springs PLUS a heavy hammer can allow you to lower your pressure, but is the stock trilogy hammer heavy enough for me to use the lightest spring?

Basically, im wondering exactly which spring will work best, or if there is even a way to tell?
Old 06-27-2006, 04:03 PM   #1133
Uziel Gal
Legend

The Trilogy hammer would be considered medium, or standard, weight. That doesn't necessarily mean that you cannot use the lightest hammer spring. Heavy weight hammers may actually require lighter springs than you would find in a normal spring kit.

Fit the light spring, sweet spot your reg pressure, and see if you can get up to 300fps without having to excessively adjust your IVG. Then wind out the IVG again and try the mid weight spring. See if that allows you to get to 300fps - if it does, it should require less adjustment then the light spring, so may be a better bet.

If on the other hand the mid weight spring puts you over 300fps, then you will obviously need to go back to the light spring and wind the IVG in as far as necessary to get the velocity you want.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 06-28-2006, 11:44 AM   #1134
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

I think i may have just ruined the marker...

The LT valve didnt come with a spring, so i figured Id try one of the valve springs which came in the madman kit. Problem is, the valve spring that was on the stock valve was about 3 times longer, (it wouldnt fit on the LT valve) so when i pushed in the new valve with the madman spring it went in too far, and now i have no way of getting it out. I can see it when i look through the back, but its passed all the holes on the underside.

is there anything i can even do?

edit: Ok i got it out by removing the LPR and pushing it back out. I reinserted it with the STOCK valve spring, which is very long and very stiff. Will this defeat the purpose?

Last edited by MikedaPber : 06-28-2006 at 12:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2006, 12:57 PM   #1135
Uziel Gal
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikedaPber
edit: Ok i got it out by removing the LPR and pushing it back out. I reinserted it with the STOCK valve spring, which is very long and very stiff. Will this defeat the purpose?
Exactly what I would suggest.

Try the stock valve spring - it will at least be the correct length.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 06-29-2006, 02:19 PM   #1136
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

Is there any way to check at which pressure the ergo reg is regulating the input pressure to? I put a gauge on the only available hole and all it does is read the input pressure.

If I cant read the output pressure, I will not be able to set the Stabilizer 200 psi more than the what the secondary reg is outputing.

Also, im beginning to doubt anyone has ever even bought these trilogy related products, or at least anyone on these forums, because nothing is working right at all. The tech t timing rod required shaving of the frame in order for the large circle part to move back and forth freely. Also, the stock valve spring did not correctly fit over the valve pin of the Trilogy LT valve. It is assumed that this is the spring to be used, since palmer included no valve spring, and the valve springs in my madman kit are 3x too short.
Old 06-30-2006, 01:06 PM   #1137
Uziel Gal
Legend

The two holes on the Ergo reg are both input ports - this is to make it more likely that one of them will line up the hose where you want it. There is a gauge adapter available for the Ergo reg, as used on VF Tactical Autococker. It replaces the top end cap of the reg. You sometimes find these adapters on eBay, but you could probably order one direct from WGP.

As for the other parts, you probably would have been best to contact the manufacturers for guidance. They may have been able to resolve this without you having to modify anything. I have not heard of anyone else having to modify their frame to use the Shaft Kit.

It may be worth contacting Palmer and asking if they can supply you with a spring for their valve. The Maddman valve springs were always going to be too short for the Trilogy. The spring kit is made for use with normal Autocockers, not the Trilogy, which uses a longer spring than the Autococker. That means that when you buy a spring kit for use with a Trilogy, you only use the hammer springs. No one at this time makes a spring kit specifically for use with the Trilogy.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 07-01-2006, 12:17 PM   #1138
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

I looked on ebay and worr.com and couldnt find that adapter.

I trust it exists im just wondering if I can get my hands on one.

Ive also contacted Palmer about which valve spring to use, but havnt gotten an answer yet. Haha, ive been using all three of my madman valve springs stacked on top of eachother, it fits exactly. I also bought another lighter spring of the same size at a hardware store. Both seem to WORK, but I havnt tried sweetspotting or anything yet.

Right now im just conserned about determining what pressure my ergo is outputing. I know it is adjustable from 0-800 psi, would it be possible to just count the turns on the screw and figure out what its set at?
Old 07-01-2006, 04:39 PM   #1139
Uziel Gal
Legend

You'll need to contact WGP about buying the adapter - they don't advertise them for sale separately any more, but they are still made, as they are used on the VF Tactical. If you ask, they may sell you one.

The option is to get a separate gauge adapter that your reg screws in to. Something like this: -

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=paJwini29t5wiTwRo06wInIQ22qMfvkHpnc=?Pro ductID=TY6sFAY7_SQAAAD8yNLHhy4z

Not in stock at the moment, and I think Shocktech have stopped making them, but you should be able to find one if you search for it. If you have no luck, I believe that LAPCo make a similar adapter.

Back when I was popular
Supporting a friend:
Old 07-05-2006, 11:33 AM   #1140
MikedaPber
**Shake it Momma**

update:

I recieved a reply from palmer-pursuit, they said the valve was designed to work with the stock trilogy valve spring, and that due to its length it actually makes it pretty soft. They claim the size of the hole in the valve determins how low i can go, and that the spring matters less than I think. So, thats something to add maybe.

Ive got one of those gauge adapters on the way from ebay. Hopefully my next update will be my final, ill let you know how everything turns out and maybe a few pics. THX!