pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Smart Parts > Impulse

Old 04-17-2005, 08:21 PM   #1
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Anodizing

TPD's Anodizing Favorites:

A+ Anodizing
http://aplusanodizing.com/
Rating: 9.5/10
Great people, Great Great Great prices, and fast turnaround time.

Elia Paintball Machining
http://www.eliapaintball.com/23301.html
Rating: 9/10
Great people and prices, as well as completely unique ideas.

Adrenaline
http://www.buypb.com/anodizing.asp
Rating: 8/10
High prices, but excellent quality-you get what you pay for. I can safely say I’ll be an Adrenaline Customer for life.

Fire Ball Mountain Factory
http://fbmfactory.com/fbmf/anodizing.html
Rating: 8/10
Great prices, and options, but slower turn around time.

Cobra Paintball
www.cobrapaintball.com
Rating: 5/10
High as hell prices, slow turnaround time, but high quality.

Doro Paintball.com Custom Works
http://www.doropaintball.com/CustomWorks.asp
Rating: 4/10
Stay away… good people, but high prices and low turn around time. Not quite as higher quality as Cobra or Adrenaline.

There are hundreds of anodizing companies with paintball gun and accessory anodizing experience. This is just a short list of my favorites to get you going. I have had all these different companies do something or other for me over the years. In most cases, anodizing will be anodizing. You should first try to find the lowest anodizing price for what you want, then find the closest one to you, as it does take a while to get everything finished.

Mike's All-To-Famous FAQ Back and Forth

Billy Joe Bob Shmit:
"Well, Mike the G, i'm gonna get my impulse milled by SIC, and was thought it would be cool to have some raw aluminum showing through. How do you think that would look?"

Mike the G:
"Butt ugly, not only does raw aluminum with streaks of anodized metal showing through look nasty, it will lead to your gun rusting, getting stained from paint and oil, swelling, and also being able to get scratched a lot easier. Trust me, you may think you gun will look cool with some raw aluminum showing, or streaks of it poping through the ano, but it won't, trust me. So why didn't you want to get it ano'd again... and tell me the truth...

Billy Joe Bob Shmit:
"I didn't get my last pay check from Thirsty-One Flava's yet...

Mike the G:
"

Remeber, raw aluminum leads to:
-Swelling of the body
-Scratching easily
-Staining from paint and oil
-Rusting
-Getting Dumped"

WHAT'S YOUR FAVORITE ANODIZER?

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting

Last edited by toothpastedog : 04-17-2005 at 08:50 PM.
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:32 PM   #2
Team Chokepoint
Exit Wounds @ pbn

Send a message via AIM to Team Chokepoint
Good post. Something you might wanna add: the importance of annodizing vs. leaving it bare (if there is any...bear aluminum wears more quickly but idk how serious this is).

TPD, why so many posts today? You need to get your *** back to work and make us some mystery guns

Rockin the Alien Interceptor: Because winning is more fun. Predator - Be the Hunter.

Alien forum - now available on pbr.

Trust +29 / -0
Team Chokepoint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2005, 08:51 PM   #3
toothpastedog

Send a message via AIM to toothpastedog Send a message via Yahoo to toothpastedog
Done... or at least half of it is...

Mike the G
IQ Paintball
Here are some comments made by satisfied questioners:
"im glad to know there are real helpful people in these forums as yourself, i give my thanks." IMPULSE2ME
"You know some much about impys i'm starting to think that u are an impy!"-VwBillabongwV
"Ok, thats it... I cant take it any longer. How do you do it toothpastedog!?!? Do you have the Impulse manual tatooed to your chest..."-SPPaintball
"Holy Crap i just learned alot right there, i feel 30% smarter."-master_chadwick
"That's like asking the Pope if he knows who God is. TPD knows everything, including the meaning of life, which he will not share with us because our simple minds couldn't comprehend it." -nos911
"Yes, Toothpastedog is the official Impulse gangster (tm)" -Mai Thai man (SuperBeaner)
"I care, Mike....(dramatic pause)....i care..."-Master_Chadwick
"lol wow mike u really are a G...hahhahhahhahhahhaha
what a pimp " -wanabe TOSA
"We dont have to post to do our job, especially with people like TPD around." -wolverine
toothpastedog, come to Canada right now.-MBPG
Mystery Gun?
IMPULSE FAQ
Oww Owww Quiting
toothpastedog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2005, 07:13 AM   #4
Team Chokepoint
Exit Wounds @ pbn

Send a message via AIM to Team Chokepoint

Rockin the Alien Interceptor: Because winning is more fun. Predator - Be the Hunter.

Alien forum - now available on pbr.

Trust +29 / -0
Team Chokepoint is offline   Reply With Quote