pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > Dye Precision

Old 06-25-2006, 02:43 PM   #1
mooniniteman

Question Erratic Flight Paths

I haverecently used Proto Darts for my first case of paint for my PM6 and noticed that the balls mostly had erratic flight paths making it accurate to like 30ft

Is it a bad barrel match? Is my velocity too high? I dont want to adjust anything till I break it in. I hope someone can help
mooniniteman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:23 PM   #2
ikey

well unless your velocity is over 300 then it should not affect it. it is either you got a bad batch of paint, or teh barrel match.

forum
http://www.markedfordeathpaintball.com/forum/index.php
ikey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 03:35 PM   #3
littleman1
Banned

proably the barrel match up to the paint
littleman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 04:46 PM   #4
nick_reith
is heb

Send a message via ICQ to nick_reith Send a message via AIM to nick_reith Send a message via MSN to nick_reith Send a message via Yahoo to nick_reith
Chrono your marker and turn it down a little if its over 300fps. And clean your barrel the stock proto barrel is crap as soon as you break paint in it. I was shooting proto darts out of my proto barrel yesterday with no problems.

Own a spyder or ion? Want some general paintball info? For techinical help for spyders/ions be sure to visit www.nicksdistortion.com
So you go to HustlePaintball.com and buy an Angel paintball gun. Why? Because Hustle is cheaper, better and they have the Hustle Hotties.
AIM = nickr6388 Yahoo IM = nickr6388 ICQ = 473516658MSN = nickr6388@hotmail.com Myspace = Myspace.com/pbrnick
Proto Matrix 6 Bob Long Intimidator Spyder Imagine
nick_reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2006, 06:31 PM   #5
mooniniteman

Cool... It may have been that my hopper was feeding too slow. However I could see the seems on the paintball
Old 06-25-2006, 07:17 PM   #6
nick_reith
is heb

Send a message via ICQ to nick_reith Send a message via AIM to nick_reith Send a message via MSN to nick_reith Send a message via Yahoo to nick_reith
That shouldn't matter if your barrel is clean. Also what are you using for lube on your bolt. I was using dye slick lube and I couldn't get my velocity to be consistant enough to shoot right. I switched to dow 33 and its so much better now.

Own a spyder or ion? Want some general paintball info? For techinical help for spyders/ions be sure to visit www.nicksdistortion.com
So you go to HustlePaintball.com and buy an Angel paintball gun. Why? Because Hustle is cheaper, better and they have the Hustle Hotties.
AIM = nickr6388 Yahoo IM = nickr6388 ICQ = 473516658MSN = nickr6388@hotmail.com Myspace = Myspace.com/pbrnick
Proto Matrix 6 Bob Long Intimidator Spyder Imagine
nick_reith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 01:07 AM   #7
darktrooper5

Send a message via AIM to darktrooper5
Make sure the barrel is clean, the breach is clean and that your bolt face isn't getting lube on the paint(it does happen).
darktrooper5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2006, 11:14 AM   #8
mooniniteman

Well, at the moment I was using DYE Slick, but now im using dow33. Also It's not mybarrel match. I recently used evil and I realised that my velocity was too high and I live too far froma field to just go and chrono. The balls were curving everywhere. It reminded me of my Tippmann A-5 ugh
Old 06-28-2006, 12:20 PM   #9
The Dark Knight
Ninja Style

Send a message via AIM to The Dark Knight
Unless you got a bad batch of Darts (which has never happened to me), it sounds like it's your barrel. Clean it out, make sure that you clean it after any and all breaks (chop or barrel break), and be sure that the bore is the same size or larger than the paint that you're shooting.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote