pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Other Equipment

Old 08-23-2006, 11:57 AM   #81
DM5GUY
dynabot.

Send a message via AIM to DM5GUY
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_111 View Post
hi im a 32 waist and 5,2 i really need your help on getting a jersey and pants. i wanna get the dye c6 jersey and pants but dunno what sizes to get, thanks
I'm the same size as you, and i tried on the small pants and they were humongus on me, so mosty likely you would be a xtra small for the pants.
Old 08-24-2006, 07:31 PM   #82
RAIN MAN182
ShAdoWmAnCeR

Hey from lowest to hgihest in inches what size waist will a NXe 4 pod pro harness fit? need to know and can't seem to find an answer
Old 08-26-2006, 07:41 PM   #83
Engine of End

I am about 6'1" and weigh 160 lbs. What is rather odd is that pants with a 32" waist fit me just fine, but I need pants with a long inseam. A 33" or 34" inseam is pretty much perfect. It just sucks when the majority of your height is in your legs.
Engine of End is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2006, 08:08 AM   #84
pbmike1888

i just bought some empire grind gloves. i bought a large. im 5'10" and 190 pounds. the gloves fit like a glove. lol

BEST OFFER TILL I FIGURE OUT A PRICE.lol
pbmike1888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:17 AM   #85
Neil NZ 09

To all you glove owners try this out and see if it is accurate for your brand
Glove sizing chart-
http://www.blackstarpaintball.com/cg...ovesizing.html

EMPIRE INVERT XL very snug at 4.5in
Neil NZ 09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2006, 01:59 PM   #86
darkwolf0982
looking for a team

Send a message via AIM to darkwolf0982
i am 5"7"-"8" and weigh 170 pounds should i get a small for a jersey
darkwolf0982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 07:31 PM   #87
darkwolf0982
looking for a team

Send a message via AIM to darkwolf0982
wat about pants
darkwolf0982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 06:11 PM   #88
TheTwinkieMafia
GAS MASK!!!

i'm 5.7, and im 14 yrs old...what empire jersey size will fit me?

What about extremely annoying blue?

Like whoa its me
TheTwinkieMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 08:29 PM   #89
hybrid-sniper

Send a message via AIM to hybrid-sniper Send a message via MSN to hybrid-sniper
For jerseys, generally you can use your tshirt size, then go up one size from that.
Ex. Medium tshirt, get a large jersey.

That way you know it will fit, plus you can get bounces and put layers on underneath if necassary.

I'll keep it short and sweet. Family. Religion. Friendship. These are the three demons you must slay if you wish to succeed. - Montgomery Burns
But it would be just like you to drag your keyboard to a gunfight - Bane

Awake. Arise. Eat. Work. ****. Sleep. Awake. Arise.
hybrid-sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 05:51 PM   #90
soccerjacks12
My Killer Puppy ate Santa

How do you determine what size knee and elbow pads fit you?
Anarchy OG Midwest Posse OG
soccerjacks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:36 PM   #91
LAMANTEthePBguy
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to LAMANTEthePBguy
Somewhere in the depths of PBR I found a sizing chart. If they give size measurements, it usually means to measure right behind your knee or elbow (iirc). Search around for a while for the sizing chart. Post a link here if you do.
LAMANTEthePBguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:42 PM   #92
soccerjacks12
My Killer Puppy ate Santa

Will do.
edit:
X-Small
13"- 15½"

Small
15½"-18½"

Medium
18½" - 21"

Large
21" - 23½"

X-Large
23½" - 26½"

XX-Large
26½" - 29½"

Bend your knee and measure 6 inches above your knee.
Anarchy OG Midwest Posse OG

Last edited by soccerjacks12 : 10-23-2006 at 07:49 PM.
soccerjacks12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:46 PM   #93
godsavethequeen
toronto baller

empire react jersey and pants

i am kinda skinny as a twig i am 5'8 and 115 lbs im wondering what size

ps im 15 so im sure ill pack on the pounds later but when life is good and u can eat all u want and still stay skinny eat on my friend eat on
godsavethequeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 01:19 AM   #94
sort187
Revelations 6:8

Unhappy Pretty big paws!

That glove sizing chart link doesnt work...so I guess I HAVE to ask.....anybody know of a dealer that sells something larger than XL for gloves? I have a size 15 1/2 - 16 ring finger (getting married, and got fitted for a ring, otherwise I'd have no idea) so that gives you some idea how big my hands are.....it seems like all anyone has to offer is XL sizes...so that kinda leaves me hanging in the breeze.....I've been using camo jersey weave gloves (I play woodsball) and they don't hold up worth a damn....one good run in with a picker bush and I go from full glove to half finger glove.....any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 03-04-2007, 06:08 AM   #95
aiden

Send a message via AIM to aiden
i'm 6'1 170, with a 32-33 waist

long arms..

sick of playing in t-shirts and jeans
aiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2007, 05:15 PM   #96
mmmoose
n00b

Send a message via AIM to mmmoose
Any Proto 07 people here? I'm interested in getting the whole set (gloves, jersey, and pants), but unfortunately there aren't any paintball shops in my area that sell any clothing to help me get a feel for sizes. And even worse, it looks like all the online paintball stores charge a 7% restocking fee for UNOPENED items too. So I'll be losing money on shipping and restocking fees if the size isn't right!

I'm 5'11", wear XL size t-shirts, and wear 38/32 jeans (I prefer baggy). I should also note that my Airwalk snowboarding pants are a size large. I'm wondering if snowboarding pants and paintball pants share similar sizing measurements, since they do look very similar (except without the insulating material obviously).

To start off, I looked through the sizing chart for the Proto 07 pants with the Amazon item description, which says 36"-38" for large, and the sizing chart on here, which say 36"-39". So I think I've narrowed down that I need to get a large size for pants. I also know right off that I'll need large size gloves, so that's taken care of too. But what about the jersey?

As I said before I normally wear XL t-shirts, which from what I gather is a 46"-48" chest size with standard US measurements. That borderlines L and XL size paintball jersey from the chart in this thread. So obviously this puts me in an awkward situation. I don't want the jersey to be TOO loose, with the neck collar being too open for shots. But at the same time I don't want it to be too tight either.

So if anybody else has a Proto 07 jersey, what size t-shirt do you normally wear and what size jersey did you get? How would you best decribe the sizing for it and what would you recommend? My Amazon total price, with everything in the cart, comes to a total of about $135. As you can probably imagine I'm a little nervous about placing the order when I'm unsure about the sizes. Anyone? :-(

EDIT: I went with an XL jersey, L pants, and L gloves. God I hope I didn't screw up. I'll let everyone know how the Proto 07 sizing is when I get it, if anyone is curious. I figured it might save someone else the headache of getting the wrong size or whatever. So nervous...

Last edited by mmmoose : 03-18-2007 at 09:13 PM.
mmmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 10:04 PM   #97
mmmoose
n00b

Just a small update...

I received my Proto 07 jersey and pants from ActionVillage and I LOVE THEM!!! They're extremely comfortable. Actually I can't say I've worn any clothes like it before. It's weird in how the material and feel of the clothes contradict each other. I mean it's nicely padded in certain areas, but at the same time it's also very well vented. Maybe I'm just a noob at this sorta thing, but I'm very impressed.

For those considering, the price for the Proto 07 line is totally worth it. The reviews here speak for themselves. However my experience wasn't 100% perfect. The sizing was a little off, unfortunately. They FIT, but the sleeves and bottom pant legs were a little too short for comfort. So for a summary and comparison:

5'11" height
XL shirt size (what I normally wear)
38" jean size (prefer loose/baggy fit)

What I ordered: XL jersey, L pants
What I should've ordered: XXL jersey, XL pants

So if you're around the same height or body build as me, those are the sizes you should probably go with if you'd like a loose or comfortable fit. I'm even debating going up another size, depending on the jump between sizes. But I'll give the next size up a try, because it's really hard to say from this point.

I really hope they don't charge me a restocking fee. I'm going to try talking my way out of one when I call them up, and try to get an exchange. I went by the recommended sizing description on their Amazon page, so it would seem kinda BS to charge me for a return after going by their own description.

PS: The gloves were a perfect fit. They look thick and padded with the online pictures, which is something I was really worried about, but when you get them they're actually very thin (but still padded). It's hard to describe, but I just wanted to point that out if anyone was concerned about that.

Last edited by mmmoose : 03-21-2007 at 10:07 PM.
mmmoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 06:49 AM   #98
Prodigal

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmmoose View Post
5'11" height
XL shirt size (what I normally wear)
38" jean size (prefer loose/baggy fit)

What I ordered: XL jersey, L pants
What I should've ordered: XXL jersey, XL pants
mmmoose, your post rocks!
I'm in the exact situation you were in...can't try anything on because there are no local stores near me so I need to order online. I'm also buying Proto 07 range from Actionvillage, through Amazon.

I'm currently a tight 38" waist (hoping to lose a size in the next couple months). In your opinion, will the XL pants still be a good fit...seeing as though the Larges you ordered first did actually fit you but were a little short - these pants are reported to have a decent side velcro adjustment on them - can you give any info/comments/opinion please before I order...I've been searching the net frantically for info and finally found your post?

Thank you very much
Prodigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2007, 07:39 AM   #99
mmmoose
n00b

Hi Prodigal, just got your PM. I actually just got my jersey and pants early in the week, and the sizing is now perfect.

My final sizes were XXL jersey, XL pants, and L gloves. Basically for the Proto 07 jersey I'd recommend one size above your regular shirt size (if you wear XL, get XXL). Your normal shirt size of the jersey WILL fit, but I found that the sleeves weren't long enough in my case.

It's a similar case with the XL pants. If you have a 38 waist, you'll comfortably be able to wear the XL size and have some nice bagginess left over, no problem. The L size fit, but it was nowhere near the bagginess that I wanted and it was a little on the short side with the inseam.

The last thing I'd suggest is buying from an online store that is generous with returns. I used Action Village, and after I explained to them that I followed their Amazon.com sizing description on my purchase and was still unsatisfied with the fit, they generously offered to take the return for a full refund. I did have to pay for shipping of course, but it's better than the 20% restocking fee most other places penalize you with. But in any case I'm certain you'll be happy if you follow the above suggestions. So it shouldn't be too big of a problem. Best of luck!
Old 04-07-2007, 07:44 AM   #100
Prodigal

Thanks for the reply, your info is a great help.
Are the XL pants providing nice space/room around your thigh's and is there a decent amount of adjustment that can still be made in the waist with the velcro tabs?
In your opinion, would the XXL pants have been too much for you?

I know this is only your opinion, so don't stress, I won't be blaming anyone if things don't fit

Additionally, would you mind measuring from the tip of your middle finger to the base of your middle finger to give me an idea on the gloves size I would need. Thanks.

Last edited by Prodigal : 04-07-2007 at 08:06 AM. Reason: Added request for finger measurement
Prodigal is offline   Reply With Quote