pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Specific Marker Forums > PMI Paintball

Old 10-09-2005, 07:06 PM   #1
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

ext or evo? which to get

i was thinking about getting a evo (im not sure if its a 2k3,2k4, or 2k5 will know tommarrow.) or a ext. I know the ext has mutiple fireing modes which are fun but not neccessary and that the evo doesn't (at least i think) anyway.

i also wanted to know if it true that evo/ext run like crappolla on co2 because i currently only have enough for the gun and then may or maynot switch to HPA.

please note that i am getting the evo for $115 NEW with i believe to be a good price from a local proshop from a nice guy (ex: of how nice/ sold me a twice use v-force profiler for $40)

what do you think and please don't flame
tippmannmandan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:24 PM   #2
michelkenny

Send a message via ICQ to michelkenny
I'd go for the Evo since it comes with the anti chop eyes, which will reduce chopping. I have one and it works great on CO2. And I had a GTI before, with the extra firing modes and I never used them. You can shoot faster on the Evo using semi than auto on other guns anyways. I really like my Evo
  • Boss Bolt
  • Boss Blade trigger
  • On/Off ASA (don't know the model name)
  • 20oz CO2 tank
  • Gravity fed hopper
michelkenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 09:30 PM   #3
paintballer279
Banned

Send a message via AIM to paintballer279
The evo is probably the better buy, due to its eyes, removable feed neck, and faster bps. Although is is more expensive than the ext, it is still the better buy. But one thing to keep in mind, is that the ext has the low pressure internals, making it better shots per refill, less chopped balls, and cheaper. They both run well on co2, my friend tom ran his on co2 until it broke in his hands, and got a rodeo. Watch out for the low end quality. But have fun and good luck with your new pmi.
paintballer279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 09:27 AM   #4
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

thanks for all the info guys I'm just alittle caustious on switching to the evo because my old gun a stock tippy 98 is what im using to pay for most of the evo (meaning im tradeing it in) and im worried about reliablity (knowing that most electic guns are prone to breaking) and whether or not the evo won't break like a pile of crap in a mechinical sense.
Old 10-10-2005, 09:38 AM   #5
paintballer279
Banned

If you are scared, get a refurbed imagine from actionvillage for $64, then you can upgrade it like crazy.
Old 10-10-2005, 11:09 AM   #6
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

im not into the whole "buy over the interweb" fad I first off im under 18 and i don't have a creditcard. second im not familaiar with this actionvilliage.

good news the evo im looking at getting is a 2k4 with a 2k5 board in it wih eyes.....but its gonna cost me $150 not that bad but still ok ....i think
Old 10-10-2005, 11:15 AM   #7
paintballer279
Banned

An evo for $150 is a great deal. They are priced retial for over $270!!! Good luck, have fun when u get your pmi.
Old 10-10-2005, 01:30 PM   #8
tippmannmandan
Happy Holidays

thx man for all the help im only 23 dollors away! awwwww yea
reasons why im gettin evo
1. no bs fire modes
2.waaaaay faster then tippy 98 stock
3.looks tighter then tippy
4.has board and breakbeam eyes
5.got shweet reviews on pbreview
6.easy upgrades
7.free parts for LIFE

anyway do you know which hopper i should get i like richochet look but i know the eggs are better and i don't have the cash for a halo A or B