pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > Pump / Stock Markers

Old 01-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #1
S.paw_soldier

Thinking about going pump, need some advice

I'm getting tired of wasting paint, and lugging around my A-5. I was thinking about switching to a pump, especially after reading some forums and sites, and seeing what was out there. I'm thinking I'd like to go with a Phantom or clone, with a Hammerhead barrel, T-bar stock, and a small HPA, either in a bottom line configuration or held in a bracket underneath the stock. My goal is for a small profile (not hopper-fed), accurate marker, running HPA, and rugged enough for rec/woods balling. My only issue with Phantoms and kin is the air hoses routed outside of the body; they seem to beg to be snagged on something and ripped out. Is that much of an issue in real play?
S.paw_soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
a VSC setup phantom comes with a stainless steel hardline. These are hard enough to take off with a wrench, so getting caught on something will be hard and have no effect.

Phantoms are nice guns, however no need for the hammerhead, and IMO having a stock on a phantom sucks. they get in the way more then anything, and the T-stock I lost the T handle end off mine. It slid right out all that holds it in is a small plastic ring that tightens from a locking ring. And running a 13 or 22ci tank is going to produce about 100-250 shots depending on velocity and tank.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 07:13 AM   #3
Wallify

It sounds like you know what you want. All you need to do now is go for it. The hardline won't get stuck on stuff, its hard, and close to the body of the gun, not just hanging around. As for the barrel. Phantom barrels are known to be good stock. I wouldn't worry about changing it out right away. Play with it a while and then decide. The HPA tank I would put some thought into. the difference between a 13ci tank and 22 is actually pretty huge. 22s are Extremely long (google some pictures of them mounted on guns), and can be hard to find. They do hold more air, but with a stick feed you probably wont be going through a ton of paint in a game. Welcome to the wonderful world of pump, and may you never look back.
Wallify is offline   Reply With Quote