pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > Equipment Forums > Masks

Old 07-12-2004, 02:10 PM   #101
mookie

The lense cleaners are great for if you are cleaning them during a day of play (water works just as well in my experiance). But to get in the seams where the lense meets the goggle system putting them in the dishwasher works best.
mookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2004, 10:13 AM   #102
SwiftRaper
Owner of DyeHardPaintball

Send a message via AIM to SwiftRaper Send a message via Yahoo to SwiftRaper
It's amazing how the idea of, having to use FREE water instead of windex/other cleaners, is starting what seems to be a flame war.
Just use water and patience.
SwiftRaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 06:06 PM   #103
ibeeberz
Banned

M A J O R H E L P P L Z

OK!!!! I NEED MAJOR HELP PLEASE!!!!!!!!!

You guys said water is ok? for me it is not ok. I have a JT Elite Radar mask and I wiped my lense with a wet tissue, and guess what happened. the whole thing screwed up. a thin layer that felt like plastic wrap totally crinkled up my mask, and now it looks like its been shot with a bullet cuz it has all this crickles that looks like cracks, but its just crumpled up thin layer. Then, the layer became all hard and crusty. Now what the hell is with that. Now my lense is completely useless. what shall i do???

PS ive posted this problem before in another place, and this is what i wrote

Alright, my mask (JT Elite Radar) , i am not sure how to clean it. it had all this finger prints and things like that on the lense. So, i took a tissue and wet it a tiny bit, and dabbed the lense. Just then, the lense crinkled up a layer. Like, a little layer that felt like plastic wrap crinkled up and the thing got all crusty and weird. the layer came off i guess. it was weird, it looked like it got shatterred or something when it was just the mask layer shrinkling up. What do i do to fix this? should i buy a new lense? or should i what what?
ibeeberz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #104
mookie

The layer you speak of is a film that is put on the goggles to reduce fog and prevent scratching. The only problem with it being gone is the increased risk of fogging ang scratching.

Kick *** Mookmiester.

Hope to see you and the family at an NPPL event in the near future... I'll bring pie for everyone.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:32 PM   #105
ibeeberz
Banned

But the layer ur talking about is the layer on the outside of the mask right?
Old 10-20-2004, 12:42 PM   #106
mookie

yes

Kick *** Mookmiester.

Hope to see you and the family at an NPPL event in the near future... I'll bring pie for everyone.
Old 10-20-2004, 01:27 PM   #107
ibeeberz
Banned

Is this lense that i am talking of (in the JT Elite Rader mask) Thermal or single lense? Because im looking to replace it
Old 10-21-2004, 10:40 AM   #108
mookie

If it is the basic goggle system than I doubt it but if its thermal then when you take out the lense there will be two layers and a black "foam" inbetween the layers.

Kick *** Mookmiester.

Old 10-22-2004, 04:49 PM   #109
ibeeberz
Banned

Umm so if the layer came off, how do i wash it without it coming off? Because i did use water. And how do i wash my thermal lense im getting? Without Anti Fog thing coming off? Cuz water never works for me. It ripped my anti fog off and it fogs like hell now.

PS (im talking of JT Elite Radar mask)
Old 10-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #110
mookie

The idea behind a thermal mask is that it doesn't fog up because of the two layers. With that there is no need for that layer.

Kick *** Mookmiester.

Old 10-23-2004, 10:27 AM   #111
ibeeberz
Banned

Umm, i got a quick question. Since my anti fog layer came off my lense, would it work if i just bought the anti fog spray and sprayed it? If i spray with the JT Anti fog spray on my JT Elite lense, would it resist fog as good as the fog resistent lenses? or would ir still fog slightly
Old 10-23-2004, 01:06 PM   #112
mookie

It would still for slightly. The spray doesn't eliminate fog. It just reduces it.

Kick *** Mookmiester.

Old 12-18-2004, 06:23 AM   #113
ShockerKid82
SoFLa - FBI

Send a message via AIM to ShockerKid82
is it ok to use the extreme rage google cleaner?
ShockerKid82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2004, 08:46 PM   #114
jensklemp_460

Send a message via Yahoo to jensklemp_460
Question Majik Spray

What if I went out (before I knew not to use anything BUT water) and bought me a "special" lense cleaner, its called Majik Spray Fog Resistant Lens Cleaner Pro Series... is it still safe to use or should i just throw the 10 bucks down the drain?
Old 12-31-2004, 08:11 AM   #115
ibeeberz
Banned

Re: Majik Spray

Quote:
Originally posted by jensklemp_460
What if I went out (before I knew not to use anything BUT water) and bought me a "special" lense cleaner, its called Majik Spray Fog Resistant Lens Cleaner Pro Series... is it still safe to use or should i just throw the 10 bucks down the drain?
Thats perfectlly ok. Wait, if it is the JT Majik Spray then it's fine, use it. I use it all the time to clean my lense cuz its also a cleaner too. Dont worry i use that spray all the time. ive boughten 2, and got gogged many times, nothing happeneed
Old 12-31-2004, 08:17 AM   #116
JT Pimp
Fat Boy

Send a message via AIM to JT Pimp
Soap and water works great for me
Old 01-01-2005, 07:24 PM   #117
ibeeberz
Banned

soap is allowed?
Old 01-02-2005, 03:11 AM   #118
SABO
Team G.O.O.N.

Send a message via ICQ to SABO Send a message via AIM to SABO
depends on the chemicals in the soap, if ther are any petroleum (sp) based products in the soap or any lye then you are damaging your lens

Lake Cumberland Paintball, home of Team Frostbite, powered by Kick'n Paintballs
www.shootpaint.com
www.Onlypaintball.com
www.vaporworks.net

Current Project: THE ULTIMATE SHOOTPAINT BKO
Current STATUS: In the hands of the Jedi Master, Shootpaint

Sabo´s Feedback
SABO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2005, 06:36 PM   #119
Paintballfan35
Banned

What about cleaning your mask with the extreme rage cleaner/ anti fog stuff is that stuff really good for your lenses?
Paintballfan35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2005, 11:24 AM   #120
bTd09

i used windex 2 times on my goggles (sprayed some on a paper towel and wiped on)...will that be enough to damage them?....i already bought some of that majik spray and will be using that from now on...i just wanna know if i need to buy a new mask/lens....by the way...is there anywhere i can buy lenses for my java x-type goggles?
bTd09 is offline   Reply With Quote