pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Join pbReview.com  |  Log In  
pbReview.com - Paintball Reviews and Paintball Fields

Search:

Home     |     Paintball Articles     |     Paintball Videos     |     Paintball Gear     |     Paintball Fields     |     Paintball Stores     |     Hot Deals     |     Paintball Forums     |     Chat
Go Back   Paintball Forums > General Marker Forums > High-End Electronic Markers

Old 02-08-2010, 06:44 PM   #1
silly kumquat

Whats the deference.

I have been looking at paintball markers and paintballs markers. Spent hours looking at specs. I have it narrowed down, a DP F8, G-3 or and an Invert mini. I don't really have a preference on poppit or spoolie. One big preference is a board with auto and semi settings and hopefully burst. I just want the biggest bang for my buck. I am willing to buy used. There may have been a gun i missed, my budget is $100 after i sell my 98 custom. So, i am open for suggestions.
silly kumquat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2010, 07:29 PM   #2
brickdoctor

they should all have the settings you want even more than you need. I dont know how much luck you will have getting one of the markers you sugested for 100 or less, in that price range you may want to look at a ion, since so many were sold there is a abundence of them on craigslist, e-bay, and pb nation. That marker should do everything you need also.
red ion pro
tipp 98 R/T
exp chamber
cp drop
brickdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:11 AM   #3
silly kumquat

Ive been looking at some used ones, and they seem to go for around $175 or so. The Invert mini seems more compact, but the G-3 and F8 have higher reviews.
Old 02-09-2010, 11:54 AM   #4
brickdoctor

the g-3 and proto slg are both top notch markers for there price I myself dont like the feel of the mini but hey thats just me.
red ion pro
tipp 98 R/T
exp chamber
cp drop
brickdoctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:00 PM   #5
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
f8 is best you listed, however... my question. Do you have compressed air and a electronic hopper? if not, you can throw that money out the door on those markers.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 01:22 PM   #6
silly kumquat

I have an empire sound electro hopper, idk whats its bps is though. I do not have compressed air.
Old 02-09-2010, 01:41 PM   #7
silly kumquat

Ive been surfing Ebay and i found a pretty cheap bob long intimidator, i know that gun is more maintenance then the guns i mentioned in the first post. But what i am wondering if the bob long is really worth the more babying than the F8.
Old 02-09-2010, 03:17 PM   #8
Kowz_76
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Kowz_76
There's no way a timmy takes more babying than an F8, and it'll kick the hell out of any of the guns you mentioned in the first post.
Kowz_76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 03:55 PM   #9
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kowz_76 View Post
There's no way a timmy takes more babying than an F8, and it'll kick the hell out of any of the guns you mentioned in the first post.
aint that the bloody ing truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 05:55 PM   #10
silly kumquat

A friend said that.. So the "timmy" is the ****? Better than all the other markers.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #11
silly kumquat

By babying i meant maintenance.
Old 02-09-2010, 05:59 PM   #12
AmbushOrigin
I am the Fat Man

Send a message via AIM to AmbushOrigin
your still gonna need a compressed air tank, and dont go skimpin on it with a piece of crap 3000 psi tank.
Spekta CSL- GOG eXTCy - Red Angel Fly SB -Sunburst Tx Storm G6r -Pink/white ripper vic - brown/khaki ripper vic - pink/Silver CCM Series 6.5 - Blackheart SP1 - Rasta A4 fly - Custom FBM Cobra Sniper - Red 06 Macdev Cyborg - Black/Pink DM8 - TKO Classic automag w/ logic rail -ANS phase II Classic Mag w/Tac one body -Yellow Emag-(2) Kingman Hammers - BT4 combat- red w black parts e2 Karnivor - Evil pimp - Empire Trracer - Tac8 - Rasta A1 fly - black/red fade 05 Ego
AmbushOrigin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 06:04 PM   #13
silly kumquat

i was thinking a $80 tank.
Old 02-09-2010, 06:48 PM   #14
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
If you're going to have a $100 budget how're you going to buy an $80 HPA tank and then a gun? You're going to need the tank first and then the gun second. You're also going to be better off stepping up and buying a quality HPA tank instead of a 3000psi steel tank. That way you only have to buy one tank instead of getting a cheapie, realizing it's no good and then having to buy something more expensive later.

If you have an Empire or Invert version of the Halo you're getting a loader that's faster than you'll ever be able to shoot without electronic assistance, so no worries there.

I'd rather have a used Gen-3 Intimidator than any of the guns you're considering. However, any of those markers are good budget guns for those just starting out. The F8 is the best of the three IMO, I never really liked the feel of the Mini and I've seen too many G3's that I'm not sure I'd trust reliability wise.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 07:31 PM   #15
silly kumquat

i dont need to worry about the HPA tank. The hopper, i think its fast enough.
Old 02-09-2010, 09:15 PM   #16
Coenen
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to Coenen Send a message via Yahoo to Coenen
Any of the Halo based loaders will be fine BPS wise.

If you have the Reloader A or just regular Reloader it'll give you just about 12-13 BPS. They work quite nicely. Since all of the guns your looking at have eyes you'll be fine.
Coenen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #17
killertip212
Custom Cocker Genius

Send a message via AIM to killertip212 Send a message via MSN to killertip212 Send a message via Yahoo to killertip212
Quote:
Originally Posted by silly kumquat View Post
By babying i meant maintenance.
They dont need alot of maintenance, but its a bit more intensive this is the frequency i do it:

-bolt orings get oiled every day of play
-Rammer gets greased every 5 cases
-Poppet every 10 cases
-Regs when they start dropping off so 30-40 cases

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwalski
Killer opens the photobucket and pulls out pics, chat opens the fridge and pulls out haterade.
Resident Field and Store Owner....Oh the hassles it brings

~My Feedback~
killertip212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 01:04 PM   #18
silly kumquat

I am hoping that the F8 is easier to take apart than the 98 custom. Which poppet is better the F8 or the mini?